LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why You Never Benefit From "Public Exposure"

Senator questions benefits to ‘adult baby’

A key senator has asked the Social Security Administration to investigate how people who live their lives role-playing as “adult babies” are able to get taxpayer-funded disability payments - after one of them was featured on a recent reality TV episode wearing diapers, feeding from a bottle and using an adult-sized crib he built.

Sen. Tom Coburn, Oklahoma Republican and the Senate’s top waste-watcher, asked the agency’s inspector general to look into 30-year-old Stanley Thornton Jr. and his roommate, Sandra Dias, who acts as his “mother,” saying it’s not clear why they are collecting Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits instead of working.

“Given that Mr. Thornton is able to determine what is appropriate attire and actions in public, drive himself to complete errands, design and custom-make baby furniture to support a 350-pound adult and run an Internet support group, it is possible that he has been improperly collecting disability benefits for a period of time,” Mr. Coburn wrote in a letter Monday to Inspector General Patrick P. O'Carroll Jr.

The request comes at a time when members of Congress are struggling to cut budgets and weed out waste to try to bring down the staggering deficit, and comes just days after Social Security’s trustees released a grim assessment of the program’s long-term financial health.

SSI is run by Social Security and pays out benefits to aged, blind and disabled people who have little or no income.

The inspector general’s office didn’t return a message seeking comment.

In an email response to The Washington Times, Mr. Thornton threatened to kill himself if his Social Security payments are taken away, and said the television episode showing him doing woodwork oversold his abilities.

“You wanna test how damn serious I am about leaving this world, screw with my check that pays for this apartment and food. Try it. See how serious I am. I don’t care,” the California man said. “I have no problem killing myself. Take away the last thing keeping me here, and see what happens. Next time you see me on the news, it will be me in a body bag.”

Mr. Thornton was featured in early May on National Geographic Channel’s “Taboo” program along with Miss Dias, a former nurse who feeds him a bottle and otherwise attends to his needs when he is dressed in diapers.

In the episode, he shows off the adult-sized crib he built and sleeps in, and the cameras follow him to the hardware store where he buys wood for his latest do-it-yourself project - an elevated high chair that is capable of holding his ample frame.

He said he has been living at least a partial adult baby lifestyle since his teenage years, though he does wear adult clothes when he goes out, fearing embarrassment otherwise.

Mr. Coburn said Mr. Thornton “is cognizant that his choice to live as an adult baby violates social norms,” though, and through both his projects and the adult baby support website he runs, www.bedwettingabdl.com, he appears to have the skills to hold down a job. That, the lawmaker said, should make him ineligible for disability payments.

Mr. Coburn also questions why Miss Dias, as a former nurse, collects SSI benefits, “since she is able to provide childcare” to Mr. Thornton.

In an extensive biography on his web page, Mr. Thornton says he worked as a security guard for a year and a half but said trauma stemming from childhood abuse, combined with other mental problems, made it impossible for him to hold the job, and he has been receiving SSI payments for most of the last 10 years.

In his email to The Times, Mr. Thornton said he is not capable of working. He said running the website only takes four hours a month, and he said his craftsman skills were overstated by the program, which showed him working on his adult-sized high chair.

“What you saw on camera being drilled was pre-assembled the day before. All I did was drill six holes for the camera,” he said.

Wow that is so sad. :wtf2: Poor Stanley was just trying to give a face to this community and it bit him in the ass. I'm sure there are lawyers out there who would help him fight this if need be. Well just because you can look calm and cool on a camera does not mean you are ok to hold down a job. Well here's hoping that nothing happens to Stanley.

somethings you should just keep to yourself.... its amazing they admitted to using ssi.... my wife is truly disabled and they constantly take ssi away and give it back they have no idea what they are doing.... sometimes the send big check saying "we under paid you" than 8 months later the say "we over paid you you owe $15,000.00" than two months later "we apologize we owe you $8000.00 but you will pay us 500.00 a month to pay us back".... its f-n crazy....

• Like 1

*sigh*

As they say, no good deed goes unpunished....what ever.

One thing that they didn't mention is Stanley's medical history. if they go back and look at all the times he has been hospitalized by his family (sometimes against his will) they might get a different picture. he has tried working, and he would LOVE to be able to be more independent and self sufficient.....but he can't, it's just that simple. he has tried, and it never seems to work out, so he is basically stuck.

he said that he really doesn't have anything to loose, no job or (supportive) family, but I guess the one thing he didn't think about before doing the shoot was who might see the program, and that SSI admins might start asking questions. OR someone who didn't like the story wrote SSI and complained about it.

