LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Training Yourself to Wet in Your Diapers

Training Yourself to Wet in Your Diaper

I have noticed a recurring theme on this website about training yourself to wet in a diaper. I have read some of the strategies and some comments about the strategies which seem to suggest that they haven’t worked. I'd like to suggest a strategy that I believe will work. I'm not sure that it will work, but it replicates my experience in which I have become very nearly incontinent. I'm going to break this down into four sections. The first section contains the strategy that I propose. This is the how-to section. The second section contains my comments on why it should work or at least why I believe that my strategy will work and the drink-until-you-pee doesn’t work. This also contains my thoughts on why it’s so hard to develop the habit of wetting in a diaper in the first place. The third section contains some cautions. The fourth section is a bit of my personal history about becoming marginally incontinent, how it happened and where I am now. I suppose it’s sort of proof of concept, if I can use that term.

The reason that I’ve divided this into four sections is so that you only have to read as much as you want to give this strategy try.  So, for example, if you’re the impatient type and just want to give this a try, you really don't have to read further than the first section and you're on your way. If you're curious about why it's so hard to wet in a diaper, want a layman’s explanation, and want to have that in mind before you judge the strategy proposing, you can start at the second section. If you're worried about what might happen if you try the strategy and actually works (which is perfectly reasonable if not highly recommended), then you can start at the third section. Finally, if you’re a skeptic (which you should be) and need some explanation as to why this strategy might work, you can start at the fourth section. If you find that credible, then you can read on.

Before you try what I’m proposing, please know that I’m not making any promises, nor am I making any claims about how quickly, or successfully you will learn to wet. If it does work, cool. If it doesn't work, please don't send me angry missives about bullsh*tting you, or criticize me—I’m just throwing this out there—for information only. 

Also, the risks are entirely your own. I’m not a doctor; I’m just another diaper lover who comes to this website to explore my love of diapers.

This is for information only. I’m not recommending that you try this. 

The Strategy

Obviously, you need to be diapered (but maybe not, I don’t judge) and feeling relaxed about wetting yourself if it happens. That means that you can’t be worried about your diaper leaking, or someone seeing and embarrassing you or being in any situation that gives you concern about wetting yourself. So, arrange your situation so that all you have to concern yourself with is naturally wetting yourself.

You need to have a ‘full’ bladder or be in a circumstance where you are feeling the urge to pee. The objective is to be feeling the need to pee. You don’t have to be desperately struggling to hold your urine but you at least need sufficient urge to pee if you relax your bladder sphincter. Again, not a doctor, so if I get the anatomy a bit wrong, allow me some license.

When you feel the urge to pee, find the position—whether you have to stand or sit or lie down—in which it is easiest for you to be relaxed to pee.

When you feel the need to pee, even if it is only slight, relax and let your bladder start to void (that’s medicalese for let yourself pee)(or maybe it isn’t, what do I know).

Now, here is the counter-intuitive step that I think will make all the difference. As soon as you start wetting—stop yourself. Hold back your pee. Yes, that’s right. Only pee a small amount. There are two reasons. First, you don’t want to flood your diaper and risk an accident which—no matter how hard are you trying not to worry—is a natural fear that you’ve acquired through potty-trained not to happen. Second, and more importantly, if you fully relieve yourself, you’ve got to drink litres (that’s gallons for our American viewers) of liquid again, AND you’ve got to wait until you feel the need to pee again. What we’re after is a repetition of wettings and a constant feeling of having to pee. You’re diaper won’t be flooded and you won’t need to change yet. And, you’ve still got a full bladder and hopefully in a few minutes, the urge to pee will return. Drink just enough to ‘top up’ your bladder.

Wait for the next urge to pee and repeat. Keep going until you need to change your diaper or until you start to worry about leaks or anything that might distract you.

Why It Should Work

Most of us pee infrequently during the day so a full bladder and feeling the urge to pee is infrequent and unusual. When we feel the urge to pee we usually respond automatically (Hmm, I need to pee!) and we go the toilet. The clench reaction is autonomous (you don’t have to think about it) and that’s the reflex you’re trying to break That’s potty-training. The idea here is to get you used to having a full bladder and feeling the urge to pee—all the time. You’re desensitizing yourself to the cue so that over time, you’re less and less likely to notice it because it isn’t unusual any more. That is why I suggest that you only void a small amount, so there is only a short time before the urge to pee returns. Having to pee becomes the steady state that you’re in. You are always holding your bladder—not dance around the room desperately needing to go—consciously trying NOT to pee. At some point—and this will happen if you keep yourself distracted from the urge of having to pee—you will inadvertently relax and you will pee. Spontaneously. The natural reaction will be to clench but you will already have peed a little. That is what you want to have happen over and over and over. There is something else that is happening when you do this. Your bladder has a resting shape and volume. The urge to pee comes from a distended (stretched) bladder. When you void, the muscles pull to return the bladder to its empty size and volume. Holding your urine stretches the bladder and overtime it becomes stretched or conditioned to accept being stretched. When you relax to void, your bladder will not fully empty. This is a medical condition and basically isn’t good. That’s why you’re told that you should go to the toilet as soon as the urge to pee is felt. With an empty bladder your bladder sphincter can relax and does so naturally. If when it does, there is still urine in your bladder, you’re likely to wet yourself. What you are doing is allowing your body’s natural functioning to work for you to let you wet yourself.

You will always—I believe sense that you’re about to wet yourself. There just won’t be the natural reaction to immediately hold, nor will it be difficult to relax It then becomes a matter of of just allowing yourself to wet in your diaper. Also, because the feeling will come sooner, you’ll pee a smaller amount and be less likely over time to tense up.

