LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Autism And Diapers?

Just discovered this. On the spectrum. Not objective by any means this is just my personal experience but hear it goes. I like to wear diapers for the feeling of liberation/middle finger to society and while I don't necessarily do age play.... After reading some of the "Diaper Dimension" stories I found that I strongly identified with the Littles. I don't know, I feel like adding that to the kaleidoscope of identities has helped me feel more at peace with my alterabled status. The idea that I can be a fully functional adult, just one that needs extra care, love and support; is extremely comforting. It feel like it provides away to integrate my queer identity(pansexual agender fem if your curious), my neuro status(autism spectrum/mixed depression and anxiety), and my kink side.  So yeah Autistic NB fem here who's also an Adult Little.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Hi! I have Asperger's.

Part of the reason I'm in diapers is not directly related to my autism - I have a neurological condition which has meant that my continence was always shaky, so it was a relief to get back into diapers.

However, as a result of having Asperger's (and ADHD) for which I was not medicated or effectively treated, I was infantilised (in the non-AB/DL sense) for a long time, and I think that might have had something to do with it, too.

• Like 2
  • 4 years later...

Yeah no matter how successful I feel, it's like I don't feel ready to leave pull ups and diapers behind. I know I can make it to the toilet but I still feel scared every time my bladder feels any pressure. The idea of letting go or having an accident is comforting to me but at the same time I don't want to smell like a used toilet every where I go. I love the northshore GoSupreme pull ups but it's too expensive for me to purchase and use regularly. My partner gently told me they don't want me to wear around them and I'm trying to respect that, but the urge doesn't go away. I did have an accident once in front of them but i felt sensory overload in that moment and accidents don't usually happen to me. My doctor believes it's because of my Autism processing my senses is impacting it. Beyond trying not to be dehydrated, I haven't received any other response from my doctor. I don't understand how anyone can hold it in for 2 hours at least and be considered healthy. My partner has diabetes and autism yet they have to go less often and seems like they can hold it better than me.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi there i believe that there's a link between everything  what was talked about. the subject is not new. 

There are several papers published between Gender Dysphoria and autism, diapers and paraphylic infantilism. Perhaps there's also a link between those who want to achive incontinence and Body integrity dysphoria. Is it a neuro development disorder ? or just a different form of the brain working.

Self-Reported Childhood Maltreatment and Erotic Target Identity Inversions Among Men with Paraphilic Infantilism: Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy: Vol 45, No 8 (tandfonline.com)

Gender Dysphoria and Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Systematic Review of the Literature - PubMed (nih.gov)

Body integrity dysphoria - Wikipedia

I leave some papers published.

capcon2020.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, BabyPeter said:

Hi there i believe that there's a link between everything  what was talked about. the subject is not new. 

There are several papers published between Gender Dysphoria and autism, diapers and paraphylic infantilism. Perhaps there's also a link between those who want to achive incontinence and Body integrity dysphoria. Perhaps it's a different form of the brain working.

Self-Reported Childhood Maltreatment and Erotic Target Identity Inversions Among Men with Paraphilic Infantilism: Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy: Vol 45, No 8 (tandfonline.com)

Gender Dysphoria and Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Systematic Review of the Literature - PubMed (nih.gov)

Body integrity dysphoria - Wikipedia

I leave some papers published.

capcon2020.pdf 660.24 kB · 0 downloads

@BabyPeter

I may be looking at this from the wrong side, but based on what I have read and what you have provided, I believe that what I come across makes sense in my head. Being disabled as a child, we were always told that there were certain things that we had to do, exercises, OT, speech therapy and whole bunch of other things. Most times this therapy was helpful, and was fully aboveboard and appropriate. The type of therapy like this helps a lot of people as they learn and grow. I was lucky, because I had cerebral palsy, and not autism: however, I have seen some crazy things done and written about in the 70s, the 80s, and things have changed and started to change in the 90s.

By this I mean I wonder if some of the individuals who are cared for by Nurses, Aides, another support staff were treated inappropriately by them, because they can get away with it. Autism is a disorder where a person for some reason maybe perfectly fine one day, and then start regressing and turning inward the next. Because of this, it takes a lot of time to be able to breakthrough to the individual so that individual knows that they are safe loved and cared for. Sometimes, being autistic means being nonverbal, so you were not able to communicate with an autistic child as well as you would be able to indicate or communicate with a non autistic child. Sometimes, assisted devices can be used for this communication, and this is a way that you can break the ice so that the person who is autistic has a way to gain his or her voice again. I have a couple of friends who are sons of one of my classmates, and both of them are autistic. One of them is nonverbal, one of them is nonverbal but uses an iPad for communication and is able to make his wishes and his feelings known by using this device. I am very proud of him because this is one way that he can tell people around him how he feels what he wants and about what he wants to do with his future. Sometimes you learn a lot of things by watching others as they navigate through life.

When we're talking about these dysphoria's, or being ABDL, or wanting to feel like or be a child and the way they act, I wonder if by using the information provided one can extrapolate that being mistreated and misunderstood, as well as being misdiagnosed and run through a gauntlet of tests and other types of situations, in addition to being in rehab centers and other places that are not optimum to helping someone learn how to deal with autism or their disability, is the reason why people on the spectrum decide that they need to be a little, or an ABDL. Part of the problem that I see it years ago was that when I was a kid, disabilities of all types were thought of clinically, and as such doctors thought that the best thing to do for people with these types of disabilities is to send them to rehab centers, and then try to teach them how to basically do things that they had forgotten to do. I've even seen people that are autistic back then wearing diapers because they cannot communicate the fact that they need to use the bathroom or that they have used it, so you have to go back to basics. If you cannot communicate with an autistic child that is nonverbal, I wonder if diapering him and continually treating him or her like a baby is a partial cause of them wanting to be an ABDL?

This is just something that I seem to have picked up while scanning these documents and reading them carefully. I am by no means a psychologist or a psychiatrist or a PhD in the discipline, but when you look at what a person who is autistic nonverbal goes through, when they cannot actually tell you what they want and what they need in the way that we all could do that now such as being verbal, I believe that it would be easy to come to the conclusion that being treated as a baby or being Mal treated would cause someone to form those types our feelings our desires. If I am wrong, I apologize, but from my reading, this is what I was able to glean from that information. I agree with it: being mistreated could cause this to happen to someone, because their feelings are only known to them, and if they cannot express them, they are locked within their brains and only known to them, so maybe they become ABDL or have the desires as a way to cope with the autism.

There are many high functioning disabled and high functioning autistic people in the world: my feeling is that the only way that they will remain high functioning is if they have individuals that are behind them, and understand them, and help them become better individuals because they are given the opportunity to learn and grow as an individual. When you are a baby, you don't know what's going on, and your brain is being bombarded with everything under the sun: feelings, expressions, pictures, voices, you name it etc. All of those things that you hear see feel taste etc are part of what make you who you are.Once you realize what is going on you can analyze when somebody touches your head, when somebody holds your hand, when somebody gives you a kiss, or does something to you to make you laugh giggle cry etc each feeling that you experience and each time you are exposed to you situations you remember it end they go into your brain , and it is wired to understand what it is that you are feeling or whatever. When you're a baby, you wear diapers because you don't have the control of your bladder or your bowels or your body functions . It is possible and is probable that even autistic children have feelings just like adult babies and diaper lovers do , so it stands to reason that they would have those same feelings, and be drawn to and like diapers.  If you are nonverbal autistic and unable to communicate, you may have been diapered as a way to take care of your bodily functions, so you get used to it, so it feels right to you, so it stands to reason that you would have good feelings about diapers or baby clothing or some sort of trigger dash I think that this information is correct , but I am not quite sure if everyone agrees with the assessment provided within them , but I agree with the general principle .

and that is: it is normal for autistic people to feel the same way about diapers slash adult babies, as people who are not autistic  I believe that it makes perfect sense.