They thing that bugs me is there are people out there living on SSI and disability and such, who are doing drugs, and still committing crimes, or women who are popping out kids as fast as possible with no way of supporing them, and no father figure for the children or positive roll models, yet no one asks any questions about that, and that is far and away much more distructive down the road than what Stanley is doing.

He doesn't bother anyone, minds his own business and just tries to stay afloat and move from day to day, and survive, it's all he has left.

The other side of this is that if they do cut out is checks, he more then likely CANT get a job now, because no one will be wanting to hire him since he's an AB. maybe he can claim discrimination or something, but the road here gets kind of rocky.

UGH! What a mess.

A couple levels here: I commend Stanley for trying to further the community. I was somewhat taken back and fearful when I saw they used his name and hometown. The danger from the real crazies out there shouldn't be minimized. So now another type of crazy is getting into the act! Yes, they weren't very clear on why these two receive Social Security benefits. I just re-viewed the show this morning and felt that they should have gone into a little bit of the why - not to violate their rights but to make it clear that they weren't 'using' the system.

I have no doubt but what the illustrious senator knows that they are not receiving disability for being an AB and a mommy - that there is some underlying reason. On the other hand, what an opportunity to bash social security!! YES, we need to straighten things out in this country. Our debt is too high, and not to make this political, because it shouldn't be, but the debt was level until Bush came into office when it suddenly sky-rocketed. Now the same party is ready to slash every social program in existence. Whether these programs could work or not, I see a strategic attempt to lower funding in a way that will make them clearly ineffective. From there, they can be abolished. I don't see a whole lot of ethics going on in dealing with the debt issue.

In this case, Stanley has unfortunately and inadvertantly made himself a target. So we ought to get rid of social security! I don't care what you think about the political parties or their programs, wouldn't you ALL want to see a little honesty and integrity in dealing with issues? Why is Stanley - and therefore all of us on the firing line? (no, I don't receive disability and a lot of us don't, but might you receive SS payments? Have you planned on that money or are you willing to let it go so that the mega-rich can continue raking in obscene money without paying a decent share of taxes?)

rant over...soapbox away...still I feel for Stanley.

• Like 1

Ahhahahahah! ROFL literally doesn't go far enough. I knew knew KNEW something like this would happen, and I tried to say so.

Living this kind of life when you are a self-supporting adult is one thing, but doing it on the government check then flaunting it on national TV is a bad idea.

Out of curiosity, cite your source. Where did you get this?

• Like 8

Ahhahahahah! ROFL literally doesn't go far enough. I knew knew KNEW something like this would happen, and I tried to say so.

Living this kind of life when you are a self-supporting adult is one thing, but doing it on the government check then flaunting it on national TV is a bad idea.

Out of curiosity, cite your source. Where did you get this?

Washington Times

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/may/17/senator-questions-benefits-to-adult-baby/?page=all#pagebreak

It would be interesting to see if some senator or congressman /woman was a latent AB/DL type :P Since this 'interest' or lifestyle or what ever runs the gamut of society, it would be interesting to see that person pop up in support :P

but again, I doubt that would happen......sure we can have all sorts of "other" things going on..sex scandals, rape and murder, insider trading blah blah blah but heaven FORBID someone get caught or exposed as a diaper wearing AB/DL!

Anyways, something I had been thinking about to help Stanley, if he was interested, was to buy some property up around where he is and hire him as a property manager. real estate is fairly cheap up there, and people always need a place to live. he is good with computers, and can do background searches...place prospective tenants, collect rents and take care of basic maintenance etc..

This might also create an opportunity to us here in the community to create a kind of partnership (simple LLC?) to do the same thing. Purchase property and have him help running it, so he can be employed, and down the road, maybe have a place for Sandra run a daycare of something.

All of this takes $$$$$$ of coarse, and I'm not completely in a position to fund some of it, though I am still working on my finances. I had though about buying a house or what not up there and paying cast for it, because it's 'cheap' and have Stanley rent it out and run it for me, or rent it himself and charge less rent than he's paying now so he can do better, it's a win-win situation. I just haven't had time or funds to move forward with this, but things might change, as I'm looking into a career (job) change.

Unfortunately it seems time isn't on anyones side if they decide to cut his benefits, and he either has to find something to do for work/money..or makes good on his threat and takes his own life. He feels he doesn't really have much to live for because of his past and the abuse and crap he has had to deal with, so he literally has no where to go.