You’re probably going to have to do this for some period of time. From personal experience, though, it’s definitely not going take more than a few months—if that. Once you’ve become accustomed to wetting in your diaper you can stop. You’ll have conditioned yourself to accept wetting into a diaper, or heaven forbid, your panties or underpants.

Again, this is all speculative. I’m not suggesting you try this, I’m just sayin’…

Some Cautions

Realize that by training yourself to wet in a diaper, you’re undoing nature’s—and your mother’s—work. You are desensitizing your body to its natural control over your bladder. Over time there is the possibility of overflow incontinence1 because you are intentionally keeping your bladder in a distended state. Your bladder will no longer be able to fully empty. In the extreme—and this is where my experience comes in—it will become very hard NOT to wet your diaper.

My Personal History

For three years back in 1996, I was a sales representative and travelled extensively—three weeks each month—by car. I would finish a day at the office and drive from Buffalo to different cities in the Northeast. Most trips would take 6 to 8 hours, less if I went fast and didn’t stop until I ABSOLUTELY HAD TO. So, I didn’t. This went on for months and months. Over time, and I seem to recall that it was much less than a year, I found that even with stops to pee I was always feeling the need to pee. Not much longer after that, I was feeling the need to pee before I’d gone a few minutes down the highway, then before I’d even left the parking lot. Finally, driving late one night, well between any rest stops, I realized that I was wetting myself. Cloth seats, too. Not a pretty sight. There’s much more to the story which I’ve recounted elsewhere and spoken to members here, but suffice to say, I bought some diapers the next day—quite on impulse and with no small amount of embarrassment—and began wearing diapers during my drives. Soon, I was wearing diapers as often as possible and soon graduated to letting myself poop in them as well. I did go to a doctor when wetting myself became alarming (on the rational practical side, not on the pleasure side). I was tested and found to have overflow incontinence. The doctor hearing my story as to how this had happened was fiercely annoyed and said: “Stop it. The MOMENT you feel the need to pee, find a rest stop and go. If this goes on, you’ll be incontinent.” I sort of considered that allowing myself to wet in my diapers would be just the thing. It wasn’t. If I don’t wear a diaper during the day, I usually wear a sanitary pad—not unusual for a woman. My sense of having to pee has been slipping in the last while; I have already started to wet before I realize that I am and can stop it. I am not fully incontinent, I do have bladder control—it’s just that my timing can be off. Similarly, if I wear diapers to bed, I am very relaxed and secure. During the night the urge to pee barely wakes me and frequently, knowing I am diapered, I will just relax and wet my diaper. It has been rather alarming recently to wake in the morning in a wet diaper with no recollection that I needed to pee during the night. Either I didn’t wake enough to remember and intentionally allowed myself to wet, or—and to some degree this is worrying—I have made myself a bedwetter. The implication of this is that I’m now very leery of sleeping without a diaper and terrified to sleep over anywhere without diapers and plastic panties.

1. Overflow incontinence is a steady or frequent dribble of urine because the bladder doesn't empty completely. [It can lead to incontinence.] Incontinence is more common in people as they get older. (viz. https://www.google.ca/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=benign+urinary+retention&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=JfVfWoDhJKKdXvG7nOgN)

Edited by nitewets
Correction of wording and grammar
  • Thanks 2

if you are peeing at night with no memory of needing to pee you  may be now nocturnal incontinent  (one of the toughest to reverse) and unfortunately if you are peeing with out warning or after a short warning in or out of a diaper you may be closer to having real incontinence then you may think. Your doctors right the more you just release the faster you loose your remaining control and theres a point of no return.

As for stopping any time you need to at the side of the hwy as your doctor recommended is not a safe idea as one day you may get hit by a passing car and it’s illegal to urinate on the side of thr road, 

you could try a comdom catheter with a leg bag (no diaper) as you can try timed voids by removing the tube when you need to pee in the toilet but you would still be protected if you don't make it. (not sure if this would work) 

• Like 1

Thanks. I revised the wording to remove the implication of stopping on the highway itself. It was never my intention to become incontinent. You will see from what I’ve written elsewhere that I’ve been struggling emotionally with my present situation and where it seems to be leading.

4 hours ago, Rob110 said:

if you are peeing at night with no memory of needing to pee you  may be now nocturnal incontinent  (one of the toughest to reverse) and unfortunately if you are peeing with out warning or after a short warning in or out of a diaper you may be closer to having real incontinence then you may think. Your doctors right the more you just release the faster you loose your remaining control and theres a point of no return.

As for stopping any time you need to at the side of the hwy as your doctor recommended is not a safe idea as one day you may get hit by a passing car and it’s illegal to urinate on the side of thr road, 

you could try a comdom catheter with a leg bag (no diaper) as you can try timed voids by removing the tube when you need to pee in the toilet but you would still be protected if you don't make it. (not sure if this would work) 

Very true my continence nurse wanted me to keep away from nappies during the day as long as possible but I couldn't cope with wetting my self or the risk of it happening so switched to nappies and of course she was right after only a comparatively short time I had very little bladder control .

Life is just easier in nappies though 

Never thought about it before, but based on my experience your “as soon as you start wetting—stop yourself” may have merit.  As background, every night before going to bed I drink a couple glasses of water and diaper up with the hope of wetting in my sleep.  Many nights it happens, but all too often it does not.  Generally when I wake with the urge I totally empty my bladder only to repeat the wake/void scenario one or more times before morning.  However, in frustration there are times when I only release a bit, enough to lower the urge so that I can fall back asleep.  Now that you mention it, I’m thinking on the “release a bit” nights I more often sleep (and wet) uninterrupted the rest of night.  Hoping to achieve total nighttime incontinence I‘m going to pursue your strategy.  Thanks for insight.

