LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

No More Surger

Never in my wildest dreams did i ever think that i would ever find a good subtatute for suger.Well i sure was wrong.I just started useing splenda.And it is good tasteing.Now ill never go back to suger.I have known for a long time i had to cut it down or cut it out.Tryed cutting down but just could not get use to not being sweet.I use to use allmost 2 table spoons per cup.thats 224 calories per cup.And if i drink 10 cups thats 2,240 in my coffee alone.Befor anyone says anything let me say that coffee has no afect on me except my bladder.All i can say is thank god i found splenda.

You should read up on the dangers of artificial sweeteners, specifically sucralose before you fall in love with that stuff.

Bottom line, these man-made chemicals haven't been on the market long enough for effects stemming from long-term usage to be documented.

Of course, given your age, this may not even matter.

• Like 2

I started using and substituting sugar over 50 years ago, I still use them and plan on using them for the duration of my life.

It is tough enough keeping your weight in check as it is without all the useless calories from sugar.

Americans are fat enough sugar just makes them worse each day.

I might mention except for my leg injury I'm as healthy as anyone half my age.

Like LuvsGurl said, you might wanna rethink your surger substitute. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Stevia is a good natural substitute. Or you can use honey. From a local apiary would be best, too.

I drink my coffee black. It's better that way. Tea, too. When I'm in need of sugar, I like hunni. Or is it honee? honey?

• Like 1

You should read up on the dangers of artificial sweeteners, specifically sucralose before you fall in love with that stuff.

Bottom line, these man-made chemicals haven't been on the market long enough for effects stemming from long-term usage to be documented.

If we stoped eating everything with man-made chemicals in them then we would all be vegetarians.Though i only drink about 6 cups of coffee a day that is still cutting down on my calories in the corse of a day.I am diabetic so i got to cut down somewhere.I dont eat ANY sweets at all.

stevia is a natural sweetener not made in a laboratory youcan grow it yourself or buy it in powdered form

Never even heard of the stuff.But ill check it out tomorow when i go shopping.I will let you know if i can find it.

Like LuvsGurl said, you might wanna rethink your surger substitute. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Stevia is a good natural substitute. Or you can use honey. From a local apiary would be best, too.

I drink my coffee black. It's better that way. Tea, too. When I'm in need of sugar, I like hunni. Or is it honee? honey?

YUK ME DONT LIKE HONEY

I just switched back to Splenda again to cut down my sugar intake. I've done the research, toxicity (other than an allergic reaction) takes an obscene amount of Splenda, it take thousands of splenda packets (0.5 grams/each) a day to cause toxicity. For me the minimal risk is worth it, there are a ton of other things that we eat that also cause problems, Splenda is very low on my list of concerns, also a lot of the information out there about it's possible ill effects are seriously over-exagerated.

*huggles*

Michelle

I cut out refined sugar in much of my diet also, and I actually feel a lot better:) Being a "carb junkie" I L*O*V*E sugar and sweet stuff, crunchy qwackers stuffs too. It got to the point I was putting 4-5&6 packets of sugar in my coffee, and it was then that I thought...something had to be wrong :o So I quit, and 'try' to stay away from it as much as possible....which is difficult since it seems it is in EVERYTHING in one form or another.

Anyways, getting that crap out of my life was one of the better decisions of my existence, I have lost some weight, and wake up feeling better, I don't 'crash' from the coffee and sugar combo, I don't 'crave' it, though on occasion I do really want some chocolate :blush: I think I gave it up over a year ago....and have tried really hard to stay away from it.

OK...I'll slip and have a cookie (instead of 5-6) a doughnut :blush: I has some pie a while ago...and yes it was yummy....but all of this was no where near as bad as I was a year ago. I have milk or cream and sweent and low in my coffee, or or milk if nothing else. I'd like to try that Stevia plant and see how that works. Honey would be great in my tea, when I drink that....it's the worlds most perfect food too, so it cant bee all that bad.

