LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ab Versus Dl

BoTox

This is not about a war or cage death match. It is an observation.

As we all know, it takes all kinds. The net tends to cater to the AB more than the DL. One could infer from this that statistically, there are more AB than DL (by self identification) individuals online. Most of the time it seems DL is simply added on whenever AB is mentioned as if they are Siamese twins, joined at the diaper.

In practice and from my own observations, people that self identify as AB, DL or ABDL plus the whole host of variants, tend to run the spectrum of diversity.

I dare say 99.999% of all that claim any fraction of AB include diapers in their practical and fantasy world. DL's, on the other hand, when not including the AB moniker, would primarily fixate on the diapers, cloth or disposable, without the trappings of AB.

The AB and the DL all get along but they have overlapping and at the same time diverging interests.

Any other insights you can think of?

• Like 1

I think you are on the right track. I consider myself a DL, but some AB areas appeal to me. I like the thought of breastfeeding (real or simulated), especially from a nursing bra. But baby food and baby clothes have little appeal to me.

I think many of us fall in one category or another, but some such as I have "crossover" tastes, in lieu of a better term.

I think you are on the right track. I consider myself a DL, but some AB areas appeal to me. I like the thought of breastfeeding (real or simulated), especially from a nursing bra. But baby food and baby clothes have little appeal to me.

I think many of us fall in one category or another, but some such as I have "crossover" tastes, in lieu of a better term.

Oh, I think the menu is ala carte. You can have anything you want and call it a day! So, if you want big cloth diapers with a side plastic pants and breastfeeding, that's a happy meal in my book!

im not a AB or DL :P

Not to put too fine a point on it, that isn't what your avatar description says. Doesn't matter, you have some interest in diapers or you wouldn't be on this site and you wouldn't be in this forum or this particular thread either.

The point is, even mommies and daddies have some connection to diapers though I tend to consider them part of the AB crowd and/or age players.

I'm not into the "vs" thing B) Rarely is one person or thing better than another, it's more often just the diversity of life :thumbsup: I also don't think the web 'caters to' AB's more than DL's, though you will find much more AB content :huh: My reasoning is this: there is more "lifestyle" content than "hobby" content on any given subject ;) Even if both wear 24/7, the AB needs to live their life differently than the usual, while the DL can appear to be and live like your average person. That's why you see more AB than DL content- it's just natural for both of us :D

Bettypooh

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

i relate to myself as a DL, however i have very little experience with the AB side of it. however, i dont have much interest in that aspect. binkies, bottles, frilly things, mommies/daddies/sitters, etc etc, perk my curiosity very little. no real reason that i can say, honestly, just have no interest. now if my g/f was into the AB side of things, i might be able to adjust :P

• Like 1

When i've looked for dl videos almost everything seems to be AB oriented. I'm strictly DL. No offense to AB's but the videos I've watched where the male is acting like a baby and having sex, I just have this overwhelming feeling to inflict pain upon him. I'm okay with if you want to act like a baby and wear diapers, behind closed doors. But people wonder why we get the are you a pedo comment, especially if you've seen any of these videos. I love to wear diapers but AB's having sex acting like babies just really pisses me off!

Yes - some baby things appeal... diapers, plastic pants. I want them to be baby-like. I love suckling when my wife is wearing a nursing bra (takes care of 2 fetishes :) ) and I would love to have my diapers changed.

I tend to think of this is about where my mind is. I want to think as an adult and be an adult experiencing these... To me this is what separates DL from AB.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

You know, this happens all the time to a lot of people of different races, and different ethnicities also. What happens is people clump a single group together as one, when indeed, they are two separate things altogether.

There are people in the American population that think because a person is black, that they are troublemakers, listen to rap, and speak in slang all the time. This just simply is not the case. Me myself, I am a black male 32 years old, I hate rap, and I usually speak very clearly and intellectually. I don't fit what some of the American population would consider a normal black male.

Keeping within the vain of this topic, there are a lot of people that confuse adult babies, and diaper lovers. Me myself, I started out as a diaper lover, and converted to an adult baby. There is a distinct difference between the two. I really don't need to go into the details of the differences, but we all know what they are.

The thing that irritates me the most out of anything else, is when people think that adult babies and diaper lovers or pedophiles. I, never in my entire life, have ever wanted to have a sexual relationship with a child. Just because I like to be treated as an infant doesn't mean that I choose to have sex with one.

Yeah everything blurs together and everything also doesn't blur together. Humans and the social structures they build are big complex things and you can find all sorts of interesting variations of all sorts of interesting behaviors. Just as there is blurring between DL and AB there's also blurring between those fetishes and others. For example it seems no matter what the fetish is you can always find people that blend it with BDSM. BDSM seems like it's the universal solvent of fetishes. Works with pretty much everything.