• Thanks 1
On 1/17/2018 at 5:58 PM, nitewets said:

I have noticed a recurring theme on this website about training yourself to wet in a diaper. I have read some of the strategies and some comments about the strategies which seem to suggest that they haven’t worked. I'd like to suggest a strategy that I believe will work. I'm not sure that it will work, but it replicates my experience in which I have become very nearly incontinent. I'm going to break this down into four sections. The first section contains the strategy that I propose. This is the how-to section. The second section contains my comments on why it should work or at least why I believe that my strategy will work and the drink-until-you-pee doesn’t work. This also contains my thoughts on why it’s so hard to develop the habit of wetting in a diaper in the first place. The third section contains some cautions. The fourth section is a bit of my personal history about becoming marginally incontinent, how it happened and where I am now. I suppose it’s sort of proof of concept, if I can use that term.

The reason that I’ve divided this into four sections is so that you only have to read as much as you want to give this strategy try.  So, for example, if you’re the impatient type and just want to give this a try, you really don't have to read further than the first section and you're on your way. If you're curious about why it's so hard to wet in a diaper, want a layman’s explanation, and want to have that in mind before you judge the strategy proposing, you can start at the second section. If you're worried about what might happen if you try the strategy and actually works (which is perfectly reasonable if not highly recommended), then you can start at the third section. Finally, if you’re a skeptic (which you should be) and need some explanation as to why this strategy might work, you can start at the fourth section. If you find that credible, then you can read on.

Before you try what I’m proposing, please know that I’m not making any promises, nor am I making any claims about how quickly, or successfully you will learn to wet. If it does work, cool. If it doesn't work, please don't send me angry missives about bullsh*tting you, or criticize me—I’m just throwing this out there—for information only. 

Also, the risks are entirely your own. I’m not a doctor; I’m just another diaper lover who comes to this website to explore my love of diapers.

The Strategy

Obviously, you need to be diapered (but maybe not, I don’t judge) and feeling relaxed about wetting yourself if it happens. That means that you can’t be worried about your diaper leaking, or someone seeing and embarrassing you or being in any situation that gives you concern about wetting yourself. So, arrange your situation so that all you have to concern yourself with is naturally wetting yourself.

You need to have a ‘full’ bladder or be in a circumstance where you are feeling the urge to pee. The objective is to be feeling the need to pee. You don’t have to be desperately struggling to hold your urine but you at least need sufficient urge to pee if you relax your bladder sphincter. Again, not a doctor, so if I get the anatomy a bit wrong, allow me some license.

When you feel the urge to pee, find the position—whether you have to stand or sit or lie down—in which it is easiest for you to be relaxed to pee.

When you feel the need to pee, even if it is only slight, relax and let your bladder start to void (that’s medicalese for let yourself pee)(or maybe it isn’t, what do I know).

Now, here is the counter-intuitive step that I think will make all the difference. As soon as you start wetting—stop yourself. Hold back your pee. Yes, that’s right. Only pee a small amount. There are two reasons. First, you don’t want to flood your diaper and risk an accident which—no matter how hard are you trying not to worry—is a natural fear that you’ve acquired through potty-trained not to happen. Second, and more importantly, if you fully relieve yourself, you’ve got to drink litres (that’s gallons for our American viewers) of liquid again, AND you’ve got to wait until you feel the need to pee again. What we’re after is a repetition of wettings and a constant feeling of having to pee. You’re diaper won’t be flooded and you won’t need to change yet. And, you’ve still got a full bladder and hopefully in a few minutes, the urge to pee will return. Drink just enough to ‘top up’ your bladder.

Wait for the next urge to pee and repeat. Keep going until you need to change your diaper or until you start to worry about leaks or anything that might distract you.

Why It Should Work

Most of us pee infrequently during the day so a full bladder and feeling the urge to pee is infrequent and unusual. When we feel the urge to pee we usually respond automatically (Hmm, I need to pee!) and we go the toilet. The clench reaction is autonomous (you don’t have to think about it) and that’s the reflex you’re trying to break That’s potty-training. The idea here is to get you used to having a full bladder and feeling the urge to pee—all the time. You’re desensitizing yourself to the cue so that over time, you’re less and less likely to notice it because it isn’t unusual any more. That is why I suggest that you only void a small amount, so there is only a short time before the urge to pee returns. Having to pee becomes the steady state that you’re in. You are always holding your bladder—not dance around the room desperately needing to go—consciously trying NOT to pee. At some point—and this will happen if you keep yourself distracted from the urge of having to pee—you will inadvertently relax and you will pee. Spontaneously. The natural reaction will be to clench but you will already have peed a little. That is what you want to have happen over and over and over. There is something else that is happening when you do this. Your bladder has a resting shape and volume. The urge to pee comes from a distended (stretched) bladder. When you void, the muscles pull to return the bladder to its empty size and volume. Holding your urine stretches the bladder and overtime it becomes stretched or conditioned to accept being stretched. When you relax to void, your bladder will not fully empty. This is a medical condition and basically isn’t good. That’s why you’re told that you should go to the toilet as soon as the urge to pee is felt. With an empty bladder your bladder sphincter can relax and does so naturally. If when it does, there is still urine in your bladder, you’re likely to wet yourself. What you are doing is allowing your body’s natural functioning to work for you to let you wet yourself.

You will always—I believe sense that you’re about to wet yourself. There just won’t be the natural reaction to immediately hold, nor will it be difficult to relax It then becomes a matter of of just allowing yourself to wet in your diaper. Also, because the feeling will come sooner, you’ll pee a smaller amount and be less likely over time to tense up.

