LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Maximising The Use Of Diapers

Guest aielen

Guest aielen

I've only two weeks left of diapers it there some regime to maximise the use of diapers? Should I wet till it's super duper full or try not to wet as much?I'm not incontinent but a DL.

I've only two weeks left of diapers it there some regime to maximise the use of diapers? Should I wet till it's super duper full or try not to wet as much?I'm not incontinent but a DL.

hi imho your best bet is to change only when full to the max trying to not wet as much is not going to change the volume you excreat and drastickly reducing fluid intake can lead to health problems. for me i get the best results from frequent small deposits as aposed to a big flood just my opinion lee

I agree with the other posts, wear it and use it as long as possible. I wore a diaper all day yesterday. Sometimes I would just let go , other times I would let go a little at a time. Definately wear it until you start to leak. Have fun and enjoy!!!

If you can, might pick up some diaper cloth. Makes good reusable boosters and you can get it at most big stores (walmart, target, etc). Doesnt have to be stuff made for adults either, the normal baby diaper cloth works just fine.

Don't wear as much. I am down to 2. I can't order more since I may be moving to Japan so I don't want a surplus around since I won't be able to wear much till May and wouldn't be out by August. I won't know whether I am moving or not till next month.

Don't wear as much. I am down to 2. I can't order more since I may be moving to Japan so I don't want a surplus around since I won't be able to wear much till May and wouldn't be out by August. I won't know whether I am moving or not till next month.

Dont order such a big quantity?

I like to wear my diapers for long periods without changing because it gets too expensive otherwise. What I do is wet the fresh diaper a decent amount, but leaving room for later wettings. then when the urge comes again, I wet a little in the diaper and let the rest go in the toilet. (I know I used the "T word" LOL) I can do this all day long and not leak. It gives me the satisfaction of wetting each time without having to use so many diapers.

Last time I looked in drug stores and even WallMart and Target, they still sold individual packages of adult tape on diapers. What's wrong with just buying a package at a store instead of ordering a case?

Here's one for you I'll bet you haven't heard of before. One of my friends is a nurse practitioner and she visits the elderly in their homes for general health check ups and such. She told me that several people were found to have put their Depends in the freezer. They said it does something to the gel in the diaper and renews it sort of?! They say by doing this, saves them money on a fixed income and makes the diapers absorb more. My thinking is, I doubt they are completely soaking their diapers in the first place, but I still don't if this works. Ever hear of such a thing?

Here's one for you I'll bet you haven't heard of before. One of my friends is a nurse practitioner and she visits the elderly in their homes for general health check ups and such. She told me that several people were found to have put their Depends in the freezer. They said it does something to the gel in the diaper and renews it sort of?! They say by doing this, saves them money on a fixed income and makes the diapers absorb more. My thinking is, I doubt they are completely soaking their diapers in the first place, but I still don't if this works. Ever hear of such a thing?

Talk about freezing your nuts off!

Technically, reducing the temperature of the SAP in a diaper will increase the temperature difference between between wet and dry, if you get my drift, and as a result, each SAP might absorb fractionally more, or in a quicker time which means that the paper pulp has less work to do. This will make a diaper seem to last longer since the pulp is not needing to work as hard, and therefore stays together for longer. By volume, there is really no difference in the amount of liquid the diaper can absorb under test conditions, but while wearing, if the paper pulp can stay in its original place for longer, the diaper WILL be able to reach to close its specified absorption level.

Secondly, placing an extremely cold diaper on will chill parts you do not wish to be chilled, which also reduces the need to urinate.

In simple terms, the effect of chilling a diaper before wearing one does increase its useful life, yet it is extremely cold, and can be dangerous to do so.

Try it if you doubt the effect, and you are brave enough. However, try to keep the ice (frozen water) from touching the padding as that will mean that the diaper is 'used' before you get a chance to use it!

• Like 1

order more diapers? or how about don't wear them as often.. if you have two weeks left that implies you wear enough to know how much will last you two weeks.... if u want them to last longer... don't wear them as much.....

as for freezing the diapers, I assumed that they were allowed to warm up a bit at least to room temperature be for putting them back on. I really don't know as I never tried this, besides I get a case of diapers delivered to my home every month

Guest aielen

thanks for the sugestions. I cant' get more cause a)I'm low on cash b)I dont buy the diapers my flatmate does. She's the one with high salary. But she's out of the country.

You could also just get some boosters from Abena or bambino which will help your diaper last longer. They aren't to expensive and work VERY well, and might be worth the cost. Or as said above, just use cloth diapers as stuffers or boosters to help what ever brand you are using last longer.

Good luck :)

It’s a game I play trying to the wet a diaper to the max. That is no dry padding or SAP. Now this takes some doing sometimes getting it wet all the way up the back without leaking. I Also like how heavy a really wet diaper can get. The key is wetting slowly.

Guest aielen

You could also just get some boosters from Abena or bambino which will help your diaper last longer. They aren't to expensive and work VERY well, and might be worth the cost. Or as said above, just use cloth diapers as stuffers or boosters to help what ever brand you are using last longer.

Good luck :)

No such diaper where I am. My friend and i dont use boosters