LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

All The Hype Over An Ab/Dl "Symbol"...

...How about these working classic Fisher Price Toys in keychain form? At least for the AB's and the younger AK's among us! I'm going to be getting one, probably.

Seriously though, why do some people put so much thought into trying to create a symbol to encompass ALL of the ABDL community? Somebody is going to get left out or disagree with something. I know there is already a general symbol, but not everyone likes it. So not to be pessimistic, but why do people bother with it? To get a sense of community? To seek out others? To know they're not alone?

I personally think about it sometimes because of acceptance - I want to be able to feel like a part of the community, instead of an "other". I'm not really sure how to explain aside from what's written on my profile, but I'd like to feel like I belong. However, I don't think the symbol will ever give me that feeling since one symbol can't cover everyone...This community is too diverse.

What do you guys think? Do you think about the symbol - if so, why? Do you think it's a waste of time?

~ moogle

Maybe something simple like taking an ordinary key of any type, like house, car, lock, and paint it a primary color.(Got the idea from the key chain above)

Put it on a key chain or on your belt loop, pin it on a coat or jacket or shoe.

We all have keys for something we either no longer use or have, and if you don't you can buy a blank at any store for under a dollar.

Then if you wish assign colors for AB ABDL, Sissy etc.

Then we could all have a fight over what color it should be for each, or better yet VOTE our choices.

Depending on which walk of life you're from, advertising your ABDLness can certainly be asking for trouble. I've never found my advertising of my littleness to be a problem. The reason I don't see much of a need for a 'symbol' is that I'm identified as little by my lifestyle. Most people aren't comfortable doing it, but I think the fact that I have either a binkie or my thumb in my mouth at all times while holding Mommy's hand in public is probably enough of a dead give away to most who would be looking out for a 'symbol' anyway.

I was interested in finding a symbol a few years ago before I fully realized my identity. I've never been shy about who I am and have always been on the lookout for people like me, in pretty much any aspect. I think people want to use a symbol be able to subtly identify others with whom they share common interests, in the same way someone might use a bumper sticker.

Whether in public or on the internet, there are ways to identify yourself with enough subtlety that you won't be exposed, but that is left to your own discretion.

It was said many years ago in tommys newsletter about taking a peice of cloth putting pinked edges on it and sticking in a pocket.differant colors for boy or girl.In anouther newsletter someone said putting either ab or dl on them.Ring any bells for anyone?

Yes. Also suggested was putting toy keys on a toy keyring and letting them stick out of a back pocket

The problem is that any item that has a secret meaning would probably attract unwanted attention. The only way that this kind of thing would be useful would be if it is concealable until you entered a very crowded environoment where things are not noticed by those not looking for them or a target-rich environment where the advertised characteristic would not be out of place. I would not wear my tiara to a football game but I would to an LG camp

Over teh years, many have suggested using symbols / badges or some other paraphernalia to identify each other to each other. They included -

Badges - diaper pin with pink / blue head and brown / yellow colouring to identify the extent

Wearing a diaper pin on ones belt.

Putting a diaper pin on ones bunch of keys

and many others.

Tommy did make a few suggestions, as did many others over the years. None seem to have caught on, which to me, signifies and confirms what I suspect - that most AB/DL do not wish to be identified, and those of us who do, can easily be identified as from their obviously infantile behaviour.

It takes a lot of courage to openly admit on a website your true name / address / occupation etc, or something that can identify you - and that is to like minded individuals where, most of the time, we play nice with each other. However, it is a whole different story to openly admit to total strangers your lifestyle choice. The reason I state that you would be admitting to strangers is that, in my case, if I saw someone with, for example, a keyring that depicts a pair of feet, it wouldn't be long before I ran a Google search to identify the significance. As a result, I, as a total stranger to said person, could be able to state that said person has a interest in such. The same situation will occur if one or more of us decide to use a diaper pin or other notification device in public view.

Unless you feel comfortable discussing your interest with your workmates & boss & family & friends, a form of public notification is not usually a good idea in my opinion.

This, and other similar sites have a forum for arranging meetings with like people in public where we use something like the wearing of a red rose of similar to identify us. Therefore, the general public do not need to know, nor will they ever find out that the people meeting is for AB/DL play.

I see a symbol as a sort of secret code that only someone in the know would know the true significance, other people just see something normal, but someone in the know would be able to see the coloring, and it'd click for them, like "oh, this is someone I have something in common with!"

Symbols do different things. sometimes they are encryptions, other times they are open identifiers, like trademarks or hallmarks and sometimes they show rank and yet others they are a visual represenatation of characteristics that a person admires

When I brought the tiara fancy to the LG"S at GirlTalk to it was taken in almost immediately some 8 years ago, First for its symbolic value (ballet, princess, pageant) then for the esthetic value (it is "pretty"; very feminine looking). several of the girls ended up getting more than one tiara as "the spirit moved" them (Li'l Vickie, Spinner Grace, Little Karen Marie) I also broght in the idea of the Hasbro 12" doll with the large head and painted eyes as the official Fairy doll (you can see mine standing in my headboard in my bedroom pictures in one of my galleries) and that became a fact explicitly as the result of a Yahoo poll; 4 votes yes and 0 no. I also brought up the discussion of feminine fonts, which I can supply to persons if they want, having learned how to write in a feminine hand (with some effort) and learning specifically how girls and ladies write.

