LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Damn You Cvs!

This is why i hate chain drugs stores.

Was in CVS yesterday waiting on some prescriptions and saw an older lady buying Depend for Women pull-ups and underpads.

The store does not carry and diaper-style protection for adults so she was clearly stuck with the pull-ups, and knowing they wouldn't be enough needed bed protection as well. CVS has bought out almost all of the independent stores here, so folks without the Internet are forced to buy inferior protection due to lack of options.

It annoys the crap out of me!

Confucius say; "Person who wear inferior diaper all wet"

• Like 1

That's when you sidle on up next to her with a business card listing superior diaper vendors who have internet AND telephone ordering.....

Come on man....you really dropped the ball here :P

Was in CVS yesterday waiting on some prescriptions and saw an older lady buying Depend for Women pull-ups and underpads.

The store does not carry and diaper-style protection for adults so she was clearly stuck with the pull-ups, and knowing they wouldn't be enough needed bed protection as well. CVS has bought out almost all of the independent stores here, so folks without the Internet are forced to buy inferior protection due to lack of options.

Doesn't Walgreens have the tape type briefs?

the CVS used to a have a decent plastic backed diaper at one point.... when they switched to "clothlike" they went to .....pooo also now many stores only carry the underwear now.... getting bad...

I'm not sure it would have been appriciated if a stranger went up to an elderly woman and started telling her where she could buy better diapers to wear. True, it would have been helpful to the person but I'm not sure she would have wanted others to know she wore or needed those products, or at least someone to go up to her and talk about them. Also, if anyone ever does, make sure you are out of the store or the store might take exception to you telling one of there customer's where else to go to buy their products. Who knows? Maybe she would have appriciated the information, maybe not. Maybe she dosn't have a computer, either. Lots of older people do not have computers or the internet, and I would think that she would have checked out mail order places on the internet to buy diapers if she knew how to.

Maybe we are jumping to a conclusion that she needed the protection of a diaper full time just because she was an older lady. We might be guilty of predjuduce just because she was elderly. She might just be one of theose who needs light bladder protection when she laughs or sneezes, not full time loss of bladder control. It's a touchy situation at best, going up and talking to her about the personal products she's buying.

I've noticed this sad situation as well. Having only one diaper left, I went to all my local drug stores today only to find that they've all stopped carrying depends diapers in my size. Or anything in my size for that matter, aside from pull ups. Having a size 28 waist has its drawbacks, I guess.

As for giving unasked for advice, the employees won't say a thing, I'll guarantee it. A CVS or a Walgreens employee has no incentive to do so. You may have noticed that most elderly people are more than willing to share their medical information in casual conversation so if you're behind her in line, or find some other pretense to voice your opinion, it may behoove you to make a snide remark about the quality and availability of store brand diapers and see where that goes.

You know you're a nerd when you see the title of this thread and think "I agree Concurrent Version System is a pain, I'd recommend switching to SVN, it's excellent for source control" :)

But, diapers are a more fun topic ;-)

--Lex

I use CVS-brand briefs all the time, although recently I went through a package of Abena X-Plus briefs that I ordered online. I have to say that the CVS briefs just aren't the same now that I've tried a thicker, plastic-backed diaper.

I always thought it would be interesting to work at a drug store (or grocery store or department store that sells adult diapers) just to see which types of people buy them.

I've worked at a grocery store... it really Depends.

Oh ho ho, I crack myself up. But when the store closed, they were some of the first things that got sold out, but we had lots of older shoppers so not really surprising.

I ran into the same problem tonight- hit 3 different CVS stores in the space of 2 days, nothing... just that weaksauce clothlike-backed crap.

I know I should buy better diapers but the CVS Depends or whatever were at least good for a cheap "fix". They were at least crinkly and smooshy enough that if you stacked a few of them you could trick yourself into believing you had a "real" diaper on. Not good for real hard core AB/DL use but good enough to work for a diaper fix during a nap or whatever. Or good enough when you have nothing else!

Now these stores are just filled with crap that's basically created to try to fool insecure people into believing they're not wearing a diaper. Actually even calling the things diapers is sort of insulting to diapers, they're just

pad-like things. Ugh.

I was recently in a CVS Pharmacy and noticed the same thing. They no longer carry anymore of the Depend style adult diapers. I used to get them all the time because they had the plastic backing and the absorbancy I wanted. However, I can't just walk up to an employee and say " Hey Im looking for the adult sized diapers. Do you have any?" Its not like they would know in the first place and It would be embarrassing. I checked 3 other CVS pharmacy's and got the same result. With CVS being the dominate pharmacy around, there really isn't any other place I can go.

The Wallgreens (at least the ones around here) carry Depends "Maximum Protection." They are thin with six tapes, but still have a plastic backing.

As for the lower-end products, they are here to stay. Our diapers are like checking accounts - we plan on using them. For a portion of the population, they are just looking for insurance policies - something that will only limit the damage, but that they don't plan on ever using. These will be oversold, because a still third group will buy the lesser product to avoid admitting that they need a real diaper.