LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Big Kid Baby Diapers

115 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it'd be cool if companies (such as Pampers or Huggies) made diapers for a DL community?

• Yes, I'd love to have a real baby diaper
    • No, the adult kind are better
    • Yes, but I'd have to see how much it can hold

I would like a realistically babyish diaper, but we know it would be expensive, so for the price it would definitely have to be practical as far as how much it could hold.

Actually, the baby diapers are designed a LOT better than the adult ones. They are far more durable for one thing, and with the size comparison far more absorbent. Also the single tape idea would make it easier to move in them without putting extra stress on the lower part (I sit cross legged a lot). They wouldn't just be cuter, all around they would be better.

It's really a marketing thing.

Parents are looking for the best value when they buy diapers. So to get (and keep) customers companies like Pampers and Huggies have to make a product that is high capacity and high quality for a decent price. Babies are wiggle factories... so their diapers have to be very durable to handle crawling, running, rolling, falling over, etc without busting all over the place when wet or messy. Baby diapers need to be thick and thirsty b/c they often aren't changed for several hours or overnight.

As much as we hate to admit it... most adult diapers are still used by the medical community. Typically by hospitals and nursing homes that are trying to make a buck off of a dying person's last remaining time. They aren't going to spend the money on a high capacity high quality product... so the adult diaper companies make their products thin and cheap. They don't need the capacity b/c (by law) patients are supposed to be checked on every few hours day and night. Adult diapers are also mainly designed for individuals who are bedridden or have limited mobility, so they don't need to be very durable.

I think the closest we have come to an enlarged baby diaper is cushies. Which are good, but very expensive... and they still aren't thick enough.

• Like 2

I've considering becoming anorexic just so I can fit into real baby diapers so this would save me the hassle. JK. Okay, but yeah, definately would wear an adult sized baby diaper. That would be the bomb!!!

the only down side is now adays a realistic baby diaper means cloth like backing... so if it were made plastic backed then HELL YEAH!!!!

but other wise i'll stick with the bambinos for a realistic looking ish baby diaper, because its plastic backed!

The diapers I wear look like the plain baby diapers from 50 years ago. I wear plain gauze diapers with white plastic pants.

I would not wear anything with baby prints because I would have a hard time explaining it to my family. My whole family knows I have a wetting issue and that I wear diapers. IT is not uncommon to walk into my laundry room and see folded diapers or plastic pants hanging up to dry.

The closest thing I have that could be called babyish is a onezie.

the only down side is now adays a realistic baby diaper means cloth like backing... so if it were made plastic backed then HELL YEAH!!!!

but other wise i'll stick with the bambinos for a realistic looking ish baby diaper, because its plastic backed!

Actually, most are staying with the smoother plastic backing anyway, but even then, the clothlike covers for the baby ones are different. Usually there is a layer of plastic where the absorbent padding is so they leak a lot less. Even then, it's a fad that's starting to wear thin (pun alert!). Clothlike is not only the least preferred by adults, but it's not cost effective at all since it takes more processes to get the plastic as fibers and then weave them, not to mention if the environuts found out just how much worse the clothlike covering is to the environment due to this extra process they'll likely find a way to ban the process anyhow. ;) Perhaps mostly wishful thinking, but then again, truth is stranger than fiction.

Me too!!! I would.

I clicked on "YES" only because I figure the concept might be interesting. Wold it or even COULD it happen, doubtful, but a nice concept just thee same. I would even like it if they looked like the one in the diapered water tank photo :thumbsup:

post-2685-073872700 1279768875_thumb.jpe

post-2685-073872700 1279768875_thumb.jpe

• 1 month later...

I agree 'Love the Crinkle'.

I was always interested in diapers even when I was just barely out of them as a toddler. I wore mainly cloth, early 70's, but I was in disposables at night when I trained. Well come my teenage years and my diaper thing just explodes - and at the same time all my little cousins and such were in disposables. You could hear them running up the hall their diapers crinkled so loudly. Back then diapers were thick too, disposables competed with each other on their thickness. Kids in diapers then waddled - toddler clothes had a serious diaper allowance and the looser material didn't do much to muffle the diaper noise. That sound was awesome.

I could cry, I wanted to be dressed just the same.

We had one friend of the family that was a plastic pants over disposables Mom and during a visit to our house after we had moved out of state. I had just turned 13 and I remember one of her boys running around our den, elastic waisted jeans (where today after 'infant' toddler jeans switch to normal waist with no diaper allowance - not the case back then). He had on amber plastic pants, the kind with the waist elastic and leg elastics enclosed in plastic, sticking out the back of his pants you could see his huggies through the orange plastic. If I could have traded places for even five minutes. Later that evening, the mother washed the plastic pants out in the bathroom and left them in the bath tub to dry. I tried them on, but couldn't get them all the way up my legs.

So that sound just does something magical to me - it lets me be that kid in diapers I always wanted to be.

because nothing makes yoyu feel more babyish than having a big thick bum that crinkles when you move, a constant physical and auditory reminder of what a baby you are...

But....Ummmmmm....I'm NOT a baby!...I'm a big kid! :P

On another note, now that we have the Bambino teddy's out and available, does that count towards anything??

Why does everyone want the crinkle? I'm a huge fan of current diapers so cute and soft inside and out.

I generally prefer discretion B) but it's more fun to to be diapered in a manner which makes it clear and obvious that I am in a diaper :blush: I prefer plain white diapers (probably due to my age) but print diapers do have their appeal, even to me :D In a perfect world where being diapered wasn't an issue I would always be in thick and noisy enough diapers so that nobody would have any doubts about what I was wearing :whistling: Oh, to dream :thumbsup: !

Bettypooh

Why does everyone want the crinkle? I'm a huge fan of current diapers so cute and soft inside and out.

"Soft" is a matter of opinion. ;) I find them course and irritating, that's why I like the smoother plastic myself, fewer "rug burns" from walking.

I'm with you duck! We bigger kids rule - even if we can't always keep our pants dry :) I like being old enough to know I shouldn't still be in diapers, but thats just me. I like my bike and video games and legos and pizza and staying up late, all the things the little ones can't do :) More power to the playpen set - you keep your rattles and bottles. I don't need none of that baby stuff. Except maybe this bear, but thats it, just this bear... and maybe my sippy cup. But that's it. Just this bear and this sippy cup. Ohhhh is that a puppy?

• Like 1