Anyways, maybe this is all pie-in-the-sky thinking, but there are possibilities to turn this around, and make it work for everyone. IF the community reached out to help, it would send a h*U*G*E message about who and what we are and, as a kind of fraternity, helping someone in our group who needs a helping hand.

*shrug*

I'm just thinking out loud I guess....but Stanley stuck his neck out for us....with out asking for anything in return. It would be nice to return the favor in somewhat to help out

Thats just my 2 cents.

Anyways, something I had been thinking about to help Stanley...

All of this takes $$$$$$ of coarse...

IF the community reached out to help, it would send a h*U*G*E message about who and what we are and, as a kind of fraternity, helping someone in our group who needs a helping hand.

I'm just thinking out loud I guess....but Stanley stuck his neck out for us....with out asking for anything in return. It would be nice to return the favor in somewhat to help out.

Just curious as to why you think any of us should go out of our way to help him? We're not exactly the Charitable Order of the Padded Bum.

Obviously the guy has issues that he's trying to deal with. Whether or not he is abusing the SSI system is not for me to decide.

Stanley was warned several times on several different forums that something bad would happen if he chose to go through with the TV show. From a historical standpoint, something bad has happened to every person who has done an expose on their ABDL lifestyle for the media.

He ignored the warnings and now must deal with the consequences.

It sucks, I know, but sometimes people are justified in saying "I told you so."

• Like 6

Obviously the guy has issues that he's trying to deal with. Whether or not he is abusing the SSI system is not for me to decide.

And more to the point, nor is it for Senator Coburn to decide! At the end of the day, declaring somebody disabled or not for purposes of SSI is the purview of an Administrative Law Judge and NOBODY else. Nor is how he functions on one or two particular days (over which the filming took place) relevant. Nor is the ability to go to a shop, nor is the ability to drive a car, run an errand or hammer a nail. It's about the broader, longer, wider picture of that person's life in general. Surely the Senator realises this and knows fully well that a snapshot of somebody's life, as edited and selected for television is not an indicator of level of disability. He should be ashamed of himself for dragging somebody's personal circumstances into the press.

The USA separates the judicial and legislative branches for a good reason. How the SSA determines disability in the general sense: entirely his business. How it handles one particular case: entirely not his business (unless he's supporting a constituent which is obviously not the case)

:bash:

• Like 2

And more to the point, nor is it for Senator Coburn to decide! At the end of the day, declaring somebody disabled or not for purposes of SSI is the purview of an Administrative Law Judge and NOBODY else. Nor is how he functions on one or two particular days (over which the filming took place) relevant. Nor is the ability to go to a shop, nor is the ability to drive a car, run an errand or hammer a nail. It's about the broader, longer, wider picture of that person's life in general. Surely the Senator realises this and knows fully well that a snapshot of somebody's life, as edited and selected for television is not an indicator of level of disability. He should be ashamed of himself for dragging somebody's personal circumstances into the press.

The USA separates the judicial and legislative branches for a good reason. How the SSA determines disability in the general sense: entirely his business. How it handles one particular case: entirely not his business (unless he's supporting a constituent which is obviously not the case)

:bash:

The author of this rather poorly written and 'biased' column is Stephen Dinan and his email at the Washington times is:

'sdinan@washingtontimes.com'

if anyone wants to drop him a line to air your opinion..it would be an interesting thing I imagine :P to hear anything back ;)

And then there are stories like This Man.

This dude is screwing the system on purpose and getting away with it and he has tons of money!!! Its like the assholes of the world always get off better than decent people.

Guest diaperboykcmo

Yeah, I knew this was going to happen, cause with the economy the way it is, they're trying to get money wherever they can! The need to pay more Illegals!!

I'm bipolar and at the recommendation of my doctors, I filled for disability. Man they make you jump through hoops, to tey to get this! I finally went in front of a judge, and she was fixiated that I got high. Stupid ass judge, it's self medication. They had a doctor that never seen me, he just viewed my history, and he said I should get disability, then they had a vocational worker, who also ruled for me. The damn judge ruled against me. Oh yeah in my records, they know about me being ab, but it never came up!

