LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Lost the urge

About a month ago, I noticed that I wasn't getting the urge to go pooh.

Nothing else was different, and for most of my life, I went every morning.

One day I just didn't have the urge. I didn't think much of it, but the next day was the same, and the next.

By now I felt uncomfortable in the stomach area, but no urge in the bum area.

When I sat on the toilet, I just couldn't seem to go.

First suspicion, constipation. I began to force myself to go, nope, I am not constipated.

Tried some OTC laxatives, but they don't seem to have much effect.

I have pretty good medical understanding, but I haven't really heard of this kind of issue.

I am in good health.

Does anyone have any ideas what might cause loss of urge with no other symptoms?

you could have an obstruction stoping the fecal matter from reaching the bowel. i suggest going and seeing a doctor immediately, as a twisted or obstructed bowel could cause a rupture, and can require very serious surgery or death.

When you say that you forced yourself to go and then ruled out constipation, by that I assumed you had a full bowel movement with no difficulty. Anytime you go for more than a couple of days without a bowel movement, you should check it out with a doctor.

Loss of sensation in the rectum could also be a nerve problem. Have you had low back problems recently?

Thanks for the advice.

For now, I don't believe there's anything serious going on, it's mostly the sudden change that's a bit of a concern.

And the half hour on the toilet, now there's a learning experience.

At this time, I don't think enema's are necessary, I can go if I work at it. It's just kind of weird not being able to tell if I'm empty.

I am going for the round of invasive medical tests, but it's mostly to make sure nothing serious is going on in there.

I think I'm going to become a whole lot more informed on the inner workings of the rear end.LOL

At my age, a colonoscopy is not a bad plan anyway.

Well this is turning into an interesting thread.

Thanks for the info, much is not necessary at this time, but you can never know too much.

I have seen my doc and he ordered a bunch of lab testing. I will see him again next week to find the results.

I am healthy and fit, so I hadn't been to see him in 20 yrs.

My bedwetting condition is caused by a small overactive bladder and the fact that I am a very deep sleeper.

It started when I had an infection in my bladder that my urologist had to put meds directly into the bladder to get it gone, 24 yrs. ago.

Since that time everything has been stable, and the urologist told me back then he expected it would stay that way for ever.

All meds tried had unacceptable side effects.

Fast forward to now, I am concerned about a change in function, one that could have potential serious consequences, and he reacts like wearing a diaper at night is the end of the world. Lol

Sometimes it seems doctors can't accept condition management. They seem to forget, until reminded, that every treatment has three possible outcomes, better, same, or worse.

When you have a condition that is not life or health threatening medical intervention caries significant risk that must be carefully weighed.

No rash decisions will be made here.

<snip>

No rash decisions will be made here.

Showering after removing your damp diaper in the morning seems like an extremely "rash" decision, lol

Thanks for the link, its going to take me a week to read it, as I am about to go visit my mother. As for fleets, I find that diluting them down to about quarter strength lets me hold for quite awhile, as that is reasonably close to normal saline. Otherwise, my insides feel like they want to turn themselves inside out.

Well, the test results are in.

Almost everything is within normal range, no blood in stool.

It appears to be just an interesting development, not life or health threatening.

Although, I will have to be careful I don't become diabetic, as my fasting glucose was 6.0.

My doctor is a very good and thorough practitioner, so he says, I'm not done with you yet. Let's get some more testing done on your bladder and see if there's anything we can do.

Off to the ultrasound clinic, with a full bladder. That doesn't sound risky at all, lol.

Off to the ultrasound clinic, with a full bladder. That doesn't sound risky at all, lol.

Wear diapers! Lol. I've been through that procedure, and my ultrasound tech was very good, didn't say anything about my wearing, and I was glad to have them on, especially when he found something that wasn't supposed to be there and spent another 15 minutes taking images.

My point about adobe Reader is that it comes with security problems -- susceptibility to specially crafted PDFs that do much more than display on your screen, and you cannot inspect the source code.

Back up a minute, there....

Who, exactly, do you exprct to reach? My mother?

As for the fetish aspect, I was really thinking that a one sentence mention of the existence of some folks who enjoy it would be sufficient. I assume "fetish" is going to be a bad word to be euphemised out. Those that are interested will follow up; everyone else will let it go in one ear and out the other.

As for learning about salt, buffering, and baking soda (and osmolality), what I know is from my AP chemistry in high school. I don't think it will give you much trouble, but I think it will be too much for a "lay" audience such as my mother, though I don't think a technical footnote would hurt. As for your own research, i think a good medical library, such as the one at UVA or VA Tech should e able to help, in the old- fashioned way. On line, you could look at irrigating solutions, especially those for intestines, noses, eyes, and wounds.

I am frequently at UVA, but as a volunteer and far from the library. I haven't checked to see if Martha Jefferson has a medical Library or not, but I have been in their ER.