LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Psychiatrists/psychologists/counsellors

DollyDiaper

Would you consult any of the above mental health professionals regarding your love of diapers/nappies?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Would you consult any of the above mental health professionals regarding your love of diapers/nappies?

• Never have and never will
    • Never have but think you should
    • Never have but would like to
    • Have done in the past
    • Are currently

• 4 months later...

If you have, would you say it was a positive experience overall? :-?

wear for real so why see a head dr.

but i did deal with one over MPD and night mares he seemed to have no problem with them and even said he had others that liked to wear them and saw nothing wrong with them

some of us do,,lol it was hard to deal with, and still is at times. its like waiting for the sky to fall at times

When I went to see a shrink for some fairly serious depression/anxiety, I told him..on the grounds that without that piece of info, I might not get the help I needed....

The shrink (and 3 or 4 since then over a 13 year period) proceeded to ignore me....the only thing I have gotten is the occasional warning to be discreet, and a bit of unprofessional curiosity from one...rest of the time we talk about what is going on in my life otherwise...

Dill Pickle

DollyDiaper, Good Post!

It is clear that most of us have never seen a professional therapist of any flavor about our love for diapers and never will. I truly don't know why I love to wear diapers, but one would think it logical to seek therapy to answer that question. So why don't I seek therapy is the question I have to ask myself. Unfortunately, I don't really know the answer to that question either. Maybe I need therapy to find out if I need therapy?!?!...I don't know...but what I do know is that, finding out "why" is no longer a driving force for me. I think that changed when I discovered others with the same lifestyle. When I thought I was alone in my desires, professional therapy was certainly an option. Now I feel more comfortable with "it is what it is". I guess one could argue that joining this site is a form of seeking therapy to some degree though...

• 2 months later...

I'm seeing a psychologist because of a recurring dream that scares my so bad I wake up crying and usually mess myself. She knows I've worn diapers for over 40 years and I recently told her about my new interest in infantilism. She's pretty cool about it and helped me understand the difference between diaper fetish and infantilism. She wants me to tell her about my journey.

• Like 1

I'm seeing a psychologist because of a recurring dream that scares my so bad I wake up crying and usually mess myself. She knows I've worn diapers for over 40 years and I recently told her about my new interest in infantilism. She's pretty cool about it and helped me understand the difference between diaper fetish and infantilism. She wants me to tell her about my journey.

I told a research psychologist doing a survey for another problem I have about it just to get some feedback. We talked that my main problem was how I had these binges and then regretted the time it took from other things and the Anne Landers article that others did this so I don't feel isolated, the big problem we can have.

Wow! 50+ votes, not a bad sample. I thought this poll had died a long time ago and hadn't noticed it was jogging along in my absence. Some interesting replies too, thanks.

Belinda your experience prompted both a groan and a giggle of recognition. I went out with a psychiatrist for a while a few years ago - barking mad! He did my head in at the time :wacko:

Please don't let these experiences put anyone off seeking help if you feel you need or want to - I believe we should all do what we feel may benefit us.

But I'm inclined to go with the general feeling here and agree with Phantom that a community like DD is probably as good, if not better than any professional therapy for DL's. Who better to talk to than those who share the same passion!?

Dolly

I actually mensioned to my counsellor and she (of course) thought I was nuts! I brought it up because I wanted to know why I absolutely LOVE to wear diapers but lead a completely normal lifestyle otherwards? I just thought there might be a logical explaination but I guess it's just that.. I love to wear diapers! I'm not a pedafile and I'm not gay I have always liked to wear them. I can remember hiding a few (stolen from my baby cousins mom's diaperbag) diapers under my bed untill I could be alone to put them on. This is back in like 1976 when a diaper was a diaper too! I thought that a therapist would be able to give me some fast reason for my behavior, but he seemed to think the same thing about me! So, I figure as long as I'm not hurting anyone or causing myself or others any harm then who's really to know anyway. I know I'm mentally healthy. I just like to kick back with a diaper on instead of drinking alcohol or drugs! I do neither. Recovering opiate addict; 4 years clean! Hooray for me and CVS brand Overnight diapers!! LOL

• 6 months later...

I just don't see any point to such a thing.

Because of a medical condition I have to wear them - but that hasn't really bothered me it quite some time (I was still in grade school when it did) - even at that time, it wasn't really the fact itself that was the problem; it was more how mean others were about it.

The additional play... Well, again what is the point...With one possible exception that I can think of - that is if you are already in a good relationship, and it really is that disturbing to your partner, but there is no major other problems. Since this is not the case with me ---- why bother?

I did when I was 20 or 21, but my therapist chalked it up to experimentation. Plus it really had no significance to the real reason I was needing a therapist, and we had plenty of real issues to talk about. I wasn't concerned with my diaper wearing and neither was she.

~ABMeshell (o:~

I became urge incontinent in my late twenties, so have to wear diapers. Diapers allow me to feel assured that I won’t embarrass myself when I have wetting accidents. I love the feeling of security that my diapers give me, and that seems to be the same as many other Diaper Lovers. I don’t really understand how I’ve come to have a sexual attraction to wearing diapers, but I do. Maybe it’s just isolation and practice. lol I think I’m in this thing for life now, and probably wouldn’t hook up with someone who didn’t embrace the DL side of me, because it is now part of who I am.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dolly :D

I`ve worn off & on for many years. My significantly better half knows this & although

she does`nt completely understand it accepts it as being "me". I went through the

" what`s wrong with me " stages thinking "normal" folk dont do this! I`ve since accepted

that this is me and I`m not alone with it. Thanks to the I`net I can see there are many many

like me as well as those who dont wear & think it`s kool. Thank you Daily Di. for being here &

helping us all.

:wub::wub: to all in my new extended "family"

Tigger

• 2 weeks later...

Funny this topic should come up because this is the story I wrote about in the novel Bikini Twist. The psychologist in the book claims that infantilism is a cure, not a disease. Why treat being an AB/DL as a problem when in truth it's a solution--a NATURAL solution. It doesn't require mind-altering drugs and is not damaging, yet it soothes. I could go on with a long-winded explanation of why infantilism is not socially accepted, but all of us probably figured that out! In a nutshell, life (adult life) is all about maintaining self control. Sometimes it's nice not to have to worry about that. But in public, we can't do that.

In Bikini Twist, five men go for counseling to learn how to incorporate infantilism into their daily lives...and not feel guilty about it. Reality can imitate fiction--or vice versa.

Baby June 1/15/2007

• 4 weeks later...

I told my first shrink while i was in therapy for severe depression. I've never mentioned it to the two shrinks I saw later.

Hi anon, what made you decide not to tell the latter two? Did you not have a good response telling the first?

And thanks, I'm glad this poll still has legs. Amongst other reasons, I'm interested to hear how aware/informed the mental health professionals are in this area.

I hope they've at least been able to help you with your depression and I wish you well.

D :) lly