LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers Are Leaking At Night, Big Time!

I'm a side sleeper, and have exactly the same problem. Even doubling up Bambino's still leaves me with a leak.

The cloth over disposable, though, works damn near flawlessly. Personally, I'm using a Babykins cloth diaper (with velcro closures) over a Bambino. I wear latex rubber pants over the top of that. (I find they're a lot more leakproof than most plastics) With that combo, on the exceedingly rare occasion that I have a leak at all, it's nothing more than a half dollar size spot...

I've had great success using some terry cloth lined plastic pants at night. Any leaks get taken care of by the terry cloth....

However if you're soaking through a dry 24/7 with a booster then you might have more luck switching over to full on cloth diapers. I've not had much success with those but there are some folks here that swear by them.

Your mileage may vary :)

I always worry about leaking, my lovely G/F dresses me in a disposable and plastic pants and allows me to sleep cuddled up to her in our bed, so the last thing I want is for her to wake up in a soaking bed. Even to the point that after one wetting I'll get out of bed to wet and let gravity do its job.

I'm keen to get a pair of terry lined plastic training pants to wear over my M4's and also maybe use the cloth nappies I have pinned over the top of my disposable.

I find that tucking a cloth baby diaper in along the waist of a disposable at night generally will stop anything that gets around either an Abena 3-4 or Molicare. However, about the only way to keep them form leaking is to wear either plastic panties or rubber over a disposable. Be sure to get a pair that is fairly large or even one with a high waist works even better!

I wear an M4 and terry lined plastic pants to bed. The M4 itself almost never leaks, and the terry lined pants catch whatever small amount comes out.

I have noticed that if I use a booster inside a disposable, it increases the chance of leaks, and puts the heat index up a bit higher too.

Never tried a 24/7 overnight. Based on the fit and leak problems I had with 24/7s in the past, I wouldn't trust them. They need to bring back the small, or resize the medium.

Side sleepers especially have this problem when wearing disposable diapers. Used to be that diaper manufacturers would well pad the side panels of their diapers. Even that didn't stop leaking when sleeping, but it helped somewhat. Now days disposable diapers aren't good for side sleepers because there is nothing in the side panels at all to absorb wetness when you pee laying on your side. Cloth diapers are much better because they wick moisture all throughout the diaper. Now, here is somethintg a lot of people don't always think about with a disposable/cloth combo. Disposables are meant to "lock in" the wetness, to a point. If you wear a good disposable with a soaker, then pin a cloth diaper over it with plastic pants as a topper, the disposable will lock away wetness first, then slowly saturate the rest of the diaper if you really wet heavily. Any leaks out the side or legs will be absorbed and wicked thoughout the cloth outer diaper keeping the bed dry, or at least a lot dryer. I'd try a disposable/cloth combo first and see how wet you feel over all from a soaked disposable. Then try just some good layered cloth diapers, making them thick enough to absorb a nights worth of wetting, and see which seems more comfortable over all. My questions are how wet the disposable diaper is getting overall. If it is totally soaked and you are really wet, then cloth may be the way to go. If the disposable is overall not too wet, but it leaks mostly in one area because of how you sleep, then maybe the disposable will help keep you feeling dryer overall and the cloth outer diaper will be there just to catch and contail the leakage.

You might as well wear cloth diapers and have done with it since you are using them anyway. Besides which all the rigamarole that goes with throw-aways such as how abosorbant, how many tapes and ten other things, just from what I see here like "maxi", "slip" etc, etc and you can understand why I used to say "the little girl does not cotton to paper"

If you use lined panties then you have to clean them like they were a diaper and dry them which takes forever and why I do not use them. That is one of the hassles with AIO's You have mixed materials one of which cannot stand up to a dryer and since they are joined at the hip, the least durable one is the one you must accommodate

I have no problems flooding Tena Slip Maxi, laying on the side

But there can be many reasons, like the diaper dosent fit you perfectly, maybe to big, or maybe to small, maybe not put on correctly etc

I fount that when I tried Dry24/7 diapers, that even though they can absorb the majority of an olympic sized swimming pool, they didnt fit me right. I couldn't get them to fit snug at all around my legs. From my experience the fit of your diaper has just as much to do with preventing a leak as the absorbency. Different diaper shapes fit some people better then others. I have good luck with molicare super plus and Total Dry (Secure) x-plus, and dont like Abena or Dry 24/7.

Well I'm a side sleeper too and, as I mentioned above, I've enjoyed great success with my disposable/terry lined pants combo. Sure the pants get wet sometimes but I usually just let them air dry and they're good to go the very next night. I own 5 different pairs so I tend to let the used ones 'rest' awhile. There is an odour issue so it might not work for everyone but cloth diapers are just so much of a hassle that they are a non starter with me....

I use tena slip maxi with a double thikness pull on terry pant over the top and plastic pants and being a boy i make sure my 'percy' is pointing downwards between my legs i have never had a leak with this combo exept when i have hit the sauce to much!

Mal.

If you're a "voluntary" wetter (i.e. don't wet while asleep) then the best thing to do is just roll onto your back, make sure you're pointing downwards (if male!) and then just let it flow - everything will go straight down into the middle/back of the nappy. Then move back into your normal sleeping position, and enjoy the fact you didn't need to get out of bed to use the toilet!

Go cloth! Nothing but nothing beats cloth and plastic pants at night. My baby wears a very thick towelling folded nappy plus large plastic pants and onesie. total security and huge capacity. As one who has actually overfilled an Abriform M4 at night high capacity is important.

I wear cloth and plastic pants, and have a reusable hospital style cloth under pad to protect my sheets and bed if there would be a leak.

I use Twill cloth prefolds and Comco plastic pants, You can find the Twill prefolds at babypants.com and rearz.ca , Comco plastic pants at Comco.

I purchase plastic pants at leased 1 size larger than you might use for disposables or day time diapers.

I can't wear disposables, so I wear gauze prefolds, and never have leaks, even when I sleep on my side, which I do most of the night. However! I have tried to find a disposable that I wasn't allergic to. In all of those tests I found the disposables much hotter than gauze prefold diapers. If you put cloth over that, and plastic pants, won't that cause a rash from just the heat alone? I very rarely get a rash of any kind, and my diapers are saturated in the morning. Just curious.