LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is anyone else shy about diapering-up in front of their spouse?

Padded53

On 8/19/2015 at 8:54 AM, kevindhca said:

Yes, it's a conundrum. On the one hand exposure is a bit exciting, but you want to be respectful as well.

Most of the time, it's easy to conceal, but changing time has you exposed.

...wife isn't into at all, and with her, that's the way I prefer it. I go into the bathroom and change myself, by myself which is 100% fine with me. Don't want to force my fetish on someone that wants little or nothing to do with it and to me, that's OK, I respect that.

My wife is the one who diapers me all the time. So no it's not embarrassing at all. She does all my diaper checks, and tells me when I need to be changed. After my accident we did need some help after coming home from the hospital. A few times I was changed by family members, and was embarrassing at first. 

Yeah, I am. Always have been. And part of the reason is because in the early days of our relationship, I thought I could leave diapers alone. Turns out, I couldn't, even though I tried for years. So I just pad up when I know I have the house to myself, usually.  It's  putting one on that I want to do privately. I wear cloth diapers, and they take a little more time than disposables.

From the first night I saw my girlfriend in a diaper I don't think I have ever felt shy or guilty putting on a diaper or her seeing me in a diaper. We have diapered each other and changed each other for two years. I have never been more comfortable in my life. Our love is secure and we share so much together other than diapers. Even being naked in front of her with my male parts dangling about I have no qualms. When you are with that perfect person that loves and accepts you as an equal there is no room to be shy. Love does conquer all. Peace and love to you all.

I’ll start by saying that when my wife and I first got married, she had basically asked me to never wear diapers again. Nearly 2 years later, after many conversations that led to her better understanding why I like wearing diapers, we reached a compromise so that I could wear them. The first time I got some, she asked me if I wanted her to stay in our room while I put one on or if I’d prefer for her to leave. I’d never worn in front of anyone before, so I asked her to leave. Since that time (3-4 years ago), it’s much better now, although there is still SOME awkwardness, just because at the end of the day, I’m still putting on a diaper and let’s be honest - it is kinda silly :)

When I first started to wear diapers I would always make hubby leave our room but now nearly 2 years later i don’t mind if he watches me in fact  he has even changed my diaper many times.

Yes.  My wife is a non-supporter and I try very hard to as far as possible, keep it out of her face so to speak.  I always change in private and will go to lengths to make sure my changes can be neither seen nor heard.  Morning changes occur after she's left the bedroom first.  If I'm changing before bed, I will change in my study.  As I've been 24/7 since late 2018, I've gotten a bit careless about leaving nappy-related infrastructure (usually plastic pants or my next disposable) laying around but it's not intentional.  Some support would be nice but I don't think it's going to happen: grim, silent tolerance is as good as it gets.

I can have a bit of an internal laugh at how much more she'd freak if she knew that my night nappies weren't optional anymore...

1 hour ago, oznl said:

I can have a bit of an internal laugh at how much more she'd freak if she knew that my night nappies weren't optional anymore...

You could always approach that particular subject by indicating that it was inevitably going to happen, not something you brought on yourself.  You could explain that it was coming, ready or not and you were only about 12-14 months early in your estimates.  She doesn't have to know it was an acquired condition.

27 minutes ago, stevewet said:

I was a little embarresed at fist but now it is just a normal occurence and I just deal with my nappies et in front of my wife without thinking about it.

That's great you have a wife that is supportive, like my wife is.

5 hours ago, Luvs24 said:

That's great you have a wife that is supportive, like my wife is.

My wife suggested nappies when I became incontinent. She isn't phased by themat all.

55 minutes ago, stevewet said:

My wife suggested nappies when I became incontinent. She isn't phased by themat all.

Is does make it better when the spouse excepts diapers.

47 minutes ago, stevewet said:

My wife is somewhat the same in attitude.  Although I don't NEED diapers due to incontinence, I have made a life-choice to wear and use them as needed (when possible - most of the time).  Maybe once or twice a month I might go without for a few hours - usually hanging around my home "starkers" until the next diaper is put on.  

