LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Has anyone ever had an upper endoscopy EGD?

What's it like? Do I have to wear a gown or do I get to wear my clothes?

I have to have a driver and this person doesn't know I wear...

Does the medicine they give you so the scope doesn't hurt do anything?

Thanks for the perspectives :)

Spargano

If I recall correctly, this means they go through your esophagus. Meaning they don't touch the behind. I could have my terminology a bit backwards though.

You may be required to wear a gown, that depends on the rules of the particular place. If you cannot refrain from wearing a diaper for a few hours, unless you're incont, what can I say?

I had both a sedative and a spray shot of novacanine, since I have a wicked gag reflex, and then in went the scope. when it first goes in you get a tiny bit of a gag but not much and it is over quickly. The whole thing is done very quickly. about 7 to 10 minutes, depending on what they're looking for

What everybody else said, I did change into a gown, they drug you through the IV, I do wear a diaper due to incontinence, but doubt that anyone was aware of it. They aren't messing around down there. It is best to have someone you can trust with you. As was said you are a bit out of it for quite a while recovering from the anesthesia. I babbled on for about 20 minutes my wife said, and you will be groggy as was said for a few hours. I believe my wife said she even changed me in the recovery, and helped me put my clothes back on. If you don't have to wear, I wouldn't as it may be noted on a medical report, then again it may not, as that isn't their concern.

I will be wearing because I do go almost every hour and sometimes every half hour. My general doctor knows I suffer from OAB. My concern is my driver who I trust, but do not want knowing I wear diapers. ... I am concerned about a) getting dressed and B) what I might say.

Am I allowed to call my driver to pick me up?

Spargano

Spargano, yes you can call your driver..or they can call the driver for you. Colonoscopy staff was completely nonplussed when I started peeing as I woke up and asked for my diaper, which I then proceeded to wet in my hand.

I had what I think was the procedure you are describing done on an emergency basis after I swallowed part of a chicken bone and was coughing up blood. They were afraid that the chicken bone had punctured my esophagus. Since I'm incontinent, I went to the emergency room wearing a diaper under my street clothes. For the procedure which was performed in the operating because i would have needed surgery if the esophagus had been perforated, I had to strip naked and put on a hospital gown. Rather than diapering me, they inserted a catheter; and I was a given a general anesthetic. Fortunately, it turned out that the bleeding was caused by a scratch and that my esophagus was not perforated. A couple of hours after the procedure, I was allowed to go home.

Fun times. I am glad you were ok!

I don't know why I am terrified of gabbing while coming out and admitting I made myself incontinent or talking about diapers in general. I just hope even loopy I have enough wherewithal to keep my yap shut...

Spargano

So yeah, I guess only a few people have that crazy reaction. I didn't.

I told the nurse I was wearing protection for OAB and was told I could keep my pants on. I think think I wet a little while under because my diaper was slightly damp when I came to.

Going to sleep the rest of the day. Thank you all for the support!

Spargano