LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Often Do Yo Have To Pee Every Night?

Hey everyone,

I know it's been a while since I've posted anything, but I have a question. How often are you finding your self having to wakeup or get up to go pee during the night. For my self I have to go pee about every two hours, talk about tiring. So that usually equals out to five times a night I'm getting up ton go pee. I am on a diuretic so thats one cause and the second cause is I've always had a small bladder. The Diuretic I'm on I have to take two times a day one in the morning and one in the evening so changing the time when I take that medication isn't going to help. I look forward to your guys respond on how often you go during the night.

Thanks

-Paige

A good question! I guess my average is 1.5 times a night. Rare is the night I don't wake up to pee once and somewhat rare are the nights where I wake to pee three times. Twice is not unusual, maybe 6-7 times a month. I've had nights where I needed to pee 5-6 times, even when I wasn't well hydrated the day before! There's no rhyme or reason to this with me, but I can rely on waking to pee at least once a night.

Bettypooh

I'd have to say at least once. Woke up this morning at about 1 am with a damp diaper but needed to pee. Woke up again at 5 am. Diaper was a bit more wet than at 1 but not saturated at all. Had to pee again though.

On average....once for sure.....maybe twice if I have lots to drink the evening before....

For me it sometimes differes, but in an average 8 hour night I'd say 2 at the least and 5 at the most. Yes, my prostate has been checked and no problems there! I am over weight and I know as I get older I probably pee more. Used to be a time when I was a kid and also in my teens that I would sleep all night and not have to get up to pee, or if I did, it was now and then and only one time a night. I think as you get older, getting up to pee is normal.

I posted somewhere else in a forum about how some drug companies think it's wrong that you have to get up a few times a night to pee. Part of that is selling their product to help prevent you from getting up so often, Side effects are dry mouth, lots of others! Well, I once read that you produce more urine when sleeping than in the day. Perhaps it's because you are not active or sweating when you sleep. maybe not. Anyway, in the day how often do you pee? Every 2 or 3 hours? Less? More? Lets say you pee every 2 to 3 hours. That might mean getting up at least twice in the middle of the night to go pee, maybe even 3 times. Why do some of these medical drug companies think there is something wrong with that? Seems to me it's just normal unless you have a gallon capacity sized bladder! As long as you are fine medically, no prostate or bladder problems, I don't see a problem with getting up several times a night to pee (for those who don't wear their diapers to bed). Yes, I have sometimes gotten up 5 or 6 times a night to pee, especially when my mind is over worked and I have a hard time getting good quality sleep. Just make sure you have a doctor check for anything abnormal. Oh, and I'm not going to restrict my drinking of water before bed for fear of having to get up more often. With my kidney stones, it's more important for me to drink 8 12 ounce glasses of water a day.

I mostly need to get up to pee at night in winter at least once or more,In summer hardly ever exept when I had a very hard day working in the sun and drank huge amounts of water.In winter always sleep in a diaper as not to wake up my wife.

Guest fakename7

i wake to wet at least once almost every night, though occasionally sleeping through the night. Twice a night is pretty common, three or more times is less common. Personally, i want to be wetting in my sleep, and STOP waking up to wet during the night. When i start waking up every morning to a soaked diaper after sleeping through the night, i'll be pretty damn happy about it!

I pee about three times a night and am also on a diretic plus i have diabetes controlled with medications.

For me getting up and going to pee it takes me over a hour to get back to sleep .

If i just pee in my diaper without getting up i get back to sleep in 15 minites or less .

I get up two times and end up waking up early around 5 a.m. for a final one. I think part of my "problem" is that I have to do a BM shortly after eating something and hot coffee or tea. I believe my bowels are pushing on my bladder overnight, thus leading to frequent urination. In the morning I eat canteloupe a couple times a week, an apple almost every day and oranges or grapefruit once in a while.

....Personally, i want to be wetting in my sleep, and STOP waking up to wet during the night. When i start waking up every morning to a soaked diaper after sleeping through the night, i'll be pretty damn happy about it!

I feel similarly to some degree though my motivation is more to get a good night's rest than to become a bedwetter again :whistling: I have found that since I started diapering every night for bed, I can now pee while barely waking up and then I go right back to sleep as soon as the flow starts B) And the more time that is passing, the lesser is the level of my waking :blush: There are some mornings when I have to think really hard to remember how many times I woke up to pee because it has become so easy to do now :girl_happy:. If you use enough protection to prevent problems that can happen associated with bedwetting and know they work well enough to suit you, maybe you can reach this point or further in time yourself. Just relax and let it happen; the harder you try to make bedwetting happen the harder it is to achieve because you are waking yourself up to put effort into it ;) Instead, try to relax and concentrate on simply letting your body and it's bladder do whatever it wants to do in bed and in time it will :D

Bettypooh

I wouldn't want to wet while asleep, because of the chance of leaks and also becoming dependent on wearing nappies - but I do find wearing them to bed to be a real advantage when I would otherwise need to get up - just moving into position and using your nappy is much less disruptive to sleep than actually having to get up!

Hey everyone,

I know it's been a while since I've posted anything, but I have a question. How often are you finding your self having to wakeup or get up to go pee during the night. For my self I have to go pee about every two hours, talk about tiring. So that usually equals out to five times a night I'm getting up ton go pee. I am on a diuretic so thats one cause and the second cause is I've always had a small bladder. The Diuretic I'm on I have to take two times a day one in the morning and one in the evening so changing the time when I take that medication isn't going to help. I look forward to your guys respond on how often you go during the night.

Thanks

-Paige

Why don't you wear a DRY 24/7 diaper, you won't need to get up for a pee, change or wake up in the night. :D

Last night put on a secure xplus disposable diaper only to wake up this morning 7 hours later to a soaked diaper. I have to agree what was said previously, the more I wore diapers to bed the less I woke up in the night. Wear a thick diaper to bed so you do not worry about the leaks.

Today do not feel the urge.

During a sleep study two months ago I voided five times during an eight-hour period of sleep, thoroughly soaking through three gauze prefold diapers. Each voiding was, in the report, "excessive". According to the report I didn't come out of my deep level of sleep signifying that I had no awareness of the voiding. Duh! I've always been a heavy wetter, especially at night.

Usually 1-2x a night. It also takes me a long time to realize I had to pee. After I wake up, I realize I had been fighting it for a long time, sometimes upwards of an hour. It makes me wonder if I would have had better sleep if I had no control at night and went in a diaper... but I'm not trying for that.

@ poopy_dipes (and sorry for the delayed response!) I had the same problem until I began switching to a different style diaper cover nearly every night. As long as the elastics lie in a different place this will help. Also try a larger size- a friend gave me some larges (I used a medium in the same brand before this) and they fit more loosely but still worked excellently. That has made me rethink my sizing bit I haven't tried any other brands yet so YMMV ;)

@DiaperPony You will rest better by peeing sooner. I still wake up to pee, but only just enough to know I'm diapered and it's safe to do it right now :blush: And after a couple years of aiming for this I now usually wake sooner, pee less, and fall back asleep almost instantly. I am better rested every morning than any other time in my life now :D

So far it seems that around twice a night is our average but I haven't tallied the numbers in full yet. And as always, YPMV- mine certainly does! B)

Bettypooh