LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Adisc.Org Moderator Jbo=Nazi! No Freedom Of Speech

Guest diaperboykcmo

Reading through this thread I dont understand where all the animosity of the "Them vs Us" mentality is coming from. I'm a member there, have been for a while now and while I agree they can seem rather strict, Corri has hit the nail on the head.

In its previous incarnation ADISC was a site catering solely for TB's and has grown with its existing members as the passed into adulthood. As a result it now caters to both, the knock on effect being that a little restraint is needed on the more adult side of things in public areas.

This site is an open community for like minded individuals to discuss their love of their associated fetishes, and I commend that, but ADISC is and always will be primarily a support site. The intention being to help those who are just becoming aware of and exploring this particular fetish area and the lifestyles it may or may not lead to.

The issues of truthfulness and resulting bans are a byproduct of having a mixed age user base. having under 18's on site means that the potential for dishonest people to try to "hook up" or instill damaging ideas and views (eg amazing fap-fantasies about the wonders of being incontinent and how to achieve it) in the minds of younger and less experienced members are the reason the security measures over there are so seemingly tight.

Everyone has reasons to hide certain personal information, but to my knowledge ADISC ask only that you be truthful with the basics of D.O.B and biological sex, emphasis on the term sex, not gender ;)

All they ask on top of that is that any information you give later on be truthful and that post content be appropriate for both the section within which its posted and not be distasteful. The same applies to usernames on the basis that members are already aware of your fetish by the fact that you are a member of the site, names like poopypuddlelove are very generic, arent really necessary and dont give a rounded impression of the person behind it.

That said there are mature discussion sections of the boards that are not available to younger members, just as there are areas for more sensitive topics only viewable by long standing or trusted members of the community.

To me each site has its merits, I'd come here for general discussions and stories etc, look for advice on things that are only touched on over there

and I'd go to ADISC for other topics or for reviews. DD and ADISC both serve the community in different ways, it doesn't take a lot of effort to abide by the rules of each if you want to be a part of them both, I just don't understand the inter-board hating that's been going on.

I've probably reiterated myself a lot and rambled on longer than needed, but its about 3am at time of post and about the time I start thinking in loops

I tend to take "I hate X site" complaints with a grain of salt, as you only hear one side of what happened. Both sites serve a great number of people with a common interest but different views and experiences.

To be clear: We don't allow kids on DD, and do all that we reasonably can to direct them away from us when we find them. We also - like ADISC - have our own standards for content and conversations. There will always be people who say "I was on there when i was 15 and no one banned me" and that's simply because we didn't know. That's also why we don't allow hardcore content. We rate ourselves Adults Only more for open conversations about the sexual aspects of the fetish world than for pics and videos.

There is no such thing as 100% freedom of speech on any privately owned site. That is why I have held comment on any individual complaints about ADISC posted on DD. I respect ADISC's rules and standards like any member is required too, and expect others to do the same when on DD.

I can't speak for Moo and the mods of ADISC, but I believe the members of the *BDL world should be working together for the betterment of the community; not having constant pissing battles over who is better. DD, ADISC, Wetset, ABKingdom and others all serve a lot of satisfied people or they wouldn't still exist.

Play nice and stay dry little ones :)

Not to offend, but I wouldn't consider this place the "best", as you put it. It has its issues, as do all community sites.

IMO DD and ADISC are two opposite ends of the spectrum.

In an effort to make their site child safe and family friendly ADISC has taken rules and enforcement to a fanatical level, so much so that they have run off some of their best contributors and even a few moderators.

On the other side of the coin, DD is the adult site. I'll be honest and say that rules here are quite lax and the standards are pretty low. Things are better than they were say 2 years ago so we are at least moving in the right direction. However I still believe that this place is under-moderated.

Sorry to say it, but right now I don't recommend either site to new people that I meet online. Currently I'm telling them all to go to FetLife.

over moderating is worse for a community than under moderating. I think as adults DD treats us such but is pretty good about removing certain bad elements.

Totalitarianism and laissez faire both have their flaws. Ideally you want an approach that combines elements of both, which is often difficult to achieve.

The real issue here is one that is at the heart of the ABDL community itself. We may physically be adults, but we don't enjoy acting like adults. The problem with taking a relatively hands-off approach and treating people like adults is that it creates the expectation that they behave like adults, which they often do not.

