LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bedwetters?

I han`t realy thought about it but I was a bedwetter till I was about 9 or 10years old. Forgot about all the issuses that created for me then.

Now that I have had two back injuries with the last one of the low back I have had problems with day and night. At first the cortison shots helped some with pain then later steroid shots seemed to help the incon. some. I have alergies and they changed the alergy med to Zertec D and had me use a nasal steroid because alergies got out of control. This also helped with the incon and the Docs thought they helped two problems. But now after all the work comp stuff is over and 2.5 yrs the incon has come back worse. If I overdo it with my back its worse as I have more body spasms, if i try to hold my bladder it can go into spasm also. If my body pain is too bad or my feet and legs/hands start going numb from the presure in my back I have to back on meds. So instead of protectives I have to go to diapers and pads. I have been threw many many pain clinics , used a tens, had perm nerve blocks and can coupe with the pain most of the time. Or untill i`m exhausted and crash into deep sleep (which I miss ).The first time that happened was on a Friday night, thought I would get in bed and take a nap and didn`t wake up till Sunday mourning. After that surprise I knew I had to do something different even if I didn`t want to accept it or not. I still have problems with accepting this as I am supposed to be an adult. On the plus side I don`t always know how bad I am hurt when I do something, Thats how I got the low back problem now, thoght I just pulled some muscles badly. Doc what did you mean by the spine is not to move like that and have bulges.?

Thats why I have come here to find out more about the issue, how some deal with it. And I have found it calming to me to start looking forward.

So I have to say I fall into this area also even if I am not ready to admit it. But I am open to learn from others.

before i became 24/7 wetter, I never had a dry night in my life when younger until about 14 i was put in pampers everynight. then i got to big for them so i been wearing depends diapers for over 14 yrs now. and all ways the baby style looking three tape kinds. i wont wear anything else unless it looks and feels almost like a baby diaper. in the past couple months i started to not only wet the bed but also mess the bed. so sometimes i wake up with a fully loaded diaper.

You can add me to the list too. I've been a bedwetter all my life. I can still remember as a child and up until my teens waking up in the morning in wet pj's with a big wet patch on my sheet. I did have a rubber sheet covering the mattress underneath the bedsheet, and the usual routine was for me to gather them up and take them down to the wash. I learnt at quite an early age how to use the washing machine, so little attention was ever made to my nightly wetting. There were attempts, of course, to "cure me", visits to the doc, pills to make me sleep more lightly, bed alarms...but none were really effective and my parents soon gave up on them. Like others here, in my late teens the nightly wetting did drop off a bit, but I could never guarantee a dry night. In my twenties I discovered that adults wore diapers, that there was no shame in it, and even better, many actually loved wearing diapers! I gave it a try with a terry towel diaper and plastic pants and discovered THE most wonderful "secret"...they give the wearer the most fabulous feelings of comfort and security. I have not looked back since, wearing a diaper of some sort every night. In fact it's unthinkable for me not to. I wear Tena maxi's now...cos not only do they do the job over night, but when full in the morning, the feeling of a really full warm and wet one is simply amazing. Yes, sometimes I do leak in the night if I have been sleeping on my side...but the sight of a wet patch on the sheet to me is a bit like wearing a badge saying "Hey I'm a bedwetter!!" I think of it like being a full blown member of a pretty exclusive club! I love it!

• Thanks 1
  • 5 weeks later...

I have never entirely stopped wetting my bed. I actually wet less as a child than I do now. I've seen doctors, psychologists, and a urologist and the consensus is that it's psychological. I have had insomnia, anxiety, and night terrors for most of my life and bedwetting is a instinctual "fight or flight" response to the stress and the fear that I have in my head. I don't wear every night, but if I go to bed upset, I will at least put on a pair of pull-ups. I often wake when I'm wetting and I'm unable to stop myself. This can happen multiple times each night, and its often directly timed/tied with dreams that I have. I used to change myself immediately and return to bed, but if I wear a larger diaper or pad I'm able to go back to sleep until I need to wake in the morning. I do wet during the day, but it's a very different, conscious act. I live with my family and they know that I wet, but they mostly respect my privacy. When they haven't, they have been somewhat insensitive about it, asking if there's a better solution. There isn't ;)

I only wet the bed (accidentally) when I was 8 and 9. I remember two incidents of it happening and it was due to me having flu symptoms as well as being stressed out at school.

