LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Grilled Cheese Sammich

So I'm thinking about making a grilled cheese sammich and wondered how long I should cook it, what bread to use, and of course cheese selection comes into play, and what else to add to it such as bacon or pickles... any ideas

i just plain white bread and borden brand american cheese, and spreadable butter applied directly to the bread, i get the pan hot, about medium heat i think, and when its preheated i put the first slice of bread butter side down and then add the cheese(one slice, but you can do 2 if you want) and then add the other slice, start the clock for 1 minute, and check, if its nice and golden i flip, one more minute and then i like to add some tomato soup to go with it and make a meal of it

• Like 1

Best grilled cheese is made with two slices of cheddar, a slice of pepper jack or Provolone, and ham (grilled before putting on the bread) to break up the cheese. Dakota 12 grain is the best bread for it. Temper your pan with butter before, then butter both sides of the sandwich. Cook about a minute after the butter stops sizzling. Pair with tomato soup. Trust me, I'm from Wisconsin. Cheese and Packers are our specialty.

• Like 1

The best is also the simplest. Two slices of bread (what ever kind you prefer the most). Lightly or moderately buttered on the outside, and a generous amount of cheese on the inside. Cook on a skillet or large sauce pan until golden brown, flip it over and get the other side golden brown. Optional to let the grilled cheese cool long enough for the cheese inside to slightly harden (about 10 minutes), and enjoy.

• Like 1

Brian, why would you want your nice hot and melty grilled cheese to get cold and hard?

Not cold and hard- yuck. Only slightly cooler enough to really bite into it without burning your mouth or dripping cheese allover the place.

Sometimes after taco night we will grate some cheddar and mix in some taco beef and use that for grillies, and bagels are good too but should be toasted a bit first cause they don't fry well!

I like that idea! I saw a spaghetti grilled cheese on garlic bread while checking FB. I'm thinking I might try something similar.