LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Buying Diapers

BoTox

I have ordered diapers online and had good luck but there is nothing that beats the thrill of finding good diapers on the shelf. Well, finding good diapers on the shelf WHILE wearing a diaper is the best feeling in the world.

I've found a local shop that carries the Tranquility ATN and Slimline models. Throughout my travels, I've stumbled upon Tenas, Attends and Molicares on store shelves.

Waterproof pants are a lot harder to come by but I have seen them on the shelf in a few places but they look like they've been there for a few years.

My personal rule is to always be in a wet diaper when I buy diapers. Definitely not hard to accomplish these days.

I especially like when they ask me if I need a bag to put them in. I usually say, "If you have one, otherwise don't worry about it."

Some places have pretty big bags, some do not and I just carry them out. I'm old enough that people may think they are for me or for an elderly parent but it doesn't bother me either way as long as they are strangers.

How about your diaper purchases?

Years ago I was using Attends and you could readily find those at most drug stores. I enjoyed being wet when I shopped as well but I always had a secret desire to be found out somehow. I also didn't care if my Attends were bagged at the checkout either. It was if that was a rush in and of itself. Now many years later I really prefer to shop online. I wear Dry 24/7's and shop at xpmedical (online) only. I am on an auto ship and receive a case every five weeks or so, much more convenient that the shop at home method.

Yes, I remember when Attends were at least as prevalent as Depend are now, maybe more so. I even saw a few local stores that carried the Promise brand before they went to the Tena name.

I'm not much into the showing off and getting caught scenario. I prefer to slide under the radar, be invisible and just enjoy my kink.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Anyone have any shopping stories or techniques they use when diaper browsing in the real world?

Me personally, if I'm away from home, I am upfront about them being for me and if asked have a night problem. If local, I don't offer but if asked will say they are for my spouse/mother depending on how they lead the conversation.

I've had some interesting discussions with the sales people over the years and never one I'd consider demeaning or humiliating. If you deal with it maturely, they respond is my finding.

I just go, pick up what I want to buy and buy them! It's better for me to buy when out of town so I don't run into anyone I know.

When I go to an out of town medical supply store looking for either adult diapers or plastic pants, usually a clerk will ask if they can help me. I ask what disposable incontinence products they carry and usually they show me the pull on underwear. I then tell them my incontinence is very heavy and I need the tape on briefs. Sometimes they will ask me if I'm looking for the pull on style or the diaper style, thinking I'm buying them for someone else. Sometimes they will ask me the size of the paitient and thats when I'll tell them they are for me, I'm incontinent. Again, if I'm shown the underpants, I will tell them I need tape on briefs. I usually don't call them "diapers", at least not right away. Usually the clerks are very helpful in showing the products and offering to order a case if they don't have a brand in stock. After all, they are in that business and see people of all ages needing anything from crutches, mastectomy products and diapers.

I've stated before, if anyone is scared to buy diapers for themselves in a store, just do this; Put a 20 dollar bill in a white envelope and put that in your pocket. Go to the store, buy things you need for yourself and then put the diapers you need in your cart. When checking out, put the other products up on the counter and pay for them with money from your wallet. Then put the diapers up, ask for them to be rung up separatly and pay with the $20 from the envelope. Make sure you ask for a recipt and put that along with any change back in the envelope. Anyone from the checker to other customers will think you are running an errand for someone else.

One time many many years ago when I was in my early 20's, I went to a Hooks drug store and bought a couple bag of disposable diapers. Yes, I was wearing one at the time. I was the only one in the store and the woman clerk apologized that they wouldn't fit in a bag and she didn't have a bag big enough for them. I told her, "It's OK. Everyone already knows I wear diapers." I walked across the parking lot with those bags of diapers in my hand and put them in the trunk of my car. Don't remember the reaction of the clerk or if there even was one.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

I have one local medical supply store where I live that actually sells the Abena brand. I prefer the plastic backed diapers as they seem to do better for me, but I've had to use cloth backed. They have worked well so far with an exception of minor leaks.

• 3 weeks later...

I love this topic. A huge thrill for me is buying diapers, I can still remember that first time I bought adult diapers and the feeling I got. It's like having your secret exposed for a few seconds. I love buying diapers from a really pretty cashier as well, just a nice few seconds. I have been buying diapers from a private company for a while now because they have the kind I like, Abena Molicare and Unique Wellness, but that thrill of going into a store and buying diapers in front of everyone was always my favorite.

I buy from shops rather than online, I don't want to end up with junk mail from companies advertising adult nappies!!

