LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Disposal

Just wondering what people do to their used diapers.

For disposables, I bag them and then throw them in my diaper pail. I've found that if I throw them straight into the trash they end up stinking up the whole garage :(

For cloth, I prefer the wet method. Place them in the pail and add water and a little bit of vinegar. It makes them easy to wash.

For disposables, I tie them up tightly in a plastic grocery bag and then throw them in with my regular trash. When I used to wear cloth, I would try to wash them soon after using, but when I couldn't, I would tie them up tightly in a plastic bag until I could wash them. It kept them from stinking the place up.

I toss em in a plastic bag form the grocery store and then in the trash can stored in the garage. I normally don’t mess a diaper so the smell is not to bad. Summer time it can get a bit ugly. The issue I have the weight of the trash can, it can get heavy some times. Sometimes I split the trash up between two cans. And we get trash pickup twice a week.

Cloth can sit in a 5 gallon bucket with water until I get to washing normally a day or two later.

Just wondering what people do to their used diapers.

For disposables, I bag them and then throw them in my diaper pail. I've found that if I throw them straight into the trash they end up stinking up the whole garage :(

For cloth, I prefer the wet method. Place them in the pail and add water and a little bit of vinegar. It makes them easy to wash.

My disposables (at home) go in a plastic shopping bag under my sink until the bag gets full than I ship it out to the outside trash cans along our country road. On the road I have a diaper bag with a lined end to put the disposables in till I get to a place to dump them in the trash cans.

My cloth go in a large diaper hamper with a closed lid, my wife usually sprays the pail with a diaper refresher. If and when they are messy they get rinsed in the toilet than put in the pail. Once a week they get washed and folded back in our room.

Erm, put them in a nappy bag, put them in the household waste.

It's not like people go through it.

My neighbour got a fine for over fillinf her bin with stuff that could have been recycled. The bin police is out there!

Bags and bin work for me.

Normally I wear disposables when I must function as a responsible adult and at home I wear pinned gauze diapers. When my husband Don designed our current home, one bedroom in the master suite wing was intended as my adult nursery. An alcove of our master bedroom has counters and cabinets above to store a mass of diapers and related supplies. Below the sink there is a small refrigerator for milk and juice. Beside that there is a trash compactor. Any disposables I remove at home go in the compactor, which is vented to the outside. So is another lower compartment holding the plastic container for my soaked cloth diapers. Most days a load of my gauze diapers are run through the washer and drier.

Away from home I carry a supply of plastic bags. These are orange and opaque. As much as I would like to be discreet, I feel an obligation to alert trash handlers that my used disposables are bio hazardous. After placing the used diaper in the plastic bag, I tie the open end into a knot. My concern is that twist ties have a bad habit of coming un-twisted at the wrong times.

Roll 'em tight, bag 'em and chuck 'em in the household trash. I'll normally make sure they're covered by something and not on show but as abrera said, nobody goes through the bin so once they've disappeared under something else, they're gone. If it's a little stinkier, it gets double bagged :blush: and straight into the wheely-bin outside. During hot GA summers, the trash can frequently stinks to high heaven anyway so a couple of diapers won't exactly be noticeable. I normally slosh a bit of bleach into the bottom after it's been emptied to kill off the stink.

Cloth, I only wear them occasionally and they go straight in the washing machine when they come off. If, for whatever reason they can't be done straight away, they get tightly bagged, hidden away and washed ASAP (certainly inside a day).

My disposables get put into a Ziploc bag, then dropped into a 5 gal size pail with a tight fitting lid and a box of baking soda. Then once a week when they pick up the trash I put the bagged diapers into a kitchen trash bag tied off, which goes into the regular kitchen trash. No odor, no hassle and discreet ;)

My cloth diapers get rinsed in the sink several times until there's no yellow in the water, then washed within 48 hours. If visitors are coming I leave them in the corner of the bath until laundry time with the curtain drawn, putting them in the sink if I need the tub. Risky? Somewhat, but my visitors are respectful and not the kind to pry around. No others are allowed in my home or my life B)

I'm not 'out' about being DL but people in my life know to not expect normalcy from me :wacko: so I doubt that learning about that would make much difference if any :angel_not: If it does then I wouldn't want them in my life anyway :o:P:lol:

Bettypooh

disposable diapers I bag up when I take it off and it goes in a trash bin under my bathroom sink. When that gets full I take it out and put it in our trashcan. Cloth diapers I rinse in the shower and put in a bucket with a lid. When the bucket is full I do a load of diaper wash. Usually the trash bin is emptied twice a week and I do at least one load of cloth diapers a week, sometimes two.

1: Put in trash bag.

2: When bag is full, add to trash pile outside.

3: Burn trash pile.

It helps to live out in the country, as I figure town/city folk might get into trouble for doing that.

I throw them away in the kitchen now under the sink and keep the door closed.

Waiting till the right moment to move aye Spokane?

Would give the new residents a right fright finding months of used diapers under the kitchen sink!!

My neighbour got a fine for over fillinf her bin with stuff that could have been recycled. The bin police is out there!

Bags and bin work for me.

we recycle every thing that can be,even food waste goes in the compost bin...so the only thing in the bin out side is....

wet and some times poopy nappies tied up in nappy sacks,i do not think the bin police would want to go in there :roflmao:

Oops...you just reminded me that I've got a couple disposables sitting up in my closet in a plastic grocery bag! Yikes! Got to get that OUT before it starts to smell!! (My wife and I have separate closets, so I can do this without her noticing.)

I usually put them into plastic bags, tie them off, and bring them just outside to a small plastic shed my family never uses. From there, I take them to the dump weekly with the rest of my trash. I have sometimes put them into a big trash can in my garage, but UNDER the plastic liner - that seems to help keep the odor down. My garage isn't heated so it's easier to do this in the winter. In the summertime, the stink can be a little too much for leaving them in the garage.

When I wear cloth, I usually wear for only a matter of hours and wash what I've used that same day.

we live in an apartment building in Toronto. That means most of my disposables go into the garbage chute. I take some to work with me as they have a green bin for compost etc. That bin accepts diapers for recycling. I can get a dozen in there each week. That still leaves a few dozen for the garbage chute.

Cloth diapers are usually washed the same day. I rinse them off in the shower and then Daddy washes them.