There are people with aids and cnacer ect, and they don't get disability. So I can't feel sorry for this guy, unfortuntley he opened the flood gates. He opened his life up for people to judge, so to most people it looks like he's milking the system. That was kinda dumb to say he's going to kill himself. If you're serious, you don' talk about it! I know, been there done that, over 100 asprin, buddy found me. I had puke all over myself, and I was blacking out. ICU stomach pumped, they were worried about liver and kidney damage.

It's one thing for us to do what we do, but it's another thing to expect people to financially support us!

And then there are stories like This Man.

This dude is screwing the system on purpose and getting away with it and he has tons of money!!! Its like the assholes of the world always get off better than decent people.

DAMMIT!

Stanley and I are on another website that deals with something else in our respective lives, and he sent this email to the Admin explaining things:

"Hello EXXXX,

I do wish this didn’t come at a time when it does. But I wanted you to know the why before you saw it on the news. I am going to be ending my life in a few hours. Just tying up some lose ends first. It seems after seeing me and Sandra on Taboo, people want to make sure SSI cuts both me and Sandra off our disability checks for role playing part of the day. Saying as long as disability is paying us, people have the right to tell us how and where it should be spent. And since we spend some of it here and there on disability, the disability should be cut off. So senetor Wally Herger is going to make sure we are taken off of disability. The news says since I am able to run a website, and was able to build a piece of furniture, I am more than well enough to hold a full time job. I guess that the PTSD, depression, spinal injury and everything else makes no difference. Doesn’t matter that it took over 2 weeks to build the chair. It seems just the fact that I was able to build one “proves” that I am well enough to hold a full time job. Well either way, while SSI takes the time to evaluate it, the disability checks will be suspended. Well, the manager for the apartment doesn’t care, rent is due when it’s due. So I figure before I sit and wait for SSI to suspend my disability claim while they re-evaluate again, I intend to end my life before I watch me and Sandra get kicked out of our apartment for non-payment of rent, before I watch the Shirrif remove all my belongings to be taken because I can’t guard it all on the street, and before I starve trying to find food as I won’t have the money any longer to buy any food. I don’t need it. I don’t deserve to be treated this way. Have I not been through enough? I have decided I have been through enough, and I am done with this world. I just can’t handle this on top of the nightmares, flashbacks and everything else. I just can’t do it. So I really wanted to write and let you know what happened. Why I am leaving. And to let you know that I am greatful for your friendship, and friendship of those on the XX family. I always knew I was coming to the end of my time here, but really didn’t think it would be so soon. Try not to let it bother you if possible. It’s not going to hurt at all. And I will be up there with Erik skiing and at peace. I have been fighting for years, I just can’t do this anymore. Especially now with what’s about to happen. I wish you and the XX family the best. If you want to talk at all before I leave for my trip, I will have my cell on (email me if you want his cell number). I love you very much, you have been a wonderful friend Exxxx. I mean that. Take care Exxxx **hugs** Stanley

I'm going to try and contact him, I've sent an email I just need his current number to talk him down form this. The admin called him and he agreed to wait until they could get him some help. There are options and things that can be done, he just needs help.

I'll call if I can get his number.

There are others on the 'other' site who are gathering to try and help as well, so there is support out there. I don't mention the 'other' site because I use my normal name there and I don't think the 2 would really mix :blush:

Anyways, I have Stanleys number, I'll give him a call and see if I can talk him off the ledge and get things settled.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Yeah, I knew this was going to happen, cause with the economy the way it is, they're trying to get money wherever they can! The need to pay more Illegals!!

I'm bipolar and at the recommendation of my doctors, I filled for disability. Man they make you jump through hoops, to tey to get this! I finally went in front of a judge, and she was fixiated that I got high. Stupid ass judge, it's self medication. They had a doctor that never seen me, he just viewed my history, and he said I should get disability, then they had a vocational worker, who also ruled for me. The damn judge ruled against me. Oh yeah in my records, they know about me being ab, but it never came up!

There are people with aids and cnacer ect, and they don't get disability. So I can't feel sorry for this guy, unfortuntley he opened the flood gates. He opened his life up for people to judge, so to most people it looks like he's milking the system. That was kinda dumb to say he's going to kill himself. If you're serious, you don' talk about it! I know, been there done that, over 100 asprin, buddy found me. I had puke all over myself, and I was blacking out. ICU stomach pumped, they were worried about liver and kidney damage.

It's one thing for us to do what we do, but it's another thing to expect people to financially support us!

As far as if your serious about killing your self you dont talk about it you more then likely have never had a friend kill them selfs.Most people who kill them selfs have said many times befor thay do it,im gonna kill myself to outhers.So dont talk about something you know nothing about.

