LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Springtime

We have 3-5 days of 60+ in my part of Missouri in February. All of March, instead of getting warm, has been wet, grey, and cold. We might get snow tomorrow - 2 to 3 inches - for the first time on April 1 since 1940.

Nice :thumbsup: I madly love springtime here- both weeks of it :P

Just for kicks I put some of last year's flower seeds into my planters a week ago and I'm seeing one popping up some green but I can't remember what went where. Hoping it's not chickweed I'm seeing :rolleyes:  Going to get fresh seeds today. Marigolds and Zinnias definitely, Ageratum probably, and the rest I'll select when I see what they've got. Maybe next week when there's more money on hand I might buy some Pansies so I can have some color right away. One last round of leaf-raking and the rest of my tiny yard will be ready to go too B)

Still a small chance of one last frost here but likely not. It seems like the weather has went back to it's usual patterns now, and if that holds I see a few months of a nice summer ahead before it gets so hot that the devil himself is covered in sweat :roflmao: Gotta love the Southern life :D

Bettypooh

Up in the north we are getting creamed.  Low this morning was 10.  4" of snow Friday night with more on the way.  The MN Twins have a game here on Thursday, predicted high 35.

For the last 10 years we have had horrible spring weather.  The only good thing about snow this time of the year is it will melt into the ground for good moisture.  It's 1015 and the temp is 17.

The spring flowers are starting in the woods here.  Celandines & wood anemones so far, & the bluebells and marsh marigolds can't be far away.  Mind you, today it's been raining for hours with no sign of it stopping. I'm sitting here watching the moorhens and mallards swimming around on flooded bits of field.  And it's cold again (for here): 3 C, which must be about 38 F I should think.  Think I'll try to get someone else to walk Binkie today!

On 3/31/2018 at 3:17 PM, DailyDi said:

Getting the yard cleaned up today. Was a good test of my pull-on diaper, which didn't snag or pull and kept me dry.

IMG_0046.jpg

There's one thing missing from this picture of your house - a clothsline hanging with diapers drying in the fresh spring air!

Spring and Winter are having a good fight over April, so far where I live. Spring did her best to sprout and bless us with daffodil and forsythia blossoms. Winter pretty well killed off the daffodils. The forsythia are hangin' in there like the real troopers they are.

On 4/2/2018 at 8:26 AM, rusty pins said:

There's one thing missing from this picture of your house - a clothsline hanging with diapers drying in the fresh spring air!

Cut him some slack- even us Southern 'redneck' types have enough class to put the clothesline in the back yard ;)  It goes in front only if you live in a trailer park:roflmao:

The Jonquils here did their thing 2-3 weeks ago, but even as welcome as they are everyone knows not to trust them as a sign of winter's ending- sometimes Jonquils tell lies :o I spent $8 on seeds and bought a $12 potted Verbena for some instant color. I gave the left-over seeds to my sister to share some happiness around B)

Bettypooh

On 4/3/2018 at 5:18 PM, dlinmsp said:

Springtime, schmingtime.  My snowblower just took another 7" off the driveway.  8* for a low tonight, windchills - Siberian.

We had a few inches of snow a few days ago and it was only about 30 F for the high. And now today it's 50F. 

I'm so ready for warm weather.

23 hours ago, le Hollandais said:

Yesterday the temp. cracked 80°F. Today may be the same. I'm ready for warm weather, too. 

It was 93 F here yesterday and pretty humid so had to turn on the window air conditioner. 

Today it's 75 F but tonight it's supposed to be 31 F with a feel temp of 11 F and supposed to get some snow throughout the night. 

And tomorrows high with the snow is supposed to only be 40 F. 

So I guess spring isn't quite here yet. At least we're out of the below freezing temps hopefully for awhile. 

Thought I was gonna be able to put my space heater away for the season but looks like I may need it for another few nights and for tomorrow. 

I burn wood mostly for heat and use space heaters to supplement but I'll let the space heaters take over for the few cold days and nights we might have. 

It got just warm enough here in lower Michigan Thursday and Friday to start the fruit trees budding (60-70 degrees).  Snow expected Sunday morning, enough to kill the buds and drive the price of fruit sky high this fall!

They were talking the other day that this year is second only to 1936.  Record low temps during winter and record highs during the summer.  They showed a picture of the St. Croix river that nearly dried up.  This could only be the beginning folks.

We got that snow although thankfully not a whole lot but enough to stick to the ground. 

It's only 30 F here right now but tomorrow is supposed to be around 53 F  and then it's supposed to get warmer from then. "Hopefully" lol

Well spring definitely here now, & we've got a few days of warm weather forecast for this week.  13 deg C here today, & it may get as high as 20 this week.  That's pretty good for here, we don't do hot.  The marsh marigolds are out now, & the bluebells will be another day or two I think.  So today was my big wardrobe change day.  Out of trousers, into shorts.  Out of shoes & socks & into sandals.  No more Superman socks until the leaves start falling again.  That's it until the autumn - no turning back.  Onesies, shorts & sandals, until & unless Mummy says I've got to wear something else.  And nappies when she's not around.  No more big boys' undies either, if I can get away with it.

On 4/14/2018 at 8:44 AM, dlinmsp said:

They were talking the other day that this year is second only to 1936.  Record low temps during winter and record highs during the summer.  They showed a picture of the St. Croix river that nearly dried up.  This could only be the beginning folks.

The weather seems rather depressed where I live: snow, rain and an occasional thunderstorm for several days now.