LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My experience with stents

Considering his complications (and the ongoing ones of the other contributors who've had the procedure), I wonder if the stent is a safer option.  But then there's the issue of trauma/infection/etc from the stent potentially causing issues long term. Also who knows that chemics from the plastic are being absorbed by your body, particularly close to your reproductive organs. That could be a risk for fertility, cancer etc if you continue this for years. So who's to say what's the least harm approach. Probably the 24/7 acquired oab/diaper training route if it can work for you. But I fantasize about trying a stent or even following Reddy's path. But I think I need to force myself to use a stent for 6 months or something before taking such a measure. I have done 24/7 long term but having no control really is another level of difficulty. 

I've been using a modified foley catheter for sometime and have one in place just now. Easy to insert and remove and probably safe chemically. 

On 2/21/2024 at 6:26 PM, cathdiap said:

Highly motivated by Reddy's story

Im no doctor, just a smartish guy with a ghoulish interest in the subject. Sphincterotomy and bladder neck resection is a major operation. So many people that try it, end up with strictures, and get the opposite of what they wanted. Then have to go through multiple procedures just to keep peeing. Plus it comes with the dangers of severe bleeding and infection. We like to think of the sphincters as little rubber bands of muscle that can be easily cut, but as stent makers we know better - we know they are wide bands of muscle deeply integrated into the surrounding structures. Stopping these from working isn't easy. The surgeon has to really cut deeply.

Stick with your stents. Your likely to get a much better result than letting the surgeons take their lasers to your insides.

@rooi think you're right. The body really doesnt want you to be incontinent. That's probably why these strictures are such a common side effect / complication. I really don't want to deal with that. So maybe I'll just have to stick to using stents. But after reading Reddy's motivation for his surgery the thought of still being able to decide when to stop my stent play made it far less exciting.

Good evening. 

I made my third stent.  I think this is the best performance ever. 

Unlike before, I shortened the inside of the pipe from 2cm to 1cm in order to widen the cavity in the center. 

It was easier to get in and less painful than before.  It's very comfortable,

but when it's inserted into the bladder, it's a little long, so it sticks out a little behind the testicles,

and it starts to feel uncomfortable after a while.  I'm thinking of making it a little shorter than 10cm (about 4 inches).

20240223_040259.jpg

20240223_040304.jpg

2 minutes ago, Diapered Dave said:

What's in the bottom picture?? It looks scary!! You don't want to puncture your bladder...

It is a metal pipe placed inside a tube.  By inserting this, it fits into the bladder and urethra relatively well.

25 minutes ago, ReggieRolf said:

It is a metal pipe placed inside a tube.  By inserting this, it fits into the bladder and urethra relatively well.

Ok, so you're not trying to  insert that whole piece (Bottom picture..) into yourself, right?

8 hours ago, ReggieRolf said:

Good evening. 

I made my third stent.  I think this is the best performance ever. 

Unlike before, I shortened the inside of the pipe from 2cm to 1cm in order to widen the cavity in the center. 

It was easier to get in and less painful than before.  It's very comfortable,

but when it's inserted into the bladder, it's a little long, so it sticks out a little behind the testicles,

and it starts to feel uncomfortable after a while.  I'm thinking of making it a little shorter than 10cm (about 4 inches).

20240223_040259.jpg

20240223_040304.jpg

Those look really big! I know it's hard to tell size in pictures like this, 10cm is kind of small, at least for me. (would you verify the length for me?) I know everyone is different.

I just recreated mine today and it measured 14cm total in length. Here is a picture of the one I had before that I wore almost 95% of the time for 6 months. Only difference is that both ends are angled about the same angle as my previous, but I made the length to the bend shorter. 

image.thumb.png.4bff445a5caa8e26086cdd54a55a132a.png

• Like 1
5 hours ago, zraihusky said:

Those look really big! I know it's hard to tell size in pictures like this, 10cm is kind of small, at least for me. (would you verify the length for me?) I know everyone is different.

I just recreated mine today and it measured 14cm total in length. Here is a picture of the one I had before that I wore almost 95% of the time for 6 months. Only difference is that both ends are angled about the same angle as my previous, but I made the length to the bend shorter. 

image.thumb.png.4bff445a5caa8e26086cdd54a55a132a.png

This looks like a solid design. I think I recall you talking about the process before so don't mind me asking but:

1) How do you fit those balls past the meatus? Have you had a meatotomy?

2) What is the diameter of the balls, just so we can understand the french-sized equivalent?

3) Did you use PVC for the tubing molded directly vs using Teflon inner tubing? What material are the balls? Are they squishy?

4) How are the balls securely fastened with no risk of popping off? With an uncut meatus, I would imagine that's next to impossible to pass, am I wrong?

It looks like a great design if able to be inserted. Shortening the bottom bend a couple of centimeters was probably a smart thing on your new update. That thing looks 100% migration-proof so kudos!

On 2/23/2024 at 3:02 AM, boyhood said:

Have you had a meatotomy?