Brian

Hi Brian...  i was talking about Neurology (neurons, neurotransmissers, dopamine, serotonin), Limbic System. I was talking about neurodevelopment. It's true medicine has a tendency and maybe it was my mistake in trying to put everything on the pathology side, when it's not. It is a mistake of many doctors as well.

• Thanks 1

Oh kinda interesting to read some stuff here. Never really thought there might be a link between my autism and me being a dl. I do remember reading about the form of autism i have. And that it might extend to having a attachement to objects. Maybe in my case its liking diapers?

Altough such things will always be hard to know becaus there are of course people without autism who like diapers. It has extended to other things where i wonder what things are a influence of my autism. But these where stuff like my social skills and my creativity. But i guess it can fit for me?.

• Like 1

I think there are an above average number of ABDLs with an intellectual disability of some kind such as ADHD, autism, and learning disabilities. Some of these disabilities mean that a person's childhood is fraught with a number of experiences where they cannot do simple tasks that their peers are capable of doing. The embarrassment, vulnerability, and sense of inferiority that develops can make you FEEL younger than you actually are. Also, an intellectual disability can specifically make potty training a lot more difficult. Some autistic children are very late to get potty trained for instance. Late potty training or anxiety about using the toilet in early childhood could certainly make diapers seem more appealing, right? 

I personally have dyscalcula, a math related learning disability but its not just math equations that I have struggled with in my life. Even today, tasks that involve multiple steps can be difficult for me to do properly. Sometimes I will have to go very slowly and sometimes I will skip a step accidentally. As a child, tying my shoes was a skill I learned a few years late compared with other kids my age. When all the other kids can tie their shoes and you can't, you feel pretty little! It isn't hard to imagine one of my classmates saying something like, "You don't know how to tie your shoes? What are you, a baby?!" And it isn't hard to imagine 7 year old me, without a fully formed brain, wondering why I was so 'babyish' compared to my peers. Since sequencing tasks involving multiple steps was difficult for me, I am pretty sure I also struggled with potty training as a toddler and found it anxiety inducing. If the task of using the toilet as a toddler induces anxiety, it isn't hard to imagine that diapers (or even the thought of diapers) might relieve that anxiety. 

I can say with absolute certainty that my own intellectual disability is linked to my ABDL fetish. 

• 3 months later...

As I have tried to make this point before, I will repeat it.....

There is NO link between ABDL and mental challenges (autism) other that what one creates.

Develoment delays are common with someone who is mentally challanged. As a result, it is correct that same child will be teased / bullied for his / her lack of devolopment skills by his/her peers. This does NOT make him/her and ABDL. If we followed the concept that teasing etc creates ABDL, then, since all children will tease each other (it is part of young childhood, what is the internal drive to be better than oneself), everyone would be ABDL.

A young child is normally cruel to his/her peers as the young child does not fully understand and/or respect others feelings. S/he is more focused on his/her own feeling, and finds it funny to tease another. This behaviour of teasing another is a learnt action, and usually stems from his/her older sibling / uncle / friend teasing him/her. As a result, the child / children that are ruthlessly teasing another for whatever (slow development etc) really doesn't understand what they are doing. The person being teased, and we have all been there in both the teased and the teaser, is supposed to learn from this interaction. The teased normally grows a 'thicker skin' so to speak. This is required for our interactions in adulthood. It is not the source of regression. Our mind does not think that way - regress to a weaker form 'cause we are getting teased. The teasing builds charachter.

ABDL source has, for many, never really been addressed. Sigmund Freud states that adult behaviour is a result of childhood events. The interest in regression (ABDL) is, following Freud's logic, trying to re-live / change a childhood event. This can be either

1. A traumatic event that was not dealt with as a child.   
  2. A loving event that one wishes to repeat

It is usually, not a good idea, to analyze oneself too deeply and discover what makes one ABDL, as the answer changes ones wish to indulge.

Other 'infant' behaviour,

1. Thumb sucking
  2. Pacifier usage
  3. Sleeping with plushies
  4. Sleeping with blankies
  5. Baby food
  6. Drinking from bottles
  7. Diaper wearing, and usage.

one is taught to supress, but were never told the reason. When one works out the reason, one realises it is to conform with norms and/or conventions... which contradicts ones own drive for individuality.

Each of the above, one can comfortably do in the privacy of ones own space, and doing so creates the self soothing and comfort they did as a chronological baby.

1. & 2. Items 1, and 2 is an oral fixation that is sated in adulthood by smoking, which we know as adults, is bad for us. However, thumb sucking / pacifier usage sates the oral need without the addition of tobacco and its associated problems.

3. & 4. Sleeping with something that creates comfort is of advantage to us as it creates the sense of security we need as we sleep - which allows us to rest in a stress free environment, usually opposite to what we are dealing with in life.

5. & 6. Baby food and baby bottles are designed to be spill proof and easy to consume / digest. As a result, one can partake of same in places that one normally cannot eat / drink - like in bed etc. So doing same (eating baby food) is more convenient than spending 1-2 hours in a kitchen to cook for one. It is fast and easy to make a baby bottle and open a jar of baby food or two.

7. Diaper wearing - and usage. Sitting in a diaper is comfortable - more comfortable than sitting on a hard floor / chair. Also, during times where a bathroom is not within easy access

• at home / moves where to run to the bathroom one would miss a portion of what you are watching
  • while driving
  • while out (shopping etc), and no clean / safe bathrooms available
  • while studying (cramming)
  • while working, and one can't leave position etc
  • at a church service etc...

If one partakes in these behaviours, one might / might not be an ABDL - just smart enought to change their behaviour to suit the situation.

Certain mental challanges - autism etc., can focus the mind in certain ways which drive that person into high functioning maths and/or logic orientated positions - ie software development / computer programming /  high level maths - actuary etc.

Is there a link between Autism and diapers? There may be, but the link is tenuous at best. One could state that anyone smart enough to chose infintile garb is ABDL. This would include the following people - incontinent / night wetter following accident / disease / childbirth / old age / side effect from medication etc. To state that is typcasting these people, discrimination, and most definitely, WRONG. 

ABDL is a choice. The reason we make that choice, for most of us, is unknown to us, and acording to Freud, better for us if we don't know. However, chosing the 7+ behaviours is also a choice, and the reason that choice is made is mostly ones inteligence level is high enough.

• Thanks 1

There are many triggers to enduce the interest in ABDL / generically percieved infantile behaviour.

Triggers:

BUT

Idendifing oneself as ABDL to either self only or others is a free choice

@babykeiff, I think your cause/effect analysis of what "causes" ABDL behaviour is largely bang-on. The only correlation I can see between an interest in aspects of the AB, and/or DL lifestyle, and being "on the spectrum", come from my experience: as far as I know, I am not on said spectrum. But I did wear diapers beyond the "normal" age, due to bedwetting, and I think that my ABDL lifestyle is at least in part an attempt to take that experience, which at the time was steeped in anxiety and self-consciousness and shame, and relive it on my own terms. Or something like that. Anyway, I don't know much about the various forms of autism, but, I have a sister-in-law who is a special needs kindergarten teacher, and one of the things she deals with is a higher than average number of kids who wear diapers longer than is the typical experience, which is not surprising, given that they tend to present with a host of developmental delays that manifest in all aspects of their lives. 

