LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers And The Summer Heat.

Ugh! These are the days when I absolutly dread wearing plastic pants and cloth diapers. Any diaper gets soaked with sweat if you are outside. But with the plastic pants, you cook. It cost more but the last couple of days I've been wearing disposables in the day, changing more often and only wearing cloth when at home in the AC. I'm planning on taking off tomorrow just so that I don't have to put up with the discomfort and the hassle.

I tried a couple of Wellness Briefs (disposable diapers) and they seem to do very well. But 2 diapers isn't much to test with. I'm going to order a case and see how well they work. According to the product specs, Abena's are a lot more absorbent but I think these may have better leg gathers. Otherwise they seem to be more compfortable and these didn't clump up. I'd say they are worth a closer look. I'll try anything to be more comfortable.

WTF? I have been in electronics for 30 years and I have never heard of a Ohm's law wheel. I mean we were taught the first 3 rules and the rest was on your own. rolleyes.gif

'

WTF? I have been in electronics for 30 years and I have never heard of a Ohm's law wheel. I mean we were taught the first 3 rules and the rest was on your own. rolleyes.gif

Repaid1, three rules!!! I thought that Georg Ohm stated... that the current through a conductor between two points is directly proportional to the potential difference or voltage across the two points, and inversely proportional to the resistance between them, or to simplify, V = I / R, and that that is what is commonly refered to as Ohms Law. Repaid1, what are the other two?

... plus, I think that I might have found the link between Ohms Law and diapers, it is a bit obtuse, but could it be that Georg Ohm has a similar name to a member here? whistling.gif

... plus, I think that I might have found the link between Ohms Law and diapers, it is a bit obtuse, but could it be that Georg Ohm has a similar name to a member here? whistling.gif

Hmmm... if your theory about the link between Ohms Law and diapers is correct, then we

should assume that Ohms Law is a bunch of BS..... :D

'

Repaid1, three rules!!! I thought that Georg Ohm stated... that the current through a conductor between two points is directly proportional to the potential difference or voltage across the two points, and inversely proportional to the resistance between them, or to simplify, V = I / R, and that that is what is commonly refered to as Ohms Law. Repaid1, what are the other two?

E=I/R , E/R=I, I*R=E, and you can add E*R =P

For those that are lost E= Voltage I= Current R= Resistance and P=Power. thumbsup.gif

E=I/R , E/R=I, I*R=E, and you can add E*R =P

For those that are lost E= Voltage I= Current R= Resistance and P=Power. thumbsup.gif

That is three variations of the same mathematical formula, just formulated with each of the constants as the result.

Ohms law is V = I / R ( or in your case E ).

V = I / R. Shift R across the = so instead of it being the divisor, it becomes the multiplier, we come up with

V * R = (I/R) * R , or with I on the left. In maths, we multiply everything by R.

V * R = I

I = V.R

We can also, using the same formula, make R the focus, by shifting V across the = OR by dividing by V.

I = VR

equates to I / V = V*R / V

equates to I / V = R or

R = I / V

They are the three variations of the formula, which are all from the same base law, with either I or V or R as the focus.

• 2 weeks later...

True, heat is something that we have to deal with, but I don't mind it. My diapers are going to be wet anyway, so if I sweat in them too they just get a little wetter.

Ohms Law Wheel!!!! Wow.. Flashback to high school electronics class!

Now if I can just figure out the tie-in to diapers....... :roflmao:

B) I need new glasses!!! When I 1st read it "Ohmy Law Wheel"& thought it was like beening diapered & odd things happen. Like= 1. You hear a knock at the door & open the door wide & say "Yes can I help you!" then realize your in just your diaper. 2.You pass-gas & get more than just gas.(diapered or not) 3. You wet your cloth diaper & hear giggles & realize you didnot wear your plastic pants. (I been there) So let's just get diapered & spin the WHEEL & see what happens!!!:roflmao:

True, heat is something that we have to deal with, but I don't mind it. My diapers are going to be wet anyway, so if I sweat in them too they just get a little wetter.

Its the sweat that causes most rashes and other skin problems. And then there are the times that plastic pants just stick to you skin something terrible. And no disposbale really works completely at night.

