LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Broken: Chapter 27 - Outburst

This chapter has some many layers we see Darlene and Avery open his insecurities and fears ! And in the end (with a little help of Valium and wine ) they shared what they really need a bond of care and nurturing !

hope when Avery wake up he reacts well and don’t freak ou ! And curious to see his reaction when he notice he has already drinking Darlene milk before !!

ps take care of yourself ! Your story is a great one 

Your health is more important then the story. You have to take care of yourself first.

This chapter is so good just what I enjoy about stories like this.

Nursing a baby boy is always a big part of all my stories what happens after is the part of the grown me. But in reality this is how I would really enjoy the rest of my life .

I hope he realizes how lucky he is to have a women care for him and take care of him even if she didn't seems to be that type of lady.

With them drinking so much wine there was no way he was going to let her go to the office. This is just another part of him that needs her so much to make his life better and to fill her heart with love. 🙂

• Like 1

This scene, so gently written, played out perfectly. Near the start, though, I must admit that I did wonder why no one in these stories ever thinks of cabs or Ubers in these situations...

🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, kerry said:

cabs or Ubers in these situations...

Same! But they may be in an area where cabs aren't a normal thing... or ubers for that matter. (I don't know of many places Ubers didn't become a thing though) 

• Thanks 1

I saw comments on this story from a couple of folks whose writing and opinions I respect, so I decided to give it a read. So glad I did. I love how you’ve developed the relationships, good and bad. They leave me concerned for Avery, but also hopeful. Darlene way overstepped with the hypnosis and I’ll be interested to see if you reveal its nature beyond the compliance seen so far. Just how far did she take it?

I’m enjoying the story and looking forward to more chapters!

• Thanks 1
  • FingerToes changed the title to Broken: Chapter 23 - Morning After

Chapter 23 - Morning After

The morning sun filtered through the blinds, casting a warm golden glow over the room. Darlene woke up early that day, feeling tired because she had not slept well, staying up and thinking about what had happened and feeling weighed down by the events of the previous night. She stretched her limbs and rubbed the sleep from her eyes, gathering herself before rising from the bed. Darlene got up to put on a pair of black yoga pants, a pink t-shirt, and fuzzy pink socks. She tied her hair into a messy pony and slipped on a pair of white tennis shoes before heading down the stairs, her outfit giving off a cool and casual vibe. The yoga pants hugged her curves, and the loose shirt hung off her shoulder. She felt comfortable and ready for the day ahead.

As she stepped into the living room, her gaze fell upon Avery, who was still fast asleep on the couch. He looked peaceful, wrapped snugly in the blanket she had put him in before heading upstairs last night. His chest rose and fell gently to the rhythm of his breaths. Darlene couldn't help but smile as she approached him. As Darlene reached her hand into the blanket, she could feel the softness of the fabric against her fingertips. As she moved her hand, finding the waistband of his diaper, she could sense the warmth he radiated from under the blanket; then, her hand came into contact with the wet diaper, damping her fingers and slightly cold. She checked to ensure there were no leaks, running her fingers along the diaper's edges and feeling its weight. His clothes and blanket were still dry. Darlene smiled down at him, knowing that he must have felt vulnerable in that state.

"Morning, sleepyhead," Darlene whispered, careful not to wake him just yet. She bent down to pull the blanket higher over Avery's body, ensuring that he would stay warm and comfortable until he decided to rise.

With a sigh, Darlene turned towards the kitchen. As she began preparing breakfast.

"Alright, let's make breakfast," she whispered to herself, busying her hands with the preparation of breakfast. Her mind wandered back to the intimate moment they had shared the night before when Avery lay on her lap and breastfed. It was a tender experience, one that she knew could be difficult for both of them to process. The sizzle of bacon and eggs filled the air, accompanied by the aroma of fresh coffee brewing. Darlene found solace in these familiar tasks, pushing her apprehensions aside for the moment.

Avery stirred from his slumber, the tantalizing scent of food beckoning him awake. He stretched, feeling more well-rested than he had in a long time. But as he moved, he became painfully aware of the wet diaper pressing against him. Embarrassment flushed his cheeks as he recalled the previous night – the warmth of Darlene's embrace, the soothing sensation of breastfeeding, and now this...

"Morning, Darlene," he called out softly, not wanting to draw attention to his current state. It was hard to believe he had allowed himself to get into such a state in front of another person.

"Good morning, Avery," Darlene replied, trying to keep her voice steady. She busied herself with flipping the eggs, hoping he wouldn't sense her unease. "Breakfast will be ready soon."