So, my undeveloped and untested and un-peer-reviewed theory would be that maybe more people who have been diagnosed as existing somewhere on the autism spectrum, experienced delayed development that exposed them to feelings of being infantilized, because perhaps they wore diapers longer than their peers, or it took them longer to master certain skills, or they were more closely supervised, etc. Not to take anything away from the above-average intelligence that many people on the spectrum exhibit; but perhaps the rewards for being really attentive or deeply analytical in certain undertakings come later in life, whereas the "delayed" aspects tend to manifest during the more formative years. People might not take the time to notice that you're, say, really good at math, or puzzles, or coding, or whatever, if you're also wearing diapers. 

Anyway, that's my two cents. I'm sure it doesn't apply to most people from that community, who had a normal potty training trajectory, and just like diapers because they like diapers. But I have noticed what I would call an above-average representation of people on the spectrum here, and I do wonder if it has to do with some of them having been delayed in that department, just like I was delayed in that department, and here I am.  

On 9/28/2022 at 1:15 AM, Little Sherri said:

@babykeiff, I think your cause/effect analysis of what "causes" ABDL behaviour is largely bang-on. The only correlation I can see between an interest in aspects of the AB, and/or DL lifestyle, and being "on the spectrum", come from my experience: as far as I know, I am not on said spectrum. But I did wear diapers beyond the "normal" age, due to bedwetting, and I think that my ABDL lifestyle is at least in part an attempt to take that experience, which at the time was steeped in anxiety and self-consciousness and shame, and relive it on my own terms. Or something like that. Anyway, I don't know much about the various forms of autism, but, I have a sister-in-law who is a special needs kindergarten teacher, and one of the things she deals with is a higher than average number of kids who wear diapers longer than is the typical experience, which is not surprising, given that they tend to present with a host of developmental delays that manifest in all aspects of their lives. 

So, my undeveloped and untested and un-peer-reviewed theory would be that maybe more people who have been diagnosed as existing somewhere on the autism spectrum, experienced delayed development that exposed them to feelings of being infantilized, because perhaps they wore diapers longer than their peers, or it took them longer to master certain skills, or they were more closely supervised, etc. Not to take anything away from the above-average intelligence that many people on the spectrum exhibit; but perhaps the rewards for being really attentive or deeply analytical in certain undertakings come later in life, whereas the "delayed" aspects tend to manifest during the more formative years. People might not take the time to notice that you're, say, really good at math, or puzzles, or coding, or whatever, if you're also wearing diapers. 

Anyway, that's my two cents. I'm sure it doesn't apply to most people from that community, who had a normal potty training trajectory, and just like diapers because they like diapers. But I have noticed what I would call an above-average representation of people on the spectrum here, and I do wonder if it has to do with some of them having been delayed in that department, just like I was delayed in that department, and here I am.  

it is true that some people on the spectrum might be developmentally delayed and in diapers longer than normal, but that is based on two principles -

1. a rigid perception of developmental milestones mainly identified by Dr. Benjamin Spock, California, USA, who published his theories in medical journals 1943 - 1945, and released his book in 1946. Key failures in this, as compared to today include the following - domestic laundry (washing machines) where too expensive to be in general use, plastic pants did not exist, neither did disposable diapers nevermind the 'pull up, super dry, diaper of today. Also, most children were raised by their mother / father (as the concept of both parents going out to work leaving their offspring to be cared / raised by daycare etc did not exist)'.
  2. normal and/or normal actually exists. Statistics that state X is based on a sample group of 100-1000. Neither match the date exactly, but a higher proportion of them are closer to that date. In most of these 'normals', the difference between matching the value and not is .001% of the group i.e. 50.001% match close to the normal, while 49.999% are 1 day / week / month ahead / behind that pseudo date. Also, certain values are based only within a certain gene pool (ie white english speaking people). World population is approx 8 billion, but only 30-40% of the population live outside the Valeriepieris circle, a 4,000km (2,500 mile)diamater area centred around the South China sea.   

The western world, who create these 'normals' and 'developmental milestones' only count 30-40% max of the world population. Within the aformention area, babies that are diapered are only diapered at night. As a result, most are trained by 12-14 months as opposed to the western world where children age 7/8 are diaper dependant and geeting changed by people like your sister-in-law.

This is a problem created by capitalism - specifically the greed-for-profit medical industry AND the diaper manufacturing industry - P&G being one of the worst offenders.

On 3/19/2022 at 12:08 PM, Fleetwoodmac32192 said:

Yeah no matter how successful I feel, it's like I don't feel ready to leave pull ups and diapers behind. I know I can make it to the toilet but I still feel scared every time my bladder feels any pressure. The idea of letting go or having an accident is comforting to me but at the same time I don't want to smell like a used toilet every where I go. I love the northshore GoSupreme pull ups but it's too expensive for me to purchase and use regularly. My partner gently told me they don't want me to wear around them and I'm trying to respect that, but the urge doesn't go away. I did have an accident once in front of them but i felt sensory overload in that moment and accidents don't usually happen to me. My doctor believes it's because of my Autism processing my senses is impacting it. Beyond trying not to be dehydrated, I haven't received any other response from my doctor. I don't understand how anyone can hold it in for 2 hours at least and be considered healthy. My partner has diabetes and autism yet they have to go less often and seems like they can hold it better than me.

Sounds like you do need diapers and your partner doesn't understand you don't need to be IC to wear them. I also can't go all day without using the toilet and it amazes me to see my daughter do it and my mom. Some people just have small bladders so they go more often. 

On 9/21/2022 at 6:26 PM, babykeiff said:

everyone would be ABDL.

I think more people on the spectrum and those with mental issues are more likely to be ABDL. That is why the number of them are so high in the community. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Nat said:

...I also can't go all day without using the toilet and it amazes me to see my daughter do it and my mom. Some people just have small bladders so they go more often...

A non toilet trained person has a small bladder, not due to chronological age, but more due to not 'holding' it and therefore, their bladder never stretches. Your daughter & mother have have fully stretched bladders AND due to reduced fluid intake and production of ADH, can last upto 12-14 hours without needing to empty their bladders.

What I have stated on this forum before, and been contradicted for saying it, the more one uses diapers, the more dependent on same one will become. In relation to bladder capacity, the more one uses diapers, the thicker the muscle wall (bladder) will become, and the less able it is to stretch, which equates to the more times one will need to empty the bladder, and since one is wearing diapers, the more the sphincters will relax without informing you of same, and the more dependent one will become on diapers = functional diaper dependence.

There is also the issue of parasymptic dependence, where one, without filling their bladder, feels the need to empty same. Eventually, as with diaper wearing, the same processes occur where the bladder walls thicken and capacity drops to suit what the mind thinks.

@Nat

you took what I stated OUT OF CONTEXT

I stated:-

On 9/22/2022 at 2:26 AM, babykeiff said:

If we followed the concept that teasing etc creates ABDL, then, since all children will tease each other (it is part of young childhood, what is the internal drive to be better than oneself), everyone would be ABDL.

..with the presumption that people here are inteligent enough to realise that 'everyone is NOT ABDL'

To simplifiy this:-

Does teasing a person make that person become ABDL? If we presume the answer is YES, this creates the conclusion from the following:-

Premise 1: Everyone is teased at some time in their life

Premise 2: (We presume the answer is YES to the above) Teasing makes a person ABDL

Therefore, conclusion based on sum of Premise 1 and Premise 2 : Everyone in the world is ABDL.

This conclusion is FALSE, so one or both of the Premise MUST be false

Since the question 'Does teasing a person make that person become ABDL?' has a presumed answer of Yes, the real answer MUST be NO

Therefore, Premise 1 : Everyone is teased at some time in their life and Premise 2 : Teasing DOES NOT makes a person ABDL creates the conclusion Everyone is not ABDL, which is FACTUAL.