As somebody that has a need for diapers that is fetish related and a need for medical reasons, I don't have any desire to "out" myself on either count. From the fetish standpoint I feel that birds of a feather flock together and meeting others in the community for non sexual purposes is something I would enjoy. I wouldn't tell others outside the community, however as I just don't see anything to gain from it. From a medical need standpoint this is what I consider a very mild form of disability but I don't need or want anyone to feel sorry for me because my bladder has some shortcomings so I would never advertise it. This is just my personal philosophy and for those that want to be open with everybody I don't have any problem with that, it's a free country and you're not hurting me any.

Hugs,

Freta

I am DL and not AB but I've never had a need to advertise it to others walking down the street. With sites like this one, people who are AB or DL will most likely do web serches and eventually come across this and other sites. This is where people now days seem to meet like minded people, not out on the street. If you did see someone with a secreat AB/DL symbol walking down the street, would you go up to them, a stranger, and start talking to them about diapers?

A senario: AB/DL's world wide get together and decide on a secrate symbol, such as a colored piece of cloth or design to wear on their shirt. An AB decides he's going for a walk thoughout the neighborhood with his new symbol. Car drives by, sees him and opens fire killing the AB! Turns out, the rival gang in the area has that same symbol or one almost exactly like it! The local gang sees a "rival member" in their neighborhood and takes them out!

Sure, that's not likely to happen, but that's one reason I don't like wearing a secrate symbol, no matter what the meaning of it is supposed to be. Wearing symbols is for gangs in my opinion (with the exception of regular legitimate clubs like ELKS and Masons which I'm not too happy about either).

rusty pins scenario might be a little far fetched, but I see the additional problem of explaining any such symbol to anyone who doesn't know you are an abdl. Husband, wife, partner doesn't know or doesn't like the ab side..."Why do you have that colored key...What is that piece of cloth sticking out of your pocket?" And there would certainly be hard to answer questions about a diaper pin stuck in your lapel! These symbols would be fine for people who wouldn't be bothered by probing questions.

Those keychains are cute though! Do you suppose any of them would double as a bottle opener? That would serve a double purpose AND I've been looking for bottle openers that don't look like bottle openers. There's my explanation...well, because of my job, position, etc I don't want to show off a bottle opener on my key-chain. This is cute and frivolous and no one would guess... And to those who don't know me well, "It was a gift from my grandchildren...isn't it cute?"

Why do we need a symbol,most of us dont like to advertise to the outside world.

It would be of great help to some of us, who don't live anywhere where any AB/DLs are known to live, to be able to spot another kindred spirit. It could well be that there are severial of us, in the area, but none of us have any way of identifying eachother as such, and thus, think that that we're alone in the area...

Over teh years, many have suggested using symbols / badges or some other paraphernalia to identify each other to each other. They included -

Badges - diaper pin with pink / blue head and brown / yellow colouring to identify the extent

Wearing a diaper pin on ones belt.

Putting a diaper pin on ones bunch of keys

and many others.

Tommy did make a few suggestions, as did many others over the years. None seem to have caught on, which to me, signifies and confirms what I suspect - that most AB/DL do not wish to be identified, and those of us who do, can easily be identified as from their obviously infantile behaviour.

It takes a lot of courage to openly admit on a website your true name / address / occupation etc, or something that can identify you - and that is to like minded individuals where, most of the time, we play nice with each other. However, it is a whole different story to openly admit to total strangers your lifestyle choice. The reason I state that you would be admitting to strangers is that, in my case, if I saw someone with, for example, a keyring that depicts a pair of feet, it wouldn't be long before I ran a Google search to identify the significance. As a result, I, as a total stranger to said person, could be able to state that said person has a interest in such. The same situation will occur if one or more of us decide to use a diaper pin or other notification device in public view.

Unless you feel comfortable discussing your interest with your workmates & boss & family & friends, a form of public notification is not usually a good idea in my opinion.

This, and other similar sites have a forum for arranging meetings with like people in public where we use something like the wearing of a red rose of similar to identify us. Therefore, the general public do not need to know, nor will they ever find out that the people meeting is for AB/DL play.

The real problem is that too many of the suggestions are too blatantly AB/DL related. We need something that's more "slightly out of place, but not noticeably so to most people, but noticeable to us." Something that has nothing to do with diapers or other AB/DL stuff, like perhaps wearing promotional business hats (really, who walks around advertising a muffler shop? but if anyone asks, you could just say that you lost your good hat or something and this one was a free). And perhaps some goofy spy talk. So if anyone asks about that, you can just say it's part of an internet game or something, and that you though they were another player. And you could use the response to the phrase what part of the lifestyle you're into... The reason I suggest business hats is because they tend to be made to be a billboard on your head, and mostly come in the one style: foam front, mesh back, and are usually bright red, blue, or green. More so than any normal hats. They're sort of tacky, but harmless. And they do tend to be free. They give them out to advertise radio stations, car lots, repair places, tractor dealerships, hardware stores, parts stores, etc. Most everyone has them, but almost no one wears them. And if you do wear them, people are more likely to think that you're just a redneck, and not even entertain the idea that you're an AB/DL. Unless they're one, too... The same goes for a well-chosen selection of phrases. You don't make them AB/DL related, but rather seemingly random. And perhaps taken form cold ware era spy movies. So, if anyone looks up the phrases, they get a ton of pages quoting old movies.