I would say that most of the people here are capable of functioning well enough in the real world. But they come online, switch off the adult part of their brain and you end up with the typical "I like to make poppy dippers." and "I'm so pathetic and lonely I want a mommy." garbage babble.

Sad as it is, there is also a percentage who are using ABDL as a substitute for real mental help. These are the kind of people who create stories and situations involving children and brag about soiling themselves while out in public. Whether it is true or not, the mere fact that it is purported to be true genuinely concerns me.

Remember, regression can be fun, it can be naughty, it can be therapeutic. But it is NOT a substitute for real therapy. If you have legitimate issues and regression is the only tool you have for dealing with them then you need to seek professional help.

Sadly, this message won't ever register with the people that need to hear it the most, so we are simply stuck dealing with them until they cross some imaginary line and are finally booted. Sometimes it is a quick process, other times it takes months or years. In the mean time we are forced to deal with them as best we can.

I do find myself wondering how many people, having a passing curiosity about diapers or regression, come to these sites, see some of the revolting posts and disgusting behaviors and essentially head for the hills thinking we are all a bunch of sick freaks. How many potential members has the ABDL community lost in this fashion? How many can we afford to lose?

I will agree that ABDL is becoming larger and more well known as a whole, however I think we are missing a vital piece of our expansion. An ABDL Manifesto, if you will. A set of behavioral standards and guidelines that moderators of all community sites would agree to abide by. ABDL is this, not that. ABDLs do this, not that.

Many years ago a news article reported that the average age player was an educated, productive, intelligent, law abiding adult who used regression to escape the stresses and rigors of everyday existence. It is a positive image and while I don't think it is suddenly going to change what everyone thinks of us I do believe it can be used as a tool for our betterment. And while public perception of the community isn't always my favorite concern I do think it important that we come off more as just plan deviant and less as total nutjobs.

course i always find websites to be like restaurants

if you dont like what they have to offer or how they offer it then dont go back

ever go to you favlurite restaurant and all you hear the whole time are the people behind you complaining about how awful it is? yeah thats annoying

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Troll be trollin'.

-155 rep says it all.

It doesn't say anything. All it needs is someone not liking you, your opinions or both. So this reputation thing can't be of any real value. Especially if ratings are that high in the negative I seriously doubt them

• 3 months later...

So then if ADISC allows adults and minors to be on the same site, that is totally fucking wrong.

It should ONLY be for 18+ Because discussing that kind of nature of things online, the media and authorities will lump all the decent AB/DL branded as something awful such as peadophiles.

And a site like ADISC won't last much longer if it says like that.

Minors and adults, should definatly NOT be on the same site as each other, especially a fetish or even simply AB/DL discussion site.

So then if ADISC allows adults and minors to be on the same site, that is totally fucking wrong.

It should ONLY be for 18+ Because discussing that kind of nature of things online, the media and authorities will lump all the decent AB/DL branded as something awful such as peadophiles.

And a site like ADISC won't last much longer if it says like that.

Minors and adults, should definatly NOT be on the same site as each other, especially a fetish or even simply AB/DL discussion site.

Depends on how they interact, really.

You tend to forget that a majority of AB/TB's do not get sexual satisfaction out of regression. DL's are another matter entirely. We are all grouped together because of a commonality (diapers), but the spectrum is broad.

ADISC does not tolerate intensely sexual conversations, even in the "stories" section, for the very reasons you indicate. As I said earlier in this thread, I found out where the line was when I started a thread in the "AB" forum about a topic that was apparently too sexual in nature, despite the fact that there was nothing explicit.

Suffice to say, half the stories in that section here would have been deleted over there because they crossed the line. Likewise, a number of forums over here would never exist over there. Moo & co. do their level best to keep ADISC as non-sexual as reasonably possible, and they come down hard and heavy on would-be trolls. Hence, they have yet to run afoul of any legal matters regarding what age groups frequent their site.

In short, ADISC is a decidedly "PG-13" website, where DD is "NC-17". Nothing wrong with either of them, IMO.