I do feel embarrassed buying in shops and always think that someone I know will be there which is why I go to shops a little way from home, if they ask I they are for me when I'm in the shop

I say yes and that I am suffering side effects at night from medication that I'm on.

• Like 1

I remember back in the days where buying diapers was a lot easier because you could find them in lot of supermarkets or department stores or drug stores. Now they're very hard to find. You can only rely on medical supply stores now. We have become the UK. I buy online now. Lot easier and more selection. I used to get nervous when buying in stores now i don't much anymore. I had gotten used to it. I still buy in thrift stores however. I think i am at a point now where I wouldn't mind saying they're for me if i ever have a nosy cashier. I would never see her again and she may never see me again so who cares.

• Like 2

I buy at retail regularly and usually at my nearest pharmacy. It has ceased to mean anything to me except that I am buying something I need :mellow: But I will not tolerate ill mannered clerks, just the same as with anything I happen to buy. They do not have any right to ask me anything, they do not have any right to act in any discourteous manner toward me or any other customer, and on the few occasions when I felt any offense I made that point clear- and informed the clerk that if they didn't get their act together I would be taking it up with their Manager :o Once they see my point is stronger than theirs they learn to behave. The worst I get now is for some clerks not bagging my purchase. I do occasionally have to ask for that. One of these days I might run into someone I know while buying, but that might be years from now so it doesn't bother me.Still, I do check out the cars in the parking lot and look at the customers in the store when I go in, just in case I do know someone in there that I don't want this exposed to so that I can avoid them. With me the bottom line is that I need diapers, I wear diapers, and so what? :P There are a lot of others who need them too or the store wouldn't be selling them, so there- no problem B)

• Like 1

Excellent discussion. Anyone buy off of craigslist? I find some bargains there as well. I enjoy the ambiguity of buying in person, store or individual, and seeing how they assume the intended user is. About 1/3 of the time they assume it is me. The rest of the time they seem to assume it is for a loved one. As I age and gray, I wonder how the dynamic of it will change?

• 1 month later...

I can agree with those who say there aren't any decent adult diapers in stores these days. It's pretty tough finding them, that being said everytime I've bought them was exciting for me and I always looked forward to it. One exception was a time I walked out of a pharmacy carrying an old school bag of Depends and I ran into this guy from my school who beat me up on a regular basis. I was scared to death the minute I saw him and I turned and darted the other direction. Somehow he never saw me, but I remember thinking the entire weekend that I was going to get it bad when i got to school monday morning but he never said anything, luckily.

I've bought off craigslist here in Kansas City. I bought everything the woman had because they were my size and the price was right. There were like 6 bags of ATN's and a trash bag with loose diapers of a brand I was unfamiliar with. I check out craigslist regularly but lately everything seems to be either a size I can't use, cloth backed or pullups which I have no interest in. The nice thing is it only takes a few seconds to go into the health and beauty section and type in diapers in the search box and it's like a treasure hunt.

There is a store in Miami that sells Molicare Super Plus that I visit when I'm in town. There is a shop in the city I work that sells the Tranquility line in store including ATN. You just have to keep scouting around and go inside the shop you've passed a 100 times.

My local Craigslist covers several large towns, but it's rare to see decent diapers on there :screwy: One local guy seems to have a regular supply of 'PerFit" pullups at a decent price ;) I buy from him when the money is tight here because even as crappy as these are, they still keep my pants dry which is the whole idea anyway :whistling: Still, this is a good place to watch for bargains :D

The other day I bought Promise and a pack of Dry Comfort diapers at a Goodwill. I carry them all around the door to the check out and I put them on the counter. I feel no trace of nervousness. I have gotten so used to it, I don't feel anything anymore when buying them. But they didn't have any bags that could fit them all in so that would mean carrying out four paper sacks and I didn't want that. The cashier asked me if I wanted to carry them out in my arms or have them put in paper sacks but it would be four sacks I would have to carry. I told her I would just carry them in my hands and I did. So I walked out the store and in the parking lot and I was not nervous at all.

My best reaction with a cashier was when I'd put a pack of adult disposables down along with a box of huggies wipes (the kind that used to come in the lego-style box).

I 've long since stopped worrying about who might see me when i buy my diapers at a store. I mostly order online but i do buy some thinner diapers at Walgreens, The certainty brand, and always go to the same store where people i know shop. I need them and thats the way i look at it and i just don't get embarressed about it anymore. The worst reactions i've had a few raised eyebrows .