You’re probably going to have to do this for some period of time. From personal experience, though, it’s definitely not going take more than a few months—if that. Once you’ve become accustomed to wetting in your diaper you can stop. You’ll have conditioned yourself to accept wetting into a diaper, or heaven forbid, your panties or underpants.

Again, this is all speculative. I’m not suggesting you try this, I’m just sayin’…

Some Cautions

Realize that by training yourself to wet in a diaper, you’re undoing nature’s—and your mother’s—work. You are desensitizing your body to its natural control over your bladder. Over time there is the possibility of overflow incontinence1 because you are intentionally keeping your bladder in a distended state. Your bladder will no longer be able to fully empty. In the extreme—and this is where my experience comes in—it will become very hard NOT to wet your diaper.

My Personal History

For three years back in 1996, I was a sales representative and travelled extensively—three weeks each month—by car. I would finish a day at the office and drive from Buffalo to different cities in the Northeast. Most trips would take 6 to 8 hours, less if I went fast and didn’t stop until I ABSOLUTELY HAD TO. So, I didn’t. This went on for months and months. Over time, and I seem to recall that it was much less than a year, I found that even with stops to pee I was always feeling the need to pee. Not much longer after that, I was feeling the need to pee before I’d gone a few minutes down the highway, then before I’d even left the parking lot. Finally, driving late one night, well between any rest stops, I realized that I was wetting myself. Cloth seats, too. Not a pretty sight. There’s much more to the story which I’ve recounted elsewhere and spoken to members here, but suffice to say, I bought some diapers the next day—quite on impulse and with no small amount of embarrassment—and began wearing diapers during my drives. Soon, I was wearing diapers as often as possible and soon graduated to letting myself poop in them as well. I did go to a doctor when wetting myself became alarming (on the rational practical side, not on the pleasure side). I was tested and found to have overflow incontinence. The doctor hearing my story as to how this had happened was fiercely annoyed and said: “Stop it. The MOMENT you feel the need to pee, find a rest stop and go. If this goes on, you’ll be incontinent.” I sort of considered that allowing myself to wet in my diapers would be just the thing. It wasn’t. If I don’t wear a diaper during the day, I usually wear a sanitary pad—not unusual for a woman. My sense of having to pee has been slipping in the last while; I have already started to wet before I realize that I am and can stop it. I am not fully incontinent, I do have bladder control—it’s just that my timing can be off. Similarly, if I wear diapers to bed, I am very relaxed and secure. During the night the urge to pee barely wakes me and frequently, knowing I am diapered, I will just relax and wet my diaper. It has been rather alarming recently to wake in the morning in a wet diaper with no recollection that I needed to pee during the night. Either I didn’t wake enough to remember and intentionally allowed myself to wet, or—and to some degree this is worrying—I have made myself a bedwetter. The implication of this is that I’m now very leery of sleeping without a diaper and terrified to sleep over anywhere without diapers and plastic panties.

1. Overflow incontinence is a steady or frequent dribble of urine because the bladder doesn't empty completely. [It can lead to incontinence.] Incontinence is more common in people as they get older. (viz. https://www.google.ca/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=benign+urinary+retention&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=JfVfWoDhJKKdXvG7nOgN)

Thanks! You know wetting advice is valuable when the writter's name is literally "Wetnite" . 

This makes a ton of sense to me. It's very hard to keep your bladder totally relaxed and draining all the time. But it's much easier (albeit more uncomfortable) to not release your bladder all of the way. This would certainly create a substantial change in your bladder in short order, because you're not ever returning it to a state of completely empty anymore. Once your bladder doesn't get exercise, it's flexibility and functioning will diminish.

That said, this doesn't sound like it's for the faint of heart. Incontinence achieved like this will be very different from incontinence achieved by staying relaxed. You will retain urine constantly, and that could mean long-term dull pain in your bladder. I think the ideal way is still to remain relaxed, but for those wishing to achieve incontinence sooner, this may be just the thing.

Retention keeps your bladder full-sized and will keep the sphincter muscles in shape so that the end result will not be incontinence but instead the opposite :o True incontinence is not having the ability to control urine flow, and that can only be achieved by having the bladder and sphincter unable to do that by reduction of use. Then they cannot function so they won't :D

There are some who think that other approaches will work, however they are always found incorrect in the  end. I do encourage trying in whatever manner you may choose and sharing those results with us, but so far the 'traditional' method is the only method with a proven track record of working.

Bettypooh

• Like 1

What Nitewets suggests is, in his doctors opinion and my opinion, extremly dangerous to the point of sucidal. The internal sphincter is like a pressure release valve to avoid back pressure and therefore damage to ones kidneys. The bladder, when it starts to empty (normal continent person) is bloated and since it is a muscle, the muscle contracts to force the urine out. This sensation closes a valve to stop pressure on ones kidneys. At that stage, the kidneys become oversaturated with salts and one senses that as pain. Secondly, the external sphincter, being closed and held closed, one senses this pressure. If we do as nitewets suggests, release only a little to relieve the pressure.... one can easily destroy ones kidneys. Secondly, one is numbing the nerves that sense the overfull bladder. This will mean that our reflex action on an overfull bladder never kicks in.. and we will burst our bladder. Urine will spill into the body cavity... not only is that extremely caustic.... it will effect our ability to create a vacuum in our lungs.

I conservately estimate that one would sufficate within a half hour from this... and even if you got medical attention quick enough... and the relevant emergency surgery... the damage to ones intestines would require a section to be removed, while the damage to kidneys would be irreparable. Even those on kidney dialysis can last approx 7+ days between sessions as they have partially operating kidneys. The 'stunt' desicribed could, due to pressure, explode ones kidneys.

