LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why...?

Guest little_jonny

some people love a plastic diaper because thats what they grew up with. they ove the loud plastic sound and having prints on them that makes them feel more like a baby or back more in the diaper days

I don't hate cloth diapers, but for me, when i think of being a baby, i think of disposable diapers... not cloth diapers... for me cloth diapers feel like i am just wearing bulky underwear... it doesn't say 'diaper' to me... not a hate, just a preference..... we are allowed to have those.

Recently I read that a new mom can expect to change about 6000 diapers before her child no longer needs them. So many loving interactions and I would be hooked on disposables too. But I was a a baby when disposables were just a piece of layered paper that was pinned on and still needed plastic pants to prevent leaks. Plastic pants were new in the early fifties and a big deal, yet they were commonly called rubber pants. Almost all babies wore cloth diapers and socially, moms were expected to have their babies toilet trained by age two. Something was wrong otherwise; maybe the child was "slow." Nobody liked doing diaper laundry. Toddlers today are delaying toilet training until 3 or 4 years old, some say because they cannot "feel" that they are wet or uncomfortable. I wear both now-a-days. I like the convenience of disposable but love the feel of soft cloth and always cover with plastic pants. I think the months of our toilet training are the crux of our diaper desires today. Good - Bad - Ugly.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

They(including me) don't really hate cloth diapers, its just that they are used to wearing disposables as those were the only ones available to them. Besides disposables are great, its easier change, you can just dispose of them after use, plus if someone like your mum found your diaper stash and throws it away it wont be much of a waste as you can buy some more. Cloth on the other hand, well you get my point. How great is that!!! :P

I don't like cloth because of three simple things:

1. Laundry. Tons of laundry.

2. Wetness. Yes, when a diaper gets wet, you can feel it regardless of what it's made of...But the feeling of wet cloth diapers reminds me of wet pants. I hate the feeling of wet pants. Thankfully, disposables feel squishy instead of like wet irritating cloth.

3. Rashes. I get really bad rashes from cloth, no matter what kind of detergent I use and no matter how long I have the diaper on/how often I change. The rashes aren't regular "ouch" rashes, either. The ones I get feel like battery acid...I think it's caused by wet cloth + friction.

I don't have these issues with disposables, so no thanks on the cloth. It's a pain in the butt for me.

~ moogle

Someday I would like to try a real cloth diaper. Not a towel but a real cloth diaper.

Until then I'll stick with disposables.

I find the thought of a nice soft and thirsty cloth diaper to be very attractive. That is my perception, anyway. The reality is that cloth is not practical in my situation. The only one who knows that I like to wear diapers is my wife and she is decidedly not in favor of it. Out of respect to her wishes I participate in my diaper wearing only in situations where she is not likely to become exposed to the activity. That is generally when I travel and am away from home. With my job that is pretty frequent.

So my preference is for disposables. Easy to obtain and use. No laundry issues. Practical for me. That doesn't mean that I don't or wouldn't like cloth. They simply don't fit my situation.

If the opportunity ever arises, I would jump at a chance to try cloth. No hate here.

I dont hate cloth, I just havent had any yet. They do look very very comfy and I think Id rather have cloth anyway. But until I have the money or someone buys me a few with plastic panties, I think Ill have to stick to cloth.

The Angel of Hope,

Alice

To add to the list:

Cost, sure in the "long run" it seems to save you money, but the initial cost is a LOT for enough to keep up with a need between washes. The cheapest I have found are $20 each, not for a pack, each. Now sure, you could do laundry every single day, but most apartments have laundry rooms, not washer and dryer in each unit. In my building the washers and dryers are free, but in the lease there is no washing laundry in the sinks or tubs, and then who wants to wash those by hand anyway?

Plastic pants ... cute but when they get urine directly on them they break down pretty quickly, which means even more money.

I totaled it all up once, just to find out the cheapest because at the time I was really low on money, the cloth supplies wound up being more per year before factoring in washing. At the time I didn't have free laundry facilities. Not to mention I don't drive, and hate cars, yet I travel all over, by bus. You really can't carry soiled diapers with you that long in a backpack. Seriously, it doesn't save as much money as it seems, you just pay at fewer times, but it's the same price as the disposables I buy now.

Then there's comfort. Plastic pants actually hold in moisture and heat too well, disposables (yes the smooth plastic backed ones to) let it out as you move more because of the inherent "flaws" in them, which turn into a benefit if you think about it. You can also have a far more absorbent material that's a lot less bulky, bulk may be kinky to many but it's downright uncomfortable when trying to live life.

Life should always be about choices, just doing something because someone says it's better isn't a good way to live, so if you like them that's fine. But nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, is "one size fits all." Many on here actually like the clothlike ones, which I find even stranger myself but meh. That's their preference. The only thing that bothers me is when choices vanish, like how many of them are going to clothlike only.