Its the sweat that causes most rashes and other skin problems. And then there are the times that plastic pants just stick to you skin something terrible. And no disposbale really works completely at night.

Everyone read my post in the general forum catagory about wearing when out in the heat. Someone there wondered why I posted that and where it came from. I stated this morning that it was becasue others complained about how hot it is in the summer in diapers. This post is that proof!

It depends on what you are use to. I don't sweat in the heat much, being super scrawny and all helps I think, but everyone's body will adjust to different climes. I can't stand winter at all, cold, damp, wet or freezing. *shudder* Also my skin is naturally very oily, which may also account for not noticing heat but cold making me very uncomfortable. Give me 100F days any day ... but anything less than 50F no way. :P

Ugh! These are the days when I absolutely dread wearing plastic pants and cloth diapers. Any diaper gets soaked with sweat if you are outside. But with the plastic pants, you cook.

Of course I understand what you mean. I have disposables and plastic pants. So I wondered about your cloth nappies/diapers whatever, is that a personal choice? I would imagine not only would they make you overheat more but cause more bulk at the rear which is kind of what I am usually wary about, showing through trousers etc.

Two things strike me here. :boxing: [ouch!!! did you see that?!]...

...seriously, firstly I live in the UK where the temperature never gets past thirty, okay I do gom out on my bike or walking on a hot day makes me sweat a lot, but I am lucky to live 5mins walk from the beach, so it is a quick change and into the sea!!!!!!!!!

:drive1:

Guest Poopy Wipes

I have a problem I'm not sure how many others get: when I am in extreme heat and sweat, the friction between my legs and...um...my genitals (balls) creates a yucky gooey type substance. I'm not sure how else to desrcibe it, but it's just something that results from the constantrubbing. It's not a rash or anything, just a weird stcky substance that you can actually observe. It RALLY sucks. I've always had it. I'm not fat too, 150 pounds. So it's not fat ass syndrome.

I find, therefore, that wetting a diaper while in extreme heat eases this weird phenomenon. NO, it's not the number 2 I'm talking about with the "substance". But yea, being wet in heat eases this.

I'm glad this thread stopped with the Ohms laws because I came here for diaper talk, not science.

Of course I understand what you mean. I have disposables and plastic pants. So I wondered about your cloth nappies/diapers whatever, is that a personal choice? I would imagine not only would they make you overheat more but cause more bulk at the rear which is kind of what I am usually wary about, showing through trousers etc.

One word: COST. It is just overall cheaper to wear cloth. Though I do wear disposables more often than I used to. But I can't do that too much. Yes, bulk is a problem but I don't have much of a choice. I have to wear a diaper and I just can't afford to wear the good disposable I would need every day or even just the work day. There are times when I do switch to a disposable. Airline travel, when I need to wear a suit and others. I have tried all sorts of solutions to hide bulk and some work somewhat. Lycra shorts over a thin diaper and plastic pants helps but I have to change more often.

There is a disposable by Wellness diaper that advertises that you only need 3 diapers per day because they are so absorbent. I've bought a case and will try them our some weekend. I have my doubts but who knows?

One word: COST.

Okay, thanks for that. I wondered if you are on diapers through medical need, don't they get supplied by healthcare services?

All mine are delivered directly to home through the NHS; it's a bit of a pain actually as they insist on sending three months supply at one time which is three cases!

Okay, thanks for that. I wondered if you are on diapers through medical need, don't they get supplied by healthcare services?

All mine are delivered directly to home through the NHS; it's a bit of a pain actually as they insist on sending three months supply at one time which is three cases!

No. We don't have universal healthcare here in the U.S. But that is fine. It isn't anyone else's responsibility to provide for me. I need food, water, diapers, etc, it is up to me to get them. I'm not interested in a hand-out.

Now if I was smart and on the ball, I could have been compensated by the woman who caused the auto accident but the problem seemed to get better and at the time I didn't want to make a bid deal of it with a lawsuit. Had I known then what I know now, I most certainly would have sued for a lifetime supply of supplies.

• 3 weeks later...

