LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Public Wetting Beyond Your Comfort Zone

Horndog

When you go out diapered in public, you always run that risk of embarrassment (i.e. leaks).

Have you ever gotten to a point when you wet and you're thinking, "Uh oh. I don't know if my diaper can handle this!"?

This happened to me today. I was running errands for several hours today, and I went out padded because I haven't in a while. I wet once during lunch, and when I went to a store, I began to wet again, but I could feel my outside pants getting warmer. I thought, "Yikes, this is bad," but it turned out that the outside of the diaper was warm, and it felt "wet." It just didn't seep onto my clothes. Close call.

i am stuck with tranquility ATN until B4NS gets more shipments of bambino's.. so yes

Tranqulity ATN is great, but it does leak after a bit

I was at school in the computer lab and my diaper leaked a little bit (not sure if it was noticeable to other people but I could tell it leaked)

it didn't leak that much, but i was a tiny bit nervous getting up and hoping nobody i know saw it.

This is why I like the 'extended wear' type of heavier diapers. They can take a LOT and I know what they can do and don't have to really worry :thumbsup: on a trip back from Las Vegas a few years ago, I was wearing an Abena X under my shorts. I had a lot to drink earlier at breakfast with Bri and by the time I got back into town, I was soaked, but not leaking. I do remember being concerned though, since the thing was soaked, and I did need to 'go' again, that it might not be able to handle this last flood, so I waited instead :blush: I usuallly don't have a problem though ;)

I have leaked (especially when I using cheaper diapers). Never been called on it, and I leakage hidden. When I'm out in public for long time, I tend avoid a major wetting. I will go in the bathroom when I'm concerned about wetting beyond the capacity of the diaper.

i have never gotten the urge to wear a diaper in public, i generally only wear at night... but i'm kind of fortunate should i ever decide to in that i have a small bladder (or more likely overactive bladder disease, but i'm embarassed to talk to my doctor about it, which is sad considering i'm a nurse :rolleyes: but i digress) anyway, while i'm awake i typically have to pee at least once every hour if not every half-hour and it's always a pretty small quantity. i have rarely had a problem with diapers leaking because i don't ever flood them, i fill them very slowly and if i ever have leakage it's usually just because i'm sleeping and roll over in a weird position. so i guess i'm at an advantage there.

• Like 2

A few nights ago I was wearing two abenas under my jeans, and I wanted icecream!! Walgreens was open, so I went there. I would never go out again in 2 Abena X Plusses, it gives you a huge waddle!

i have never gotten the urge to wear a diaper in public, i generally only wear at night... but i'm kind of fortunate should i ever decide to in that i have a small bladder (or more likely overactive bladder disease, but i'm embarassed to talk to my doctor about it, which is sad considering i'm a nurse :rolleyes: but i digress) anyway, while i'm awake i typically have to pee at least once every hour if not every half-hour and it's always a pretty small quantity. i have rarely had a problem with diapers leaking because i don't ever flood them, i fill them very slowly and if i ever have leakage it's usually just because i'm sleeping and roll over in a weird position. so i guess i'm at an advantage there.

Wow that is such the diaper lovers dream. For me I'm the opposite, I don't even feel the need to go for 4-6 hours and then I flood. For a DL that is the worse thing as even expensive diapers basically take one heavy flood, they certainly can't take two which is all I do, sure if I flooded and then did small ones it could take more. So basically have to change after one flood to avoid leaks.

If you read my blog you wouldn't have to ask me. I always have a change ready (well 99.9% of the time) but on really bad days it takes more than that. My "close calls" and rare "accidents" usually happen when a day goes bad without warning. I can usually tell if my bladder is going to go into overdrive in the morning- then I can prepare for it. But sometimes- "it" happens. Before I switched to better pull-ups, one day at work saw me soak 3 diapers before lunchtime, with the third and last one I had with me on the verge of leaking and me holding on for dear life until I could go home to fix the situation at lunchtime. On many occasions I've just barely gotten home or even just to my car before an unstoppable flood soaked me thoroughly.

I generally start looking for a chance to change when there seems to be less than a normal bladder-full absorbency left, then change in time to avoid leaks- but in diapers there are no guarantees except that if you wear and wet, sooner or later you will leak. Sometimes it's a bad judgement call on the wearer's part, sometimes a failed diaper covering or plastic panty, sometimes clothing intrudes inside the diaper, but be certain it will happen to you too, just the same as everyone else. Learn to smile and go on at times like those- sometimes that's about the best you can do!

Bettypooh

Wow that is such the diaper lovers dream. For me I'm the opposite, I don't even feel the need to go for 4-6 hours and then I flood. For a DL that is the worse thing as even expensive diapers basically take one heavy flood, they certainly can't take two which is all I do, sure if I flooded and then did small ones it could take more. So basically have to change after one flood to avoid leaks.

it would be awesome if I was diapered frequently, but since I have to use the potty monster 99% of the time it's terribly annoying... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I use the potty monster whenever I am at work, school, or about town, and the majority of time when I am at home. When you change yourself, it uses up much less time to just use the toilet. It would be awesome if was not only diapered most of the time, but had someone to change me!!!