I just know that all that %$#@! sugar I was eating really made me feel like crap...so now I'm better, happier and a bit 'less fluffy" and I eat a lot of salad instead :P

I still fall for qwackers though, now and then.....UGH>.. I'm a junkie..and need my fix now and then:P

But if you can get that stuff out of your diet as much as possible, you will be doing yourself a H*U*G*E favor :thumbsup:

And believe me...I N*E*V*E*R thought I woul dever be saying anything like that

Enjoy cane sugar and honey. Those are not bad for anyone in moderation. Cut out foods that have corn syrup and High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS). It is in about 90% of ALL processed foods. I have cut about 98% of HFCS out of my diet and my blood tests are now looking great. My blood sugar is down. My good cholesterol is high and my bad cholesterol is low. Eight months ago my doctor was talking about having me try Lipitor or whatever that crap is called.

Pharmaceutical companies have a plan. Feed the population tainted foods and they will have customers for life. Think about it. Many doctors are using the same plan. If you are healthy they don't make any money off of you.

....foods that have corn syrup and High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS). It is in about 90% of ALL processed foods....

This is where the real problems with the average American's diet and health are hiding :o We eat more processed foods full of stuff that doesn't need to be there than anyone else :( Do yourself a favor and start reading ingredients labels ;) You may need glasses to read the fine print :lol: but that's where the devil is hiding :angry2: Ask yourself whether that food needs that stuff, check out what they are online, and you might discover that you've been poisoning yourself for ages :crybaby:

While the FDA tests foods, they do not test for interactions with other man-made things :wtf2: That's downright stupid, but the food additive industry likes it that way which is why it is the status quo :rolleyes: All alone a substance might be fine, but mixed with other usual things nobody knows what will happen till it's too late. It has been well proven that the healthiest foods are those closest to the way nature made them- the more you alter them the worse it gets. I still use refined sugar, but I have cut down too :D Like many of you note, I now feel better, I have no crashes anymore when the sugar runs out, and I spend less at the grocery store B) GIGO may be true, but some of that garbage stays in the system doing harm so putting in less garbage in the first place is the way to go :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

• Like 1

Never even heard of the stuff.But ill check it out tomorow when i go shopping.I will let you know if i can find it.

Well went to the store today.Oh boy, oh boy,Guess i dont buy that stuff.Way to much money for me.guess ill stick with splanda.

If we stoped eating everything with man-made chemicals in them then we would all be vegetarians.

Bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit.

There are many natural products available at your local grocer, meats, vegetables and additives. Most of the time they cost only a tiny bit more than the processed, packaged, hormone injected stuff on the shelf beside them. All you have to do is look. You can find natural free-range beef and chicken as well as vegetables grown without pesticides and seasonings with no man-made chemicals.

Stevia isn't any better than the artificial stuff. Research suggests that byproducts of metabolized Stevia may produce mutagenic effects. Stevia has been banned in Europe for over 10 years now.

Bottom line, stick with natural sugar. Cane, corn or beet makes no difference. It has been proven safe for use for hundreds of years now.

If you want to cut back on sugar, then cut back on sugar and don't substitute something else in. It might be a little tough on you, but nothing worthwhile comes easy.

• Like 1

I cut out refined sugar in much of my diet also, and I actually feel a lot better:) Being a "carb junkie" I L*O*V*E sugar and sweet stuff, crunchy qwackers stuffs too. It got to the point I was putting 4-5&6 packets of sugar in my coffee, and it was then that I thought...something had to be wrong :o So I quit, and 'try' to stay away from it as much as possible....which is difficult since it seems it is in EVERYTHING in one form or another.

Anyways, getting that crap out of my life was one of the better decisions of my existence, I have lost some weight, and wake up feeling better, I don't 'crash' from the coffee and sugar combo, I don't 'crave' it, though on occasion I do really want some chocolate :blush: I think I gave it up over a year ago....and have tried really hard to stay away from it.

OK...I'll slip and have a cookie (instead of 5-6) a doughnut :blush: I has some pie a while ago...and yes it was yummy....but all of this was no where near as bad as I was a year ago. I have milk or cream and sweent and low in my coffee, or or milk if nothing else. I'd like to try that Stevia plant and see how that works. Honey would be great in my tea, when I drink that....it's the worlds most perfect food too, so it cant bee all that bad.

I just know that all that %$#@! sugar I was eating really made me feel like crap...so now I'm better, happier and a bit 'less fluffy" and I eat a lot of salad instead :P

I still fall for qwackers though, now and then.....UGH>.. I'm a junkie..and need my fix now and then:P

But if you can get that stuff out of your diet as much as possible, you will be doing yourself a H*U*G*E favor :thumbsup:

And believe me...I N*E*V*E*R thought I woul dever be saying anything like that

Ya know the funny thing is i have never had one of those crash's that i have heard people talk about.But then i have not eaten junk food in years.Tell ya what,i got a big box of chocolates for exmass and i still got four left.MY WORD,duck.dont think i have ever eaten 5 or 6 doughnuts at one sitting in my life or even in one day.

Bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit.

There are many natural products available at your local grocer, meats, vegetables and additives. Most of the time they cost only a tiny bit more than the processed, packaged, hormone injected stuff on the shelf beside them. All you have to do is look. You can find natural free-range beef and chicken as well as vegetables grown without pesticides and seasonings with no man-made chemicals.

Stevia isn't any better than the artificial stuff. Research suggests that byproducts of metabolized Stevia may produce mutagenic effects. Stevia has been banned in Europe for over 10 years now.

Bottom line, stick with natural sugar. Cane, corn or beet makes no difference. It has been proven safe for use for hundreds of years now.

If you want to cut back on sugar, then cut back on sugar and don't substitute something else in. It might be a little tough on you, but nothing worthwhile comes easy.

A tiny bit more,now that is utter bullshit.Some things cost a dollar or more a pound.What is your idear of a tiny bit more.?I eat verey little processed meats.I eat NO caned vegies and NO pre-packaged meats.I get most all my meats at a butcher shop near me.And my chicken is perdew.

Ya know the funny thing is i have never had one of those crash's that i have heard people talk about.But then i have not eaten junk food in years.Tell ya what,i got a big box of chocolates for exmass and i still got four left.MY WORD,duck.dont think i have ever eaten 5 or 6 doughnuts at one sitting in my life or even in one day.

I meant 5-6 COOKIES :P not dough nuts....though I do have 2 now and then....when I give into my carb desires :blush: luckily that doesnt happen to much anymore and I look at that stuff and simply say "no...spend the money on something thats better for you" :D It's not easy...but thats my 'addiction" (beside diapers)

I imagine if I kept up feeding my carb needs and sweet tooth I would be over 300 pounds and probably a diabetic and God knows what ever else medically wrong with me :blush: But I continue to try to do better, but it's not easy but neither is life

well being diabetic i have to watch sugar intake so i either die from a disease or from artificial chemicals. pick your poison? ;) Actually I try to avoid aspertame as much as possible.

cktc,i eat nor drink NOTHING with aspertame in it.It has a bad taste to it.And i agree with pick your poison.I do read the suger in the things i eat.I try like heck to keep my sugar intake down.

I meant 5-6 COOKIES :P not dough nuts....though I do have 2 now and then....when I give into my carb desires :blush: luckily that doesnt happen to much anymore and I look at that stuff and simply say "no...spend the money on something thats better for you" :D It's not easy...but thats my 'addiction" (beside diapers)

I imagine if I kept up feeding my carb needs and sweet tooth I would be over 300 pounds and probably a diabetic and God knows what ever else medically wrong with me :blush: But I continue to try to do better, but it's not easy but neither is life

opps,sorrry just miss read ya