LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My experience with stents

On 9/8/2022 at 7:47 PM, ishkur said:

Looks like the propeller is perhaps a normally-open/fail-open; if there is some means of over pressure to allow flow, it would turn the shaft into the open position.

Or it may just be as simple as a method of assisting/expediting the opening process after it's been started by the external field.

Or maybe something more clever than I can think of right now is happening.

I haven't found anything suggesting it has any kind of 'open-on-fail' feature.  It likely doesn't need one given the way the catheter is inserted and removed.  The device is opened/closed with the application of an external magnetic field, so there's no power on the catheter itself... and it does appear to be able to be trivially opened and left opened.

About several months ago I posted about the urodev device here - 

In that same thread a similar product (a stent instead of a catheter) was mentioned.  (https://www.reliefsrl.com/)  It's also quite interesting, but certainly less convenient for most.

18 hours ago, coder_01 said:

I haven't found anything suggesting it has any kind of 'open-on-fail' feature.  It likely doesn't need one given the way the catheter is inserted and removed.  The device is opened/closed with the application of an external magnetic field, so there's no power on the catheter itself... and it does appear to be able to be trivially opened and left opened.

It's 99% clear to me now, I'm dumb.

Obviously, the threaded propeller shaft with the plunger is free-floating; Any pressure from fluid would apply a small amount of force to the back of the plunger, stopping it from rotating, keeping it closed. So when you want to open it, a small bit of rotation from the magnetic field starts to open it, and more flow = stronger rotation, that forces the shaft to spin open and keeps the shaft in the open position. Without any flow, it's only held in place by the friction of the threads and bearing surfaces, and gravity.

From this, it's probabbbbly pretty likely you can't close it while there is significant outgoing urine, once started.

And it probably works pretty well for staying closed, such a small mass I can't imagine gravity would do much in the way of rotating the shaft open.

First person here to get one needs to void, and try jumping up and down a bunch, and see if you leak at all after.

Yeah probably no fail-open mechanism...

There would almost have to be a failsafe of some sort...

However, it could be interesting to figure out how the magnetic device works and hack together something that could be stuck to the outside of the diaper or left inside it, which would intermittently open the valve without warning.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Creepymouse said:

However, it could be interesting to figure out how the magnetic device works and hack together something that could be stuck to the outside of the diaper or left inside it, which would intermittently open the valve without warning.

Wear a condom with a not too tight rubber band to keep the pee in. After a few little wets, it will blow off  .......  without warning.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Creepymouse said:

I think the failsafe is the insertion/removal too, but can't be certain.  It sounds like the mechanical connection that allows it to be anchored/removed also allows urine to bypass.

I have a question about the stent. Do you wear a stent when you sleep? I wore a stent when I slept for 2 days, but incontinence does not occur while lying down. Urinary incontinence occurs only when standing or sitting. While sleeping, the stent was held in place without moving. Is it impossible for the stent to operate while lying down?
This is a picture of the stent I use.

IMG_5999.JPG

IMG_6001.JPG

• Like 1
8 hours ago, rlaehduq9606 said:

I have a question about the stent. Do you wear a stent when you sleep? I wore a stent when I slept for 2 days, but incontinence does not occur while lying down. Urinary incontinence occurs only when standing or sitting. While sleeping, the stent was held in place without moving. Is it impossible for the stent to operate while lying down?

Same happens often here.
Sometimes the Urine flows at night and I wake up with wet diaper.
Sometimes the stents seems to get blocked and I wake up due to pressure in the bladder indicating I have to go.
When I stand up walking to the toilet the urine starts flowing and of course I'm wetting and cannot hold it due to the stent, which did not move or got displaced during the night. The stent was always in perfect position.
I could not figure out, why the stent seems to be blocked during the night.
Does someone has any idea / solution avoiding the blocked stent during night time?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Cathlover said:

I could not figure out, why the stent seems to be blocked during the night.
Does someone has any idea / solution avoiding the blocked stent during night time?

I had this problem when I was using customized catheters. I think they tend to slide too high into the bladder leaving the pee unable to reach the draining eye. My stents have bends at the top and the bottom. The top bend helps keep the stent hooked into the bladder, the bottom curve follows the curvature of the urethra below the outer sphincter and helps holding the stent in place to prevent it from sliding into the bladder. In this way the opening of the stent is always close to the bottom of the bladder allowing the urine to drain out even when I am lying in bed. Not as easy as in standing position, but easy enough to cause a serious wetting whenever the bladder slightly contracts or when I move in bed. 