• Like 1

Somebody here (I forget who :blush:) once described ADISC as "the kiddie pool" and I think that's about right. It's a good place to go if you're 15 and trying to get to grips with being an ABDL (because it's just about the only place that won't kick you out for being a minor) and it's possibly good for adults in the same process but other after that, you need to graduate to the big kids pool.... Whenever I find myself reading an ADISC thread, I always feel like the adults are being careful about what they say because the little ones are around...

• Like 1

I bet it is secretly run by a pedo that doesn't want anyone to take his recruits away. Of course I'm making it up but who knows.

• Like 2

I bet it is secretly run by a pedo that doesn't want anyone to take his recruits away. Of course I'm making it up but who knows.

Yeah, that's Moo, a pedo. *rolls eyes*

Oh wait - Moo was a teenager when he built TBDL.org, and changed it over to ADISC when he wasn't actually a teenager anymore.

Jerk.

• Like 2

Somebody here (I forget who :blush:) once described ADISC as "the kiddie pool" and I think that's about right. It's a good place to go if you're 15 and trying to get to grips with being an ABDL (because it's just about the only place that won't kick you out for being a minor) and it's possibly good for adults in the same process but other after that, you need to graduate to the big kids pool.... Whenever I find myself reading an ADISC thread, I always feel like the adults are being careful about what they say because the little ones are around...

Eh, I don't think it's all that and a bag of pretzels. The subject matter can be a bit repetitive, but there is a wide range of folk over there with a wide range of experiences, and the conversation can be really interesting when it's not cluttered by raw sexual content and the usual coprophagia/urolagnia that filters into the uncensored adult-oriented sites (like this one).

Of course, ADISC being a completely member-supported site also helps keep it relatively objective when it comes to events that affect the *B/DL community at large... *whistles nonchalantly*

• Like 1

Of course, ADISC being a completely member-supported site also helps keep it relatively objective when it comes to events that affect the *B/DL community at large... *whistles nonchalantly*

Until you realize that the head mod "fires" any mod who disagrees with him, conducts open background checks on the forum's members, and is generally a pathological liar, while also refusing to do anything at all about the numerous trolls who plague that forum.

You present your points well, but ADISC is really something of a craphole. The majority of the productive members of the site left when Danny did.

• Like 2

Until you realize that the head mod "fires" any mod who disagrees with him, conducts open background checks on the forum's members, and is generally a pathological liar, while also refusing to do anything at all about the numerous trolls who plague that forum.

You present your points well, but ADISC is really something of a craphole. The majority of the productive members of the site left when Danny did.

For the record, they just gave one of the biggest trolls a 6-month "time out" a couple weeks ago.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Funny thing that this thread came up searching for "adisc nazis"... Yes, another one to get banned for "lying about your age". I had no idea this would be reason for a ban. Forever, at that. No reason, no appeal possible. But then again, I suspect they didn't like me from the start. Wrong avatar ("crotch shot" even if it was my diapered butt in a tearproof jumpsuit) then my avatar disappeared (prolly because it now said "AVATAR CENSORED BY MOO BOO"). Then they must have background checked me like the East German Stasi (or Nazis, if you will) and found all kinds of birthdates (mostly 1/1/1970 and 1/1/1980). I guess what's stated above is true: too tightly moderated. And, come to think of it, I'm better off without them.

Good. That's off my chest.

I'd advise against going on ADISC because of the underage element. You don't want your name on the list when the authorities eventually decide anyone over 18 there is a pedo. Also, they do ask an uncomfortable amount of personal questions of you when you sign up and then to gain additional privileges on the site, which is quite intrusive for a private fetish. Creeped me out and I found my way here. This site is great!

• 2 months later...

In my opinion, ADISC is an extremely well moderated and maintained site. I admit, that maybe in some instances they are strict, however I think this results in a great forum, where generally everyone is who they say they are.

You may not have lied, however it should be a simple matter for you to contact one of the mods and verify your age, via webcam or some other means. I know this is what a lot of people do. While you may be completely innocent, we must all surely agree that there are a lot of people within this community, who like to pretend to be, and pose as someone a lot younger than they are. ADISC would just rather err on the side of safety.

Topics such as masturbation, and definitely wetting are not banned on ADISC. They are however restricted to tasteful discussion. The forum is not a sexual one. here are many forums out here on the internet, and if you are looking for something more sexual in nature, simply join one of those.

