LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Reputation System

Sooooooo

I just want to say Thank You to DD and the mods for keeping the reputation system intact... for without it it seems there would be so little for us to bitch about!!!

so thank you thank you thank you for providing us with material to whine about.. without that i fear many people's posts counts (mine included) would be so much lower!!!

• Like 8

Why not actually use the reputation system for the good of the board?

When someone gets to +100 give them special privileges or something.

When someone gets to -100, ban them.

It would reward the well liked quality contributors, and remove the unpopular creepers.

I see a number of members with scores of -100 or less. It would seem to me that these people have done something very wrong to so greatly disturb the regulars here. Why not do something about it and actually make people happy for once?

• Like 1

Why not actually use the reputation system for the good of the board?

When someone gets to +100 give them special privileges or something.

When someone gets to -100, ban them.

It would reward the well liked quality contributors, and remove the unpopular creepers.

I see a number of members with scores of -100 or less. It would seem to me that these people have done something very wrong to so greatly disturb the regulars here. Why not do something about it and actually make people happy for once?

I would if there was a way to prevent abuse. As it is now a small group of people could get someone banned in a couple days by rating down every post you make.

• Like 1

I would if there was a way to prevent abuse. As it is now a small group of people could get someone banned in a couple days by rating down every post you make.

Perhaps that would make people think twice before they posted some of the outright bullshit that I read on here every day. If members knew that they could be effectively ostracized by the community for going too far with things much of the ridiculous creepy behavior and outright lies would end.

I'm pretty blunt with a lot of the assessments I make on here, and I call BS as I see it... yet my overall points are still in the positive range.

Let's face it... to piss off enough people even get near -100 you've got to be continuously doing something very very bad.

Can you name any members with a score of -100 or lower who are actually seen as quality contributors to this site? I bet not.

Why not give some power to the masses and let the membership help guide this place towards a better tomorrow?

• Like 3

Perhaps that would make people think twice before they posted some of the outright bullshit that I read on here every day. If members knew that they could be effectively ostracized by the community for going too far with things much of the ridiculous creepy behavior and outright lies would end.

I'm pretty blunt with a lot of the assessments I make on here, and I call BS as I see it... yet my overall points are still in the positive range.

Let's face it... to piss off enough people even get near -100 you've got to be continuously doing something very very bad.

Can you name any members with a score of -100 or lower who are actually seen as quality contributors to this site? I bet not.

Why not give some power to the masses and let the membership help guide this place towards a better tomorrow?

...a good assessment of the situation, and a good suggestion as well...

I'm in agreement with Darkfinn. However, I do think the ban should be temporary if a person reaches -100, just to assess the reason of banning...i.e., if a person was "ganged up on" or if they were truly causing a problem, followed by permanent ban or a ban lift depending on the assessment outcome.

~ moogle

Well said.

I'm in agreement with Darkfinn. However, I do think the ban should be temporary if a person reaches -100, just to assess the reason of banning...i.e., if a person was "ganged up on" or if they were truly causing a problem, followed by permanent ban or a ban lift depending on the assessment outcome.

~ moogle

I kind of agree :) There should be input from the membership, but not in a compelling manner- if you are that much of a "control freak" you need your own website because nothing else will make you happy and that shows in one's posts, dragging everyone along too sad.gif I like the concept of balance. Since DD can see who is pushing the buttons, perhaps those whose negatives far outweigh their positives could lose their rep priveleges (dunno if that's possible). Or maybe for each 5 negatives that you give, you get one yourself- if you are a respected member here you should receive enough positives to offset that ;) It does seem to me that keeping the members who make a site what it is happy is a good thing :thumbsup: After all, without people (especially good ones) a website is just another boring webpage like thousands of others :o

Bettypooh

Like was said, we do see who is pushing the button. So in all reality we are using the system for what it is intended. Some have been or will have special privileges, some have been passed over because of the same. These things are done in the background for the most part but you will soon see the positive rewards for being a notable member. And that's all I'm saying! whistling.gif

I am begiining to think that the system ought be abolished. It has a high probability of promoting clique and other wars and is already the subject of discord which I do not think we have heard the last of.

• Like 1

sweet im at +2 (found it today). Doesn't mean anything though - I don't look at anyone's profile so reputation is just another misc category to me like your contact information or birthday. But if people are happy about it, more power to you? I respect post count + join date.

dont rep me or i have to keep editing this reply :roflmao:

If there is no way to prevent abusing it then it should not be used at all. It's just another tool for cyber-bullying.

Personally I could care less about it. It is just the internet.

I don't mind the reputation system as is, I do think that if there was ever any kind of real "power" given to it, it would be abused and in a hurry. People tend to prefer being surrounded by people that agree with them, and if tools are available to make such an environment possible... they will probably be used.

As it is now, the usage of the system probably varies, dependent largely on the person that is rep'ing and their current mood. I know if one were to study my usage it would be doubtful if you could determine a pattern (hint: I like +1ing people that have been -1ed, even if I dislike the post ;)). In this form, with no real meaning to it, it's pretty innocuous.

(hint: I like +1ing people that have been -1ed, even if I dislike the post ;)). In this form, with no real meaning to it, it's pretty innocuous.

That in itself constitutes abuse since you are using as a criterion something other than the content of the post. It is also ethicalyy questioable. sort of affirmative action rep'ing

• Like 1

That in itself constitutes abuse since you are using as a criterion something other than the content of the post. It is also ethicalyy questioable. sort of affirmative action rep'ing

It's the internet. Who cares?

• Like 1

Technically, the rep system is for voting up posts/authors that you like, if I use it because I like dissent (I do) and to vote up opposing ideas/writers to encourage dissent, I'm actually using it for its intended purpose and not abusing it. It may very well be unethical according to most if not all ethical systems. But, until at least one human becomes omniscient and infallible, forgive me for disregarding ethical systems and doing something (harmless) that amuses me and makes other people feel better.