LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Autism And Diapers?

Do you guys think there is a link between haveing autism and enjoying wearing diapers? I am talking high functionin autism to where you dont need to wear diapers.

I have read that the autists sex live is object centered. That could be an explanation to the affinity to fetishes.

Guest LOSTinDiapers

Well, as far as I know, I'm not autistic. I think it would have been spotted since my MIL teaches ABA for a living and has over 25 years experience working with preschool autistic children.

There might be a link for that group, but it doesn't explain it for all of us.

assburgers(sorry it's a joke with a friend who has a mild form of it) disease, I don't fall into this category so not sure about the claim. There may be a higher percentage of autistics(?) involved in this fetish however I don't think that makes everyone autistic.

A study that many 'odd' individuals should participate in!

Never have I experienced an epiphany quite like the time I first read about AS. It was as if the clouds parted, angels sang, and a shaft of light engulfed my body and soul. I have been examined by a professional, and have briefly discussed AS, but, due to my more social nature, it was ruled out as a diagnosis. Still, I think more tests might indicate something different.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that many of us here qualify has having more-than-normal HFA tendencies. However, I can imagine the controversy caused by linking a sexual predilection with a hereditary brain disorder. The right-wingers would be hiding their autistic children deep-er underground to prevent new accusations of genetic homosexuality based on something like Autism.

Hehe, CAN would see an incredible jump in their ranks and numbers based on the public's reaction to children with AS also being predisposed to kinkiness. . .

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.ph...3&hl=autism

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.ph...0&hl=autism

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.ph...8&hl=autism

three threads that might be of interest.. first one is a poll asking directly about autism and other pdd's, and lots of people replied

second one is about mental illness and ab/dl

third is about ab/dl and adhd.. but all have mention of autism etc.. in the responses by the members.

assburgers(sorry it's a joke with a friend who has a mild form of it) disease, I don't fall into this category so not sure about the claim. There may be a higher percentage of autistics(?) involved in this fetish however I don't think that makes everyone autistic.

aspergers! it's aspergers! lol

i was thinking a similar joke when i read the thread title.

Do you guys think there is a link between haveing autism and enjoying wearing diapers? I am talking high functionin autism to where you dont need to wear diapers.

There is as much a link between autism and diapers as there is between a brick and a fish. Yes, some autistic people do prefer diapers, but that is a human choice, not a correlation between diapers and autism.

In history, it was thought that everything came from four basic elements. Fire, earth, water, and air. The now basic scientific principles disprove that. In my opinion, everyone has a reluctance to let go of the security of infancy - be it an oral fixation (smoking etc); a likeness for diapers; the security or comfort of a blanket/plushie; someone to care for them etc. Does this make everyone an infantilist OR an adult baby - I don't think so, cause by choice, one can select a way to sate their needs. This does not make the actions of a person who chooses to regress wrong, nor does it make the actions of a person who chose to seek comfort in a partner wrong nor does it make the actions of a person who chose to smoke / drink wrong. We all have the right and freedom of choice = free- will, and as long as our actions do not directly or indirectly affect another by curtailing their free-will, there is nothing wrong with our choice.

Simply - your free-will is limited to not curtailing another persons free-will.

• Thanks 1

Aspergers was named after the guy who discovered it in 1944. His name was Hans Asperger.

I don't think there is no link between them because even none autistics enjoy wearing diapers too.

Add me to the club of people with Asperger's who wear, or rather used to wear diapers. I stopped wearing a few years ago and gave up the baby thing.

Plus, I had some control problems back when I was 19-25. I wet the bed regularly for that time too. When I stopped having my problems I decided after being hurt by so many people online that being a baby wasn't for me.

As for my history with Asperger's, I was not diagnosed with Asperger's til 2004. For years they thought it was just ADHD and such but never really did a lot of deep checking when I was in school. And for me, it made a lot of sense and now, I work and support myself good with my job, and my life. I love what I have in my life now because of the diagnosis. I have an active social life, I don't try to fit the stereotypes that come with Asperger's, and I want more in life now.

Maybe, if I found the right person, I'd go back to wearing diapers again, but I got tired of being hurt. I only keep certain people close to me because of all of the hurt I've been through.

BabyChris121675

I think all these threads relate to people making an excuse for their behavior instead of merely accepting it or changing it. It's easy to blame a "condition" for your fetish, instead of accepting responsibility for it. I definitely believe outside factors influence our thinking, however you're not going to find an objective or proper study on the topic. The key word is objective.

