LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Worst Diaper Ever?

So I buy a bag of unmarked tan diapers at the local thrift shop thinking "how bad can they be?"

Well, the answer is, pretty bad~! lol

I have no idea what brand these are. All I know is that they are tan in color and have one tape on each side.

No markings on the bag or the individual diapers.

With the mildest wetting the lining begins to clump and separate. These must be the adult diapers that give adult diapers a bad name... lol

They are not even worth the $3.90 for a pack of 16. That is how bad they are.

Anyone have any idea what brand these things are?

And not to bring up a bunch of negative vibes, but does anyone have any funny stories to share about bad diapers?

Scott

man, i couldnt tell you what they are, im sure someone here will know but i dont. Yeah, i have a pack of Attends right now that im pretty dissapointed with. The plastic backing sticks to me all over the place, and when it comes off my skin its like peeling tape off of my leg, lol. I am going to finish this pack and never buy these again. But in your case, $3.90 for a 16 pack, i mean, they may be worthless, but you would have never known if they were good or not. But yeah, i have had my run in with bad diapers, and its called depends (the previous design)

Yep, I've run into some pretty bad diapers too. I was at a medical supply store some time ago and saw a pack of diapers that cost, oh, about $5. Super cheap. I thought they might be good for those times when I can't wear very long, so I bought 'em. Wow, what a waste of money. I'm not sure they were the same time you found, but all the symptoms are there. Mine were blue, but they could have just been a different size.

The name of these horrible diapers? Nightingale.

-RMS

I have found all manor of worthless diapers. I swear the worst was from little med supply place down in Georgia up around Buckhead back in the late 90s. They felt like the thinnest underpads you could find with two tapes at the back to make the lamest diaper every. They weren't even good for safety diaper when doubling on a better diaper.

Another time in Chicago in the early 2000s, I bought a store brand, may have been Target or something similar, was a long time ago. They were pretty bad, too, despite be advertised a night time absorbency. Even a Depend will hold one good wetting if you don't just let it all good at once! These acted like they had the plastic on the inside because very little soaked in and most of it went straight to the edge and made wet spots on the bed.

Guest little_jonny

the worst diaper i ever bought was at drug mart and they were in a red package, they looked ok, but the taps sucked so bad, is like using scoth tap to tape it on

lol try wearing medlines, i dunno what style but these will leak after a few ounces and i can't wear em with jeans cause the denim makes the pilling of the diaper speed up that within two hours my pants are wet from leaking.

I will never trust another Medline product again, including Molicares

I bought some diapers from a home medical store, they were light green in color and called Nu-Fits. Well let me say they couldn't stop a leak if your life depended on it and i don't mean from flooding at all. They cost 15.99 for 12. I would call them No-Fit, lesson learned.

Worst diaper ever: Boots Stay Dry Super Plus.

They don't seem to make them any more, all I can find is a pull up with almost the same name but this was a bona-fide tape-on diaper. They had an incredibly crinkly tape landing zone (that the tapes wouldn't land on for love nor money :lol:), were extremely uncomfortable, with bits of stray plastic and cloth-like cover sticking into your legs around the gathers. They held approximately one teaspoon full of pee before it would run down your legs and were very expensive (about £8 for six, IIRC) and came in a bright turquoise pack.

The only thing these diapers had going for them was that they were pretty much the only adult diaper that you could easily buy at retail in the UK because most boots stores normally had a pack or two on the shelf. They were also my very first adult diaper, bought after lurking in Boots in Preston for about an hour waiting for a quiet moment :P But my god... You think Depends are crap? They're spectacular in comparison with these :lol:

I don't know what the positive reviewers were talking about: :P

http://www.dailydiapers.com/content/d_reviews/?origin=select_product&action=view_product&product=51

I'm wearing some reassure brand belted undergarments I'm just haviing to wear a pair of plastic panties over them just to hold up the so called velcro tabs ....... There breifes aren't that much better but at least the tapes hold And I've had no problem with the leaks yet ....

The worst diapers, that I have ever worn, were hospital provided disposable diapers. They were a joke.

name='Fakename4me' timestamp='1301746652' post='397452']

So I buy a bag of unmarked tan diapers at the local thrift shop thinking "how bad can they be?"

Well, the answer is, pretty bad~! lol

I have no idea what brand these are. All I know is that they are tan in color and have one tape on each side.

No markings on the bag or the individual diapers.

With the mildest wetting the lining begins to clump and separate. These must be the adult diapers that give adult diapers a bad name... lol

They are not even worth the $3.90 for a pack of 16. That is how bad they are.

Anyone have any idea what brand these things are?

And not to bring up a bunch of negative vibes, but does anyone have any funny stories to share about bad diapers?

Scott

Hospital diapers for sure. They are so weak and useless one might as well just pee in the hospital bed and put on a diaper and pretend it didn't work, that's how useless they are.

The worst diaper is no diaper at all. Has anyone ever peed into normal underwear? It just goes everywhere. I peed into a thong once and it was a disaster.

People are going to say depends max protection, but if I double them up, i get bulk and I get barely any leaks. They do the job for me and the cost of 20 in a bag. When I get the chance to snag some bambinos and ABU cushies I'm going to! :thumbsup:

Anything made by Kendal is generally pretty terrible, and the old Wal-Mart brand diapers (back when they had the plastic cover) weren't worth the excrement they were made to hold.

Depend, Attends and Tranquility are also pretty close to bottom-of-the-barrel in my book.

Depend, Attends and Tranquility are also pretty close to bottom-of-the-barrel in my book.

If you mean Tranquility ATN's I'd have to ask why you think they are bottom of the barrel? I find them a nice alternative to Attends since they went south.

Am I the only one here who likes a cheap diaper every now and then?

I agree. I have tried some of the mail order and more expensive diapers, Abana, Molicare, etc. and I just don't like them much. They are too bulky for me. I like Depends Max protection. Are they perfect? No. But they feel right to me, and that's all that matters.

I have to agree that Attends have gotten worse. I used to use them years ago then I couldn't find them any more. About a year ago, I came across some and bought them, they were not good.

I think part of the reason I like Depends is that they are made by the same people as Huggies, Kimberly Clark. As a teenager I used Huggies "Supertrim" and later "Ultratrim" almost exclusively. I wasn't ballsy enough to buy adult diapers until late in college, so that's all I used back then. Anyway, I still see a lot of similarities between Depends and Huggies of old.

BTW, I am now 3 months nighttime wearing every night! lovin' it!

Am I the only one here who likes a cheap diaper every now and then?

No you ain't :D I wear cheap pull-ups every day and they work well for me :thumbsup: though I do use the toilet when I can :angel_not: They will hold a full wetting+ if you go slow, and the cloth backing means you'd better wear plastic panties to avoid press leaks when you sit down :rolleyes:

I loved the old "Ambeze" diapers because they were like the early single-tape plastic-backed Pampers :wub: but as diapers go, they were awful performers :blush: No SAP (which wasn't around back then) and huge gaps at the legs because they were just folded squares :huh: About like the green hospital diapers, all they were good for was to catch the dribbles as you raced to the toilet :whistling: The last ones I had were so old that the tapes didn't stick well and I doubt I'll ever see any more :( They were the style of diaper I saw on babies and dreamed of wearing myself when my first thoughts of being a DL came along ^_^ Oh nostalgia, I miss them :crybaby: because they were my first adult disposable and there's only one first.

Bettypooh

• 4 weeks later...