My Core Point

None of the following :-

• Frequenting a fetish site
  • Wearing and/or using diapers
  • Eating what is stereotypically classed as baby food
  • Drinking from what is stereotypically classed as a baby bottle
  • Wearing what is stereotypically classed as baby clothes
  • Cuddling and/or sleeping with a plushie / blanket etc

... makes a person ABDL other then their free choice.

To call and/or refer to another as ABDL is DISCRIMINATION.

• Like 1

You obviously didn't understand, i said I think people with autism or other mental issues are more likely to become ABDL.

Lot of people misunderstand what "more likely" means. It does not mean you will become one. 

Also my son will go to the bathroom a lot if he has had anything to drink and he has been out of diapers for 9 years. He once went twice while we were at a mall and we weren't there long. I also have a friend who has an abnormal large bladder but he is still IC due to ceberal palsy. That means when his bladder empties, he will flood his diaper and needs heavy duty ones that will hold 30-40 second pees. 

20 minutes ago, Nat said:

You obviously didn't understand, i said I think people with autism or other mental issues are more likely to become ABDL.

Lot of people misunderstand what "more likely" means. It does not mean you will become one. 

Also my son will go to the bathroom a lot if he has had anything to drink and he has been out of diapers for 9 years. He once went twice while we were at a mall and we weren't there long. I also have a friend who has an abnormal large bladder but he is still IC due to central palsy. That means when his bladder empties, he will flood his diaper and needs heavy duty ones that will hold 30-40 second pees. 

@Nat

I believe you are correct, and the reason I say that is because there are a lot of people who I have dealt with in my life, who are autistic, or they have neurological disabilities such as CP or Ms or MD. 

If you are disabled, and if you have need for diapers, you use them every day. I have seen people that are autistic, that are on the spectrum, and they are mildly autistic, so mild, that you wouldn't be able to tell they are autistic unless somebody said that they were,all the way up to somebody who is profoundly or severely autistic, unable to communicate, or unable to control their bodily functions , or unable to deal with using the bathroom or doing activities of daily living without assistance from either a caregiver or some sort of support personnel . There are times when severely autistic children, who do not have the ability to control their bladder or their bowels, may use diapers, as you have stated, and I agree with you that people who are autistic are more likely to become abdl because of the fact that they may use diapers , and they feel as if that is a part of who they are or who they were . It also may be that somebody has no control of their bladder or bowels , so they need diapers , and because they wear diapers, they may add the other aspects of the lifestyle . I can understand why people that are autistic may become ABDL , and I understand it . I can tell you from experience, that I myself had trouble with incontinence on and off throughout my entire life . This is because of my CP, because sometimes you cannot control some muscles that you have in your legs, or in your arms, or whatever it is . I have been very fortunate that since I was a young kid, for the most part I didn't have too many problems with incontinence, but I spent a good two or three years with this type of a problem, and one of the things that I learned is that I should not feel bad because I need to use diapers . Now that I AM 50, and because I am totally incontinent both ways , I choose to wear diapers to take care of that problem , because I need them. Like your son, I have had instances where I have to go to the bathroom, and I do it, then 10 minutes later, I have to do it again . I also have cerebral palsy myself, and because of the fact that people that are dealing with neurological disabilities may have issues with their disability , you may not have control of certain parts of your body, or you may not have as good of control as you had say 10 or 15 years ago . When you say you are more likely to become , you are correct, because if you are using diapers, and you get used to it , you may say , or you may think that it is a good idea to wear diapers, because as I have learned, sometimes having autism, you have a sensory need , and diapers help in some cases.

because my brother Richard wore diapers all of his life because of his disability, I understand that people that have disabilities may have to wear diapers, or they may choose to wear diapers. I'm not sure about every single person that becomes ABDL, because they may choose to, because I'm not sure why each and every person makes the decision they do, but I can tell you from experience that sometimes, when you wear diapers because you have to, it is more likely to happen that you become abdl because you have accepted your need of diapers, so if you can accept it, you might as well enjoy the perks of the lifestyle. As I've always stated, wearing diapers is no big deal, and the stigmas that everyone talks about, wearing diapers, or liking certain things, or making someone feel bad because they have to, or laughing at them: this is wrong! I don't know how many times myself that I have caught some of these idiots laughing at children because they don't have a choice and they need diapers, or even worse, when someone who is disabled, learns a particular way, someone makes fun of them! I remember one time that I had three friends: these three friends got in trouble at school, and the teacher, who was a special Ed teacher, knew exactly how to handle students within his class. The punishment was that the teacher set 3 chairs in front of the blackboard: each my friends held a blackboard eraser. When the teacher said begin, they took the eraser and they would stand up do four swipes up and down on the chalkboard, and sit down. This would go on for at least 15 minutes for the first offense, 45 minutes for the second offense, or they would have to stay after school for the third offense.

One day, I caught some of my school friends laughing as I came out of the bathroom! I asked them what the heck is so funny? And they pointed to some of my friends, and they mimicked them and mocked them because of the fact that they were being punished, and they thought it was hilarious! Well, I was friends with that teacher, and I went over and told my homeroom teacher that I wanted to go over and talk to the special Ed teacher in that classroom, because some of my best friends that I love, where students in this class, and I could not stand to have someone make fun of them. When I told my homeroom teacher of the two or three people in my homeroom that were doing that, and I told the teacher, in the special Ed room, whose name was Steve about this incident, not only did my homeroom teacher bust the three people in my homeroom that did that, Steve busted the other five people, and they all had to stay after school for five days and every day after school they had to do that for 45 minutes, doing what they call stand up sit downs.

Oh, how awesome it was to see these idiots, they were making fun of my friends, who learned differently than them! Some of them were severely autistic as well, and that is one way that they may learn, some of them were dealing with Down syndrome, or other disabilities. Steve informed these three idiots in my home room of what is going on, and the rest of the idiots were also told that as they kept on getting through the week that they had to stay after school. Let me tell you, after this incident where they got busted, they didn't pick on any of my friends ever again, and I had something to do with making sure that these guys learned a valuable lesson: do not pick on anyone who is disabled, do not make fun of them, because the life they lead is probably 100 times harder then the wife someone who has not disabled leads: I understand that, and that is why one of the most important things that I can tell people is let people learn, let kids be kids, and if they need to wear diapers, it's no big deal. I can understand why an autistic person or a disabled person may want to where, or may like diapers, and I would think that would be inevitable. If you're used to it, and you like it, then all you would be doing is adding other aspects of the lifestyle, which is also OK.

In a way, I am glad that I am incontinent both ways: when you are dealing with being disabled, there are certain things that you have to do every day, in order to function at a high level. 99% of the things that I deal with everyday, I can handle quite easily. Stress is one thing that I've always had a problem with, because I always seem to overblow everything, or make something out to be 10 times worse than it actually is. I used to come home every night and worry about certain things, or have sleepless nights and not know what to think or how to proceed. When I started having accidents in late 2018 and early 2019, I finally realized that the time had come to make a serious change to my lifestyle: I decided to go 24/7 in diapers: when I made that decision, I had asked the doctor and he prescribed me diapers, and I told them why I wanted them and why I thought I needed them. When you have a disability, you may not have control of your bladder or your bowels or maybe other functions, but one of the things that I have learned is that here is no shame in wearing diapers, using diapers, or becoming an ABDL, if that is what you believe would make your life a lot easier. Wearing diapers 24/7 to me is a lot easier: if I have to use the bathroom, I have it on, if I decide to use the toilet it is available for me to use, and I don't have to worry if I use my diaper: 99% of my problem was that I was worried about things that I was trying to control, and I was not doing a very good job of it.