I strongly urge, in the best interest of your life, do not try this. There are much better, and safer ways of becoming incontinent.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, babykeiff said:

What Nitewets suggests is, in his doctors opinion and my opinion, extremly dangerous to the point of sucidal. The internal sphincter is like a pressure release valve to avoid back pressure and therefore damage to ones kidneys. The bladder, when it starts to empty (normal continent person) is bloated and since it is a muscle, the muscle contracts to force the urine out. This sensation closes a valve to stop pressure on ones kidneys. At that stage, the kidneys become oversaturated with salts and one senses that as pain. Secondly, the external sphincter, being closed and held closed, one senses this pressure. If we do as nitewets suggests, release only a little to relieve the pressure.... one can easily destroy ones kidneys. Secondly, one is numbing the nerves that sense the overfull bladder. This will mean that our reflex action on an overfull bladder never kicks in.. and we will burst our bladder. Urine will spill into the body cavity... not only is that extremely caustic.... it will effect our ability to create a vacuum in our lungs.

I conservately estimate that one would sufficate within a half hour from this... and even if you got medical attention quick enough... and the relevant emergency surgery... the damage to ones intestines would require a section to be removed, while the damage to kidneys would be irreparable. Even those on kidney dialysis can last approx 7+ days between sessions as they have partially operating kidneys. The 'stunt' desicribed could, due to pressure, explode ones kidneys.

I strongly urge, in the best interest of your life, do not try this. There are much better, and safer ways of becoming incontinent.

Ok, but other than destroying your kidneys, bursting your bladder and filling your body cavity with urine, it's a great idea, right?  :)

• Like 1
On 18-1-2018 at 2:58 AM, nitewets said:

The Strategy

Why It Should Work

Some Cautions

My Personal History

Holy crap………. Well, reading all this I am so going to stick to my own method, I know it works, it is safe (my opinion of course), comes with almost no effort, I can discontinue whenever I want or need too and I do not feel any discomfort. Sounds like a win-win-win-win-win situation. That doesn’t mean the method of the OP doesn’t work it is not for me to judge.

• 4 weeks later...

I for one quite appreciate "Nitewets" efforts in putting together her way of working towards bladder incontinence. Now we have all heard of or read the 12 month program of which there are various degrees of success. And of course there are other ways and means of dealing with "unpotty training". Since reading this particular training I rather like the feeling of having a bladder that needs attention. The only question I really have is, how much is a small amount of pee to release? In the past couple of days of trying this out I have experimented with various amounts of release where I will not only experience that continued full bladder sensation but also experience the continued need to pee within a minute or 2, or longer up to 5 or 10 minutes. So I am uncertain where the time level is supposed to be. I generally drink 2 glasses of water and a full pot of coffee each morning so as of this writing I am averaging 5 minute intervals between those frequent little releases while still feeling a rather full bladder.

I completely understand that in maintaining a bladder in a constant state of needing release will in time (maybe a couple of months or so) leave the bladder in a muscular weakened state where it can no longer squeeze and compress to get all of your pee out. But what confuses me is if you only do repeated small amounts of release, you are at the same time working that little muscle gate to stop anymore pee from escaping. So my next question is, does this not defeat the purpose of wanting to become incontinent in the first place because you are actually making that little muscle stronger? Or am I thinking wrong....lol

Ever since I fully embraced my love for wearing and using diapers which completely enhances my passion for wetting, I have in fact wanted to become bladder incontinent, so I am always out looking for good ideas of getting there.:03_EmoticonsHDcom:

There are multiple levels of diaper dependance / incontinence.

#1 Newborn Level

Does not know about potties etc. When it needs to void, is aware of the sensation, but doesn't know what it means. It registers same as something that needs to be taken care of so it fusses for attention. Bladder and bowel sphincters are autonomically controlled so discomfort is removed. If left in this state, the newborn as he/she matures, would never gain control as their bladder / bowels would never learn how to stretch. A newborn will need changing almost every hour due to this to give a diaper usage of almost 20 diapers per 24hr period.  

#2 Baby Level

Due to coersion and training, ignores all signals from bladder & bowels. Due to the proportions in its size and the size of its diaper, will no longer void autonomically, but will allow its bladder and/or bowels to fill to capacity before voiding. When it starts to void bowels, due to the feelings, will spread its legs slightly to allow for room in its diapers. As a result, the discomfort of a full bladder / bowels is mainly ignored and handled without thought. Due to this, a baby will need changing every 2 - 4 hours while its bladder / bowel capacity grows to give a diaper usage of 6-10 diapers every 24hr period.

#3 Toddler Level

Knows when it needs to void, but due to knowing no better, and habits formed (by training) over the past 2-3 years, will wet without thinking but will force to void at the first chance during / after meals. This means the diapers are changed after every meal to give an approx count of 4-6 diapers per 24hr period

#4 Reflex

When urine enters the bladder to a specific level, the sphincters will open and one will void entire contents at pressure. This is usually due to an irritation within the bladder. Similar occurs with the bowels. This person normally suffers from recurrent U.T.I. and bowel infections. Diaper usage would be in the 4-6 per 24hr perioud, the same as a toddler.

#5 Overflow

When bladder/bowels are full, will void with force. Mostly, the person is aware of this, and find this a discomfort due to the pressures involved. Over time, this level will morph into Reflex due to stretching  damage.  Due to the forces, diaper usage is cloth as it is the only diaper that can handle the large quantity.

