LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My experience with stents

So this may be a super silly question but, as someone that has been using caths for a little bit, I noticed the stents are much shorter.  How do you insert them far enough to get where they need?  The stents that have the hard curves, how do you insert those?  

On 7/29/2021 at 1:36 AM, sebt said:

do you know that? I don't remember if it had been mentioned before. very interesting. do you know if we can order it?

https://www.urodevmedical.com/intelliflow-system

Once those get on the market there are many options for fun. Especially if there is a  phone app someone can crack to make it open and close randomly or based on accelerometer readings.

• Like 1

Update after a few years of near 24/7 use.

It's been a long while.  I don't really visit DD much anymore for reasons.  Nonetheless I thought it might be a good idea to give a long term update on using a stent 24/7 around 98% of the year for more than three years now.  To sum it up, I love it!  It's everything I wanted from catheter use, without the UTI's.  

I've made one major change.  For the bends I've moved from plastic tubing to 4mm (OD) titanium tubbing (bought from Amazon at first and later from a medical supply).  I use a plumbers bending tube to work on different angles and a drill and Dremel to make holes for the retrieval loop (that way if one side comes undone or breaks the other side will still work).  The loop attaches to a piece of body jewelry in place through my PA piercing.

The biggest challenge with the move to TI tubbing is everything needs to get bigger.  Now I use a 22fr silicone catheter and at the fold-over it's around 9mm wide with the tubing in place.  This is not easy to get in, but possible with a bit of stretching with sounds.

I'm very happy with my stent use.  Not having control of my bladder has been amazing.  At first it was a bit of work adjusting to wetting 24/7, but now it's second nature.  It feels stranger having control than not now.  

I have kept a journey of my adventures and trials on tumblr (I know) as ind247.  I check there often, here rarely.

Lastly, I've no safety incidents to report over the last few years.  No broken lines, lost stents into the bladder, or UTIs.  So far it's been very reliable and within my tolerance for risks.  That does not mean a stent is without risks, there are plenty and experience with catheters is required in my opinion.

I've attached a couple of examples in photos.  I'm still playing around with different bends and lengths.  It never ends.

ind_ti_stent.jpg

ind_ti_stent_2.jpg

On 5/18/2021 at 12:35 PM, doogles said:

I think it was mentioned much earlier in this thread, but I'm having trouble getting info on how y'all fold/roll/bend(?) the ends of the tube to minimize trauma to the urethra upon insertion. I can't even google up a tutorial on this, as most results are "throw an end cap on it!"

Is there a roll pin or some such technique everyone uses?

Bonus:

My experience has informed me that I want to absolutely zero out the possibility of ingress of a stent or any part of a stent. Putting an end cap on the internal (bladder) end of the stent means that it could come off and get lost if separated from the stent.

Recently, the only thing that saved me from a trip to the ER was that I used heat shrink tubing on the distal end of my cath. This prevented it from getting past the external sphincter because of the increased diameter and inflexibility. From now on, I am always going to have the distal end a greater diameter than the internal tubing for two reasons:

• prevention of migration (increased diameter and inflexibility around the first bend)
  • minimal effort for smoothing the end of the tube

This question comes  up all the time on tumblr too so I made a video.  I find a very small amount of sterile lube inside the tube can help.  Warm up the silicone by hand or stretching it works too.  

See my video at : https://ind247.tumblr.com/post/622284547442245632/the-most-frequently-asked-question-how-do-you  for example of how I fold over my silicone catheter tubing.

• Like 5
On 8/15/2021 at 11:02 PM, messyman said:

Once those get on the market there are many options for fun. Especially if there is a  phone app someone can crack to make it open and close randomly or based on accelerometer readings.

This is incredible...anyone actually tried this?  What would be the down side of not sealing the valve....just leaving it open?  Would the risk of UTIs be more or less than a catheter....or the kinds of stents listed in this message?

Or, finding a random way of activating the device without the bulky control unit would be interesting.

On 8/14/2021 at 1:42 AM, Oda Wolf said:

So this may be a super silly question but, as someone that has been using caths for a little bit, I noticed the stents are much shorter.  How do you insert them far enough to get where they need?  The stents that have the hard curves, how do you insert those?  

You use a "pusher". Typically just another catheter.

On 8/15/2021 at 11:02 PM, messyman said:

Not really possible. It opens and closes via magnetism. The "wireless" controller device has to physically be held up against your skin (or close to it).

2 hours ago, stork said:

You use a "pusher". Typically just another catheter.

Not really possible. It opens and closes via magnetism. The "wireless" controller device has to physically be held up against your skin (or close to it).

I am imagining electromagnets

14 hours ago, InD said:

Update after a few years of near 24/7 use.

It's been a long while.  I don't really visit DD much anymore for reasons.  Nonetheless I thought it might be a good idea to give a long term update on using a stent 24/7 around 98% of the year for more than three years now.  To sum it up, I love it!  It's everything I wanted from catheter use, without the UTI's.  