All I can say really, is I visit a lot of forums, but the reason I keep returning to ADISC and staying involved, is because it is a great community, protected and maintained by excellent rules and moderators.

speaking as yet another person who was banned from ADISC for 'lying about my age' I strongly disagree. it seems a great number of people have banned for this. Firstly, they have no way of proving anyone lied and secondly, why does it matter? in what other place other than government forms and banks do you need to provide your birthDATE, these ridiculosu morons demand that and then wonder why a lot (most infact) dont do it. It probably hasnt occured to most of them that many of us haev no wish to be identified in the real world on the basis of our diaper posts. Posting our correct age - nevermind our actual birthDATES could do exactly that.

I understand that as a private wite they can do what ever they want. that doesnt mean they are free from the abuse of their ridiculous nonsense about age. once I found that it had underage kids on there I felt uncomfortable anyhow. i wont chat or even post in response to an underage child now. it is dangerous since guilt is assumed and evidence can be simply talking.

ADISC had great potential and I enjoyed some of the forums until I was summarily banned.

many years ago I used to chat on the yahoo user rooms and it was always the same. some freaky diaper person would start the room and then impose his own standards on behaviour and most of the time they were irrational. I moderate on other forums and it is clearly obvious to anyone with a brain that opposing opinions or diverse interests are what makes a palce interesting. Some seem to think more along the totalitarian notion instead.

I look forward to posting on DD with the infantile beahviour of ADISC and their desire to ban just about anyone for reasons they imagine exist.

It doesn't say anything. All it needs is someone not liking you, your opinions or both. So this reputation thing can't be of any real value. Especially if ratings are that high in the negative I seriously doubt them

Read some of his other posts and you might agree.

speaking as yet another person who was banned from ADISC for 'lying about my age' I strongly disagree. it seems a great number of people have banned for this. Firstly, they have no way of proving anyone lied and secondly, why does it matter? in what other place other than government forms and banks do you need to provide your birthDATE, these ridiculosu morons demand that and then wonder why a lot (most infact) dont do it. It probably hasnt occured to most of them that many of us haev no wish to be identified in the real world on the basis of our diaper posts. Posting our correct age - nevermind our actual birthDATES could do exactly that.
The problem with banning people for "lying about your age" is that it's an unenforceable rule/requirement in many situations. The only way ADISC or any other site would have a person's age would be if that person volunteered the information to them. Assume for the moment that someone did volunteer the correct information to them, that doesn't mean that one of their "background checks" won't turn up contradicting information. If the "background checks" are being done by a mod/admin, then the person doing the checking is limited to what they can find online, and even if a person was honest with ADISC, they may have lied about their age elsewhere. For example, people frequently lie about their age on Youtube because Google uses that information for advertising. (There are a lot of people in their late teens and 20s who are claiming they're in their 60s, 70s, and 80s.) Maybe someone lied up or down a year about their age specifically to throw off background checking services--my point is that there's really no way to prove that anyone is the exact age that they claim to be. Even if ADISC used an actual background checking service, there's nothing to stop the aforementioned scenario of attempting to obscure data being fed to background checking services. Even if the data is correct though, that doesn't prevent the person typing up the background check from making a typo, and thus making the information "inaccurate."

As for providing your birthdate, I can think of a couple other places where it's required besides government forms and banks. A certain software company whose name rhymes with "old fogy," that produces a program with a name that rhymes with "dodo slop" comes to mind. If you ever want to transfer the license to your software, this company requires you to send them a photocopy of your driver's license or passport! Additionally, they limit you to five license transfers for your entire lifetime. The only way they're getting my driver's license is if they pull it from my cold dead hands. This sucks for a variety of reasons, but one of those reasons is that I like to sell my old software and use the money from the sale to buy my new software. (Piracy is prevented by product activation, so even if I wanted to, it's not like I could successfully pirate this software by selling my old copy and keeping it installed on my machine. Again, that's not my intention at all though.) Because I despise upgrade packages, (this company is known for having problems with the upgrade versions of their software) I prefer to purchase new "full install" software. Selling the old software would allow me to purchase the new software for about the same price as an upgrade. However, as I stated above, I'm not giving this company my driver's license, so I'll wind up spending an extra $1500 or so every few years in order to avoid a headache. Although I suppose you could lump them in with "government forms," photo IDs are required as "proof of age by birthdate" in order to purchase alcohol and tobacco products, although I have admittedly never done either. Still, in the above scenarios, there's at least a photo ID involved and someone can prove that I am who I say I am, and my age is what I claim it is.

