LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Difference Between Dl And Ab

I know we have discussed this at length here. Can an AB also be a DL or are they seperate? I know most AB's claim they are both diaper lovers and Adult Babies. However I didn't realise the psychatric community had created their own seperation between the two. 'Diaperism' is the term for DL where as 'Infantilism' is for Adult Babies. "Pure diaper fetishism, on the other hand, refers strictly to the practice of wearing diapers for sexual gratification..."

Look out folks out are getting segregated and labelled...

The lebels are for the sake of "bookkeeping". The two are not incompatible and can co-exist quite happily in the same person. Very few psychological attributes exist in a person at the 100% level. Case in point, introvert/extrovert. It is doubtful that there is a 100% of either in real life. The workd in psychology is what is one predominantly. Alos "introvert" does not mean "shy" nor, as some intellectuals who seem to need to justify their unwillingness to join the world would have us think, is it a sign of any great depth of personhood..

The problem of understanding comes from "pop" psych which is dumbed down. and when you dumb something down, only the dumb can use it. There is a difference between dumbing down and condensing so that a thing is readily understandable to the lay person

No shrink worth a superiority complex would tell you that the labels are anything but abstractions that point to, attributes and that many of them are not mutually exclusive

AB/DL here too. i like my daipers, and as i grow older, i lose a little interest in my baby things too, witch is kinda sad, but i will always remember what got me through my harder days.

I consider myself an ABDL and enjoy both diapers and feeling of being a little, albiet without much of the baby stuff that goes along with it. When little, I am more of an older toddler still not potty trained.

I have always used ABDL as a catch all each one of of us has our own story and background. We have similarities, and differences but we are all ABDL I loathe the term infantalism.

As a DL I am of the opposite opinion. Every AB desperately wants to also be a DL. I don't know if its to make themselves feel more normal (if being a DL is more normal) but there is a difference.

It's like an alcholic that claims he/she is a social drinker. Don't claim to be both, you are one or the other.

course the psychiatric community does not have a term for those who engage in a sexual role play scenario that happens to be ab in nature.

don't believe all you read.

Those diagnoses are given for 1 of 2 reasons 1. the person wants therapy to discuss issues surrounding their desire to wear diapers, and for insurance to cover the sessions there has to be some form of 'diagnosis' given or 2. the persons dl or ab behavior has come to the point where it is interfering with their ability to function as a 'normal' adult as defined by the psychiatric community.

I'm a DL only. I've never been comfortable with the AB/DL moniker as applied to myself. I've tried to be into AB but I find nothing there for me. I've played Daddy a few times and I can make it work but I'm more into for what the girl gets out of it than myself.

I have noticed the definitions of AB and DL are different than diaper fetishist and infantilist. I do not rely on any of those definitions to define my self as everyone seems to have a unique definition for each.

I for instance classify myself as a DL. Some AB aspects attract me (e.g.breastfeeding especially from a nursing bra) but I have no desire to wear jammies or eat baby food. Some if not all DLs may have some kind of "crossover" interests. By no means do I criticize ABsn any way.

As a DL I am of the opposite opinion. Every AB desperately wants to also be a DL. I don't know if its to make themselves feel more normal (if being a DL is more normal) but there is a difference.

It's like an alcholic that claims he/she is a social drinker. Don't claim to be both, you are one or the other.

Wrong: I am a "pre-schooler (4-6) and I have no desire at all to be a DL, in fact, that makes no sense to me since the idea of diapers as an adult non-medical practice was not known to me or even generally until about 30 years ago and the AB would make more sense to most persons, and therefroe culturally, probably even now

I am surprised that someone would make this kind of statement here

Wrong: I am a "pre-schooler (4-6) and I have no desire at all to be a DL, in fact, that makes no sense to me since the idea of diapers as an adult non-medical practice was not known to me or even generally until about 30 years ago and the AB would make more sense to most persons, and therefroe culturally, probably even now

I am surprised that someone would make this kind of statement here

Huh?? Sorry but I don't understand what point you are trying to make. I am an in agreement with the poster. There is a difference between a person who is an adult baby and someone who is a diaper lover. I respect that ABs have similarities but they should recognise the differences and respect them.

The term actually falls under the category of "paraphilia." (Psychology has a category for everything. It must have been developed by librarians!) Anyway, paraphilia is basically the act of getting sexually aroused by things that are not usually considered sexual, such as wearing diapers or role-playing a baby.

Huh?? Sorry but I don't understand what point you are trying to make. I am an in agreement with the poster. There is a difference between a person who is an adult baby and someone who is a diaper lover. I respect that ABs have similarities but they should recognise the differences and respect them.

What I took issue with was that you stated or impled that AB's were just some ind of DL or DL wannabe's In fact most of us are both to some degree, I am not and you seem not to be but we are the exceptions. It seems that you were trying to invalidate AB

Also, you rpesented the statement as universal, in which case one exception makes it 100% false

The term actually falls under the category of "paraphilia." (Psychology has a category for everything. It must have been developed by librarians!) Anyway, paraphilia is basically the act of getting sexually aroused by things that are not usually considered sexual, such as wearing diapers or role-playing a baby.

The idea that anything involving the sex organs is automatically sexual is questionable at best. I am sure that most of those who were 16 year old boys know horror stories of being called upon in school to stand and read or recite something at the worst possible moment and were probably the main character of those tales of woe

The organs proper are mostly responsive to two things, heat and pressure/stroking. That does not need ideational content. They also have a large number of blood vessels. The rest follows. It is often the case that the brain, via the faculty of mind registers the things and events surrounding that heat and stroking and "confabulates" a story or "gestalt". This can happen as young as 5 or even 4-1/2.

This probably explains the fascination with rubber panties in some way.

All I wanted to add was that even though I'm a DL, I enjoy a little pampering, but who doesn't?

I didn't realise the psychatric community had created their own seperation between the two. 'Diaperism' is the term for DL where as 'Infantilism' is for Adult Babies. "Pure diaper fetishism, on the other hand, refers strictly to the practice of wearing diapers for sexual gratification..."

Look out folks out are getting segregated and labelled...

Has the DSM-V come out? The Psyc community is way behind the curve on this lifestyle. In the DSM-IV there is only a brief mention of AB/DL and it is listed under Masochism. No mention of age-play or DL outside of masochism.

Anondl

I see it the same as straight, bi, and gay

You are ether AB, some where in between or DL

No two people are identical.

Then you have to throw in the IC ABDLs that can be anywhere in the spectrum but because they have to wear are a different case.

You mean I am NOT just like Shirley Temple, up to whom I sooooo look? or Alice? (sob, sniff, sniff, whimper; tearful inconsolable expression)