Today I learned a new word. I figured people who were really into the catheters would eventually stretch their meatus, but I haven't personally found that to be the case, despite being a long time cath user. The meatus, in my opinion, is what holds me back from larger stent designs. If anyone has any good tips on stretching the meatus please let me know. Besides the meatotomy of course.

On 2/23/2024 at 3:02 AM, boyhood said:

This looks like a solid design. I think I recall you talking about the process before so don't mind me asking but:

1) How do you fit those balls past the meatus? Have you had a meatotomy?

2) What is the diameter of the balls, just so we can understand the french-sized equivalent?

3) Did you use PVC for the tubing molded directly vs using Teflon inner tubing? What material are the balls? Are they squishy?

4) How are the balls securely fastened with no risk of popping off? With an uncut meatus, I would imagine that's next to impossible to pass, am I wrong?

It looks like a great design if able to be inserted. Shortening the bottom bend a couple of centimeters was probably a smart thing on your new update. That thing looks 100% migration-proof so kudos!

Good afternoon!

Here is a full explanation on my design.

https://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?/topic/51022-my-experience-with-stents/&do=findComment&comment=2036559

The size of the balls go through my meatus without issue.

The one I currently have in is slightly longer so I could get a good bend for the bladder. It is currently 14.5cm. it looks a lot like the link I provided. 

If this doesn't answer your questions, please let me know! I love this design.. less parts, less places for bacteria, no metal, and I love it! 

I should mention since I learned recently, you should heat the tube very well... Not too much to burn or make it loose structure, but the heat is what helps it keep it's shape after you put it in the ice water. 

On 2/22/2024 at 10:22 AM, superabsorbantpolymer said:

Have you shared the design? Pics?

A modified foley catheter is simply one with a hole in the tube and the end is blocked so that urine flows out via the urethra. This is a Fr14 with a hole cut just over 10cm (4in) from the inner tip. Care must be taken not to cut the inflation line. This catheter has been used many times, explaining the stretched balloon. Before use it is soaked in an alcohol solution then rinsed with previously boiled water. The hole was cut with a sharp blade, wrapping the tube around a finger. I used a butane gas flame to smooth off the edges of the cut. (Don't know if that worked but there is no irritation.) I have had my prostate and inner sphincter removed so my urethra is shortened. A regular guy would need to place the hole a little further along, say at 13cm or about 5in from the inner tip. A silicone catheter would be easier to cut.    

IMG_5125[1].JPG

21 hours ago, Hannah YMS said:

Today I learned a new word. I figured people who were really into the catheters would eventually stretch their meatus, but I haven't personally found that to be the case, despite being a long time cath user. The meatus, in my opinion, is what holds me back from larger stent designs. If anyone has any good tips on stretching the meatus please let me know. Besides the meatotomy of course.

About 26 years ago I had a "Prince Albert" piercing. Initially the piercing was very small; 1.6mm. At that time the thickest sound that would pass the meatus was quarter inch; 6.35mm. Gradually I stretched the piercing eventually to 8mm. During this time I noticed the meatus was also stretching, just by wearing a ring in the piercing. I suspect most of the stretching occurred wearing the smaller gauge rings. I can now accommodate a 11mm sound and just now am wearing a 10mm diameter Princes Wand.   

7 hours ago, cathdiap said:

Inner diameter 4 mm, outer diameter 6 mm.

Cathdiap, I know it is written somewhere, but what type of tubing is used for the outer tube?

3 hours ago, Old_PA said:

Cathdiap, I know it is written somewhere, but what type of tubing is used for the outer tube?

large.1168272831_Makingastent1.jpg.b4f7c0d381f8b9df7fe2663d2ca1ca3b.jpg

This pic is from my album "How I make my stent" and contains all the relevant information regarding my stent.

• Like 1

Okay, so tonight I pulled the stent out. Not because it hurt, not because it stopped working. No, I could have gone on for many more weeks if I wanted to. But the thing is, I just didn't want it anymore, that's the only reason. At some point I get tired of leaking all the time, when I am in bed. Peeing with every movement, every cough, fart or deep breath I take. And on top of that, there's my penis that seems to really like the feeling of constant urination, making it want to get hard, which is painful in a diaper. Getting good, deep sleep is the biggest challenge I face with total incontinence. Some nights it works fine, but last night was the straw that broke the camel's back.

So I took the stent out and slept like a baby the rest of the night. But after waking up I decided to put the stent back in, so I am comfortably leaking again while I write this message. I guess I prefer daytime incontinence. 

• Like 6

Cathdiap, good to see its not just me with the same issues you have noted. For the most part I use my stent for a day or so. I love the loss of control but only for a while.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, cathdiap said:

Okay, so tonight I pulled the stent out. Not because it hurt, not because it stopped working. No, I could have gone on for many more weeks if I wanted to. But the thing is, I just didn't want it anymore, that's the only reason. At some point I get tired of leaking all the time, when I am in bed. Peeing with every movement, every cough, fart or deep breath I take. And on top of that, there's my penis that seems to really like the feeling of constant urination, making it want to get hard, which is painful in a diaper. Getting good, deep sleep is the biggest challenge I face with total incontinence. Some nights it works fine, but last night was the straw that broke the camel's back.