"Thanks," Avery mumbled, scrambling off the couch and making a beeline for the bathroom. In the privacy of the small room, he peeled off his onesie and wet diaper, wincing at the cold air that hit his skin. He quickly dressed in a Baby Yoda t-shirt and sweatpants, stuffing the onesie Darlene had bought for him into his backpack. She was right about needing it for work – it would serve as a discreet undershirt to hide his diapers.

As Avery emerged from the bathroom, he found Darlene placing plates of scrambled eggs and toast on the kitchen table. "Breakfast is ready," she announced with a smile, trying to keep the atmosphere light and casual. They hadn’t had sex or even done anything sexual, and yet it felt like waking up the morning after such an encounter.

"Smells great," he said, taking a seat at the table. The two of them ate in companionable silence, both lost in their own thoughts about the previous night but hesitant to broach the subject. Despite their unspoken tension, they couldn't deny that something had shifted.

Avery looked out the kitchen window; the morning sun streamed in, casting a warm glow on Darlene's face as she sipped her coffee. She glanced over at Avery, who was quietly munching on his bacon, seemingly lost in thought. She took a deep breath and decided to break the silence.

"Did you sleep well?" she asked, her voice gentle and caring.

"Uh, yeah," Avery replied, shifting in his chair. "Thanks for letting me crash here."

"Of course," Darlene said, a soft smile playing on her lips. "It was nice having some company."

Avery nodded, appreciating her attempt at keeping the conversation light. He cleared his throat, searching for something else to talk about. "So… um, what are your plans for the weekend?"

"Nothing too exciting," Darlene admitted with a shrug. "Just catching up on work and maybe going for a run. How about you?"

"Same, not much. Maybe grocery shopping and laundry for the week," he said. "and video games… the usual." Avery said he felt a little like a kid when he said he would play video games, even though he knew many adults did it.

They shared a brief, knowing look – both of them tiptoeing around the memory of last night, neither wanting to be the first to bring it up. Darlene swallowed the lump in her throat, focusing on her breakfast as she pondered the unspoken words between them. Avery was glad to have something besides cereal, yogurt, or oatmeal for breakfast. The crispy saltiness of the bacon paired perfectly with the fluffy, buttery eggs and the robust flavor of the coffee. The combination of flavors danced on Avery's tongue, satisfying his hunger and leaving him feeling content.

Once they finished eating, Darlene insisted on driving Avery back to his apartment.

As they drove back, Avery watched out the passenger side of the window. "Hey, Darlene?" Avery began, fiddling with the strap of his backpack as they pulled away from her house. “Thank you for last night. The movie was great, and I had a really nice time."

"Me too," Darlene replied softly, her eyes on the road ahead. "I'm glad we got to spend some time together, and thank you so much for helping me with the furniture and getting into the garage.."

As they continued their drive, both Avery and Darlene found solace in the knowledge that, despite the unspoken complexities of their relationship, they both enjoyed the evening. They felt like a pair of young lovers who had both enjoyed an experience together but lacked the emotional maturity to talk about it.

As they pulled up outside the building, Avery turned to her, sincerity shining in his eyes. "Again, thank you, Darlene," he said softly. "For everything. Last night was… really nice."

Darlene opened her mouth as if she was about to respond. Avery, suddenly anxious she was going to say she regretted the feeding, decided to interrupt and clarify his meaning. The truth was he had thought the breastfeeding had been one of the most intimate moments of his life.

"Watching the movie, I mean," he added quickly, feeling his cheeks heat up. He repeated like a broken record, “It… It was a really good movie.”

Darlene smiled and reached out to give his hand a quick squeeze. "You're welcome, Avery. Have a good weekend, okay? I'll see you on Monday."

"See you then," he agreed, stepping out of the car and watching as she drove away. As he stood next to his apartment door outside, Avery couldn't help but feel a strange mixture of relief and longing – grateful for the normalcy of his weekend routine, yet yearning for the tender comfort that only Darlene seemed to provide.

Avery's fingers fumbled with the apartment keys, his heart still pounding from the unspoken words that lingered between him and Darlene. Avery unlocked the apartment door, and as he stepped inside his apartment, the familiar scent of stale air greeted him, a stark contrast to the warm and inviting atmosphere of Darlene's home. He closed the door behind him, leaning against it as he allowed himself a moment to process everything that had happened.

"Okay," he muttered under his breath, attempting to regain his composure. "Just... think."

Images from the previous night swirled through his mind – the softness of the blanket, the comforting weight of Darlene's arm around him, and the sensation of being nestled against her. It was a memory both precious and terrifying, leaving him torn between wanting to cherish it and needing to push it away.

"Alright," he sighed, tearing himself away from the door and making his way to the living room. "Time for a distraction."

