LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Colonoscopy Scheduled For Today

packrat

Sitting here in my diaper drinking a disgusting liquid. No food in the past 30 hours, and six more to go. Procedure is scheduled for this afternoon. The prep is awful, but the value is great. For those of you over 50, I hope that you are getting this done. The procedure is painless and the ability to prevent colon cancer is priceless. (Maybe I'll finally find my car keys.)

Rat

I had this procedure back in August, quick and easy. The prep is the worst part because the stuff they make you drink is just plain gross; the upside for me was they found a removed 4 pollups and they were all benign (Non-Cancerous). It will all be over soon packrat.

I had 2 of them and I refuse to have anymore until I reach 70.

If it wasn't for the fact they want someone to drive me there and back I wouldn't mind having them, but it's way too much trouble to get someone to drive you.

I was never dizzy or unable to drive after having them in the past.

I read somewhere that the prep is totally unnecessary, it's just less hassle for them than the quicker, less drink-disgusting-crap way. IIRC the doctor said he could prescribe something different that would be one dose and done.

Anyway, Magnesium Citrate isn't quite as terrible to drink, and it does basically the same thing. It's like a salty soft-drink. Weird, but tolerable.

the prep is necessary so clear out all stuff in your colon so they dont confuse a pollyp or tumor with fecal matter or red food dye with blood .... the drink si done the day before and no you can ot eat .... just clear liquids and than 8 -12 hours before only water ....

the 1 dose thing is an enema!!! and not as effective as the drink

You can have certain colors of jell-O but that's about it.

Nothing at all the day of the ass reaming.

Tell your proctologyst that a colonoscope is a flexible tube with an asshole at either end.

• Like 1

Sitting here in my diaper drinking a disgusting liquid. No food in the past 30 hours, and six more to go. Procedure is scheduled for this afternoon. The prep is awful, but the value is great. For those of you over 50, I hope that you are getting this done. The procedure is painless and the ability to prevent colon cancer is priceless. (Maybe I'll finally find my car keys.)

Rat

And if you have a family history of cancer, GET IT DONE SOONER!! My friend was diagnosed with colon cancer at 44.... dead at 47.

• Like 1

I had a friend that died in her late twenties of colon cancer. I had a colonoscopy done two years ago due to intestinal issues. The prep sucked. My gastro doc said that I could have chicken broth, jello and popsicles. They weren't as filling, but it helped.

Rat

Your never too young to get one done. I'm 18 and getting one done in 3 weeks. How did it go and did you have one done before? Did you feel anything afterwards? I'm some what worried that they'll tear the inside of me by just inserting something in there really fast and quick. The first time I went to the gyno the doctor shoved a long wooden stick inside me and it was super painful but the vagina produces natural lubrication so nothing bad happened from it. but there is no lube on the other end :'(

With the changes in the health care laws here in the U.S., I was finally able to have mine done a year ago. 100% of the cost is now covered by insurance as preventable procediur, no deductable! Nothing was found, I probably have the cleanest colon the doc has ever seen. I don't need to go back for 5 to 10 years. Yeah, drinking the crap that makes you crap is the worst part, but well worth it. Anyone here ever go for their colonoscopy wearing a diaper?

I had this procedure back in August, quick and easy. The prep is the worst part because the stuff they make you drink is just plain gross; the upside for me was they found a removed 4 pollups and they were all benign (Non-Cancerous). It will all be over soon packrat.

TR, I hope your doctor also explained that having multiple polyps indicates an increased risk of colon cancer, so you need to have this done more ofter than most people do. I'm in the same situation but I cannot afford the procedure, so my likely ending isn't going to be a pleasant one :(Everyone over 50 needs this done- often the first sign of colon cancer is blood in the stool, and by then it's usually too late to effectively treat :crybaby: Having seen a few people I cared deeply about leave the earth this way, I can assure you that it is a horrible way to go, and almost always could have been treated had it been found in time- and a colonoscopy is by far the best way to find it in time :mellow:

Bettypooh

Your never too young to get one done. I'm 18 and getting one done in 3 weeks. How did it go and did you have one done before? Did you feel anything afterwards? I'm some what worried that they'll tear the inside of me by just inserting something in there really fast and quick. The first time I went to the gyno the doctor shoved a long wooden stick inside me and it was super painful but the vagina produces natural lubrication so nothing bad happened from it. but there is no lube on the other end :'(

they sedate you for a colonoscopy so you are pretty much sleeping during it. and they use lots of lube.. the camera/tube is VERY small, like maybe tops, the size of your little finger..... and trust me, you've pooped something far bigger than that!! so clearly it will fit!. But yes they sedate you, than use lubricant when inserting the camera, than you wake up in recovery and fart a lot for about 30-40 min, than go home and are usually still a bit loopy from the sedation - hence the need for a driver.

but i'm now sure abotu a obgyn sticking a wooden stick up your vagina without lube? Every single time i've had a pap smear it is a very thin swab, so yes the stick is often a wood like substance (or at least appears that way)... but usually before they use the swab they have done an inspection with their hand, in whch they DO put lube on their hand first which then leaves a layer in your vagina. And the swab is literally about as thick as a Q-tip..... i mean tampons are at least 20x bigger.