#6 Self Trained (Hypnotic etc)

Due to the bladder losing its ability to stretch, and the consistant relaxed state of the external sphincter, this person will void approx an egg-cup full every 30 minutes 24/7/365 (depending on ones fluid consumption). This state takes time and paitence to achieve, and requires one to pass all control  to ones sub-contious mind. This will allow one to regain the 'newborn' level of voiding. Bowel loss is also achieved this way. Due to the consistant warm wet squishy diaper, and the lack of feeling to identify a messy diaper, the relaxed pelvic floor muscles, this stimulates the bowels to release on every movement. As a result, the bowels / lower intestines will not have the time to reabsorb some of the fluid in ones poop. Without identifiable feedback, bowel control slowly deterioates to the state that one is voiding from bowels without notice during / shortly after every meal. Diaper usage is now per clock, as opposed to by voiding. As a result, diaper usage will be approx 4-5 per 24hr period with bosters / cloth overnight.

Epilog

For those people that are/were toilet trained and wish to become incontinent, it is #1 and/or #6 that one can achieve safely. Medical science will refer to it as '#4 Reflex' incontinence, but since one is not voiding at pressure and there is no damage that caused same, it really is not Reflex Incontinence. Since some bladder / bowel damage is impossible to identify without cutting open the bladder / bowels, most Doctors will state, based on evidence (that one is wearing and soiling diapers) that it is Reflex incontinence.

#5 Overflow Incontinence is easy to attain, but the associated complications in ones quality of life (not the fact that one is diaper dependant, but the associated damage to bladder, bowels, kidneys, sphincters, liver, heart etc) does not make it a choice that I would recommend.

Incontinence can be achieved by just putting on a diaper and relaxing. Convince yourself that the diaper is your bathroom. When you get the feeling that you need to void, spread your legs slightly (no matter where you are or what you are doing) and void. If your diaper leaks, ignore it. No matter what you were doing before you voided, continue what you were doing before you voided. The diaper is doing a job, was doing a job before you voided, and will contine to do its job after you voided.

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, babykeiff said:

Incontinence can be achieved by just putting on a diaper and relaxing. Convince yourself that the diaper is your bathroom. When you get the feeling that you need to void, spread your legs slightly (no matter where you are or what you are doing) and void. If your diaper leaks, ignore it. No matter what you were doing before you voided, continue what you were doing before you voided. The diaper is doing a job, was doing a job before you voided, and will contine to do its job after you voided.

I think this was incredibly well written -- the whole thing took a lot of thought.  And I, for one, appreciate it to no end. Thank you!

I've only quoted the last paragraph since it speaks directly to what some are trying to do here.

To be redundant, if you are truly incontinent, you cannot control you bladder. If you are truly incontinent, you cannot decide not to be incontinent "just this once" because it might be inconvenient or because you might leak. Hence, if you are serious about this, you will behave the same as one who already is incontinent. And will deal with the same results including leaks and inconvenient changes. And incontinent person simply has no choice. So a "trainee" must mirror those conditions. Hence, proper preparation, especially when not at home is essential.

In other words, I don't think incontinence is something you can turn off and on. While there are different types, and some have less control than others, you are either incontinent or you are kidding yourself.

This takes time, and there are milestones that will be achieved. That said, the desire to speed the process up safely is strong. And perhaps there are some additional safe behaviors that will accelerate one's achieving daytime incontinence or bedwetting. It's doesn't hurt to look.

In the meantime, keep yourself well stocked with disposables. Or cloth if you're into that in the evening at home and at nighttime as this writer is.

Peace,

Bob

12 hours ago, Your Wet Friend said:

I don't think incontinence is something you can turn off and on.

Well sort of. Learned incontinence is essentially a changing of habits and one does not have to follow the same patterns all of the time ;) I'm effectively incontinent when awake but don't bedwet, whereas someone with zero control would do both. Nor have I developed any weakening of bowel control as many do. This suits me just fine B)

When you think it through all that it takes to become incontinent is to not recognize or exhibit bladder control- you just let whatever happens happen. Your external sphincter falls into a state of non-use and being a muscle it then weakens. Your internal sphincter can behave in different ways but given enough time it to begins to not function as part of the body's innate conservation of energy. There is no point of it holding so in time it won't. Now you just leak and since you're not paying attention to that you usually don't notice it happening :girl_happy: The detrussor follows along and the bladder, now being unneeded, shrinks to minimal size. Everything past the kidneys becomes just a pipe to the outside.

I never wanted bowel incontinence nor am I any good with following detailed regimens so I knew the 12 month plan wasn't for me. You don't need to change your diet to pee. You don't need to change your body to pee. In fact nothing needs to change for you to pee because you're already doing that. All you need to change is how that happens :)  Since the brain and mind control the bladder, that is what you change, accepting whatever body changes follow that (along with a lot of diaper changes thereafter :roflmao: )

I still have some bladder control but it is minimal and I rarely exercise it. My weakened detrussor still functions when I choose to try. My internal sphincter is usually at rest (open) but sometimes it retains urine then releases it in more than dribbles. I still wake to pee at night when my internal sphincter still works. So I can turn my incontinence off if I want to; not as effectively as someone with normal bladder control though still enough to have control for a short time if I want it. I just don't want it most of the time :biker_h4h:

Bettypooh

For those people that are/were toilet trained and wish to become incontinent, it is #1 and/or #6 that one can achieve safely.