Flagging started to let those around them know what an individual is into. It is still mostly a mistery to people what each color means. It is unfortunate that the Abdl community isn't more social. Self acceptance becomes easier if you have real life friends to share trials and tribulations with.

I personally think it's a fantastic idea to get to know more abdls out there but I believe and actively participate in community building. Generally speaking you'll know I'm an Abdl by the fact that I am wearing shortalls and pooh bear.

This website seems to have more individuals who are not interested in venturin outside of the interwebs. I am part of a few groups on another site that holds monthly and yearly gatherings for abdls. Just had one at Disneyland this weekend.

It makes me sad when so many people scoff and the mere idea of having a symbol that flys under the radar to let other abdls know, "me too!"

I never really understood why any symbol that someone tries to make up for this Lifestyle always has to be Pink and/or Light Blue...

Being a "rough in tumble" man, like myself (Works on airplanes, drives a Muscle Car, camps, goes to Church) and being a DL is bad enough... I really don't feel the need to sport some symbol showing the locals that I wear diapers for the enjoyment... Let alone sporting a symbol that can be confused with weakness and/or femininity.

Why do we have to make a big deal out of it, anyway?

Now about a non-universal symbol? Like a toy or some object that you were fond of as a little kid? You wouldn't have to wear it. You could just leave it on a shelf and nobody would think twice about it. My symbol would be my favorite toy car.

• Like 1

Now about a non-universal symbol? Like a toy or some object that you were fond of as a little kid? You wouldn't have to wear it. You could just leave it on a shelf and nobody would think twice about it. My symbol would be my favorite toy car.

That's fine if you have a lot of people coming into your house. But it really defeats the purpose. The idea is to let people AB/DLs outside the house know, while not attracting undue attention from the non-AB/DLs.

I never really understood why any symbol that someone tries to make up for this Lifestyle always has to be Pink and/or Light Blue...

Being a "rough in tumble" man, like myself (Works on airplanes, drives a Muscle Car, camps, goes to Church) and being a DL is bad enough... I really don't feel the need to sport some symbol showing the locals that I wear diapers for the enjoyment... Let alone sporting a symbol that can be confused with weakness and/or femininity.

Exactly. The problem is that people think way too AB when trying to come up with a symbol. It needs to be something that wouldn't really look out of place for someone to have. Like my hat idea. Anyone can wear a hat that by itself has no ABDL connection...

Flagging started to let those around them know what an individual is into. It is still mostly a mistery to people what each color means. It is unfortunate that the Abdl community isn't more social. Self acceptance becomes easier if you have real life friends to share trials and tribulations with.

I personally think it's a fantastic idea to get to know more abdls out there but I believe and actively participate in community building. Generally speaking you'll know I'm an Abdl by the fact that I am wearing shortalls and pooh bear.

The thing is that not all of us can get away with that... For someone like me, that would be inviting an entire world of problems... Not everyone has a community that can accept people doing such things without daily life at least becoming very awkward. I suffer from social anxiety I don't need people around me actually judging me...

It makes me sad when so many people scoff and the mere idea of having a symbol that flys under the radar to let other abdls know, "me too!"

The problem is that too many suggested symbols aren't "under the radar" kind of stuff.

Personally i am a rather private person. I dont really want strangers knowing what tv shows i watch much less what i have under my cloths or in my house. I dont want bumper stickers or buttons or t shirts with advertising on them. I understand and accept a lot of other people have every right and do feel different but still thats how i feel. Also it works the other way. It does not matter to me when i meet someone if they are strait or gay or tg republican or democrat... I take them in context of the meeting and expand from there. If we seem to get along and enjoy each others company we may become friends or if not we move on. But i dont feel like advertising who i am for the world to see. And i dont think the world is less because of this.

Personally i am a rather private person. I dont really want strangers knowing what tv shows i watch much less what i have under my cloths or in my house. I dont want bumper stickers or buttons or t shirts with advertising on them. I understand and accept a lot of other people have every right and do feel different but still thats how i feel. Also it works the other way. It does not matter to me when i meet someone if they are strait or gay or tg republican or democrat... I take them in context of the meeting and expand from there. If we seem to get along and enjoy each others company we may become friends or if not we move on. But i dont feel like advertising who i am for the world to see. And i dont think the world is less because of this.

It's not really about advertising "Look at me! I wear diapers!" It's more about being able to identify another AB/DL in a crowd of people in such a way that no one else notices it, or if they do, that they don't know what it means. It's a means by which to meet people you otherwise might have passed on by and not known are AB/DLs. A means of perhaps shattering the "I'm all alone out here and have no AB/DL friends" situation. And of telling those who believe they're alone that they aren't.