Now, I love my bed too much to wet it unless I bought some random mattress somewhere, slept on it with a few padded friends and we'd all turn on the waterworks ;)

I have never entirely stopped wetting my bed. I actually wet less as a child than I do now. I've seen doctors, psychologists, and a urologist and the consensus is that it's psychological. I have had insomnia, anxiety, and night terrors for most of my life and bedwetting is a instinctual "fight or flight" response to the stress and the fear that I have in my head. I don't wear every night, but if I go to bed upset, I will at least put on a pair of pull-ups. I often wake when I'm wetting and I'm unable to stop myself. This can happen multiple times each night, and its often directly timed/tied with dreams that I have. I used to change myself immediately and return to bed, but if I wear a larger diaper or pad I'm able to go back to sleep until I need to wake in the morning. I do wet during the day, but it's a very different, conscious act. I live with my family and they know that I wet, but they mostly respect my privacy. When they haven't, they have been somewhat insensitive about it, asking if there's a better solution. There isn't ;)

Welcome to Daily Diapers. I sure hope you will enjoy all the opinions and experiences of our many members. Should you have questions just ask.

I wet the bed now as an adult but never did as a kid. I remember peeing in my room late at night cause I was scared to go downstairs in the dark by myself. I can recall having the odd accident but nothing major or a reason to be put into a diaper.

I can't sleep well now if I do not wear a diaper to bed.

• 2 weeks later...

i was wetting the bed very often from 13 to 18, (almost all nights from 15 to 18) and then it was less and less often but never disappeared; since 45 it is again often; in fact i discover that it was less only because I drunk not enough; since a docteor tell me to drink more , i wet the bed again. hopefully i discovered the diaper at 25 thanks to saling (with dry suits)activities, naturally my wife prefers I wear diaper than being wet! now i can say that i definitly prefer this minor inconvenient that some others. It is definitly not dramatic to wear diaper! progresive glasses as exemple are for me much more inconvenient. I also need diaper on day when no WC are accessible fast (I cannot retain long time, it is immediately urgent)

I was dry very young. I had a sports injury when I was 15, and wet the bed a few times a month for a couple of years.

I was dry again by the time I started college. After another sports injury, I started wetting very heavily almost every night. The bedwetting eventually tapered off and stopped.

About 5 years ago, it started again, right out of the blue. It goes in streaks.

I got married while I was wetting after college. It never bothered my wife. When we were dating and when we were first married, I wore a cloth diaper, which was a irritating to get out of and into in bed. I use Abena x-plus super pads now, which are much more convenient.

Guest nappy_pants

I have become a bedwetter and have quite a few accidents during the day (so I never go out without at least a Tena pullup).

I guess I have myself to blame as I have loved diapers for many years and since meeting my current love of my life (who is totally cool with me wearing nappies), I have worn everyday for the last 2 years or so and since then i've shrunk my bladder down to nothing and the days of going drinking with the lads and lasting for 3-4 pints before needing a wee are well and truly gone, I now have to think how wet my pull up is and can anyone notice >.<

Since then I have about 4-6 accidents a night and I like my fiance doesnt mind either.

I have to say to all those "I want to become incontinent" posters, I used to feel that but never posted it and i'm glad I didn't because when you truly become incontinent sometimes it's no joke; I can cite many times when I've had a few beers and really want to go to bed and have to go through the hassle of putting a nappy on because I will wet the bed.

Or when I think i'll skip putting a nappy on and get to bed only for my g/f to say "go and put a nappy on because I dont want to wake up in a wet bed" >.<

Sometimes it aint so cool but honestly overall I'm happy in my nappy and just accept it's now part of my life.

And to be honest it's become part of my life (and my g/f) that we wouldn't change, I accept being a bedwetter and day wetter and I'm proud of who I am.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Just wanted to know how many other real bedwetters are out there.

