LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plastic Pants Over Disposables

In spite of my disposables having a plastic backing (Tena Slip Maxi) I always wear plastic pants over the top of them as I feel more secure that way. Am I strange to want to wear both or do most people wear plastic pants over the top too?

" Am I strange to want to wear both or do most people wear plastic pants over the top too?"

not at all Depending on the diapers I use plastic pants over disp all the time, however since i started using bambnino,abeana, amd secure diapers i havent really needed to unless i need to wear kacki pants or dress slacks and then its is usually just for "crinkle" protection. I dont really like wearing PP since they chaff and get uncomfortable after long peroids. but if I am stuck with cheaper diapers i will absolutly wear PP over them.

I always wear plastic pants over the top of my disposable, usually a cosy n dry bikini style pair.(Like the ones in my avi)

I enjoy wearing plastic pants just as much as a diaper, it makes me feel more comfortable and confident there will be no leaks.

Many other profoundly urinary incontinent people wear various kinds of waterproof pants over disposables.

One trick is to use a "layered" approach. After putting on the disposable, cover that with snug cotton pants or briefs. Then cover both with the waterproof pants. Doing that prevents the plastic from the diaper touching and sticking to the waterproof pants. Thus the diaper and the pants can move separately, just as waterproof pants work with cloth diapers.

To keep the combination discreet, you can wear a thinner disposable since the cotton pants will catch minor leaks. Since the cotton briefs are ordinary they can be discreetly washed along with other laundry without attracting attention.

I always wear plastic pants over my disposables don't trust the disposables very much .I think that comes from bad experiences with depends they were awful .I now use tena supers and they do a better job .Hope that helps .PS i love plastic pants anyways lol

yep, I do that, always wear plastic pants over my disposables, I wear a pull on cloth pants diaper over my disposable, you would be surprised how many times the cloth pants are damp in the leg, croth area even though you thought the diaper was nowere near soaked.

Save embarrising spots on pants and seats. :thumbsup:

Guest nappy_pants

I always wear Plastic's over my disposables, I wear them 24/7 tbh and they just become routine in gettinbg dressed.

If I'm going out then it's a Tena pull up and plastic pants with a womans slim girdle pant thing over the top to hide it all under my jeans.

At home it's just my disposables and my plastic pants.

It is usual for me to wear a pair of plastic pants over my disposable as you seem to be able to tell whether you are leaking before it becomes a problem that others can see, there is just a certain feeling that any moisture between Nappy and Plastic pants make it obvious there is a problem and gives you time to do something about it.

Plastic pants do seem to be fairly poor quality as they only last me about three and a half weeks before going all rigid and splitting :badmood:

It is usual for me to wear a pair of plastic pants over my disposable as you seem to be able to tell whether you are leaking before it becomes a problem that others can see, there is just a certain feeling that any moisture between Nappy and Plastic pants make it obvious there is a problem and gives you time to do something about it.

Plastic pants do seem to be fairly poor quality as they only last me about three and a half weeks before going all rigid and splitting :badmood:

I totaly agree with you you can detect a leak long before it becomes obvious to others wearing plastic or rubber pants, but I have no problems with plastic pants only lasting a few weeks, some of my pants are a few years old and are still in great condition, in the past I have purchased cheaper vynil pants that only lasted a little while, I buy Garys snap fronts and they last quite a while with minamal care.

I also wear plastic pants over my disposable diapers... I've had disposables split in the back, and had the "fluffing" fall out of my pant leg, (Try to explain that to a co-worker!)

I've also had pin-hole leaks in the plastic, which results in wet spots on my slacks. These

problems disappear with plastic pants. And the plastic pants I use also muffle the crinkle

sound of some of the noisy disposables.

I pretty much use plastic pants from babykins most of the time... The thicker mil plastic

pants they sell last me several months, and the leg elastics don't pinch or chaff either.

Waterproof panties do need proper care to last. Most rash creams, vasciline, oils, etc are bad for plastic and rubber. If you use them be sure that they are covered by the diaper and not touching the plastic panty. Also, wash/rince them off after they have been exposed to urine.

wribbit

during the day time not really unless im going out for along time and dont know of any places to change when out. other then that i wear plastic pants at night because thats when i wet the most and I some times have a loose #2 when in a deep sleep. and i dont want to wake up with wet sheets.

but now im starting to wear my plastis pants all the time. i kinda like knowing im protected from leaks.

I totaly agree with you you can detect a leak long before it becomes obvious to others wearing plastic or rubber pants, but I have no problems with plastic pants only lasting a few weeks, some of my pants are a few years old and are still in great condition, in the past I have purchased cheaper vynil pants that only lasted a little while, I buy Garys snap fronts and they last quite a while with minamal care.