For me the AB stuff holds no interest. Just speaking for myself the contrast of and adult acting like an adult who is also wearing diapers is part of the appeal. If you add in the AB elements the appeal kinda falls apart.

I'm generally like that with a lot of things. I like contrast in my life in general. Like my apartment is decorated with Elizabethan and mid-century modern future. I also like the contrast of cute with gruesome violence. The anime/manga Elfen Lied is a good example of that, and to sorta get back on topic there's some diaper wearing content in the manga. One of the secondary characters wears diapers. She doesn't appear in the anime though.

More interesting thoughts! Yes, it often seems that a single commonality will elicit a universal connection for those on the outside. While those of us "in" either group and the whole gradient of everything in between, we ourselves have accepted the generic ABDL as defining us.

Not necessarily a bad thing as we seem to have varying degrees of affinity to different items that bond us together more than tear us apart.

As for the stereotypical black image described by bABy Care Bear, it exists in all cultures and all ethnic types. The Serbs and Bosnians, the Brits and the Irish, Sunnis and Shiites, everywhere there is someone that looks at some other geopolitical/racial/religious group as undesirable.

I know blacks, Mexicans, Pakistanis and Indians that are more civil and speak better than some of the white rednecks I grew up with. Being raised that way is not your fault, choosing to remain ignorant after you have been exposed to the falseness of a stereotype is all on you.

In the immortal words of the late Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along!"

• 2 months later...

I'd say there are the AB, DL, and Incontinent camps. Of course there is much blending of these. I'm only in the incontinent group. AB has no appeal and I hate having to wear diapers. But I have also realized that my body has betrayed my so many times that even if I had full control right now, I don't know how long it would take to stop wearing diapers. I've had too many times of "getting better" and "gaining control" only to have it suddenly gone. When I last had a time of good control, I was constanly on edge and didn't realize it was because I wasn't wearing a diaper. I've already made the firm decision that then I have times of "good control" that I will continue to wear a diaper for at least a year before I even think that my incontinence has improved.

But since this is a degenertive condition and those times are getting far fewer, and relapses happen sooner and with no warning, I doub't I'll ever be out of diapers. My urologist is strongly suggesting that I get a stent to make myself more incontinent to reduce the risk of urinary retention and the associated kidney issues.

• Like 1

There's people who are pure AB or DL, a combination of the two, and overlaps with lots of other fetishes like watersports, medical, plastic/rubber, BDSM etc. Probably no two people are the same in exactly what they enjoy and want to get from it!

• Like 1

There's people who are pure AB or DL, a combination of the two, and overlaps with lots of other fetishes like watersports, medical, plastic/rubber, BDSM etc. Probably no two people are the same in exactly what they enjoy and want to get from it!

And this is not about actual AB vs DL, more about where on the sliding scale of one extreme or the other that people identify with.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Always thought of myself as strictly DL, mainly due to the sexual thrill I get from wearing and wetting. But since meeting my lovely g/f I find that I have some leanings torwards some aspects of the AB lifestyle.

She has been great, accepting my 'thing', helping me enjoy my time in nappies, and it's the love I feel for her and the great care she takes of me whilst I'm wearing that has drawn me towards discovering a different side.

I am more DL if anything. I do admit that I have some AB tendecies. I like being diapered instead of being the one that has to do it all the time. It sucks. I only wish that my husband would do it properly...he makes the diaper fit too loosely for my taste. He gives the excuse that he doesn't know what he is doing...ha! I am not into pacifiers or wanting to sleep in a baby bed, but I do like wearing onesies if you will to hide my diapers...I am very self conscious about it. I don't need the whole world know that I have to wear.

I consider myself a diaper lover and an adult baby. I like diapers and enjoy wearing them. I also like pacifiers and bottles and I like to be babied and be treated as a little. I don't think you can be an adult baby and wear diapers and not be a diaper lover or why else would you be wearing them? That is why it's called AB/DL. Unless you are incontinent, then that is different.

But I am mostly a DL because I wear diapers more often and I do it 24/7. But what makes me AB is I like bottles and pacifiers and I feel young inside and it matches my childish personality so I took it to bottles and pacifiers in my late teens. Then sippy cups in my twenties. I have just learned to have sex as a baby because my husband needed it and it's his fetish and to me it's like having sex with a child but not to him because I am an adult. I got used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore. That is the only way I can get my diaper changed so there. Having my diaper get changed by someone else is what also makes me AB. I never liked it with sex but I got used to it and I don't mind it anymore. But I would still rather have my diaper changed the normal way.