I've made one major change.  For the bends I've moved from plastic tubing to 4mm (OD) titanium tubbing (bought from Amazon at first and later from a medical supply).  I use a plumbers bending tube to work on different angles and a drill and Dremel to make holes for the retrieval loop (that way if one side comes undone or breaks the other side will still work).  The loop attaches to a piece of body jewelry in place through my PA piercing.

The biggest challenge with the move to TI tubbing is everything needs to get bigger.  Now I use a 22fr silicone catheter and at the fold-over it's around 9mm wide with the tubing in place.  This is not easy to get in, but possible with a bit of stretching with sounds.

I'm very happy with my stent use.  Not having control of my bladder has been amazing.  At first it was a bit of work adjusting to wetting 24/7, but now it's second nature.  It feels stranger having control than not now.  

I have kept a journey of my adventures and trials on tumblr (I know) as ind247.  I check there often, here rarely.

Lastly, I've no safety incidents to report over the last few years.  No broken lines, lost stents into the bladder, or UTIs.  So far it's been very reliable and within my tolerance for risks.  That does not mean a stent is without risks, there are plenty and experience with catheters is required in my opinion.

I've attached a couple of examples in photos.  I'm still playing around with different bends and lengths.  It never ends.

ind_ti_stent.jpg

ind_ti_stent_2.jpg

This question comes  up all the time on tumblr too so I made a video.  I find a very small amount of sterile lube inside the tube can help.  Warm up the silicone by hand or stretching it works too.  

See my video at : https://ind247.tumblr.com/post/622284547442245632/the-most-frequently-asked-question-how-do-you  for example of how I fold over my silicone catheter tubing.

Are the tubes you have inserted semi flexible?  If not, how can you insert it into the urethra?

14 hours ago, sandiaper said:

Are the tubes you have inserted semi flexible?  If not, how can you insert it into the urethra?

Nope, they are metal and have no flexibility, just as the plastic tubes really don't flex.  It looks like it shouldn't work, right?  But really it is not a problem.  The biggest size obstacle is the entrance to the urethra. The penis shaft and piping is pretty flexible and accommodating.   Once you get past the entrance the stent goes in without an issue.  The silicone catheter between the bends is of course flexible, so that helps.

On 8/14/2021 at 1:42 AM, Oda Wolf said:

I use a urethra sound.  I bought a sounding kit years ago and it has come in handy many a time.  Sounds are great for sketching to accommodate larger catheters or stents too.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The other day I managed to break the balloon in my much used and much loved 'holey foley'. I was squatting in the garden when there was a 'twang'. I didn't know what it was but obviously something had happened. Into the bathroom, had a look. Things seemed to be dripping normally so left it. Later it became uncomfortable to bend so decided to remove it. A little anxious when the syringe would not draw any water. Fortunately the 'foley' slipped out without any trouble; the burst balloon being all too obvious. I guess the rubber in the balloon perishes like condoms when used over and over. Fortunately I had a spare which is now sitting comfortably in place.

14 hours ago, Old_PA said:

The other day I managed to break the balloon in my much used and much loved 'holey foley'. I was squatting in the garden when there was a 'twang'. I didn't know what it was but obviously something had happened. Into the bathroom, had a look. Things seemed to be dripping normally so left it. Later it became uncomfortable to bend so decided to remove it. A little anxious when the syringe would not draw any water. Fortunately the 'foley' slipped out without any trouble; the burst balloon being all too obvious. I guess the rubber in the balloon perishes like condoms when used over and over. Fortunately I had a spare which is now sitting comfortably in place.

Did you use 100% sterile water when inflating the Foley balloon?  If not you might have just put unclean water into your bladder.

Not trying to scare you, just be on the look out for UTI signs such as sore back or sides, pain in the bladder or while urinating or a fever.

Also make sure all pieces of the balloon are out of the bladder.  If they aren't  you might have to get scoped or risk complications.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, InD said:

Did you use 100% sterile water when inflating the Foley balloon?  If not you might have just put unclean water into your bladder.

I had been compromising by using water from the hot water tap which had been held at about 70C for quite a while. Now I keep a small stock of recently boiled water for the syringe.   In addition I take "hiprex" tablets which help to reduce urinary tract bacteria and, there is an unfilled prescription for "Trimethorprim" anti biotic in the drawer as insurance. The incident was several days ago now. No symptoms, so I think I got away with it.  

• 3 weeks later...

General question for this thread, does anyone know if there are long term side effects for using urinary stents? I don’t mean leaving it in for extended periods of time. Does the insertion of the stent into the bladder damage the prostate in some way?

I have been using stents and catheters for almost 35 years now and as far as I know my prostate is still (working) fine. Needless to say the urethra and prostate are delicate tissues so I have always been very careful.

• Thanks 1

hey iv been following this thread for a while and i really want to try catheters and later stents but im having trouble finding where i can buy a catheters every where i look i seem to find ones that are either absurdly expensive or dirt cheap and i dont know which i should buy? could somebody please help me ? maybe suggest a website or shear a link? thank you in advance

This online shop in Germany has worldwide delivery. They are the cheapest I know off for diapers. Maybe the same goes for catheters. All their catheters are for medical use so they are made of safe and sterile material. 

https://www.saveexpress.de/de/inkontinenz-ableitend/katheter

Hope this is helpful in your pursuit of wetness.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Found myself in bed the other morning with a regular catheter connected to a night bag. Was just about to get up and there was a earthquake. The house shook for a few seconds but I certainly didn't feel like running outside like that.  Wrong priorities? 