• Like 1

The prep was worse than the procedure for sure. I do think the advertisements about colonoscopies are misleading when they say takes just a few hours. I wish they would inform about the prep and after time too. The gas afterwards was pretty bad too.

Well, they told me to stop drinking a few hours before, and I did not, as drinking water kept down my gut pain. So result is, I wake up, doc is pulling out, and the question is, uh, where do I Pee?

A pitcher was produced, and I think I went 2 liters and filled it to the brim.

I am told that about 20 minutes of my 2 hour appt will be the colonoscopy proper. I am almost cetain to be diapered this time and ask for a cath.

they sedate you for a colonoscopy so you are pretty much sleeping during it. and they use lots of lube.. the camera/tube is VERY small, like maybe tops, the size of your little finger..... and trust me, you've pooped something far bigger than that!! so clearly it will fit!. But yes they sedate you, than use lubricant when inserting the camera, than you wake up in recovery and fart a lot for about 30-40 min, than go home and are usually still a bit loopy from the sedation - hence the need for a driver.

but i'm now sure abotu a obgyn sticking a wooden stick up your vagina without lube? Every single time i've had a pap smear it is a very thin swab, so yes the stick is often a wood like substance (or at least appears that way)... but usually before they use the swab they have done an inspection with their hand, in whch they DO put lube on their hand first which then leaves a layer in your vagina. And the swab is literally about as thick as a Q-tip..... i mean tampons are at least 20x bigger.

I was 15 and my mom didn't let me use tampons so it really hurt. Maybe he used lube and I didn't notice. He put the stick in to help him look for a yeast infection and it wasn't a swab. It looked like a very skinny and long version of the sticks doctors use to check your tongue. But hearing this about the colonoscopy is a relief :)

Do I have to be driven home? I don't know anyone who owns a car but I can have someone take me home on the train

they sedate you for a colonoscopy so you are pretty much sleeping during it.

I had never been put under before last's spring's colonoscopy. I had no awareness of drifting to sleep. It just seemed like I blinked and they were suddenly wrapping things up, which I had initially confused with them just getting started. Slightly disorienting.

But the prep work gave me a legit excuse to diaper up. Even wore a diaper to the dr's office and brought a just in case spare with me, neither of which I ended up needing.

• Like 1

I was 15 and my mom didn't let me use tampons so it really hurt. Maybe he used lube and I didn't notice. He put the stick in to help him look for a yeast infection and it wasn't a swab. It looked like a very skinny and long version of the sticks doctors use to check your tongue. But hearing this about the colonoscopy is a relief :)

Do I have to be driven home? I don't know anyone who owns a car but I can have someone take me home on the train

I think the point is that you not drive after the procedure and generally take it easy. If you have decent public transportation, I imagine that will be fine...but where I live, not driving is almost impossible, so I have to have a driver.

I think wearing a diaper is a must! Even if you don't use it, it's just a nice piece of mind knowing its on and there. I had to run to the bathroom twice before they wheeled me away because i was worried i would have an accident. Nothing even came out at that point but it still had me worrying. Next timei'll definitely be diapered once i leave the house dor the procedure.

Being diapered at home during the cleansing process is a good idea, too. When I did this last spring, the need to hit the toilet came up pretty fast, and soon it was like a faucet back there.

For those of you keeping diaper desires secret from your partner/spouse, it's not hard to find colonoscopy sites where people recommend being diapered for this. I read the suggestion several times when I looked for info on what to expect.

(Alas, they don't say anything about pacifiers or other baby items, although if you buy diapers for the colonoscopy prep, for those into the baby side you could pick up a paci "as a joke" wink wink to go with the diapers.)

I think the point is that you not drive after the procedure and generally take it easy. If you have decent public transportation, I imagine that will be fine...but where I live, not driving is almost impossible, so I have to have a driver.

In my case they did not consider taxis, public transit or walking to be acceptable. They wanted someone in the waiting room when I was done, and would have cancelled the procedure if I didn't have someone there. YMMV, of courss - you'll want to verify their policy when you set up the appointment.

I had a colonoscopy almost three years ago. The prep is by far the worst. After several large movements. I was so tired I leaked several small amounts in my diaper. The oddest thing was when I woke up and stood, I had a totally unexpected and uncontrollable poop in my daper. I wore a pullup to the procedure and wore it home unused. The instructions I was given said to bring a change of clothes "if you are prone to incontinence." Seems a diaper would be more handy.