So I took the stent out and slept like a baby the rest of the night. But after waking up I decided to put the stent back in, so I am comfortably leaking again while I write this message. I guess I prefer daytime incontinence. 

That's interesting that you feel that way, I have yet to try a stent but one thing I like about catheters is that my bladder empties as I sleep and I don't wake with am urge. I sleep better. Is it that your diaper is leaking and you are not sleeping well because your bed is wet? Or purely the urethral sensation?

On 2/28/2024 at 6:05 PM, cathdiap said:

This pic is from my album "How I make my stent" and contains all the relevant information regarding my stent.

Thanks for that.

10 hours ago, superabsorbantpolymer said:

That's interesting that you feel that way, I have yet to try a stent but one thing I like about catheters is that my bladder empties as I sleep and I don't wake with am urge. I sleep better.

When I sleep with a regular catheter into a bag, I sleep well. When using the 'modified' cath, holey foley, with a diaper, I often wake with the sensation of a full bladder. Can't work that one out.

On 2/29/2024 at 4:38 AM, superabsorbantpolymer said:

Or purely the urethral sensation?

Yes, it's hard to ignore. Exciting, but at the same time it wakes me up too often to get a good night's sleep. During my last three and a half week streak I was hoping that sleep would improve, but unfortunately it only seemed to get worse. To the point where I got really frustrated and just pulled the stent out.

On 2/29/2024 at 3:25 AM, Loveable_guy said:

Cathdiap, good to see its not just me with the same issues you have noted. For the most part I use my stent for a day or so. I love the loss of control but only for a while.

I wish it were different, but I can't complain. My stent is obviously working very well, but sometimes it's hard to stay calm when sleep is compromised.

By the way, I slept with the stent in last night and this time I only woke up in the middle of a wetting and was then able to fall asleep again. No morning wood, no discomfort. Wish it was always like this...

• Like 1

Maybe, just maybe I'm on to something...

Because last night it went surprisingly well again. Even better than the night before. Not once did I wake up before my usual time to get up and my diaper was completely wet in the front while still quite dry in the back. Proof that I slept on my stomach all night, which is also my normal sleeping position when I'm not incontinent. And what's more, I have no memory of peeing in my diaper at all. That has never happened before. Wow!

So what happened? Well, after my latest disappointment, I started thinking about all the differences between my daily and nightly routines to deal with the incontinence, since I always seem to stop using the stent at night. So I thought, why not continue in bed with all the things I do during the day? So for the past two nights I wore my daytime diaper (Tena Slip Maxi size Medium) and plastic pants to bed instead of the usual Better Dry. I also kept my romper on and to finish it off I put on tight-fitting underwear over it. I knew I was taking a risk with the reduced capacity of the day diaper so I reduced my fluid intake before going to bed.

And this seems to do the trick. The Tena diaper is very soft and adapts very well to the shape of the body, when compressed by tight-fitting jeans or, as I have been doing the last few nights, compressed by tight-fitting underwear. Now the diaper padding stays in contact with my private parts all the time, which dramatically reduces the sensation of peeing. This and the fact that the Tena tends to get thicker and even softer as it gets wetter, results in less exciting sensations, which in turn seems to prevent erections.

To meet the requirements for nighttime use, I will start using Tena Slip Ultima size medium with a capacity of 4000 ml.

339890660_TenaslipUltima.png.c6bbe7bded964a583a18170182e872fc.png

The BetterDry diapers I currently use are simply too stiff and too loose to keep the incontinence unnoticed.

Apparently all those commercials for even more comfortable baby diapers aren't so exaggerated after all.

I hope this continues to work so that I can remain incontinent for much longer while also being well rested. I hope that I can then better determine whether I would like permanent incontinence.

I recently had a family gathering and decided not to interrupt my incontinence and it went surprisingly well. I wore an oversized shirt over my jeans so no one could see an outline of my diaper. Having  put more effort into hiding the diaper, I felt much less ashamed  towards my family members. It's all in the head apparently. So I seem to have overcome that hurdle as well.

The only remaining objection to permanent incontinence might be the loss of my last sexual desire. But if I manage to wear the stent for a long time, say six months, then I think I'll find out if that's still the case or not.

• Like 2

I have been using a modified Foley since yesterday (3/1/2024) and I am getting my usual use out of lower tier diapers.  I can get about two hours use before I end up with press out when I sit down.  Other than the frequent changing I am very relaxed.  After my second change during last night, I switched to multi-layered cloth and was fine until I changed this morning.  The multi layered cloth diaper was plenty wet, but was not soaked and my bedding was dry.

And on that note, I am due for another change because I can feel my butt cheeks getting wet.