LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Could depression be the reason why I want to wear a Diaper?

This started when I was 15, I'm now 18,& still have a desire to wear them. I love the warm, squishy feeling when I poop in diaper, & love peeing in them. I don't wear them much, I still live with my parents.

But, I feel so weird when I wear them.

If you don't kow, how do you expect others to? Maybe that is a wake-up call to find out from someone who has the skill, tools and resources to get the answers. When I started my formal training in psych in 1971, every other Freshman psych Major swore that he had Dyslexia. Depression is becoming the new Dyslexia. The worst thing they ever invented was pop psych: Especially the New Age version. It is the new religion that breeds superstition bordering on the Medieval level that was once restricted to those who had enough money to throw at a shrink to the tune of $50/hour every week

90% of the psychological "problems" of today, just as then, could be fixed by 3 words: "Get a life" (actually, you do not "get" a life, you MAKE one)

Diapers make you feel beter when depressed and some people wear diapers for that reason. The weird feeling you are getting is your mind telling you its wrong to wear them after a while of wearing diapers that feeling will go away. I never had the weird feeling that your getting.

If you don't kow, how do you expect others to? Maybe that is a wake-up call to find out from someone who has the skill, tools and resources to get the answers. When I started my formal training in psych in 1971, every other Freshman psych Major swore that he had Dyslexia. Depression is becoming the new Dyslexia. The worst thing they ever invented was pop psych: Especially the New Age version. It is the new religion that breeds superstition bordering on the Medieval level that was once restricted to those who had enough money to throw at a shrink to the tune of $50/hour every week

90% of the psychological "problems" of today, just as then, could be fixed by 3 words: "Get a life" (actually, you do not "get" a life, you MAKE one)

Not very helpful and seems fairly irrelevant to the situation. We know you are old, stop pointing it out.

You enjoy wearing diapers Because you enjoy wearing diapers

You just proved my point. Thank you. And I would wager that you do not have a degree in psychology. LYou just used some common sense. There is no deep, spiritual or intellectual root to it

If you don't kow, how do you expect others to? Maybe that is a wake-up call to find out from someone who has the skill, tools and resources to get the answers. When I started my formal training in psych in 1971, every other Freshman psych Major swore that he had Dyslexia. Depression is becoming the new Dyslexia. The worst thing they ever invented was pop psych: Especially the New Age version. It is the new religion that breeds superstition bordering on the Medieval level that was once restricted to those who had enough money to throw at a shrink to the tune of $50/hour every week90% of the psychological "problems" of today, just as then, could be fixed by 3 words: "Get a life" (actually, you do not "get" a life, you MAKE one)

I was wondering. I thought that they might have a connection. Telling me to get/make a life isn't helpful. I'm trying too.

You were trying to find some "deep-rooted" cause for something when there was no need to. Just get on with the business of living. Everybody else does if they are not physiologically impaired either by a deficient organic system or by something wrong in the brain. Or if they have not suffered a grievous loss like a parent (at your age). Make an inventory of your skills and things you enjoy Find persons who share those topics of enjoyment and talk about them. Imagine that the skills and things you enjoy is a set of blocks. soon you will put them in some kind of order, with your best skills at the top and the things you enjoy more than others at the top of that list. Perhaps you can match a skill to a favorite topic, or develop a set of skills related to your favorite topic(s). Use some of your skills to earn some money. There are two opposite ways to look at it. One is as a burden, the other is as opportunity. Think of it as an empty canvas with some paints and brushes

Depression is a clinical condition. That means that before you go around claiming it, you have a diagnosis from a professional. Which is what I was saying in a gentle way about imputing mental health problems where none have been shown and why I think pop psychology stinks. That is part of Psychobabble which makes a ton of noise and makes things hare to know by generating too much false input which muddies the waters and brings out the shrink wannabes. Depression does not mean that you're stuck in a rut, have been on a losing streak, are moping around, or have not sorted things out; the first three are normal for anyone and the last goes with late physiological adolescence (18-23). Nor is this the time or place to speculate aout it. If you think you have Depression then go for a diagnosis. Left untreated, it can have fatal resutls

I've liked wearing diapers long before I ever started school or even knew what being depressed was. However, like personalias kind of said, not being accepted or allowed to wear them had been a downer for me many times before. I'm over that now as I long ago chose to wear them 24/7.

Some of the folks above me have explained things a lot better than I could, but I'll go ahead and add to this thread by saying I was in the same boat. My DL-ism started around 15, about the same time I began experiencing a lot of unstable and negative moods and emotions. People naturally find a release, a cathartic outlet which helps them cope with those feelings...ours just somehow happens to be diapers and/or going to the bathroom in our pants. Who'dathunkit? :lol:

We all go through that period of shame and self-doubt, but as others have said, it's an intrinsic desire we can't actively avoid. Yes, it's weird, but it's not harmful, so you're better off learning to accept this part of you. If it's truly worrisome to you, then don't be afraid to speak to a therapist. Just try not to become overly dependent on diapers as a solution to your depression...it's just an alleviation, not a cure. If you have depression, that needs to be taken care of independently of diapers, too.

Guest diaperboykcmo

I'm bipolar and when I wear I feel safe and secure. So it very well could be.. Might just depend on the person.

• Like 1

As I said above the comfort and security and joy of wearing diapers helps with depression, you could be wearing for that reason. But only you would be able to know why you are wearing them.

• 2 weeks later...

It is comforting for the times I wore them. I miss being a child so much and being young.

The DL started when I started to get moody , as I got more depressed/depression got worse I want to wear diapers more.

Depression can be a complex matter. There are triggers which can set if off, and those vary for each of us. There are also coping methods we use to help control it. So whatever triggers your situation, your desire to wear diapers may be a subconcious response to help you control what's bothering you- depression or otherwise. If it does you good then keep going with it, and don't let it's unusualness bother you.

Guest diaperboykcmo

I'm curious Newguy are you a shrink.. Not that I agree with you.. You can't just say this and that isn't true. For some what you say might be true but the bottom line it's all about how the person feels. Depression could very well make someone wear a diaper. They're depressed cause they didn't get the love they needed as a child.. They could be depressed for various reasons. My point is you can't just say NO to this and that. Without knowing the person..

I'm curious Newguy are you a shrink.. Not that I agree with you.. You can't just say this and that isn't true. For some what you say might be true but the bottom line it's all about how the person feels. Depression could very well make someone wear a diaper. They're depressed cause they didn't get the love they needed as a child.. They could be depressed for various reasons. My point is you can't just say NO to this and that. Without knowing the person..

• Like 1

I have clinical depression, and have been diagnosed for 12+ years now. Because of Seasonal Affective Disorder, my depression worsens in wintertime. So my anti-depressants are increased during that time. However, these great little pills also cause my incontinence as the dosage goes up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...