LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why Do We Do What We Do?

I've been doing abit of think lately and are wonder why we do what we do?

Dont get me wrong im not knocking it. I love nothing more than pooping my self.

A lot of people say it due to a shit childhood, and yes mine wasn't great, but there are load of people in that situation that don't crap themself for fun. Any thoughts anyone? What makes us different? :wtf2:

but why are we different to every other joe public, are we wired differently

Could be, or we've had things happen that our subconcious turned into this desire. That's a huge debate around here.

My advice is to not worry.

Could be, or we've had things happen that our subconcious turned into this desire. That's a huge debate around here.

My advice is to not worry.

I not worried about it, i would just like to understand it. I mean how can you explain it to someone else, if you cant explain it to yourself. I maybe goin abit deep here, but if the people on here do know then who will?

It's a good question.

But even though we share a common interest, we are also different.

Such as, I don't like to dirty my diapers, but what you do is kewl with me.

Where as someone that has no diaper desires might find us both repulsive.

Who cares, everybody's weird...

And I much rather have this desire, than to do something that's unlawful.

For some reason, we all have our reasons that may or may not be known.

As long as it's not interfering with the rest of your life, embrace it.

• Like 1

My guess, (for some of us at least) would be that it may have something to do with how our brains are wired, or possibly genetics. I'm not sure, just guessing.

Rockies Fan. Go Rockies in 2011!:D

I do believe that there is some 'change' in the brain that causes certain people to be sexually turned on by different things... for example, some people are very turned on by being tied up, others by acting like an animal, others by treating someone like an animal, others by wearing diapers, or diapering someone else.

Do i think there is any 'one' thing that causes it? not at all, but i do believe exposure to certain stimuli at certain ages when sex hormones are more prevelant in the body could help create this change in the brain chemisty and trigger a sex reaction to say wearing diapers, or being treated like a baby.

This can also work for those who are not involved in this sexually.

a very very simplified example.... a child is feeling emotionally 'needy' in the sense that at a certain time (perhaps even just a few minutes of a day) they just feel they want a hug, and then they are exposed to say seeing a mother pick up and cuddle her infant, this could trigger that 'change' in the brain and from then on the person associates being treated like a baby the comfort and security they were craving at that one moment.

In the realm of science we really know next to nothing about where our likes and dislikes come from, why some people like pink, and others like orange. Why some people prefer spongebob and some hate it. We can state the things we like about the color pink, or spongebob, but we cannot state what it is in our brain that makes us 'like' something.

But i'm a big fan of exposure at some 'critical' junction in our lives to stimuli has a large influence on all aspects of our personality development, ab/dl interests included.

• Like 2

I kind of agree with others here. As Kitten just said, why not?

I'm not so sure that our desire to poop in our diapers (or not) is hard wired into our genetics (and I suspect a lot of other study about genetics will take place before this study catches on as one of interest).

I do think it might have something to do with early childhood though I won't necessarily rule out genetics until there is hard evidence (no, silly, that the stuff in the back of my diaper...that's pretty mushy!).

If you are interested in why YOU are like you are, YOU will have to do a lot of thinking.

I went into therapy initially to find out 'what was wrong with me' that I like to use diapers. I've since found out it is not a big deal, I'm figuring out why I like to wear and use diapers (though I may never know why you do), and more importantly I'm doing some major, important changes in how I look at myself and interact with others - especially family - in ways totally unrelated to diapers.

I'm not saying you need therapy - I've got no idea. What I AM saying is that the reason why I like diapers may or may not be at all the same as why you do. YOUR truth is for YOU to find out. And don't take anyone else's word for it!

Good luck in your search. And in the meantime, don't fight who you are - just go with it!

I've always been very open minded with sexual experimentation, and it didn't take that long before Goden here talked me into trying it.

Well, what do you know? I'd never fantasized about it before but when I tried it I really liked it. I think I'm just a sensation seeker or a kind of hedonist who is not easily turned off.

If there's some kind of genetic basis for being into certain things (imo not true) then I must have some screwed up DNA! I have so, so many kinks that I've picked up over the years. I put it down to growing up with the internet and being fearless. Oh, maybe discovering Bianca Beauchamp and latex fetishism at the age of 12/13 set me on course for being kinky and tolerant :P

As I said, I don't think I have a predisposition to like certain things (with the exception of BD/DS - that's a mindset thing) but I am just very accepting. When I discover something new (like diapers) which I suspect I might like, I get into it to try and see what attraction there may be in it. Usually I find that attraction and it's amazing.

This means I've got a really really broad range of kinks - everything from heavy bondage to girly boys and furry sex toys - but none of them run so deep as to be lifestyle choices. I wouldn't ever want to be doing them 24/7.

I just hope I find a boyfriend who I can convert to a few of them!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I've always been very open minded with sexual experimentation, and it didn't take that long before Goden here talked me into trying it.

Well, what do you know? I'd never fantasized about it before but when I tried it I really liked it. I think I'm just a sensation seeker or a kind of hedonist who is not easily turned off.