To make the bends in the stent I use inner tubing made of plastic tube that you can find in most spray bottles. With a heat gun I make bends in the plastic tube in the right places. Then I slide the preformed plastic tube into a piece of silicone tubing that will become the outer layer of the stent. It took me a while to find the right measurements angles and positions of the bends. But now that I have found them it works wonders. I am truly incontinent no matter what I do and what position I am in.

Hope this helps. 

• Like 2

This is my latest stent. Ruler in metric scale.

7963C5BF-0468-4D17-8487-39D907082C05.thumb.jpeg.3fac2551fd683921841d21a8980cde68.jpeg

If you want to know how I make it, please check out my account Raelindiapers on fetlife.com (you need to subscribe). In the picture section you will find a lot of snapshots of my work in progress. I think they are self explanatory. If not please let me know.

• Like 5
On 9/19/2022 at 5:33 AM, cathdiap said:

This is my latest stent. Ruler in metric scale.

7963C5BF-0468-4D17-8487-39D907082C05.thumb.jpeg.3fac2551fd683921841d21a8980cde68.jpeg

If you want to know how I make it, please check out my account Raelindiapers on fetlife.com (you need to subscribe). In the picture section you will find a lot of snapshots of my work in progress. I think they are self explanatory. If not please let me know.

Doesn't the bends undo themselves when you boil it to clean it ? Or is just alcohol enough ?

Hmmm, I seem to be going through a shift of appreciation of my stent play. Already 9 days in and absolutely no tendencies to quit whatsoever.  In fact I am starting to feel like I want to do it for much much longer. What has changed?

Well first of, my youngest son is making serious steps towards leaving the hiuse. Meaning I will soon have the house all for myself and thus have complete freedom to go around in diapers as much as I want. No more hiding stuff and dressing appropriate to cover my diaper. No more feelings of guilt doing it in his presence. In other words more time to stay inside my bubble.

Also, I have recently shifted my diet towards almost 100% animal based and man....... it has been ages that I have been so confident and excited about so many things in my life. Like a veil has been lifted of me. So much more appreciation of all that I am and have achieved. Including my fantastic stent and diaper play. I love it and right now I feel I want to live it for as long as possible.  No more shame, no more guilt, no more second thoughts, just pure enjoyment. Let's see how this develops.

I know this is an old photo and when I took it I wrote those lines to reassure myself that I was allowed to enjoy wearing and using diapers. But now these lines mean being very thankful that my efforts have been rewarded with this perfect stent that really lets me feel what it is like to be incontinent in diapers.

1074165577_PNG-afbeelding4.thumb.png.8ee577a5b4275474df0e2705dc0f8b97.png

On 9/22/2022 at 1:02 PM, Fuzz said:

Doesn't the bends undo themselves when you boil it to clean it ? Or is just alcohol enough ?

I don't know, I neither boil my stents nor do I sterilize them with alcohol. I just rinse them with warm tap water, never gave me any problems. The whole germ infection theory is highly questionable in my opinion. Something I've learned over the past two and a half years, if you know what I mean.....

• Like 3

Perhaps I'm over kill on this but I soak my stent in 90% alcohol for fifteen minutes then allow to air dry for another fifteen minutes. When I say air dry the stent is hanging by the retrieval line, nothing touching the stent.  I do not touch the stent until I have thoroughly washed my hands and penis with an antibacterial soap then dried with paper towel.

A UTI is no fun and can quickly elevate to serious matter in a short time.

Cathdiap: in a way I envy you having the home to yourself. In the summer months I enjoy the warmth and the ability to do the same while the wife is sleeping late.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Loveable_guy said:

A UTI is no fun and can quickly elevate to serious matter in a short time.

I agree, but the only infections (I would rather call it poisonings) I had have happened when I was using medical grade catheters with desinfecting coatings. As soon as I started using my home made stents I have literally never had a UTI again. Think about it, when you are in your own home and you insert a stent any bacteria that might enter your system would already be dealt with by your immune system. Would you sterilize all your forks and spoons before you put them in your mouth? The same goes for your urethra. Your immune system works the same in both your mouth and urethra, so why take any further steps in preventing infections?

Maybe it would be different if you would insert the stent in an environment that your body hasn't been able to cope with yet, but I don't do that.

