LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cats!

DailyDi

Heartbreaking how many people these days think that pets are disposable. :( We recently adopted a dog from a shelter and when we took her back to get fixed another guy was trying to surrender his dog to the shelter and they could not take it because all their kennels were full.

Poor kitties! I'd love to adopt a cat when I move out (provided my dog can get along with them). I can't right now, though, because my dad is horribly allergic.

Good for you for taking care of the kitties, though! And for finding homes for some of them. =]

So I like to hop jobs. I know your thinking what does this have to do with cats? Just wait I'm getting there. Anyway I have some kind of ADD thing going on because I go CRAZY doing the same job day after day after day. My current job is a manager at an amazing food chain and its awesome because everyday I fill in the gaps and make the place run smoothly, AKA not the same thing every day.

ANYWAY.....I have three fantastic kitties and I worry constantly about my job habits for one main reason: Where would my kitties go if I lost my job and they had no house? So in some weird way its helping me keep jobs longer because I don't want them to be homeless. You see my wife and I have no children and this is as close as it gets. We are some sad people when it comes to the kitties because they get new toys constantly and we even do Christmas for them. One year we put catnip inside the presents so we could take pics of them tearing open presents.

I guess the moral of the story is I don't know why people suck so bad and feel they have to get rid of their animals. But kudos to you DD for people the crazy cat lady!!!

Every-time someone moves out of my neighborhood they leave a pet behind. 5 cats I am feeding now: two litters I've found homes for. When did I become the crazy cat lady?

:thumbsup: Good for you! It does suck when stupid people can't take care of their pets, you wonder what their damn priorities and other obligations are :badmood: Kitties are GREAT! and are affectionate and cuddly :D and defiantly let you know that you are appreciated! I hope you can find them good homes. I adopted one once and she was the greatest companion I had, and it almost killed me when she died :( I hope to adopt another soon....

*:wub: * Kitties = great peoples! :D

Keep up the good work!

Poor kitties! I'd love to adopt a cat when I move out (provided my dog can get along with them). I can't right now, though, because my dad is horribly allergic.

I'm the same except replace dad with mum.

Love cats, well all animals, but as far as domestic pets go, cats!

You are a leg end in your own right. Terrible thing people disowning animals, although not the worst.

You need some sort of cat shaped medal, that or a knickname, Whiskers maybe?

Check your city ordinances. If you are feeding strays or abandoned animals you may also be responsible for tagging them, providing them with shelter and making sure their shots are up to date.

Back in Charlotte there was legally no such thing as an "outdoor cat". If you fed it, it became your property and your responsibility. I knew some folks who were slapped with a large fine by the city b/c they had like 10 stray cats lurking around their house, and they were feeding them.

We had the female cat fixed and get them all shots. As for tags. we tried, they won't wear them - we lost several. They are in an envelope by our front door should the animal folks come checking.

Heartbreaking how many people these days think that pets are disposable. :( We recently adopted a dog from a shelter and when we took her back to get fixed another guy was trying to surrender his dog to the shelter and they could not take it because all their kennels were full.

The real problem is critter dumping. Though this is how I got both of my dogs, I think anyone who would dump or otherwise abandon an animal should be taken out and left for dead in a hostile environment (preferably somewhere like Antarctica without any cold weather gear, or the Sahara while trapped in extreme cold weather gear with the zippers and stuff glued in place), or put on public notice as someone who can be shot on sight (that would make an interesting segment for AMW). At least they get more of a chance at a shelter...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again....."People are stupid, and they suck"....this thread simply serves as additional proof of the "Spoon Wisdom"....lol/sigh...Death to those who are mean to dogs & cats!!! :angry:

What's "Spoon Wisdom"?

I had a few cats of my own and an ex-roommate left me a bunch of them. Over time, they've all passed on except the most annoying of the ex's cats which is still wandering around and howling being over 20 years old right now!

I adore kitties. The most I've ever had at once is 9 (we didn't get our male fixed soon enough - who knew they'd be so fertile?) To our credit, they all lived, got their shots, and found good homes.

Right now, I only technically have one cat (bob-tailed tuxedo female) but she doesn't live with me. I rescued her from neighborhood dogs while staying with my mom for awhile, and now - my mom won't let me have her back, LOL.

I've just recently moved, and have been feeding the couple of strays that hang out at my apartment complex. There are a few of us that feed them, but they are way to wild for anyone to get near.

Getting a shelter kitty (and a new tattoo) are going to be my birthday gifts to myself next month.

All of you who take care of the strays and have adopted/rescued animals- THANK YOU - you rock!!!

• Like 1

2 cats here and Mom just sent a check (donation) to one of our local SPCAs. Both cats are INDOOR cats because we want them around a long time. One is a beautiful Tortie Maine Coon, and the other is a 1 year old adorable but very wild orange tiger cat. (I think he's a real tiger).

Guest little_jonny

if a person is movin and can't take the pet with them, how hard is it to look up or call a animal shelter to drop them off so they have a chance to live a good life and have a new home. thats why i always tell someone to look at animal shelters first for a pet. after about 5-6 months when we put our dalmation down, my mom was finally ready to get a new dog. the first place we went to she fell in love with a dog named ginger.