No. We don't have universal healthcare here in the U.S. But that is fine. It isn't anyone else's responsibility to provide for me. I need food, water, diapers, etc, it is up to me to get them. I'm not interested in a hand-out.

Now if I was smart and on the ball, I could have been compensated by the woman who caused the auto accident but the problem seemed to get better and at the time I didn't want to make a bid deal of it with a lawsuit. Had I known then what I know now, I most certainly would have sued for a lifetime supply of supplies.

My online GF lives in San Francisco. She knows of my condition. She was amazed at the difference in our health care, especially when I told her that if I were ill and had problems looking after myself, I have a number to call and a nurse is supplied to look after me. And that is through standard NHS care; why the US in contrast seems so different and uncaring is alien to me, I feel for you and glad that I don't live there.

O good lord, please stop with the math stuff, my mind hurts as it is, lol. AS the post was about summer heat and plastic pants. Fir me in the summer time i wear abena air plus diapers. they breath alittle bit, and i use alot of rash creams. from fall to spring. I wear molicare plus now, used to wear depends max protect but they dont hold as much as molicare or abena does. I also if im going to be out for awhile and dont mind the wearing a big thick diaper, I wear a bambino with a booster pad, the bamino hold alot and they are best at night for me. I only wear plasit pants during long trips in the car, or when im in NYC since its hard to find places to change, and during the winter time helps hold heat in. always at night as im a super soaker at night I can flood a bambino from front to back at night.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For me I find that Attends 10 briefs w/waistband work best for me during the summer heat. I know these aren't the most absorbent brief on the market when compared to others, however with six tapes total in which don't rip the brief when being undone, and on top of that added the CRINKLE of the plastic which is music to my ear. You just can't find a better brief that keeps you cool down there and doesn't chaff. Overall its a great diaper for daytime use.

And once again the weather is turning cooler so this thread will fade away for a few months as we get to enjoy the extra warmth of our special underwear as others freeze their behinds off :lol:

I almost tried some of the 'breathable' plastic panties with a cloth top-section this year because of the heat :rolleyes: but I managed without them. I did find that on the worst days perspiration was taking away some of the capacity because I perspire a lot :blush: I managed to get into a situation where I was soaked from head-to-toe with that (alone by myself thank goodness) when I noticed the strange dryness of my plastic-covered butt in the mirror :roflmao: What a reversal of the usual problem :whistling: !!!!

Bettypooh

When I reached puberty I reverted to bedwetting. Before that my bladder was small and over-active. Therefore my Mom would nicely ask me to wear "just in case" diapers on trips and for special events.

Some people who never had bladder problems might consider what Mom did to be selfish. Bladder disease runs in our family. Mom, her mother (Granny Vi) and Mom's sister (Aunt Betsy) are all urinary incontinent. So are all three of my sisters. While the family always hoped we would escape the family bladder curse, Mom felt it best that we get used to a lifetime of diapers.

As a kid most of our trips were during the summer. That was back in the 1960s, so Mom only used pinned gauze diapers, classic Curity 21x40, with Gerber vinyl panties. To me the sensation of a hot California day wearing pull-on vinyl panties seemed normal. When I saw other kids I always assumed they were diapered and the time I saw a girl my size, at age 8, use a toilet by herself I felt her mother was careless.

Times change. Since I left home for university I have only rarely worn gauze diapers and vinyl panties during the day, summer or winter. When it is cold and rainy, on weekends when I am not working, I really find the warmth of gauze diapers inside vinyl panties to be comforting. Here in Southern California we had some heat in April, followed by a cool, often gloomy, summer. In Mid September we did set an all-time heat record, but since then it has cooled. Here we need to be prepared for heat in every month. Brush fire season used to run until January. Now we can expect brush fires at any time. Same with really hot days.

Most days when I am working all I need are slip-in pads held with knit cotton ladies briefs. They do ventilate better than conventional diapers. I keep a supply of Attends Breathable on hand for days my pads are not enough. I also keep a supply of Attends Youth, which are classic poly-plastic shell, on hand for sleeping away from home and when I am sick at home. I admit I no longer am used to wearing such a sealed diaper in heat. If it is a hot humid day while I need an Attends Youth, I crank up the air conditioning.