Did you ever check the ingredients that are in antibacterial soap? Please do and then wonder if you would drink that. If not why would you risk any harm to your urethra and bladder in case remains of the soap would reach their tissues.

Just my two cents....

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Loveable_guy said:

Cathdiap: in a way I envy you having the home to yourself. In the summer months I enjoy the warmth and the ability to do the same while the wife is sleeping late.

well, i am sure having a wife has its perks too. ? But I get your point, it is very enjoyable to be incontinent in diapers and have some privacy. 

13 hours ago, cathdiap said:

The whole germ infection theory is highly questionable in my opinion. Something I've learned over the past two and a half years, if you know what I mean.....

I took honors Bio almost 20 years ago, and I remember the name Antonie van Leeuwenhoek. The guy invented the concept of a microscope. You could SEE microbes fucking around EVERYWHERE. These things are on everything and everywhere. Alcohol and other things kill them. You can watch it in real time, as I did in a lab in high school.

I am questioning whether @Cathdiap is joking or honest. This is science settled and reproduceable 300 years ago. I'm so shocked by this ignorance in the face of facts that are five times his age.

7 hours ago, doogles said:

I took honors Bio almost 20 years ago, and I remember the name Antonie van Leeuwenhoek. The guy invented the concept of a microscope. You could SEE microbes fucking around EVERYWHERE. These things are on everything and everywhere. Alcohol and other things kill them. You can watch it in real time, as I did in a lab in high school.

I am questioning whether @Cathdiap is joking or honest. This is science settled and reproduceable 300 years ago. I'm so shocked by this ignorance in the face of facts that are five times his age.

I did not say that germs (ie bacteria or viruses) don't exist, they do. Otherwise your whole digestion system wouldn't work for example. What i do question is the infection theory that germs come from the outside and cause disease. There are quite a few scientists / medical doctors that claim that infection from one human to the other has never been shown or proven scientifically.

They make a point that bacteria and viruses are produced and used by the body to cope with the remnants of dying or damaged cells. The damaging of the cells is caused by poisoning, radiation or other trauma that the body has been exposed to. Viruses (exosomes/pockets of rna)) also have a signal function to other tissues. They warn cells that have not yet been damaged of the incoming danger of poisoning or radiation etc.

if you are interested search dr Thomas Cowan. He explains his belief quite well in simple terms. Here is one to start with.

• Like 1

"Conspiracy theory doctor surrenders medical license"

I'm not watching a video from a guy so insane that he got AND LOST a medical degree. He got put on probation for prescribing not medicine to a cancer patient. This guy is dangerously insane.

If you can explain how germs outside your body cannot get inside your body, I'll be stunned.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, doogles said:

I'm not watching a video from a guy so insane that he got AND LOST a medical degree. He got put on probation for prescribing not medicine to a cancer patient. This guy is dangerously insane.

I think modern medicine has only proven to be highly profitable. Pumping already sick people full with expensive unnatural fabricated chemicals that are very problematic, even for a healthy body. Did you ever look at the lists of side effects of the average drug? How did we ever come this far that we accept that to be normal? And most drugs don't cure anything, especially those for chronic illnesses. At best they surpress some of the symptoms, but most of the times you will get new other symptoms due to the drug you are taking. But no worries, they also have a pill for that. Now to me that is insane.

This doctor believes in the healing mechanisms of the body. He knows what compromises that defense mechanism and tries to treat people from that perspective with simple natural therapies and remedies. Like sunshine, good quality water, good food, earthing, heat therapy and everything else that helps the body's water to return to its fourth phase and become more energy efficient.

Such a shame that so many people like you still believe in modern medicine even though it has proven many times to do far more harm than good. Look at the US for instance. No country in the world spends so much per capita on health care, yet it is the sickest nation on earth. No, they deserve to be fully ignored by now.

• Like 2
On 9/17/2022 at 5:23 AM, rlaehduq9606 said:

This is a picture of the stent I use.

I frequently use a regular catheter connected to a night bag. It always works perfectly; never sleep as well. However when using a modified catheter as a stent, there are problems. I usually awake with a full bladder. More work needed on that.

Great!  A picture I can use.   Cathdiap posted this and this is how things would look if you are standing.

621D9778-209D-4D21-BC3D-21FDBB6972FA.jpeg.6991134ba4b23bb68b6c8fb9f78f28b6.jpeg

Now turn the picture 90 degrees clockwise as if you were lying on your back, asleep.