I know in my heart that the best thing that I ever happened to me was the day that I decided that for the most part, as much of my stress as I can deal with, and get rid of, I will deal with that way. I know that if I have to wear diapers for the rest of my life, at least there are 110,000 things in my life that I probably have to worry about that are more important then wearing diapers and using them. If wearing diapers makes my life easier, and it has 110%, then I will continue to do that. I don't need to worry any more, because I have what I need, I know that it works for me, and I am not ashamed nor afraid to let people know that there is a reason that I've made the decision that I did. Sometimes you just have to let it happen, and when you have a diaper on, and you have to release, it's gonna happen. You just have to be prepared to deal with accidents, near misses, or misses. My parents have dealt with that all of their lives, and I have not felt bad or anything like that when I make a mistake: the best thing that can happen is not to let the little things bother you, and having control of your bowels and your bladder, while being important to your well-being and your health, is not something that I have to worry about, because I have what I need to deal with it, and using diapers is the least of my worries, and I have zero concern about it.

So, I do agree with you all the way!

Brian

People that need to wear diapers may become one because it helps them cope with it. My friend is also ABDL. His disability makes him feel like a baby. But he doesn't like needing to wear them because of costs and he becomes housebound when he has a bladder day. He doesn't want to risk leaks or having to change in public. I honestly think if he quit drinking beer and pop, he wouldn't have bladder days. It would reduce it a lot. 

I like to drink energy drinks and flood my diapers having a bladder day. But I avoid every drinks when I'm gone all day to avoid any messy accidents or a bladder day. Water doesn't affect my bladder much. 

My dad is diabetic so he uses the bathroom a lot. His body just makes more urine than an average person. My son has SPD so he might be sensitive to his bladder so he uses the toilet more. He doesn't wear diapers and it's not something I would encourage him to do. I have even pulled over on the side of the road to let him go. 

Back in high school I was peeing up to 8 times a day because teachers limited passes for each student per quarter. We only had 3 passes so I would pee between each class and during lunch and when I would first get to school to avoid feeling any urge to go because it's distracting to feel the urge to go. I think this is what fucked my bladder up making it more sensitive and I cut back on fluids in the day time too so I was always dehydrated and always constipated and I thought this was all normal. I started to use having to pee a lot as an excuse to put a diaper on when I drank too much water because I worked out. 

Lot of people have a hard time wearing them due to the stigma but they may seek out ABDL to help them wear them and learn to like it. That is why it seems like half of ABDLs are incontinent. But most IC people are not into ABDL. 

I do admit I like diapers so I wear them. But I am not into it the way diaper fetishists are. For me it's more of a lifestyle and convenience and comfort. 

There seems to be a stigma about liking diapers so they come here even if they have a medical issue. I mean they do the work to keep you dry so why wouldn't you like them? It's like me saying I don't like pads or tampons but wear them anyway when in fact I don't like having my period. Imagine if someone said they didn't like underwear but wore them anyway. This is what I think about diapers. People with medical issues are too afraid to say they like them so they seek out ABDL communities instead because it's more accepted here. And I don't think it's uncommon for IC people to post in ABDL communities for this reason. I still think some of them have a hard time saying they like them because if they didn't like it, they would be living on toilet schedules or limiting fluids and what they drink. It's okay to like diapers. It's okay to wear them out of convince and enjoy it. But this stigma is still there so they won't admit to it. 

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Nat said:

Back in high school I was peeing up to 8 times a day because teachers limited passes for each student per quarter. We only had 3 passes so I would pee between each class and during lunch and when I would first get to school to avoid feeling any urge to go because it's distracting to feel the urge to go. I think this is what fucked my bladder up making it more sensitive and I cut back on fluids in the day time too so I was always dehydrated and always constipated and I thought this was all normal. I started to use having to pee a lot as an excuse to put a diaper on when I drank too much water because I worked out. 

@Nat

being that I have CP myself, I know exactly what that is like! Although during school and for most of my life all the way up until I was 46, I didn't wear diapers at all, I started wearing diapers when I started having accidents, and the easiest way for me to be able to deal with that is to be using the diapers 24/7 for everything. It's a lot easier to change a diaper after you use it, then to lose four to five to six hours of sleep because you're constantly in the bathroom and not getting any rest.

When I was in school our teachers quickly learned the error of their ways, when for some reason they would limitpeople's access to the bathroom . The teachers would give students turned to use the bathroom if they took the hall pass or they took the bathroom pass and flipped it over , which meant that somebody was using the pass to use the restroom. I don't have any objection to using hall passes when it is necessary , because it makes sure that you have permission to be where you're supposed to be, or you have permission to move about the building . My main concern in elementary school was the fact that people wanted you to use the pass , and there were more concerned about you having the damn hall pass in your hands rather than taking care of the fact that you have to go to the bathroom so bad you're going to explode .

I can't tell you how many times I peed myself or I messed myself because of the fact that a teacher refused to let me go when I told them I had to use the bathroom! When my mom found out that they were doing this to me, and they were more concerned about me getting a damn hall pass to use the bathroom, my mom called the school and had a meeting with my case management team and my teachers. My mother told them in no uncertain terms that quote " if my son tells you that he has to use the bathroom, He HAS TO USE the bathroom, and I don't want him to have any accidents because you guys are more worried about a pass"  after that I didn't have any problems with anymore hall pass BS.

Because of my CP, as I said before I have had several run INS with incontinence: when I was younger, they usually just made sure I went to the bathroom, sometimes they put me in a diaper if necessary when I was in rehab facilities, but for the most part I insisted on using the bathroom as much as I could. I did not want my mom to have to retrain me after I ended up spending 8 weeks in rehab because of my disability. It's bad enough to not be able to go to the bathroom without their help, but to wet your pants because they don't wanna help you is ridiculous. It makes sense that anyone who is autistic is more likely to be an ABDL, but it's not necessarily and ABDL. As you pointed out, people that are already using diapers, may want to use diapers, or they may accept using diapers and want to add another piece to the puzzle, or add other parts of the lifestyle. There are other people that may not want to use diapers, or I think they don't need diapers, but they end up wetting themselves are messing themselves. It all depends on the person and their needs. Diapers can be cost prohibitive, and they can get expensive I know because every month it costs about $217 to get my order every couple months. I have to renew my prior authorization for diapers every six months, but so far I haven't had too many difficulties except for the one time where it took seven months to get my diapers reauthorized, and I was yelling at the state, not because they weren't providing me the diapers, but because they were waiting for one decision before they reauthorized, then I found out that the reason that my diaper prescription had lapsed is because no one had renewed it, so I let my supplier in New Hampshire take care of this, and ever since then they take care of it every six months, and they send me an e-mail telling me when it was renewed and how long it's for and when it expires. This way I no longer have to deal with it, because it's taken care of. It's a lot easier this way, because I don't have to worry that I'll go seven months without a diaper order, which actually did happen in 202021 and 22.

I have to admit that I love diapers myself: I've always loved them, but because I'm fully incontinent now, it's acceptable, and I'm not worried about it anymore. Because of the fact that I've accepted things the way I have, and the fact that I want to lower the stress level as much as i can, it makes a heck of a difference when I can't sleep at night, because I'm spending four or five hours in the bathroom, or I spend 2 1/2 hours in the bathroom and I only get three hours of sleep period I've made the decision to go 24/7 because of my disability, my mobility, and the fact that I keep on having accidents. Diapers really help me on this one.

Stigmas are hard things to break: I realize that there are many people who think of diapers are bad. Diapers are not the problem, but it is the people who think they are bad, and they tell children that are out of diapers that they are the worst thing in the world. Many people that are disabled, like your son, wore diapers for awhile, and I think I even did it myself when I was seven to 10. The reason for this is because I was in a rehab center and they did not want me getting out of bed without their help, and without their help, they did not want me to fall on the floor. Most people that were under 10 we're already diapered anyway, so it wasn't a big deal, but as I said I didn't want to have my mom have to retrain me because I had forgotten how to maintain my continence while I was in rehab. Thank God for my diapers though because there were so many times that was just so hard to get up and move, because they wouldn't even come in and get you out of bed to help you in the bathroom.

I remember the week I went to the doctors in 2019 and I asked him to help me: I'll never forget it because I told him flat out straight up exactly why I felt the way I did, and I told him that I was having trouble with accidents, and I asked him for diapers. All it took was a little bit of extra work, and I already had the diagnosis of CP, and all I had to do was have him write up something that said that I am mobility limited, and I ended up getting diapers. Unfortunately, it took another two months before I got the mega maxes, which worked great for me, so the state has been paying for those, and they will continue to do so, because I've proven that the diapers that they provide that are not plastic backed don't do anything for me, and it's like wearing a bounty paper towel on your behind: these suck. I think most people think diapers are bad, because they feel like something is being taken away from them, but in actuality, diapers help you because that way you don't have to worry if you can't make it to the bathroom. I'd rather pee my pants and pee in a diaper rather than pee my pants and have wet pants all day long period even if for some reason my diaper leaks, at leastI know that I had some sort of protection, and that my diaper is working, even though it overflows. When this happens, you just have to make sure that you understand the capacity issues, and you make the necessary adjustments .

It also helps to have your loved ones, your mother your father your grandfather or anybody that loves you understand your disability, and your need or your reasoning for using diapers. My brother Richard live for 10 years from 1969 to 1979, and he was severely disabled due to a car accident, and he was nonverbal and non mobile . My mom took care of him just like a baby, and ended up changing diapers all of his life, so diapers were not something that I did not see . In our family , disability was a fact of life, and my parents loved me and my brother just like you would love anybody else, you just have to be able to deal with someone's disability , and be able 2 deal with it. Mom never made me feel bad because I had accidents, or because I didn't make it to the bathroom on time, or I wet myself or whatever. When I was younger, she simply changed my diaper , and she wiped me up and cleaned me up real good, and I was back in business in seconds. As I ended up getting older, all she would tell me is that I shouldn't wait until I'm about ready to explode before I go upstairs to try to use the bathroom, because the minute I'm not paying attention or I let my mind wander, I automatically release my bladder or my bowels and then I have a major problem . I've always learned from experience not to wait until I'm about ready to explode, but even now, there are times when I can't help it and I just have to release . Having diapers on makes it feel better for me, because I don't have to explain myself, I don't have to feel guilty, and I don't have to feel bad.

my problem was that I was fighting my own self for years: for some reason at age 8, I was attracted to diapers. Once you have the feelings and you're attracted to diapers, they are very hard to suppress. I had coping mechanisms to deal with that, but there were times that you would walk into a situation see a diaper, and then a trigger would go off and you would be dealing with the urge again. Regardless of how hard it is to deal with that feeling, I had to suppress it or repress it, and I kept on saying to myself: why the heck do I feel this way, why does it feel good, it's wrong, or I would always have something telling me that it's bad.

because of people here on DD, and because of the support system here, after talking to several individuals that I trust, I finally realized that there's nothing wrong with the way I feel, and there's nothing that I need to change. I also realized that I loved diapers, they feel good, they make me feel safe, and I've always had the feeling that diapers are something that feel good, but I never had the opportunity or the permission to use them freely. I always had to bite my tongue, and just deal with it. Now, I don't have to worry about getting permission, I don't have to worry about it being taboo, and I don't have to worry about feeling guilty. I have diapers, I need diapers, and I figured that it is time that I face facts, and accept that I am a diaper lover and incontinent. There's no shame in either one of those designations, and it's easier than trying to break my legs or trying to run to the bathroom every 5 minutes. I'd rather pee my pants and mush myself, then to try to make it to the bathroom because I have the urge.

Eventually I may lose full continence for #2, but at least I have decided that wearing diapers and using them, it's better than losing sleep at night. You can always change a diaper, but it's very hard to catch up on the sleep that you keep missing because you end up spending half the night in the bathroom. There's no shame in doing that, and I feel safer at least, and my sanity is a lot better.

Sorry about the length of this one: I've tried to tell certain individuals in some cases that they should not try to analyze everything, because sometimes you just can't analyze your feelings are why you like something. I guess you could say I was hardwired, or wired differently, and I like diapers, and maybe it is because as a kid, you open up a pampers box, and the old style pampers would end up smelling so good: there's nothing they could ever be close to that smell ever again: it's unmistakable: you know that somebody's wearing diapers if you smell it, or you hear it! Now that I'm an adult I don't have the guilt, and I don't have to worry about it because I have a medical need for what I use, and I'm so glad that I had the guts to ask the doctor for help, because he complimented me saying that it takes a lot of guts to come in to see him and ask him for help like this. I simply told him that I needed help, and I wanted to get some sleep, and it was wasting my time trying to do so when I was constantly in the bathroom!

Brian

23 hours ago, Nat said:

Also my son will go to the bathroom a lot if he has had anything to drink and he has been out of diapers for 9 years. He once went twice while we were at a mall and we weren't there long. I also have a friend who has an abnormal large bladder but he is still IC due to ceberal palsy. That means when his bladder empties, he will flood his diaper and needs heavy duty ones that will hold 30-40 second pees. 

You, in your post of 06.08AM, 31st Sept 2022 quoted what I posted of 22nd Sept 2022 but deleted everything in my post in your quote except the phrase "everyone would be ABDL". This, I addressed in the post of 01.00 1st Oct 2022 identifing that statememt was taken out of contect. You are now stating that I do not understand what you are saying!, making the presumption that I do not understand the phase "more likely"

It is more likely that you have got soething wrong, and will not admit it.

It is more likely that you are misquoting me, and using what I state to suit your own agenda.

It is more likely that I will block you from now on.

20 minutes ago, babykeiff said:

You, in your post of 06.08AM, 31st Sept 2022 quoted what I posted of 22nd Sept 2022 but deleted everything in my post in your quote except the phrase "everyone would be ABDL". This, I addressed in the post of 01.00 1st Oct 2022 identifing that statememt was taken out of contect. You are now stating that I do not understand what you are saying!, making the presumption that I do not understand the phase "more likely"

It is more likely that you have got soething wrong, and will not admit it.

It is more likely that you are misquoting me, and using what I state to suit your own agenda.

It is more likely that I will block you from now on.

There was no agenda and you're acting like I attacked you when I didn't. I only quoted the part I was responding too and you took it personal like I was out yo get you. People here can see your entire post to see what you written so there wouldn't be a point to pretend you didn't write anything else. People here have eyes and they can see all the posts in this thread. There was no point to repeating yourself. 

Go ahead and block me. I don't like interacting with people anyway who think everything is an attack and someone having an agenda against them when all they were doing is making a comment. Bye. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@Nat

being that I have CP myself, I know exactly what that is like! Although during school and for most of my life all the way up until I was 46, I didn't wear diapers at all, I started wearing diapers when I started having accidents, and the easiest way for me to be able to deal with that is to be using the diapers 24/7 for everything. It's a lot easier to change a diaper after you use it, then to lose four to five to six hours of sleep because you're constantly in the bathroom and not getting any rest.

When I was in school our teachers quickly learned the error of their ways, when for some reason they would limitpeople's access to the bathroom . The teachers would give students turned to use the bathroom if they took the hall pass or they took the bathroom pass and flipped it over , which meant that somebody was using the pass to use the restroom. I don't have any objection to using hall passes when it is necessary , because it makes sure that you have permission to be where you're supposed to be, or you have permission to move about the building . My main concern in elementary school was the fact that people wanted you to use the pass , and there were more concerned about you having the damn hall pass in your hands rather than taking care of the fact that you have to go to the bathroom so bad you're going to explode .

I can't tell you how many times I peed myself or I messed myself because of the fact that a teacher refused to let me go when I told them I had to use the bathroom! When my mom found out that they were doing this to me, and they were more concerned about me getting a damn hall pass to use the bathroom, my mom called the school and had a meeting with my case management team and my teachers. My mother told them in no uncertain terms that quote " if my son tells you that he has to use the bathroom, He HAS TO USE the bathroom, and I don't want him to have any accidents because you guys are more worried about a pass"  after that I didn't have any problems with anymore hall pass BS.

Because of my CP, as I said before I have had several run INS with incontinence: when I was younger, they usually just made sure I went to the bathroom, sometimes they put me in a diaper if necessary when I was in rehab facilities, but for the most part I insisted on using the bathroom as much as I could. I did not want my mom to have to retrain me after I ended up spending 8 weeks in rehab because of my disability. It's bad enough to not be able to go to the bathroom without their help, but to wet your pants because they don't wanna help you is ridiculous. It makes sense that anyone who is autistic is more likely to be an ABDL, but it's not necessarily and ABDL. As you pointed out, people that are already using diapers, may want to use diapers, or they may accept using diapers and want to add another piece to the puzzle, or add other parts of the lifestyle. There are other people that may not want to use diapers, or I think they don't need diapers, but they end up wetting themselves are messing themselves. It all depends on the person and their needs. Diapers can be cost prohibitive, and they can get expensive I know because every month it costs about $217 to get my order every couple months. I have to renew my prior authorization for diapers every six months, but so far I haven't had too many difficulties except for the one time where it took seven months to get my diapers reauthorized, and I was yelling at the state, not because they weren't providing me the diapers, but because they were waiting for one decision before they reauthorized, then I found out that the reason that my diaper prescription had lapsed is because no one had renewed it, so I let my supplier in New Hampshire take care of this, and ever since then they take care of it every six months, and they send me an e-mail telling me when it was renewed and how long it's for and when it expires. This way I no longer have to deal with it, because it's taken care of. It's a lot easier this way, because I don't have to worry that I'll go seven months without a diaper order, which actually did happen in 202021 and 22.

I have to admit that I love diapers myself: I've always loved them, but because I'm fully incontinent now, it's acceptable, and I'm not worried about it anymore. Because of the fact that I've accepted things the way I have, and the fact that I want to lower the stress level as much as i can, it makes a heck of a difference when I can't sleep at night, because I'm spending four or five hours in the bathroom, or I spend 2 1/2 hours in the bathroom and I only get three hours of sleep period I've made the decision to go 24/7 because of my disability, my mobility, and the fact that I keep on having accidents. Diapers really help me on this one.

Stigmas are hard things to break: I realize that there are many people who think of diapers are bad. Diapers are not the problem, but it is the people who think they are bad, and they tell children that are out of diapers that they are the worst thing in the world. Many people that are disabled, like your son, wore diapers for awhile, and I think I even did it myself when I was seven to 10. The reason for this is because I was in a rehab center and they did not want me getting out of bed without their help, and without their help, they did not want me to fall on the floor. Most people that were under 10 we're already diapered anyway, so it wasn't a big deal, but as I said I didn't want to have my mom have to retrain me because I had forgotten how to maintain my continence while I was in rehab. Thank God for my diapers though because there were so many times that was just so hard to get up and move, because they wouldn't even come in and get you out of bed to help you in the bathroom.

I remember the week I went to the doctors in 2019 and I asked him to help me: I'll never forget it because I told him flat out straight up exactly why I felt the way I did, and I told him that I was having trouble with accidents, and I asked him for diapers. All it took was a little bit of extra work, and I already had the diagnosis of CP, and all I had to do was have him write up something that said that I am mobility limited, and I ended up getting diapers. Unfortunately, it took another two months before I got the mega maxes, which worked great for me, so the state has been paying for those, and they will continue to do so, because I've proven that the diapers that they provide that are not plastic backed don't do anything for me, and it's like wearing a bounty paper towel on your behind: these suck. I think most people think diapers are bad, because they feel like something is being taken away from them, but in actuality, diapers help you because that way you don't have to worry if you can't make it to the bathroom. I'd rather pee my pants and pee in a diaper rather than pee my pants and have wet pants all day long period even if for some reason my diaper leaks, at leastI know that I had some sort of protection, and that my diaper is working, even though it overflows. When this happens, you just have to make sure that you understand the capacity issues, and you make the necessary adjustments .

It also helps to have your loved ones, your mother your father your grandfather or anybody that loves you understand your disability, and your need or your reasoning for using diapers. My brother Richard live for 10 years from 1969 to 1979, and he was severely disabled due to a car accident, and he was nonverbal and non mobile . My mom took care of him just like a baby, and ended up changing diapers all of his life, so diapers were not something that I did not see . In our family , disability was a fact of life, and my parents loved me and my brother just like you would love anybody else, you just have to be able to deal with someone's disability , and be able 2 deal with it. Mom never made me feel bad because I had accidents, or because I didn't make it to the bathroom on time, or I wet myself or whatever. When I was younger, she simply changed my diaper , and she wiped me up and cleaned me up real good, and I was back in business in seconds. As I ended up getting older, all she would tell me is that I shouldn't wait until I'm about ready to explode before I go upstairs to try to use the bathroom, because the minute I'm not paying attention or I let my mind wander, I automatically release my bladder or my bowels and then I have a major problem . I've always learned from experience not to wait until I'm about ready to explode, but even now, there are times when I can't help it and I just have to release . Having diapers on makes it feel better for me, because I don't have to explain myself, I don't have to feel guilty, and I don't have to feel bad.

my problem was that I was fighting my own self for years: for some reason at age 8, I was attracted to diapers. Once you have the feelings and you're attracted to diapers, they are very hard to suppress. I had coping mechanisms to deal with that, but there were times that you would walk into a situation see a diaper, and then a trigger would go off and you would be dealing with the urge again. Regardless of how hard it is to deal with that feeling, I had to suppress it or repress it, and I kept on saying to myself: why the heck do I feel this way, why does it feel good, it's wrong, or I would always have something telling me that it's bad.

because of people here on DD, and because of the support system here, after talking to several individuals that I trust, I finally realized that there's nothing wrong with the way I feel, and there's nothing that I need to change. I also realized that I loved diapers, they feel good, they make me feel safe, and I've always had the feeling that diapers are something that feel good, but I never had the opportunity or the permission to use them freely. I always had to bite my tongue, and just deal with it. Now, I don't have to worry about getting permission, I don't have to worry about it being taboo, and I don't have to worry about feeling guilty. I have diapers, I need diapers, and I figured that it is time that I face facts, and accept that I am a diaper lover and incontinent. There's no shame in either one of those designations, and it's easier than trying to break my legs or trying to run to the bathroom every 5 minutes. I'd rather pee my pants and mush myself, then to try to make it to the bathroom because I have the urge.