As far as I'm aware, ADISC does not require any form of valid ID where they can prove that your age is what you claim it to be--if they had such a requirement, I might actually be able to sympathize with them a bit. Running a name through Google or using a free background checking service isn't going to cut it though. If you've ever run the names of your family members or friends through one of these services, you'll note that a good portion of their information is usually inaccurate. I got bored one night and ran a few names of people I know through one of these services and subsequently e-mailed them what the free background checks had turned up. Everyone involved had a good laugh at how inaccurate the information was.

I look forward to posting on DD with the infantile beahviour of ADISC and their desire to ban just about anyone for reasons they imagine exist.
ADISC can still change. One pattern I've noticed is that paranoid mods/admins tend to end their tyrannical reigns in the online equivalent of spider holes and drain pipes. Most are chased off of the site/chatroom/forum that they created or ran by the very members who spent years putting up with their crap. Usually someone close to them will take their place and in many situations, that person doesn't repeat the mistakes of the previous mod/admin. In other situations, the site/chatroom/forum becomes deserted--the members simply leave because they're sick of dealing with the problematic mods/admins, and a staff change for the better usually follows. On occasion, the person whose paranoid willingly steps down, although that's a rarity. Of course, for a site/chatroom/forum to change, the people involved with it must be different from the paranoid/tyrannical mod or admin.

Thankfully, the staff at DD is excellent. Not every site is like DD though, and unfortunately, there are plenty of sites run by paranoid staff members and mods/admins on power trips. Some improve over time, and others do not. Hopefully the ADISC staff will eventually realize that they're alienating potential members and rethink permanently banning anyone who slightly disagrees with them. Whether or not that will happen though remains to be seen.

Oh and as far as ADISC Nazis go, can we please invoke Godwin's law here?

Good thing I am honest about my age everywhere online and about my birthdate. I have suspected that people who have lied about their age elsewhere didn't lie about it on ADISC so when the mods decide to run a background check on them (spy) and see a contradiction in their age on another forum, they assume they lied about their age on their forum so they ban them. Kind of corrupt IMO. It's like they are moderating what they do on other forums because lie about your age somewhere else, you're banned. Reading between the lines, I think their rules are you cannot lie about your age anywhere online.

ADISC is disgusting in my opinion - and I am sure I will get flamed over there for saying this. But, they all try to make excuses for why "their" community is OK but in reality it is basically a pool for adults to converse with underage kids about something as sensitive as diapers and is sexual for a fair amount of people...its just a bad situation and any way of trying to justify it is pretty futile when they openly advertise they are for the "younger" crowd and have separate threads and what not for them specifically.

• Like 1

I started out posting on ADISC and may still have an account there. My issues are two fold.

One, there is a lot of crazy hostility there. I think maybe that comes from a lot of their members being younger. I don't have any huge issue associating with teens myself. I can see where problems would arise but I honestly never really thought about it outside of avoiding the "TB" sections of the forum. The first couple posts I made there I got way out of left field aggression. The one in particular I remember was a thread I started about disposables with velcro. Basically saying I figured that would be a good idea because of the ease of re-fastening. I believe I also talked about how you could pretty easily modify cloth-backed disposable with off-the-shelf velcro tape since the hook side of velcro will stick to the cloth backing.

I have no idea why but this was met with a lot of anger. A few posts I remember basically amounted to "learn how to tape properly idiot". After that I stopped posting there or anywhere since I only posted there. I started posting again once they moved and just learned to ignore the openly illogically hostile postings. Since then Active Ultras have come out though, yay :)

The thing that made me leave the second time was how ridiculously sex-negative they are over there. To give context to my opinions, I myself have very little sexual interest. I don't know why exactly or really care as it's made my life less complicated. That said, I am all for sexual tolerance. It's akin to being pro-gay rights without being gay yourself. I'm of the opinion that anyone should be able to do whatever they want as long as no one is being forced. This is especially true if it takes place in private. I am pretty extreme in what I consider acceptable but