Try Comco. As I have said elsewhere the thinner material is not as good as the thicker. I have some Comco's shere the elestic is all stretched out and the material is still in pretty good condition

As a person that in incontinant I never wear plastic pants for several reasons. First of all if you change as you are suppose to then you don't really need them. Also, I found that I would sweat real bad when I wore them. The other issue I had was when I do a "quick change" or change in the car the plastic pants just get in the way BIG TIME.

Personally for me they are more trouble then they are worth. I simply wear a disposable diaper and when I need to change I do, and it keeps eveything simple.

As a person that in incontinant I never wear plastic pants for several reasons. First of all if you change as you are suppose to then you don't really need them. Also, I found that I would sweat real bad when I wore them. The other issue I had was when I do a "quick change" or change in the car the plastic pants just get in the way BIG TIME.

Personally for me they are more trouble then they are worth. I simply wear a disposable diaper and when I need to change I do, and it keeps eveything simple.

I am profoundly urinary incontinent. This means I wet in frequent dribbles, very much like an infant. The upside is this is what most diapers are designed to contain.

Sure, with cloth diapers I do wear vinyl panties. I hardly ever do so with disposables because while awake I am confident my disposables will not leak. I change disposables well before they are soaked.

The classic solution to the excess sweating when covering disposables with waterproof pants is to either wear "bedwetter" pants or first cover the disposable with some sort of cotton brief before pulling on your plastic pants. The cotton briefs will soak up the sweat and reduce contact between your skin and the plastic. To me the downside to bedwetter pants is the cloth part is permanently attached to the plastic pants, rendering that difficult and slow to wash and dry effectively. The separate cotton brief and plastic pant simplifies washing them.

For you guys: Since you are wearing a disposable diaper, you will not need a fly in your cotton briefs. For this purpose I suggest buying Ladies briefs in your size to fit snug when they are new. Trust me, they will stretch out. Then when you want to dress like a big boy, switch to Men's briefs.

I am profoundly urinary incontinent. This means I wet in frequent dribbles, very much like an infant. The upside is this is what most diapers are designed to contain.

Sure, with cloth diapers I do wear vinyl panties. I hardly ever do so with disposables because while awake I am confident my disposables will not leak. I change disposables well before they are soaked.

The classic solution to the excess sweating when covering disposables with waterproof pants is to either wear "bedwetter" pants or first cover the disposable with some sort of cotton brief before pulling on your plastic pants. The cotton briefs will soak up the sweat and reduce contact between your skin and the plastic. To me the downside to bedwetter pants is the cloth part is permanently attached to the plastic pants, rendering that difficult and slow to wash and dry effectively. The separate cotton brief and plastic pant simplifies washing them.

For you guys: Since you are wearing a disposable diaper, you will not need a fly in your cotton briefs. For this purpose I suggest buying Ladies briefs in your size to fit snug when they are new. Trust me, they will stretch out. Then when you want to dress like a big boy, switch to Men's briefs.

Angela, I agree 100% with changing the disposables way before they are soaked. I personally think a quality booster pad is a million times better than plastic pants.

As a guy that sees his diapers as "underware" it is tough to feel like a guy wearing plastic pants..lol!

For day use I prefer the Attends with waistband with the Abena Maxi booster pad, and that for me is the winning combination. I can easily go 3/4 of a day with no worries of a leak, but I prefer to change at least 4 times a day and I found with the booster pads plastic pants are not needed at all.

I will often wear a pull-on disposable (Tranquility) for convenience sake changing only at home. Over that a pair of woman's cotton panties (brief style) and over that plastic pants. I am incontinent (frequent dribbles) from prostate surgery. One minor word of caution and I've found this as a long time user, the chemicals that absorb moisture can also rob you of normal skin moisture. I use a small amount of Vaseline on my genitals before dressing.

John2Jane2John

Im still a little new tot his but what are these plastic pants OP is talking about?

Plastic pants are exactly what they say they are. Pants made of plastic. Specifically, they are made of a soft, flexible plastic and have elasticated openings. They are primarily used with cloth nappies to provide waterproofing, but many who use disposables also wear them to provide extra leak protection in case of flooding.

Link to page showing plastic pants

• 2 weeks later...

You should try PUL (polyurethane Laminated) waterproof pants they are really drurable and never go brittle. There is a big move towards reuable all-in-one diaper for babies and therefore a lot of PUL material is becoming available (some of it in nice patterns too) Also plastic pants tend to harden when exposed to wee wee for long periods before washing so it's best to at least wipe them over inside between changes. I have ordered some white PVC used for matresses and duvet covers and it looks like this will make up into nice soft pants that should not harden.