1370431483_cathinbladder.jpeg.cfe393c7d00b075e36e7b84b6a30383c.jpeg

Now your bladder has to get 2/3rds of the way full before the urine reaches the stent.  Even after that the bladder has to reach enough pressure to overcome the relaxed and partially closed urethrae.  Even on your stomach or side I am pretty sure the same thing applies.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fakename4me said:

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Except that the bladder in the picture is not what an empty bladder would  look like. The bladder is never filled with air The walls of an empty bladder are way closer to the tip of the stent. Also my stent has two extra holes on the top of the stent closer to the bend. That's why I will leak way before the bladder reaches 2/3 of its capacity. 

On my stomach is a different story indeed. Then there is pressure on my private parts. So the bladder has to contract before it can overcome that resistance. But it happens anyway.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, cathdiap said:

Except that the bladder in the picture is not what an empty bladder would  look like. The bladder is never filled with air The walls of an empty bladder are way closer to the tip of the stent. Also my stent has two extra holes on the top of the stent closer to the bend. That's why I will leak way before the bladder reaches 2/3 of its capacity. 

On my stomach is a different story indeed. Then there is pressure on my private parts. So the bladder has to contract before it can overcome that resistance. But it happens anyway.

It happens anyway? This means you have involuntary contractions, i.e. an overactive bladder. With the same design or any design deemed perfect (that fits in place without migrating), I don't think it's fair to assume that anyone here can expect to wet the bed on their backs.

I'm on I believe my 23rd stent design, and most of my latest do bridge both sphinchers without budging. Like seemingly all in here (except a couple experience), I will attest that everything works perfectly until I lay down. Back / side / stomach doesn't matter, the shift in gravity blocks the automatic flow of urine.

In a fluid dynamic sense, it's actually not tough to understand why this is. There needs to be pressure from the inside (or suction from the outside) to accommodate this flow as gravity is no longer in your favor. Like siphoning liquid, it is the same exact principle.

So sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but without bladder contractions at night, you aren't going to accomplish bedwetting with a stent.

To be completely honest, this is the #1 reason I've been turned off by stenting. I've found it's actually much harder to urinate in bed with a stent than without.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, boyhood said:

It happens anyway? This means you have involuntary contractions, i.e. an overactive bladder. With the same design or any design deemed perfect (that fits in place without migrating), I don't think it's fair to assume that anyone here can expect to wet the bed on their backs.

A few years back I have already posted a message that my results apparently are not feasible for everyone, even though I cannot fathom why that is so.  I believe all of you saying you have tried very hard but still did not succeed. I have done my best explaining what I did to get the result that I am more than happy with. I am sorry for your disappointment. Maybe you could try unpotty training?

From what I've learned, an overactive bladder is very painful, which is not the case with me. Just like in a normal situation, my bladder starts contracting when it has reached a certain degree of filling. First very mildly later on more powerfull. With a stent in  and lying on my back a mild contraction will be enough to leak. When lying on my stomach there is pressure on my private parts which requires a stronger contraction of the bladder. Depending on how fast I am asleep I will wake up before I start wetting, but most of the times I am waking up during the wetting. 

Of course I would also prefer to wake up in a completely soaked diaper and not know what happened, but that is not the case with my stent. My wettings in bed remain small and unnoticed for me when they occur during movements. They are noticeable when the bladder starts contracting, but those are not at all painful of otherwise annoying. It feels completely the same as peeing without a stent. 

So sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but without bladder contractions at night, you aren't going to accomplish bedwetting with a stent.

But doesn't a bedwetter have a bladder contraction either? The unique thing about bedwetting is that the bedwetter is so fast asleep that he or she doesn't notice the contraction of the bladder. I don't think you can blame the stent for letting you feel the contraction. 

Back / side / stomach doesn't matter, the shift in gravity blocks the automatic flow of urine.

In a fluid dynamic sense, it's actually not tough to understand why this is. There needs to be pressure from the inside (or suction from the outside) to accommodate this flow as gravity is no longer in your favor. Like siphoning liquid, it is the same exact principle.

This doesn't make sense if you say you can pee in bed easily without a stent. So clearly the main driver of peeing in lying position is still bladder pressure. The only difference is that in lying position there is no longer the weight of the organs above the bladder pushing on it. So when lying down the bladder will have to work on its own contraction pressure to force the pee out. 

But I agree that your stent blocks the flow of pee from the bladder. I've given all the advice that came to mind in previous posts. I can't think of any other solutions. Sorry.