If there's some kind of genetic basis for being into certain things (imo not true) then I must have some screwed up DNA! I have so, so many kinks that I've picked up over the years. I put it down to growing up with the internet and being fearless. Oh, maybe discovering Bianca Beauchamp and latex fetishism at the age of 12/13 set me on course for being kinky and tolerant :P

As I said, I don't think I have a predisposition to like certain things (with the exception of BD/DS - that's a mindset thing) but I am just very accepting. When I discover something new (like diapers) which I suspect I might like, I get into it to try and see what attraction there may be in it. Usually I find that attraction and it's amazing.

This means I've got a really really broad range of kinks - everything from heavy bondage to girly boys and furry sex toys - but none of them run so deep as to be lifestyle choices. I wouldn't ever want to be doing them 24/7.

I just hope I find a boyfriend who I can convert to a few of them!

Well written, Entropy. You summed it up really well. I feel the same. I have many, many kinks too, some of which we may share.

A lot of pants-poopers / diaper-poopers have been into soiling themselves from quite a young age. I didn't get into it until 2 years ago and I'm a grown adult. So, like you, it's not something that ever occurred to me before, but after joining DD, I started reading stories from one diaper-pooper in particular (this was before we had the SS&P subforum)-- and it turned me on. It was something I started imagining myself doing (never in public, just privately!), and then I finally did and I loved it.

You definitely have to be open-minded to soil yourself, but when you do, you soon find out how erotic it is to lay a nice, firm poop into your diaper or vinyl pants, to sit in it and move your butt across the chair to spread it around. Oh my! It's heaven. :blush:

What makes us different? :wtf2:

LIFE!!! Different things that happen to us going thru LIFE. For each one of us the answers can be different. For me I wondered for years about "Why I liked wearing diapers?" I settled for the "Why" wasnot important; I harm no one or myself it's just part of who I am.

• Like 1

I do it because i can and i love how it feels when i do. Why i do it i don't know. I've been wearing and wetting for quite a few years when one day i had to go and i just did ( i live alone and was at home ) and it was a wonderful feeling to do so. To me it's just a normal thing for others probably not and they would never do it. Just the same there are those who are into things i wouldn't do, so whos to say? I think it comes down to we all do what we like whatever that may be.

Many times I've answered this type of question, "why am I gay" "why do I have to wear women's clothes when I'm a man" "why do I like to mess myself/wear a nappydiaper etc. etc. etc".

I just stopped bothering about it. No-one really wants to know. No-one is really interested in the roots of his/her fetish/orientation. People don't want to think, they want FUN! Some people are too scared to learn the truth about themselves -- it would be too disturbing for them. Others see their fetish as unimportant, a nuisance even, not to be treated seriously.

Daddy Fred.

No-one really wants to know. No-one is really interested in the roots of his/her fetish/orientation

I do.

I find looking into the psychology behind sexuality to be fascinating.

• Like 1

Thread after thread after thread screams the question, "Why?", to so many aspects of us, what makes us us, and our lives.

I, like Goden, find the whole aspect of diaper fetishism(or, infantilism, as it's "classified", but call it what you will...) fascinating, and love to read the threads about what is going on in the heads of the members here.

Given that I'm nearly 45 years into my diaper fetishism, and came to that realization - that I'm a DL, with little interest in the AB world or baby things - I no longer waste time wondering why I do what I do, why I enjoy what I enjoy and why I have no desire to purge this "abnormality" (says who, and based upon what criteria?).

Diapers are absorbent underwear. Diapers are a legitimate product with a legitimate purpose. Diapers are made for use by all ages of human beings and for all sizes, and for all variety of needs for absorbent underwear. Diapers are neither illegal, immoral or fattening.

We, in the AB/DL community spend more time in guilt, self-loathing and "feeding quarters into the ass kicking machine" than trying to figure out how to accept ourselves for who we are, how we are and how we can best integrate the us we are into our life and interaction(s) with other people. It's OUR thing. If others will not accept it, or US, for being as we are, then they really are not worth our time. And, unless we are part of the fringe that has that need to lie about being mentally ill and incon, trying to hire an unsuspecting person to "change our diaper" - which can get you arrested and name and face published in the newspaper - or decide we just can't live unless we head out to the Seven Eleven for a Slurpee, dressed in just diapers, a t-shirt and sandals - which will also get a person arrested for nothing illegal, but maybe get an assisted trip for psychiatric evaluation somewhere - what we do discreetly or in private is nobody else's business.

So, if we can accept ourselves for who we are, how we are and what we are into, what does it matter WHY we do what we do? People do all kinds of things that seem to vary from "the norm". What WE do is just one more thing on that long list of quirks that human beings have. What was the trigger? A person may never find out. Or, they may. Unless you are intent upon purging that desire - and some shrinks will tell you you can only replace it with some other, maybe more well-accepted "obsession" - it doesn't matter why your switch is tripped.

However, only the individual can choose to stop obsessing over their obsession, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

The answer can be as simple as "Because!" or a person can spend a lifetime never finding a definitive answer

• Like 1

Diapers are made for use by all ages of human beings and for all sizes, and for all variety of needs for absorbent underwear. Diapers are neither illegal, immoral or fattening.

Fattening? What, do you eat your diapers? I didn't know "fattening" was ever a discussed topic about diapers.