I am glad you were able to write this message, so I think you have done the right thing. ?
But for the next time, make sure you are diapered. Makes running out of the house a lot easier…?

I have never experienced an earthquake. Is it a regular phenomena where you live? 

Well my track record isn’t as impressive as Cathdiap as it comes to catheter and stent usage that is for sure, but I think it can be done safely. Over the 15 years I’ve been into catheter and stent play I never had any issues like UTI`s or something like that. To me it is plain and simple, it is of the upmost importance to work hygienically and work with caution, do not rush take it easy and one should be okay.

• Like 1

@dlnoirBut I think the total amount of days that you have been wearing stents and diapers easily exceeds mine given the fact that you have been wearing them almost full time whereas I am only wearing for about 40 percent of the time.

On 9/26/2021 at 12:49 AM, cathdiap said:

I am glad you were able to write this message, so I think you have done the right thing. ?
But for the next time, make sure you are diapered. Makes running out of the house a lot easier…?

I have never experienced an earthquake. Is it a regular phenomena where you live? 

I live in Australia. The third I have experienced in 77 years. It was just a bit of a shake. The scary part is not knowing if it is about to get a whole lot worse. 

@cathdiap

I have never had any experiences with stents, but I have had plenty of experiences with catheters. Most notably, the last time I had major surgery to remove my appendix. The one thing I noticed about the stupid catheters was: that you end up with a huge problem if the thing is in too long. It also has an effect on your ability to release urine. When they did my surgery they put in two small catheters in my penis, and that is how I was able to release urine during the time that I was recovering from my surgery. When it was time for it to be released, I asked the nurse if I could pull it out myself, because I didn’t want the nurses to have to worry about that, and it was itching and burning so bad that I needed to get it out of there. So I pulled it out slowly and I tell you: I never wanna see that happen again, because it itched and burns so bad for a week and a half after it was removed!  I don’t mind catheters if necessary, but if I had to deal with incontinence because I had no control, I’d rather have a diaper on and have to change it rather than deal with a catheter. You can get an infection quite easily if you do not take care of your catheter and clean it out and sterilize it properly. Most people nowadays have disposable catheters so they don’t have to be sterilized like in the old days.

Take Care!  
Brian

Sorry you had that experience with catheters. I've been messing with them on and off for 16 years. The urinary tract very looses it sensitivity to catheters. I can slip one in and out without thought. Mostly I use a 'holy foley' into pull ups when in the mood.

• 2 weeks later...

Another update on my experience with stents, although a little more diaper related this time 

Over the last months I have noticed that I don’t wake up as easily as before when my diaper is soaked. I have written before that using a stent in lying position the continuous dripping turns into less frequent but larger wettings at a time. This of course increases the risk of leaking outside the diaper and into the sheets, even when wearing plastic pants like I always do. But off late I have had an increase in incidents that I woke up between wet sheets. Apparently I'm getting so used to peeing while sleeping now that I no longer wake up to the feeling of a soggy diaper.

That's why I ordered other diapers than Tena briefs maxi medium for the first time since God knows how long. I am pleased to announce that from now on my new night diapers will be Seni Quattro size 2. ?  Seriously, they are very good.

First of all they can hold up to 4400 ml whereas the Tena slip Super can only hold 3300 ml. But even more important, they have way more padding at the front as it is wider and also higher on the belly. Being a belly sleeper the pee tends to flow to the front of the diaper and that’s where the Tenas lacked sufficient padding to keep the wetness inside. Well, that problem is solved now.

Another advantage of the Seni Quattro diaper is the amount of room they leave for my private parts. Very comfortable and also very convenient in case of the annoying morning wood. In fact I am even considering the Seni Trio size 2 for daytime use now. Next time I will order a bag of those to try them out. 

I am not sure whether or not these diapers are available in the US, but in case they are, I think they are worth giving them a shot.

• Like 7

I've been using the Seni Quattros, they're a fantastic budget diaper over here in Europe (less than 1 Euro each)! Very comfortable, high absorbency, roomy butt, highly recommended especially if paired with plastic pants (otherwise, you'll notice some weeping). If you ever need more absorbency, the Seni branded boosters work fantastically well with them ofc, you could even position it up-front if you need more absorbency there. 

I find it funny how personal choice of diapers is. I'm actually switching away from them in favor of Tena Ultimas for opposite reasons; I need more absorbency in the middle, so for me they end up lasting an hour or more longer than the Quattros (which have it distributed more evenly throughout, especially the front as you've pointed out). Plus, their supplier is easier to work with. So, eh ?

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Does this stop:

Urgency
Cramping
Bladder Vibrations

As trying to get into a Urologist for 2 years now previous Urologist didnt want to do anything and just stated OAB and caused by spine and I cant deal with these sensations anymore

Also are you able to be sexual as well

Something to discuss with doctor if I ever see one