1 hour ago, Bettypooh said:

You don't need to change your diet to pee. You don't need to change your body to pee. In fact nothing needs to change for you to pee because you're already doing that. All you need to change is how that happens :)  Since the brain and mind control the bladder, that is what you change, accepting whatever body changes follow that (along with a lot of diaper changes thereafter :roflmao: )

I must say that "Babykeiff" did an awesome job in laying out the various stages of voiding. And the reason why I placed the 3 quotes in this manner is they all definitely pertain to my own desires of becoming bladder incontinent. And besides, they make perfect sense....lol. And seeing as how I have IBS issues which does enhance my pleasure in making messes in my diapers, wanting to become bowel incontinent in addition to bladder incontinence, just may turn out to be a nice bonus. However, the bladder has the priority at the moment:09_EmoticonsHDcom::03_EmoticonsHDcom:

On 1/26/2018 at 7:44 AM, babykeiff said:

Actually, the ureterovesical junction (where the ureters enter the bladder) has a valve-like function that protects the kidneys from reflux. The more the bladder stretches from being full, the more the ureters get stretched on the roof of the bladder, and the tighter they are shut. Normally, unless there is a mechanical obstruction in the urethra or severe chronic spasms (as in bladder dissynergia), you won't be able to reach pressures high enough to either backflow in the kidneys or rupture the bladder. You would eventually get an uncontrollable urge to urinate.

By the way, urine is not really "caustic", nor able to cause the damage you describe. Urinary bladder trauma is fairly common in car crashes, shootings. The bladder being torn usually is one of the lesser issues, and not in itself associated with major complications. Bladder tears usually heal well.

I would suggest you check your facts before expounding pseudo-medical babble that is wildly inaccurate.

• Like 1

What's to be said? The level of information and expertise shared and the quality of discussion is darn good here. Some good anatomy lessons for sure. And to be a bit partial, I've been waiting patiently for Bettypooh to chime in. So I think this is working -- people are learning. How about that?

This whole self-generated incontinence / bed-wetting may be a very important goal to some of us. But it's never worth doing anything dangerous.

I persist because I love being able to ignore the need to use the bathroom for urinary purposes. I won't go in pubic restrooms -- simply cannot stand them -- and anyway I can stand in front of a urinal for what seems like forever and nothing happens. I walk out, and have to go at once.

I'm not going to put up with that. So I've solved all those problems in one fell swoop by always wearing disposable diapers when out. The longer I'll be out, the more I'll "stuff" it to minimize changes, since those might imply another trip into a restroom. A dreadful thought if there ever were one -- at least for me. I have a spare camera bag that I use for diaper supplies when out. It says "Canon" on it, so it doesn't scream "diaper bag" if I were to need to take it in somewhere and change in a restroom. And who would leave their camera laying around unattended? So it should draw no attention nor betray that there is no photo gear in it, but just diapering supplies Rarely use it, and then only in the car. But it's there just in case.

I do continue to look for ways to speed this process up, provided they are behavioral and safe. Hence my working with the coach to see what happens. It has been a very interesting experience. And there is some good thinking there. It typically does not take a year to train a bedwetter to become dry. Specific things can be tried. Therefore, by reversing that process, starting to wet the bed at least on an occasion should be able to be done in a few months or less. Perhaps not causing every night wetting, but enough so that one never knows if one is going to sleep wet or not. That's enough progress to encourage me to persist. Others will approach this differently.

Anyway, all this excitement has caused me to log in and buy another case of Abena Premiums.

Bob

• Like 2

I will go with "Your Wet Friend" that we have had a nice array of info to work with. And just like all info in the world it is up to each of us to learn from it, take want we need, and then go from there. I for have seen more than enough info concerning it is mind over matter (brain) when it comes to untraining yourself so that you can use your diaper in utter freedom as it was when you were little. To me that is the safest and the best way to go and I look forward with a new outlook on what I wish to accomplish:03_EmoticonsHDcom:

• Like 1

Here's an interesting and encouraging link. It is a plan from the University of Washington on increasing bladder capacity to help reduce urinary incontinence. Note especially that it says that some "improvement" should be seen in two to three months.

So, what happens if you run part of it backwards?

It's not the same as what my Start Bedwetting coach is having me do as he customizes things based on how I'm progressing. Yet, there are some similarities. Not the least of which is taking a program that works for stopping bedwetting or incontinence, and running it in reverse.

But then this link is about urinary incontinence in general, not just bedwetting.

http://www.uwmedicine.org/services/gynecology/documents/Patient Ed Handouts/Bladder-Retraining-New.pdf

4 hours ago, Your Wet Friend said:

Here's an interesting and encouraging link. It is a plan from the University of Washington on increasing bladder capacity to help reduce urinary incontinence. Note especially that it says that some "improvement" should be seen in two to three months.

So, what happens if you run part of it backwards?

It's not the same as what my Start Bedwetting coach is having me do as he customizes things based on how I'm progressing. Yet, there are some similarities. Not the least of which is taking a program that works for stopping bedwetting or incontinence, and running it in reverse.

But then this link is about urinary incontinence in general, not just bedwetting.

http://www.uwmedicine.org/services/gynecology/documents/Patient Ed Handouts/Bladder-Retraining-New.pdf

Your Wet Friend,

nice of the University of Washington School of Medicine (uwmedicine.ord) to identify the removal of bladder irritants as a way to expand ones bladder. Yes, from a medical perspective, in a clinically clean environment, over a period of maybe 1-2 years, ones bladder may increase in size, but most of what the document states is hardly useful. It is similar to stating that lifting a cup of tea on a daily basis will eventually make you a Mr/s Universe . As a result, the reverse is true... not lifting anything will eventually make you inable to do so, but who will be around long enough for that to happen.

DiaperHappiness, Your Wet Friend,

many thanks for the compliments :-)

Agapoulo,

you seem to favour 'Nitewets' theory on bladder loss design and it being safe!!!

