LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers in the pool

I did it once and it was fun but then it was uncomfortable afterwards when it absorbed more and more water. When I peed, it went down my legs.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It might be fun to jump in my pool with a diaper on but I think jumping in naked is more fun! Since I keep the water sanitary in my pool, I would not pee or poop in a diaper while in my pool. It could make friends and relatives very sick.

Pool owner here. Absolutely NO DIAPERS ALLOWED!! Swim diaper or regular, I don't want it in my pool period. If a baby drops a deuce in the pool you pretty much have to drain all the water to make it safe again. For me that's around 30,000 gallons of water which adds about $100 to a monthly water bill. Swim diapers are a useless gimmick, they don't prevent fecal contamination whatsoever. Even just having to clean out the filter is a few hours work that you typically only have to do every 6 months.

and since Calif is in a drought, now I know where all the water went......30,000 gallons is a lot :o

Must be a heck of a big pool ! :thumbsup:

and I just wanted to add, there really isn't any 'need' to wear a diaper into a pool. A snug fitting cloth one....maybe...MAYBE, and N*E*V*E*R a disposable! That disaster has already been discussed above....

But most public pools ((((Shudder))))) at the thought...(yuck) don't even allow babies or kids in diapers or other "non swim oriented' attire (IE cutoff shorts etc) so it seems that swimming pools are just for the potty trained :P

Is that a form of discrimination?? :o

Must ponder this....(in a diaper of coarse)

I used to own a 20,000 gallon pool. It was an ok size, but by no means big enough to do laps in it. I used to go in it with my disposables quite often.

Sometimes the diapers broke open and the sap got out, sometimes not. The sap will clog your filter, but I had a sand filter on my pool and was able to back wash the filter with ease. Doing this easily eliminated the sap, and all was good again.

Although I'm not fecal incontinent I do know that any contamination that can't be easily removed, will be killed by simply adding more chlorine.

It is an urban myth that you have to completely empty the pool. Just like the myth that there is a chemical you can add to detect pee in the water- which doesn't exist. In fact, you cannot completely empty an in-ground pool unless you want it to float out of the ground.

and since Calif is in a drought, now I know where all the water went......30,000 gallons is a lot :o

Must be a heck of a big pool ! :thumbsup:

and I just wanted to add, there really isn't any 'need' to wear a diaper into a pool. A snug fitting cloth one....maybe...MAYBE, and N*E*V*E*R a disposable! That disaster has already been discussed above....

But most public pools ((((Shudder))))) at the thought...(yuck) don't even allow babies or kids in diapers or other "non swim oriented' attire (IE cutoff shorts etc) so it seems that swimming pools are just for the potty trained :P

Is that a form of discrimination?? :o

Must ponder this....(in a diaper of coarse)

I've seen plenty of empty in-ground pools and none of them gave any signs of floating- that's an urban myth <_< Think about it: every in-ground pool is empty when it's built so if empties floated there could be no in-ground pools ;) Especially the older concrete ones which weigh dozens of tons :whistling:

I suppose that could depend on where you live. If your water table is more than a foot or two above the bottom of your pool then you would be risking this. I live in Florida where our water table is only a couple feet below the ground. When I was removing my pool I did completely empty it. That very same day I saw signs of it floating. The next day it was cracked in several places (and much easier to break apart). So I can testify this absolutely does happen.