I've really only worried about leaks when wearing a cheaper brand of diaper besides Bambino's or Dry 24/7's. I've had Attends leak on me after the very first wetting and I'm not even a big wetter....volume wise so I tend to avoid the cheaper brands now....

I'll just say that I'm not an exhibitionist but I just love the times when I can wet in public without fear of ramifications :)

When I'm diapered (which is often), I don't try to hold it. I try to relax my bladder so I dribble instead of holding it in until I can't and flooding my diaper. This has helped me cut down on leaks. I usually use the Walgreens/ Rite Aide/ Depends diapers. When I'm out in public and diapered, I carry a spare diaper or two (depending on how long I'm gonna be out) in my purse or bookbag, just in case, and I wear dark blue or black jeans. I tend to wear longer shirts, cuz I'm paranoid of my shirt riding up and someone seeing the top of my diaper sticking out of my jeans.

It happened to me once. I was on a long driving trip, wearing a depend overnight. I can't pee while driving, so I stopped at a rest area and flooded it. Then, I went inside to change. When I got back to the car and sat down, I felt my shorts were wet - it had leaked a little in the backside of both legs. I recalled getting a funny look as I exited the men's room - that must have been why...

I think Bettypooh said it, if you wear and wet, eventually you will have a leak. Just had a situation the other day where I was travelling and wet my Tranquility Slim-line (not bad usually for a wetting and 1/2) and I felt the inside of my leg feeling damp. I wear a cotton brief and plastic pants over that to avoid the telltale leak marks. Well when I could get a chance, I checked as it did not seem to be a wetting that should have caused a problem. Alas all the wear and tear of packing my diapers had put a couple of pinholes in the front of the diaper. It held alot, but it also leaked and my cotton undies were quite wet. Almost completely contained in the plastic pants except for a bit of wicking into the elastic leg band which was what I had noticed. Luckily dark pants and damp usually does not make much of a teltale mark. Not always the case but this time it was. I have had other more noticeable leaks when I have pushed the diaper beyond capacity...happens every once in a while while running between planes and no chance to change. It resulted in a comment a couple of times and certainly a look or two but stuff happens though these have always been really minor spots showing and not a major leak. In the leak above, had I not had some extra layers it would have been really difficult to deal with the leaky outcome!

im not fussed about leaks.. i do wear very thirsty abenas and large soaker pads so its good for a hell of a good wetting.... at work i wear black combats and its almost impossibe to tell if i have sprung 1.... :thumbsup:

I too wear Abenas (L4) but I sit down at work all day and sometimes will still leak. I've learned to wear a diaper cover over my abenas which will catch the first part of any leaks and give me more warning that I am leaking. that said, I still don't worry about it. If I leak, then oh well.

I have had the leaks with cheaper diapers, just don't flood them. With a more expensive diaper Abena, Secure X-Plus they will hold a lot more. You just need to know the limits of what ever diaper your using. And if possible have a spare. As one who doesn't wear out in public very often, I have had leaks and the embarrising stares. Not good, that's why I decided to move to a better capacity diaper. Just my 2 cents.

Since I only wear diapers out at night, not too concerned with leaks. But I did not quite trust it. Even with an expensive diaper like an Abena, when you walk your clothes could move the diaper ever so slightly causing a gap though which a leak would spring!

The only time i have wet my diaper in public was one time when i was driving home from a buisness trip. It's a 4hr drive which i took quite often. I put the diaper on before i left and got to the halfway point where i always fill up the car with gas and use the washroom inside. As i was filling up the gas i couldnt hold my blatter and i ended up letting go, but then when i finished paying gas i held in the rest, went inisde and had to go to the atm machine and i let out the rest, i was so worried that the diaper wouldnt hold it and it would leak, but it didnt. Got back in my car and drove another 2 hours home wearing a wet diaper...that was the first time i ever did that.

it would be awesome if I was diapered frequently, but since I have to use the potty monster 99% of the time it's terribly annoying... :rolleyes:

Sounds like wearing them all the time would be of benefit to you if you have to go that often, the fact you like them would be a bonus!

I've leaked in a lot of situations - I don't always have a good sense of when my diaper is close to leaking..... If there's a kind of diaper training I need, it's that.

Nobody has ever said anything, though. I wear pretty dark jeans and if they do notice, they probably think I spilled a drink or something

I had an experience that wasn't a true wetting, but had similar connotations.

I was driving out to a class and had a mug of coffee right between my legs. It spilled over, which looked and felt like I had just wet my pants. I was running late, so I did the best I could to dry up my pants, but they were still damp when I got to class. I had to explain what happened to my girlfriend (who didn't know about my diaper feelings), and she made some sly comment that I should have brought an extra set of cloths with me.