The fact that I am not incon, my wife initially had questions and annoyance about my choice but since she's got the trifecta of partial continences, both urge and stress incontinence as well as OAB, she ended up facing the fact that it was only fair to accept my choice since she wears pull-ups, 24/7.

I usually change in the front part of our bathroom which is divided by a door, between bath/toilet and sink/counter.  Occasionally if only wet, I have changed in the bedroom next to my bed with her watching TV from her bed.  I don't have any qualms about doing so and she has never had an issue with it.

On 5/28/2020 at 7:51 AM, Transfusionelle said:

From the first night I saw my girlfriend in a diaper I don't think I have ever felt shy or guilty putting on a diaper or her seeing me in a diaper. We have diapered each other and changed each other for two years. I have never been more comfortable in my life. Our love is secure and we share so much together other than diapers. Even being naked in front of her with my male parts dangling about I have no qualms. When you are with that perfect person that loves and accepts you as an equal there is no room to be shy. Love does conquer all. Peace and love to you all.

...that sounds like a very nice arrangement you two have there and it's very special!!! You are very, very lucky to have something 90% of people here hope for everyday!!! Cherish it well!!!

22 hours ago, Luvs24 said:

Is does make it better when the spouse excepts diapers.

I think you mean "Accepts" diapers.  When you say, "Excepts" diapers that is the opposite meaning.  She has an exception to you wearing diapers instead of accepting that you wear them.

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

I think you mean "Accepts" diapers.  When you say, "Excepts" diapers that is the opposite meaning.  She has an exception to you wearing diapers instead of accepting that you wear them.

Wow, I made a grammar mistake. Are you the grammar police?

No, he’s not, but that part of your post was a bit difficult to follow.The  destination literally could mean the opposite of What you are trying to get across. Don’t mean to sound harsh 

24 minutes ago, carsfan said:

No, he’s not, but that part of your post was a bit difficult to follow.The  destination literally could mean the opposite of What you are trying to get across. Don’t mean to sound harsh 

But I see he likes to do that on lot of posts. No one else has said anything!

7 hours ago, Luvs24 said:

But I see he likes to do that on lot of posts. No one else has said anything!

Trust me, Rusty Pins is not the most common to correct grammar and spelling here.  I can't remember the member's name but you will see him pop up on almost any misspelled title within a few days to a week, usually only with either a single word (the word that corrects the misspelling) or a snippy comment regarding the wrong meaning of the misspelling.

I just wish I could remember the member's name.

EDIT: Found what I think might be the last such correction:

POST in "What band diaper do I wear"

9 hours ago, DL-Boy said:

Trust me, Rusty Pins is not the most common to correct grammar and spelling here.  I can't remember the member's name but you will see him pop up on almost any misspelled title within a few days to a week, usually only with either a single word (the word that corrects the misspelling) or a snippy comment regarding the wrong meaning of the misspelling.

I just wish I could remember the member's name.

EDIT: Found what I think might be the last such correction:

POST in "What band diaper do I wear"

Thanks for the heads up. I'm usually pretty good with spelling, but this time I overlooked it. 

My wife fully accepts my need for diapers, and I have no issues putting on a diaper with her in the room,  When at home (Its. just the 2 of us) I wear nothing but a diaper when its hot.  Diapers are a non issue they are just my underwear that  is absorbent and are medically required so theres no shame or need to hide the fact I am wearing them 24/7.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Rob110 said:

My wife fully accepts my need for diapers, and I have no issues putting on a diaper with her in the room,  When at home (Its. just the 2 of us) I wear nothing but a diaper when its hot.  Diapers are a non issue they are just my underwear that  is absorbent and are medically required so theres no shame or need to hide the fact I am wearing them 24/7.

I too often just sit on an evening in just my nappy. My wife never bats an eyelid it is just normal.

• Like 1