Please identify how this will occur considering the medical fact that exercise ( physical activity that is planned, structured, and repetitive for the purpose of conditioning any part of the body, used to improve health, maintain fitness and is important as a means of physical rehabilitation) will strengthen a muscle / group of muscles, not weaken same. Also, diaper dependence is the reliance on a garment to contain leakage due to being unable to reach a bathroom or relevant facilities within the time allocated by ones 'early warning' system. This section of the forum is for people who freely wish to be incontinent - it is identified in its title 'Incontinent Desires'.

As a result, I will attempt to assist those who wish to become incontinent in as safe a method that I know.

Secondly, as I have already identified, without adding all the medical detail, if one choses to supress the pain of a full bladder, one will supress that group of nerves.  Following Nitewets suggestion to release only a small amount, one overly strengthens ones sphincter.  Autonomic voiding (as a release from the pain etc.), as you suggested will NOT take place with an overly strengthened sphincter as smooth muscle can hold a state. Also, there will be NO pain - the nerve group is suppressed. The ureterovesical junction is a oblique angulation (bent pipe) through the detrusor within the urethra joint to the bladder to avoid reflux. In reality, this is a bent pipe, that will straighten with too much pressure. This will tear the soft tissue around the urethra. With the internal pressure in the bladder and the urethra feeding the bladder will cause a lateral tear across the trigone, and a transverse tear within one or both urethra. One would suspect that one would feel this happening - but due to Nitewets suggestion of supressing the pain of a full bladder, all the nerves in this area are effectively numbed. The back pressure on then kidney tends to damage the calyx on each kidney resulting in failure and urine directly entering the blood supply.

Agapoulo, you identified urine as not being caustic to the body. In some forms - consumption of ones own urine - it is not, and you are correct. However, directly entered into the blood supply, can result in numerous complications, the least of them is clots forming in the blood. Urine also can very quickly gather within the body cavity. Can I ask you what is a tension pneumothorax - it is where fluid builds up to such an extent within the body cavity, when one tries to moves the diaphragm to breath in, there is not enough space, and one can suffocates? This is also a major cause of death from an accident - suffocation due to internal bleeding.

Considering the above, which is NOT my opinion, but based on medical facts, where do YOU think the risk are :-

Option 1 - Wearing diapers and fully relaxing     OR Option 2 - Following what Nitewets suggest and over extend ones bladder?

People,

please be aware that the internet is full of medical publications that are not good enough to be published in a reputable medical journal. Some are being wrote by first year medical students and, although beign true, need to be taken with a pinch of salt. Yes, given enough time and a perfect environment, what they state will occur, but the time- frame is in the region of 10-50 years. This is also true of a lot of what is on the internet.

Also, since this site allows a certain anonymity, it seems that some members abuse that privlidge. To quote the Minions The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having any brains, gives hope  to some people. Please don't become a jellyfish. Think before you act and you will have the time to enjoy your life. Rush into it, and it will kill you.

• Like 1
On 2/24/2018 at 8:06 AM, babykeiff said:

Agapoulo, you identified urine as not being caustic to the body. In some forms - consumption of ones own urine - it is not, and you are correct. However, directly entered into the blood supply, can result in numerous complications, the least of them is clots forming in the blood. Urine also can very quickly gather within the body cavity. Can I ask you what is a tension pneumothorax - it is where fluid builds up to such an extent within the body cavity, when one tries to moves the diaphragm to breath in, there is not enough space, and one can suffocates? This is also a major cause of death from an accident - suffocation due to internal bleeding.

Considering the above, which is NOT my opinion, but based on medical facts, where do YOU think the risk are :-

Option 1 - Wearing diapers and fully relaxing     OR Option 2 - Following what Nitewets suggest and over extend ones bladder?

BabyKeiff, I believe you are well intentioned but misinformed. I have treated folks with pneumothorax, and it's really not as you seem to understand. In the type of pneumothorax that will kill you fast (tension pneumothorax), air gets in the chest cavity via a wound and gets trapped between the inner chest wall and the lung itself, thus preventing full lung inflation. Each breath makes it worse, and you die unless treated quickly. If fluid got in the chest and prevented breathing that would normally be blood, known as haemothorax, not urine. If you die from internal bleeding it usually is from the hypovolemic shock, not suffocation.

I won't comment the medical science (or lack of - actually) in your posts further beyond also stating that if you mix up ureters and urethra it's a bad start when trying to instruct people about bladder (dys)function.

BTW people who chronically can't drain their bladders and keep high intravesical pressures (such as some paraplegics with neurogenic bladder) will end up with many issues, thus the importance of regular self-cathing, stents, or other procedure. It's not a good idea to mess with your body too much.

AFAIK the only way to speed up the process is mental. Anything you can do to reinforce your desires and to remove impediments to them will help. Hypnosis, meditation. and attitude can help. See everything about this as positive and they way things should be for you B) Do not accept anyone else's negative thoughts on this- you are not them and they may be different ;) Don't worry about how long this may take- just determine that you will do it as best you can and in time you'll reach your goals successfully :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

1 hour ago, Bettypooh said:

AFAIK the only way to speed up the process is mental. Anything you can do to reinforce your desires and to remove impediments to them will help. Hypnosis, meditation. and attitude can help. See everything about this as positive and they way things should be for you B) Do not accept anyone else's negative thoughts on this- you are not them and they may be different ;) Don't worry about how long this may take- just determine that you will do it as best you can and in time you'll reach your goals successfully :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

Very well put, to say the least. While there are many ways to achieve one's goal, especially in the unpotty training part, I must agree that the mind is the issue and that is where I need to go to work on. Simple steps as they say, but the big start is learning to tell yourself to relax as completely as possible the moment you feel the urge. And as you either wet or mess, or both, is to stay relaxed and enjoy the moment while resisting the trained urge to stop, slow, squeeze, push etc etc......lol:03_EmoticonsHDcom: