LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

close call could have been arested

babyleanna75

I disagree. Not knowing how to fix... say a leaking pipe, would be a lack of knowledge. That isn't something to fault some for, however; if that person isn't mechanically inclined and they were to try and do it anyways then that would be a complete lack of common sense.

Not knowing how to do something, and knowing when not to do something, are two different things.

Not true, you don't do certain things because you have knowledge of possible adverse effects of doing the activity.

Why do I wear hearing protection, gloves, and eye protection when cutting steel with a cutoff blade on my grinder?

It's not personal experience, I am not missing an eye, limb, or going deaf, but I have heard of many misshaps.

Safety rules are a good example, you probably have no personal experience with why the rule exists, but nearly all are as a result of some incident that the chain of events resulted in an accident that wasn't reasonably foreseen.

Common sense not to do something is just as much knowledge as it is to do something.

Sure it is. You wear hearing protection because you know others have told you, and you probably know that not wearing them hurts your ears. Knowing this is knowledge, even if you haven't been injured from not using them in the past.

The same can be said for most all other experiences too. What kid hasn't burned a finger and learned not to touch something hot. Or better yet was told not to and listened. Common sense is always bred from knowledge. The way we get that knowledge (or lack there of) is what differs.

• Like 1

That's right, it's the way we get knowledge that's different for everyone.

When everyone around you has similar knowledge, it's regarded as common sense.

When you possess knowledge that you've known forever, you assume that knowledge is known to all.

However, another person may not have had that experience.

What you think is common sense, is going to be different for other people.

The phrase "it's just common sense" is not helpful, and is very much like saying, "hey your just stupid".

Kevindhca, I grant you that a person's amount of common sense will vary based on their experience and knowledge. I also make the point that it also comes from deductive reasoning.

Long before I ever saw a person walk in to a door or pool when texting I knew not to do it. I hadn't been told not to, nor did I see it happen, but I had enough common sense not to. We're those people just stupid? You bet, but they still should have known better based on nothing more than logic, deductive reasoning, and sensibility. Ie. Common sense.

How many of us have been told to watch where we walk and where we are going and to pay attention to what is in front of us? Any of this sound familiar? People texting as they walk, really. I have seen a girl fall into a mall fountain in a youtube video that was caught on security camera. I don't play my game as I walk or read as I walk or look in my purse as I walk. I stop to look. How can anyone not know this is beyond me. Were they not told as children to watch what is in front of them?

• 2 weeks later...

The other day 3 accidents claimed 3 lives in Montana and 1 person from each accident wearing sebelts died from internal bleeding from seabelts. Seatnbelts save lives is not true they kill about as much as not wearing

The other day 3 accidents claimed 3 lives in Montana and 1 person from each accident wearing sebelts died from internal bleeding from seabelts. Seatnbelts save lives is not true they kill about as much as not wearing

• Like 2

I too am surprised this topic is still ongoing and is still and issue. It don't matter if you think that it is safer or not safer to wear a seatbelt. What it comes down to is that it is a law. You have a choice to either comply with the law or get a ticket. If you are in an accident and you are killed because you are wearing a seatbelt then there was something going on in the crash to make it so bad that you body couldn't take the trauma. Therefore in the same crash you would not make it by not wearing a seatbelt either. So either wear or don't wear it, get a ticket or don't get a ticket, live or die there are choices to be made and we each have to make our own.

I wear my seatbelt but wanted to prove a point seatbelts can kill just as much as not wearing it so it shouldnt be a law to wear their basis is that it saves lives I know some people who were ejected from their car and it saved their lives cause if they wore their seatbelt they would have been crushed by the roof yes they had some injuries but they also have their lives. But I started wearing my seatbelt cause I dont want the tickets

I wear my seatbelt but wanted to prove a point seatbelts can kill just as much as not wearing it so it shouldnt be a law to wear their basis is that it saves lives I know some people who were ejected from their car and it saved their lives cause if they wore their seatbelt they would have been crushed by the roof yes they had some injuries but they also have their lives. But I started wearing my seatbelt cause I dont want the tickets

by all means keep trying. I look forward to the results.

• 2 years later...
On 12/22/2013 at 6:19 PM, Spokane Girl said:

In the states, they don't have them except special ed buses.

While regular transit buses do not have seat belts, many local transit companies who utilize over the road coaches similar to Greyhound buses may have them on their more modern vehicles. These buses are the ones more likely to be used on highways at highway speeds. I ride these buses a few times a year but have never felt the need to wear the seat belts, except for one driver, had he been given the privilege to drive an over the road coach on the route instead of a regular transit coach, I would definitely wear a belt, On this particular drivers runs, you can definitely tell when he is trying to maintain lane with his sudden movements to keep the bus in the same lane.

One of the first weeks our daughter was an EMT they were transferring a patient to eastern Washington from Seattle. On I-90 near Ellensburg an oncoming pickup drifted into the median and started rolling. The driver, not wearing a seat belt, came a little farther out his open driver's window on each roll. They stopped but there was nothing they could do, he was of course DOS.

The cop is doing his job, so it's not harassment, but

I drive in the mountains, I could see where trying to get a seat belt off could be an issue if you're going down and trying to jump out. Look, I'm not against them. But the law is there to make money, simple as that. Example, The fines are too low for a reason, so that people will keep doing it. It's a great money generator. If the bureaucrats cared so much about safety, then why do speeding tickets cost so much more? Back in Illinois, they put red light cameras up at a few bad intersections. A few months later they moved them down the block to a different intersection that never had accidents because they made more money at the other location. My friend worked for the police when I lived there. Seat belts can save you, but in many circumstances they can harm you. Laws are made when problems can't be solved.

As long as you don't harm others, you should have the right to do what you want. In America, you're forced to buy heath insurance, and now you're fined if you don't have it. How can you forced to by a service in a free country? I can see the requirement for having liability because it involves responsibility of another driver's possession who we share the road with, but not something that involves our own/ our self. This is a free country? Seat belts are a conventional subject. Statistics are BS. I pay higher car insurance because of statistics, when I've been driving commercial hazmat with an impeccable record for the last 22 years. Let people do what they want.

I know this is crude and people may flame me for it, but if you don't like the laws here in the United States, move to another country ad hope they don't have laws you don't like there either!

The whole seatbelt debate:

I work as a paramedic.... I most likely have seen more accidents than most of you here, up close and in detail... and I've been involved of course in trying to save what can be saved...

• Like 1