I'm going to play the Devil's Advocate here. What was this guy thinking? He should have been more sensative to his situation if he is receiving government support. He promoted he was an Adult Baby living off of government support. Of course there is going to be a backlash. It was dumb to go around publisising his situtation. On top of this he allowed himself to be filmed building something and showing that he is active and able (which he is not). He should have been more aware how this would be seen. Dumb dumb dumb.

If he is disabled then he should have no problem clearing himself and continue receiving payments.

On a darker note if he truely believes that he will kill himself if he looses these benifits then he needs to check into a hospital or go see his doctor immediately. This article and the senator's reaction should worry all of you less and be far more concerned for his mental welfare.

Shame on most of you for only caring about his money and this publicity and not about his present wellfare.

• Like 2

I had a friend tell a group of us that they were going to commit suicide and then she cut off contact. One of our group knew where she lived so a call was placed to emergency services in the area to check on her and make sure she wasn't going to harm herself. She was pissed at us for a while but I think we made the right decision.

I hope Stanley doesn't harm himself.

Guest diaperboykcmo

As far as if your serious about killing your self you dont talk about it you more then likely have never had a friend kill them selfs.Most people who kill them selfs have said many times befor thay do it,im gonna kill myself to outhers.So dont talk about something you know nothing about.

I've had people, that I know kill themselves. How dumb are you, I said I'm bipolar, I said I tried killing myself. I know a little bit about depression ect. For you to lump everyone together is foolish! The people that reach out they want help, that's great. There are those that, are tired of living. So when you ask yourself what you could've done or wish they would've said something. It was to late, they're the ones that decided, they don't wanna live. That's why, they didn't reach out, or let anyone know. It takes all kinds. You can't just broad brush. Before you go being all high and mighty, don't judge me pal, till you've walked in my shoes!

I certainly hope Stanley is able to get help, but with that said (And I hope this doesn't seem too callous or insensitive) as a taxpayer I find it disturbing that someone is living off government assistance and engaging in what can be an expensive pastime. There have been times in my life where I had to choose between paying my bills or buying diapers for playtime and my bills won, I would never have expected someone else to buy my recreational diapers, much less expected everyone else at large to pony up. I kinda have a problem with someone using public assistance in such a frivolous fashion. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would like to purchase the material for a high chair or crib, but the reality of supporting themselves or their family prevents them from doing so. I feel pretty resentful that my money is being taken involuntarily from my paycheck and given to someone so he and his girlfriend (Who also doesn't work) can play baby with it.

Duck it sounds like you know him, and you seem like a stand up guy, so I will take your word that he is incapable of undertaking traditional employment, but I can't help but feel that someone who has the wherewithall to maintain a long standing website, makes his own furniture, etc can't find SOME way to make enough money to where the taxpayers arn't on the hook for his paraphellia (YA YA alot of folks will probably chime in about ABDL not being a fetish for them - but getting down to brass tacks this is a, voluntary, non essential activity. It is not food, shelter, or medicine and at the end of the day, sexual or not, it is recreation). Why should 'we the people' buy this guys diapers, crib, high chair?

As an individual I have compassion him and for his situation, but as a taxpayer I think a review of his disability payments is in order.

• Like 3

We don't need to walk in your shoes. You've advertised your life on television. I'll be the first person to tell you that you are a disgusting person. It's not an issue that you are getting money for disability. It's the issue that you are using that money to buy diapers, baby food, high chairs, cribs, etc. You don't work, and your excuse is that you are depressed and want to kill yourself. Guess what? America is full of people who are depressed and want to kill themselves. It is also full of people who are rising in poverty and adding to the lower class. Instead of diapers you should be buying therapy or drugs so you can work.

Some people might find this harsh, but I also find it appalling that people are suffering while this jerk is sucking his thumb for money. I work for my fetish. I work dam hard and I try to keep up with it. So coming from a guy who wants to take all the money he has ever been given, waste it on diapers, only to kill himself because he might have to get a job, why don't you get off your dam high horse and walk in MY shoes for a day. Working full time while going to school full time isn't easy. I should be getting money from the government, because unlike you, I am helping to become a productive member of society.

And for those whom want to aid this person? You're just as full of it and guilty as he is. Grow up, and learn to become responsible for your actions and for your own welfare. People literally DIE because they don't have enough money to survive. And you waste it away shitting yourself for fun!

• Like 7