Why do some of the ABDLS on here prefer disposables over cloth diapers? I just don't understand the 'hate' over cloth diapers.

Well Beachxbunni123, I can't speak for other members, but I can tell you why I "hate" cloth diapers. To start off, I should probably make it clear that I don't "hate" cloth diapers, so much as I "hate" them for their intended purpose. I have no problem using them to protect the screens of electronic devices, for plumbing repairs when needed, for a dust rag, or for a changing pad in the event that I need to change a young child, or someone else in my home needs to change a young child. (I suppose that last one could be an "intended use," but I'm not entirely sure.) I have nothing against those who prefer cloth diapers, I just hate to use them on myself.

For starters, I've never considered cloth diapers to be "real" diapers. I know that cloth diapers pre-date disposable diapers, but by the time I was born, cloth diapers were glorified changing pads, and they were stuck under babies such as myself to keep the surface underneath me clean while the disposable diaper that I was wearing was being changed. I remember actually asking my mother "what's that" when she pulled out a cloth diaper for some sort of cleaning that she was doing. As a five year old, I had a hard time associating the cloth diaper with what I considered to be a "diaper," which were the disposable diapers that everyone I knew who had babies were using.

I was also born before the invention of Huggies Pull-Ups. As a toddler being potty trained, I used cloth training pants, and I absolutely hated them, because they felt bulky and gross. A disposable diaper was fine, as was real underwear when I was allowed to wear it, but to me a cloth diaper is loosely related to those gross cloth training pants. As a child I was a bedwetter, and I remember waking up in wet, cold sheets many times, and wearing wet, cold underwear. To me, a cloth diaper feels like that wet cold underwear, and isn't something I associate with any form of positive feelings.

Furthermore, cloth diapers do nothing for me. They don't turn me on, there's nothing arousing or amusing about them, and I don't find anything about them appealing. I also hate doing laundry with a passion that burns as hot as a thousand suns, so "the aftermath" doesn't exactly help the situation. I just don't find cloth diapers even remotely interesting, and I never have.

Now disposable diapers are an entirely different story. I wore disposable diapers as a baby, I was raised around babies who wore disposable diapers, the first diaper that ever did anything for me was a plastic disposable. I like the disposables with the cloth-like outer covers, and I have since they were introduced. As a kid, the first time I saw a pair of Huggies with that type of cover, my initial reaction was "wow, cool!" To this day I like certain disposables more then others, but that includes modern disposables, as well as the old crinkly plastic ones that I was raised with.

As I mentioned before, Pull-Ups (and GoodNites) were invented after I was out of diapers, and as a bedwetter, there were a couple times when I wish I had been given a chance to use GoodNites. I recently wore a pair of wet GoodNites to bed by choice, and when I woke up, the wet GoodNites were still warm, and didn't have that cold and soggy feeling that the cloth training pants did. The texture of disposable diapers, the feeling of SAP or SAP and Pulp mixing together, and even the smell of a wet disposable diaper are all huge turn-ons for me. If I'm going to "fire my cannon" in my diaper, I like having the ability to clean up easily afterward. A disposable diaper not only guarantees easy clean-up, it also guarantees an intense orgasm, so those are two advantages in my book right there.

Disposable diapers do a lot for me, there what I associate with being "real" diapers, and it's much easier for me to hide both packages of new ones, as well as used ones before sneaking them out to the trash. One thing I really associate with disposable diapers, and really like to do with them is wait until a weekend when I have my home all to myself, and spend a day wearing and wetting disposable diapers. At the end of the day, I'll take off my last wet diaper, and add it to the trash bag full of wet diapers that I've been accumulating all day. As soon as the freshly wet diaper is on top of all of the others, I'll just push myself into the bag of wet diapers building up to an orgasm. Right before I'm about to orgasm, I'll try to position the diapers so that some of them will burst, tighten the bag slightly, and push as hard as I can against the diapers while rubbing into them. I absolutely love the way the orgasm feels as the diapers ooze all over me, and if they burst, that makes the orgasm even more intense with the SAP and pulp pushing against me. The diapers from earlier in the day are now totally cold, and when they mix with the lukewarm diaper that I just added to the bag, it creates a really unique sensation. That unique sensation combined with an orgasm is completely euphoric and the most fun I can possibly have with diapers. Cloth diapers won't/can't "burst" the way disposables do, and they can't duplicate that "mushy" feeling, or that warm/cold mixture that I love.

I should also point out that after what I mentioned above, I'll almost always take a shower, and if I have the house to myself the next day, change into a pair of GoodNites, add some baby power, and cuddle up in bed. If people are returning the next day, then I'll just change into my regular underwear before bed. I have my ways of hiding the diaper mess until trash day.