I never really stopped wetting the bed. Tried to stop using meds once and hated it. Would much rather wear a nice thick nappy to bed than take the meds.

Who else out there is a real bedwetter?

Hello,yes been a bed wetter all my life,I have had the odd dry nite but nothing more than that.I have as far as I know always woren terry nappies and plastic pants and had a rubber sheet on my bed,had pills bells and pads/mats,but it still came back to nappies.I do not see myself as an adult baby or even a nappy/dipaer lover am what I like to think of as a kidult a little still in need of his nappies.

:blush:

As a child I always wet the bed, it wasn't until age 12 that I outgrew it. Then became diabetic in 2005 or there abouts, might have been 2004-2005 time frame, I'm not sure.

The point is that I started wetting again in late 06, the doc said it could be the diabetes, or the problems I was having with my back (I put off having back surgery until June of 08 when there was nothing else for it).

Since the surgery my backs been good, but I'm still wetting, so it's probably the diabetes. I've tried one med for it, but all it did was constipate me, and there's another but it would probably have adverse reactions with other meds I'm on.

Oh well, I've got diapers and a plastic sheet, so no worries.

Peace,

Vic :)

• 4 weeks later...

I can't remember wetting the bed at anytime beyond 2nd grade. (I doubt I wet even in 2nd grade. If so, then 1st grade may have been the last time.)

I guess I'm one of the few (or who knows how many) users who happen to be physiologically fit. I'm here because I'd like to identify with the Adult Kid segment and find gigs where I can pretend to be a child (and perhaps act as a simulated bedwetter.)

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

Just wanted to know how many other real bedwetters are out there.

I never really stopped wetting the bed. Tried to stop using meds once and hated it. Would much rather wear a nice thick nappy to bed than take the meds.

Who else out there is a real bedwetter?

me

it was bad all during teen years

now i soak the underwear at times

if i can afford it i wear an x large diaper to bed and then plastic pants over the diaper

lately has been very difficult to afford them

• 3 weeks later...

I used to be. I wet the bed at night untill I was a teenager. I still have accidents, even now. I have a protective sheet on my bed. Just in case. And If I should stay at someones house I wear a super thick, no chance it will leak diaper. Just in case.

I enjoy wettin my bed, and do it for fun sometimes. And then once in a while I will not be diapered or anything and I will wake up wetting or wake up in a wet bed. good thing I have a plastic sheet.

• 4 weeks later...

I used to wet my bed up to age 6 or 7 then I was able to control it. About 4 years ago I started having control problems once again and now I wet the bed every night for the last 3 years. Last night was the first time in a while that my cloth diapers leaked and my sheets and wife were soaked, she was a little upset to have to change the bed while I put on a dry diaper.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a bedwetter, but i did have one 'accident' that I remember. I was 9, and we were traveling in Japan, and I think were staying at the Tokyo Hilton(?) My dad took off shopping, and left us (2 bros and myself) to swim in the pool all day. Around dinner time, were exhausted, my younger bro fell asleep (literally) in his soup. After dinner we went to the room and hit the sack. I woke up the next morning in a puddle :blush: and pulled the sheets up to cover what happened. We left to go on a tour, and were gone all day. when we got back, I was wondering if the wet spot was still there, and tried to check (discreetly) and it had dried. Room service didn't touch our room (which I thought was odd, but relieved for) and I felt a lot better about what happened. That was it for the rest of the trip.

My one question and observation in this forum is why are the majority of bedwetters Male?? There are a couple of ladies in the mix, but the majority of responders are male, which I find sort of odd. Aside from physical injury or disorder or disability, I just wonder why so many are males. I would think that 'physically' we can (should be able to) hold or manage longer than females, just given physical anatomy.

Is it psychological?? emotional?? or stress related?? or hormonal? I read some mentioning either an OAB or small bladder, but I still wonder why the majority of bedwetters are male..

any thoughts??

qwack

• 3 weeks later...

for me i have two choices... diaper + plastic pants + onesie + plastic mat under sheet (some are better than others)

or pissing all over the bed. good mattresses are too expensive, although somehow the idea of someone willing to sleep with a messy bedwetter is appealing... just impossible to find *sigh*