• Thanks 1

;)

Our boy has AS, at this time he knows I wear at night for bedwetting, but he doesn't know that I also wear during the day for fun. I've never seen any curiosity on his part about diapers.

He's 12 now, and I personally hope he never is attracted to diapers. I know how hard it was growing up with this secret desire inside of me and thinking that I was the only one with this problem.

Hell he has a hard enough time getting on with other kids his age, he doesn't need this piled in on top of that! That would just be wrong. If he did develop this desire though, and comes to me with it, I know I would be as supportive of him as I could be. I wish I'd have had that in my life when I was growing up, would have helped a lot.

Rock on,

Vic B)

A lot virtually all of my friends are autistic (birds of a feather ^_^) and as far as I know, I'm the only AB/DL amongst us. I have wondered in the past whether there's a link between (continent) autistics and diaper use, mainly because there seems to be a higher than normal proportion of autistic folks on this board. For example, of several other non-ABDL boards that I'm active on, of comparable size to this one, I'm the only person who is 'openly' autistic. On another, which is considerably larger than this one, there are only two or three. There are/have been 10-20 or so here. I've lost count of the number of PMs I've received over the last couple of years that say "Hey, me too".

That could just be chance of course, or could be down to other factors. For example here, we're already sharing one secret about ourselves by merely participating so what different does disclosing another one make? Perhaps we're more likely to disclose such secret facts about ourselves on this board because we've already revealed the biggest one we have?

Honestly, I don't think there's any more of a link between autism and diaper use than there is between say autism and stamp collecting or railway enthusiasts. If you look superficially, you'd be forgiven for thinking that there is a link between train spotting and autism because you'll find a much higher proportion of autistic people amongst train spotters than you would in the general population at large but that isn't because there's some gene-level link between the two, it's simply because they're 'compatible lifestyles'. Ordering stamps into collections, gaining an intimate knowledge of the inner workings of a large, complex machine, listing the numbers of passing locomotives, etc, etc are activities that are more likely to appeal to the autistic mindset than other more socially-oriented lifestyle choices by virtue of them being logical- or system-based hobbies as well as being socially non-demanding.

'Autism and diapers' is the same in that they're naturally compatible rather than 'linked' on some kind of genetic or psychological level. They're compatible because: it's relaxing (in that special 'autistic relaxation' way that I can't express in words but that all the other autistics reading this are now nodding about :lol:), is socially non-demanding (even socially exclusive) and can be sexually stimulating without requiring a complex (for an autistic) human relationship.

On top of these things and some others I probably missed, there are just as many individual factors that make diapers right for each person although of course, every diaper lover and adult baby has these 'personal' reasons.

This obviously doesn't mean that all autistics are diaper lovers any more than it means that all autistics are stamp collectors but it does bring about the likelihood that more ABDLs will be autistic than you might generally expect.

This argument sits crystal clear and makes logical sense in my head but I'm not so sure I portrayed it too well in words :P

WOW, I would have never thought I would see a discussion about autism here.

I agree with AutieAB (yes I am nodding)

I can see why there would be more autistic diaper wearers then normal, but like was said there would be no link though.

Diapers are a sensory thing for me, like would be for most people I am guessing, but autism is known to bring sensory processing problems, so for me wearing a diaper is probably more sensory stimulating then it would be for most. (great for after meltdown :D )

I was not out of diapers till a really late age, like 8-9 years old, and I have always worn at night. So it is no wonder why I like wearing them. I am 25, mostly non verbal, live with my parents, and will probably be moving to group home or something similar for people like me. Don't know if I will be able to wear whenever I want like I can now, maybe I will be able to sneak it. I know if people find out they will want to do away with behavior just because I am autie. Anyway, dont know any autie ab/dl's so nice to know there are others around

Or maybe alcoholism or drug use. there seems to be alot of that here too.

Hey maybe it has something to do with the "INTERNET" you notice that everyone who comes to this site uses the intenet.

• Haha 1

Or maybe alcoholism or drug use. there seems to be alot of that here too.

Hey maybe it has something to do with the "INTERNET" you notice that everyone who comes to this site uses the intenet.

...not to make fun of honest questions, but...thanks for the humor, diaprbayb :roflmao: