LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Rash. Its Hurts

Hello, everyone. I have started to develop a diaper rash. in the croch area. in the area wear my legs meet my hips. ok wear the diaper leg openings are. i have used creams, powders, and still im red and it hurts and burns when i move and walk. I been changing more offten now. my doctor thought it was having my diaper to tight. but its not. i went from med size to the large depends. as they cover more and fit better but i could never get them too tight. in 8 yrs i never had a rash that lasted more then a couple of days this has been a couple of weeks now. my wife thinks its in grown hairs, that the diaper has worn down the skin from rubbing. but i had laser hair removel down there 4 yrs ago. i wounder if its starting to come back. any ideas. if i was allowed i would post i pic of the rash area. but since under age kids do lie and come on here i dont want to post anything with pics in it.

are they clothe of plastic backed. i notice when i where the new depends fitted briefs ther cut into to my dangly thing. if you are using a clothe backed try to wear a plastice backed for a couple days to see if that helps. it took lots of time for my legs to get use to the clothe like outer

very sorry your having this problem i has had it in that area too and it is painful

try aloe gel. if you have numbing creme that helps

if you can try not wear diaper lay on it and keep a pillow between the knees so that rash gets aired . sunshine would help

what kind of wipes do you use ? are you getting all dry in the leg creases ?

hope you feel better

Hello, everyone. I have started to develop a diaper rash. in the croch area. in the area wear my legs meet my hips. ok wear the diaper leg openings are. i have used creams, powders, and still im red and it hurts and burns when i move and walk. I been changing more offten now. my doctor thought it was having my diaper to tight. but its not. i went from med size to the large depends. as they cover more and fit better but i could never get them too tight. in 8 yrs i never had a rash that lasted more then a couple of days this has been a couple of weeks now. my wife thinks its in grown hairs, that the diaper has worn down the skin from rubbing. but i had laser hair removel down there 4 yrs ago. i wounder if its starting to come back. any ideas. if i was allowed i would post i pic of the rash area. but since under age kids do lie and come on here i dont want to post anything with pics in it.

I have had diaper rashes and when it last to long or gets harder to deal with I go to a Dermatologist. They specialize in skin problems and can help determine the cause and maybe get it healed. I go to a female dermatologist and have no problem showing my diaper area and other problems. I have been fighting a fungus that caused my rash for a while now with help. Good luck hope you get better.

I have had prescriptions for diaper rash. The stuff I had smelled like Cruex spray powder. The next time I had diaper rash, I used Cruex. It worked well.

CORN STARCH...CORN STARCH...CORN STARCH...Works great to stop the burning sensation. Sprinkle it on like baby powder, burning sensation will go away almost instantly.

thank you for all your help. im going to try some of your ideas. O yes I wash down there with dial soap. and my diapers are the plasic back type with three tapes. I also lastnight tried the three bond baby powder. and wow I had this cool feeling down there. felt good. until i soaked my self watching a movie at the theater. near the end of the two hr long movie. i had to go the rest room. and clean up. MY wife got me attends cleaning cloths. witch work good. and i rubbed some rash cream and put the baby powder on. and felt better again. ill have to start doing this from now on. i never used any thing down there unless i had a rash. but from ready im going to start using the baby powder all the time now.

• 2 weeks later...

thank you for all your help. im going to try some of your ideas. O yes I wash down there with dial soap. and my diapers are the plasic back type with three tapes. I also lastnight tried the three bond baby powder. and wow I had this cool feeling down there. felt good. until i soaked my self watching a movie at the theater. near the end of the two hr long movie. i had to go the rest room. and clean up. MY wife got me attends cleaning cloths. witch work good. and i rubbed some rash cream and put the baby powder on. and felt better again. ill have to start doing this from now on. i never used any thing down there unless i had a rash. but from ready im going to start using the baby powder all the time now.

also some forms of diaper rash are not diaper rash but a form of Yeast infection that will not go away with A&D or other zinc oxide cream. these are painfull and are usually in bright red splotches, When diaper rash cream dosent clear it up in a few days try using monistat cream( over the counter cream for vaginal yeast infections) this works really well, also antifungal cream ( usualy used for athlete foot) works well but not as well as monitstat.

thank you for all your help. im going to try some of your ideas. O yes I wash down there with dial soap. dial soap can be very drying and my diapers are the plasic back type with three tapes. I also lastnight tried the three bond baby powder. and wow I had this cool feeling down there. felt good. until i soaked my self watching a movie at the theater. near the end of the two hr long movie. i had to go the rest room. and clean up. MY wife got me attends cleaning cloths. witch work good. and i rubbed some rash cream and put the baby powder on. and felt better again. ill have to start doing this from now on. i never used any thing down there unless i had a rash. but from ready im going to start using the baby powder all the time now.

thats what it was a yeast infection. my doctor told me to use a female type cream. cleared it up in a couple of days. i never had that happen before. i think it could have been from that lately i have to wait alittle longer before changing. and i ment long after it turns cold. so yeah. now im changing it just as i feel it starting to turn cold. i dont like to change it soon after i have a wetting. as soon after i wet again. and some times i may wet three or four times before i my bladder is done.

When that happens, I use a generous application of zinc oxide cream, which is basically the generic form of Desitin as stated above. Sometimes after having a rash in that area, the skin there will get thick and peel. After that, I'm normally fine. Typically, it starts bright red, kinda like a bad sunburn, then darkens, the skin begins to feel like leather, then it peels. It's probably not going to feel better right away, but the Desitin will help with the pain/itching and the healing process. If the rash persists, then you should see if your doctor could suggest/prescribe a stronger antibacterial cream.

I've never had laser hair removal before, so I don't know if the rash is a result of that, but it sounds possible. I keep my diaper area (crotch, thighs, and butt/crack) shaved, so I have thought about having the hair removed, but not sure yet if it's worth it. If I get hair removed down there, I want it to be permanent.

thats what it was a yeast infection. my doctor told me to use a female type cream. cleared it up in a couple of days. i never had that happen before. i think it could have been from that lately i have to wait alittle longer before changing. and i ment long after it turns cold. so yeah. now im changing it just as i feel it starting to turn cold. i dont like to change it soon after i have a wetting. as soon after i wet again. and some times i may wet three or four times before i my bladder is done.

Try to make sure you change every 6 to 8 hours. I've gone a day before, and it starts to burn. I wouldn't recommend it. As the urine breaks down, it forms the acid ammonium, and will begin to do damage to your skin long before you know it, so once it start's to burn, the damage is already done, and the rash is already there. I personally change on average around every 6 hours. I think 6 to 8 hours sounds like a good round estimate. If you find you don't need to change that often, then you may need to drink more water. The less you pee, the more concentrated the urine is, and the faster a rash can set in. You may not want to change often due to the inconvenience of it, but it's your body, and you should treat it right. Sorry for going on and on and on and on about it. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Normally, urine does not cause a yeast infection. It is more likely to be from sweat. Plastic coated diapers can trap sweat between the diaper and your inside leg area, so to avoid this, wear cloth that will keep the outside of the diaper from touching your skin. Something that can perform this task well is a pair of underwear or the woolen tights. This also reduces the chances of friction burns, which are as if not more painful than diaper rash.

when im home i just wear my diapers and a shirt. my wife says it helps to keep air around my diaper to keep me from sweating to much. when out on my normal day. i wear boxer briefs to one try to hide the diaper, and also hold it nice and tight plus i noticed it kinda wicks away sweat from the diaper on my leg area. I think i got the yeast infection/diaper rash. from when I wasnt able to change my diaper for a couple of hours after it started to turn cold. but know things are better, MY boss told me if i need to go and change in order not to have any discomfort. to do so. as he says the job will get done better if im not in any discomfort,

• 2 weeks later...

when im home i just wear my diapers and a shirt. my wife says it helps to keep air around my diaper to keep me from sweating to much. when out on my normal day. i wear boxer briefs to one try to hide the diaper, and also hold it nice and tight plus i noticed it kinda wicks away sweat from the diaper on my leg area. I think i got the yeast infection/diaper rash. from when I wasnt able to change my diaper for a couple of hours after it started to turn cold. but know things are better, MY boss told me if i need to go and change in order not to have any discomfort. to do so. as he says the job will get done better if im not in any discomfort,

I'm glad its all better, and that your boss is cool about your diapers (although legally he has to be) but its a good thing for people to know that if a rash does not go away after 2-3 days with zinc oxide that it could be a yeast infection and to try something else. I always have monistat creme along with zinc oxide when a rash does come around my way again.

• 2 weeks later...

Normally, urine does not cause a yeast infection. It is more likely to be from sweat. Plastic coated diapers can trap sweat between the diaper and your inside leg area, so to avoid this, wear cloth that will keep the outside of the diaper from touching your skin. Something that can perform this task well is a pair of underwear or the woolen tights. This also reduces the chances of friction burns, which are as if not more painful than diaper rash.

You're right, rashes that bad are usually caused by sweat more than from pee. I had the same problem and no rash cream or powder would help, not even zeasorb powder. My doctor prescribed oxystat (think prescription strength vagisil on steroids) which helped but even that couldn't get rid of the rash. It turns out my problem was the Depends diapers. The are absolutely lousy at absorbing sweat and not so good at locking in pee. Of course I didn't realize how bad they were until I switched to the old style Attends with waistband (they are still called the same but have been recently re-designed with way too many cut backs and are now on par with Depends). Incidentally I could go more than the 4 hours max I used to have before needing a change, and they had less leaks. I've since switched up to Abena x-pluses and those are even better (especially at night since those have never leaked on me except once when I drank way too much).

i use the depends diapers. as they are easy to get. and my medical covers them. also the three tape type work for me. as i tend to wet alot. and i leak all the time. if a drink something i say with in 30 mins or so. im leaking pretty good then its a dribble for awhile. I have asked my doctor on taking any meds for my problem. and she tells me most of the meds she can give me. cause other problems that i cant have. since having heart valve problems, and one helps control bladded and gives bowl problems. yeah like i need that. lol. at night i use the bambino diapers as they work very well with holding the amount i wet and mess during my sleep. funny thing is i dont mess during the day time. only when sleeping. doctor states its because my body relaxes in sleep mode that all in all i sleep like a baby. lol witch is funny as im also an AB. so it kinda works out. I would like to find a good diaper that breathes better for the summer time that is like the depends fitted maximum protection three tape diapers. I heard in the UK they got better diapers then here in the states.