Eventually I may lose full continence for #2, but at least I have decided that wearing diapers and using them, it's better than losing sleep at night. You can always change a diaper, but it's very hard to catch up on the sleep that you keep missing because you end up spending half the night in the bathroom. There's no shame in doing that, and I feel safer at least, and my sanity is a lot better.

Sorry about the length of this one: I've tried to tell certain individuals in some cases that they should not try to analyze everything, because sometimes you just can't analyze your feelings are why you like something. I guess you could say I was hardwired, or wired differently, and I like diapers, and maybe it is because as a kid, you open up a pampers box, and the old style pampers would end up smelling so good: there's nothing they could ever be close to that smell ever again: it's unmistakable: you know that somebody's wearing diapers if you smell it, or you hear it! Now that I'm an adult I don't have the guilt, and I don't have to worry about it because I have a medical need for what I use, and I'm so glad that I had the guts to ask the doctor for help, because he complimented me saying that it takes a lot of guts to come in to see him and ask him for help like this. I simply told him that I needed help, and I wanted to get some sleep, and it was wasting my time trying to do so when I was constantly in the bathroom!

Brian

@Brian In can see from your experience why you wear diapers - functional due to your need to void approx evey 5 minutes or less. I can also see how you rationalise the diaper need, and I am not questioning your reasons in any form. I can also see why you frequent this site, and maybe others which is for the mental support of people in a similar situation to yourself. These are all mature rational decisions made freely by yourself.

HOWEVER

None of this states that you are an ABDL. Your free choice is calling yourself ABDL is what determines that (if you wish to call yourself ABDL)

You state that you are differently abled, and identify CP as a medical diagnosis. Again, calling yourself ABDL does not state that all differently abled people are ABDL even if they chose to partake in what I previously listed as sterotypically classed as infant behaviour. 

On 9/22/2022 at 2:26 AM, babykeiff said:

Other 'infant' behaviour,

1. Thumb sucking
  2. Pacifier usage
  3. Sleeping with plushies
  4. Sleeping with blankies
  5. Baby food
  6. Drinking from bottles
  7. Diaper wearing, and usage.

Correspondingly, another person can not be called ABDL despite their ability and/or behaviour and/or free choice. To do so, IS discrimination.

The OPs question Is there a link between Autism and Diapers, the answer is NO, and must be NO as to even think there is, would be typecasting everyone who may be medically diagnosed as autistic. To typecast a person based on a medical diagnosis OR based on a single and/or multiple premise is DISCRIMINATION.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Count me in as an Aspie that enjoys being in pullups most of the time.  I remember being a late potty trained being in diapers till around 5 or 6 yrs old.   Was not diagnosed on the spectrum till my mid 30's.  AD

• Like 3

ADHD here, diagnosed as a child and once again as an adult. I also had OAB, likely related to IBS and so I was always having to go to the bathroom. I suspect that's how I developed an iron bladder, that and the ADHD meant I was always distracted until I was desperate. 

As a consequence, I tended to not drink as much water. Meaning most of my life I've been walking around dehydrated. 

My partner is Autistic and has very bad memories of potty training and is afraid of toilets. She wears diapers at night and when she goes out to try and avoid them. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I actually found out something interesting when I was reviewing my old school records today. I started from the beginning and after matching up the dates with my age and now I have a different picture.

Age 2/almost 3

Developmental screening test states that I "refuse to sit on the toilet. Will let parent know when "stinky",sometimes pees in the toilet, can use pull-ups. Does not ask to use the toilet. (I actually don't remember doing this?)

Age 4: my parents request for help going pull-ups and wipes for me. I was still wearing pull-ups.

Between the ages of 5 and 6 I had a goal to use the toilet independently. I was successful, but because of my irritable bowels I missed out on school and still had accidents between the ages of 5 and 11. It cleaned up slightly at 12. 

I didn't have to wear pull-ups at the time, but I think going without them triggered something in me at one point because of how many years I experienced bowel accidents. 

When I was 13 I recognized I needed additional help with social skills and advocating for my needs like asking to use the restroom. I was also being yelled at by a teacher about going to the toilet for the past 3 years I was in middle school.

During that time once I tried wearing a depends pull-up discreetly but it was socially embarrassing. Thankfully the incident wasn't anything noted on my record but still felt embarrassed when my music teacher reference the pull-ups jingle in a lesson with my peers after it happened and I felt really embarrassed in my face on the verge of crying. 

After this incident I changed high schools and got the help that I needed and between the ages of 16 and 19 and I felt more comfortable asking to use the restroom. 

I graduated at 19, then about age 20 I started wearing pullups again by choice. I had spent some time going through cycles of constantly needing to go and trying to use the restroom but every urge just felt more frustrating. 

Now  I finally have both bladder and bowel incontinence listed on MyChart and I'm in the process of getting a prescription for pull-ups due to Autism. Through it all I try my best to be polite, care about others, and take care of myself.

I feel a sense of confidence knowing I have everything I need and I don't have to hide or feel insecure about my conditions anymore. I have issues with my sensory awareness, but I am still capable of going to work and doing good as long as I have the support and resources I need to manage it. 

I am glad I could end 2022 learning about myself this year, and accepting myself with love. Also greatful for communities like this that let me know I'm not the one one going through this. 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Fleetwoodmac32192 said:

I actually found out something interesting when I was reviewing my old school records today. I started from the beginning and after matching up the dates with my age and now I have a different picture.

Age 2/almost 3

Developmental screening test states that I "refuse to sit on the toilet. Will let parent know when "stinky",sometimes pees in the toilet, can use pull-ups. Does not ask to use the toilet. (I actually don't remember doing this?)

Age 4: my parents request for help going pull-ups and wipes for me. I was still wearing pull-ups.

Between the ages of 5 and 6 I had a goal to use the toilet independently. I was successful, but because of my irritable bowels I missed out on school and still had accidents between the ages of 5 and 11. It cleaned up slightly at 12. 

I didn't have to wear pull-ups at the time, but I think going without them triggered something in me at one point because of how many years I experienced bowel accidents. 

When I was 13 I recognized I needed additional help with social skills and advocating for my needs like asking to use the restroom. I was also being yelled at by a teacher about going to the toilet for the past 3 years I was in middle school.

During that time once I tried wearing a depends pull-up discreetly but it was socially embarrassing. Thankfully the incident wasn't anything noted on my record but still felt embarrassed when my music teacher reference the pull-ups jingle in a lesson with my peers after it happened and I felt really embarrassed in my face on the verge of crying. 

After this incident I changed high schools and got the help that I needed and between the ages of 16 and 19 and I felt more comfortable asking to use the restroom. 

I graduated at 19, then about age 20 I started wearing pullups again by choice. I had spent some time going through cycles of constantly needing to go and trying to use the restroom but every urge just felt more frustrating. 

Now  I finally have both bladder and bowel incontinence listed on MyChart and I'm in the process of getting a prescription for pull-ups due to Autism. Through it all I try my best to be polite, care about others, and take care of myself.

I feel a sense of confidence knowing I have everything I need and I don't have to hide or feel insecure about my conditions anymore. I have issues with my sensory awareness, but I am still capable of going to work and doing good as long as I have the support and resources I need to manage it. 

I am glad I could end 2022 learning about myself this year, and accepting myself with love. Also greatful for communities like this that let me know I'm not the one one going through this. 

Well, I'm glad you're finally getting a prescription for the Pull-Ups. I thought you already had one actually.??? I wish I knew you in high school, so we could've been pull-up buddies together!???♥️? Sounds like it would have been a fun time for both of us!??????♥️ Big hugs!?♥️???