I just find disposable diapers to be more fun, I don't have any real feelings associated with cloth diapers outside of "gross," and that's from the training pants I wore as a kid. I should also add though that I have nothing against so-called "green" disposable diapers. The Huggies Pure & Natural line of disposable diapers is certainly commendable and uses real cotton rather then artificial SAP. In countries that have actual curbside compost collection, (Canada comes to mind,) the Pure & Natural line is truly eco-friendly, but here in the USA, disposal methods actually need to catch up to eco-friendly products. I'm unaware of any areas that have actual curbside compost collection in the states, but the same can't be said of Canada. My area has been recycling longer then most, but we've fallen behind in things like collection for diaper recycling and other new technologies. (The most recent advancement made in this area has been "single stream" recycling, meaning that nothing needs to be separated anymore, all recycling goes in one can, and all trash goes in another. Of course, that's a major advancement over most places that I've been that still seem to separate plastic, glass, metal, and paper.) Eventually diaper composting or recycling will likely become the norm rather then the exception, and that's when the eco-friendly disposable diapers will pay off in the states. I hope that my post has been insightful.

I could never feel that sense of trust when it comes to cloth diapers. Plus I don't really like having to wear rubber knickers over the top that often leave marks on the skin of my thigh. Disposables ftw ♥

i dont "hate" cloth, i just prefer disposables. no they aren what i grew up with but, its jsut a matter of conveniance. Plus its easier to go around town in a disposable than in a bulky cloth. cloth and plastic pants are good for when your at home.

I've never worn them so I can't hate them. When I was little I was in disposables and when I bought my own they were disposable. I didn't have the luxury of washing them when growing up because I had to hide them so I just decided it would be better if I could just throw them away.

My feelings towards diapers are sexual. Those feelings are usually ignited by the plastic-ness/crinkle that disposables offer. To my brain, cloth diapers are nothing more than sticking a towel between your legs - which does nothing for me.

Of course, there is the other reasons such as cost, trustworthiness, etc.

This is an OK question and reasonable to ask, but isn't it a little like "boxers or briefs" ????

...and for the record, I prefer cloth when I have the choice, but I've gotten used to disposables and will wear them in public confidently where I'm not sure I'd have the confidence (or the ability to cover up) wearing cloth in public.

My intial reason for liking cloth is that I would have worn cloth myself. My kids each wore some of each (though maybe not the oldest...).

Again, though, this shouldn't be such a big riddle. We each have our own preferences all along the line...pee in your diaper? poop in your diaper? Is it a sex object or not - is it an enhancement to sex? Are you AB or DL? Like a bottle or not? Pacifier? Baby food? Plushie? Crib? etc...

I will wear disposable diapers, but I do prefer the cloth ones as that is what my mom changed me into always and I have vivid memories of those diaper changes as I was potty trained at 3 and a half, but because another baby was brought into the family.I regressed back into being unpotty trained I think and wet and messed the bed for many many nights,for a long time and I even recall in grade 5 wearing those cloth diapers underneath my clothes,even thou there was now disposable diapers around at that time.and.I do recall my mom asking me what diaper I did like better..and the answer was cloth,they just feel very warm and comfortable to me and the first diaper put on me after a diaper change by a nurse in the hospital after my accident was a cloth diaper and she said to me that day after I asked her if she had kids replied

."I have 3 kids two twin girls and a boy, all in diapers and I will only use cloth diapers on them"..granted you have laundry to do always but the comfortableness of them outweighs the amount of effort of washing them..at least in my view they do..:girl_baby:

For me, disposables were always more convenient and easier to come by. I've never even tried a cloth outside of makeshift attempts. Actually, if you take away the "crinkle" and "smell" of disposables, many DLs might prefer cloth over disposables simply because it offers more bulk. Just from what I've read, males in general prefer bulk over the whole "crinkle" part. Most likely for sexual reasons, but not necessarily.

I was a baby in the early to mid 50s and all we had were cloth diapers. When I returned to diapers at age 13 disposables would not fit. I got caught because my wet cloth diapers were found while my room was being cleaned.

The first adult disposables I found were called Ambeze, this was in the early 80s, and then I found Attends.

Being a baby of the 50s, I like wearing plastic pants with my disposables and I don't find them any hotter to wear in the summer and I like the extra symbolism, diapers and plastic pants.

As I get older, diapers and plastic pants have become a necessity at night and I love the convenience of disposables. I like the crinkling, the comfort and the capacity disposables offer. I also wear them during the day if I will be away from home for any length of time. For many of us, diapers have become a way of life. As I was laying out the diaper I'm now wearing I was thinking about how natural it is for me to put on diapers and plastic pants. No different than the pants and shirt I'm also wearing.

I don't dislike cloth diapers, I just prefer disposable diapers.