He grabbed the PS4 controller, feeling its familiar weight in his hands as he powered up the console. The gentle hum of the machine and the flickering light of the screen provided a sense of normalcy, a tether to reality that Avery desperately needed.

"Let's see what we've got," he mumbled, scrolling through his game library, searching for something – anything – that could occupy his mind and keep the memories at bay. His eyes settled on an action-packed game, one that required quick reflexes and little thought beyond the immediate task at hand.

"Perfect."

As Avery dove into the virtual world of gunfire and explosions, he felt a temporary reprieve from the storm of emotions raging within him. The chaos on-screen consumed his focus, his fingers expertly navigating the controller as he vanquished enemy after enemy.

"Take that!" he exclaimed triumphantly, momentarily forgetting his inner turmoil. But as the adrenaline faded and the level ended, the memories of last night crept back in, unbidden.

"Dammit," he muttered, pausing the game and rubbing his eyes. He felt the pressure of his bladder as he took off, running to the bathroom, almost peeing in his sweatpants. "What is wrong with me?" 

When he got back to the living room, the video game was still paused. He looked at it and said, "This isn't working."

He glanced around the room, searching for another distraction, but nothing seemed capable of silencing the thoughts that haunted him. Heaving a deep sigh, Avery surrendered to the realization that there would be no escape from the memories – or the feelings they evoked.

"Okay," he whispered, steeling himself for the internal battle that lay ahead. "Let's face this head-on."

As he set the controller aside, Avery braced himself for the introspection that awaited him, knowing that the only way to confront his emotions truly was to allow himself to feel them, no matter how terrifying they may be.

Avery realized his stomach was growling as it was evening, and he had missed lunch, turning yesterday's events over and over in his head.

Avery went to the refrigerator and prepared himself some dinner alone. He placed them on his small kitchen table and stared at the leftovers on his plate, barely registering the taste of cold lasagna and stale garlic bread as he chewed mechanically. The fizz of his Sprite did little to distract him from the whirlwind of thoughts that refused to quieten. He sighed, pushing the plate away, his appetite gone. He couldn’t help thinking he would’ve much preferred to be eating at Darlene’s table again.

"Maybe walking outside would help," he thought, slipping on his shoes and grabbing a jacket. But even the crisp evening air, laden with the scent of autumn leaves, couldn't chase away the memories of last night.

He found himself wandering aimlessly. He walked by a park bench overlooking a small set of hills. As if drawn by an unseen force, Avery sat down, the cold metal seeping through his jacket. The sky was painted in shades of orange, pink, and purple as the sun dipped towards the horizon. The trees were silhouetted against the colorful sky, their leaves rustling in the gentle evening breeze. Shadows were starting to lengthen across the ground, casting a blanket of darkness over everything. Slowly but surely, the sun disappeared from view, leaving a peaceful and tranquil atmosphere behind.

"Darlene…" he whispered, her name escaping his lips like a prayer. His heart ached with longing, and he couldn't help but admit how much he'd enjoyed their time together the previous night – even without the breastfeeding. Tears slid down Avery's face in the cool night. He wiped the tear with the sleeve of his jacket.

The gentle feeling of being beside Darlene's breast, nestled in her arms, was like a balm for his soul. He'd never felt so safe and secure in his entire life, as though wrapped in a cocoon of love and warmth. "Why can't I stop thinking about this?" he wondered, rubbing his temples in frustration.

"Hey, Avery! What are you doing here, man?" a voice called out, shattering his reverie as he almost jumped out of the park bench.

"Uh, hey, Nick." Avery forced a smile at one of his apartment neighbors who lived near him, trying to hide the turmoil within. "Just needed some fresh air. How about you?"

"Same, same," Nick responded, taking a seat next to Avery. "You seem a bit off, though. Everything okay?"

"Sort of," Avery hesitated, unsure of how much to divulge. "It's just… I'm struggling with some stuff right now. It's hard to explain."

"Hey, man," Nick said, clapping a hand on Avery's shoulder, "we all go through things. Just remember you've got friends here for you, okay? And if you ever need a friend to play with online, just look up my gamer ID."

"Thanks, Nick." Avery forced another smile, touched by his neighbor's concern but knowing that this was something he needed to face alone. He couldn't shake the feeling that his mind was playing tricks on him, making him crave the impossible.

As they sat in silence, the sky above painted with hues of pink and orange as the sun dipped below the horizon, the last of the sun rays reaching out past the trees disappearing, Avery couldn't help but wonder if he would ever find solace in this with or if he was doomed to be haunted by the tender moments he'd shared with Darlene – moments that seemed both achingly real and frustratingly out of reach. Avery felt it would have been better never to have known a feeling like this.

Avery headed back to his apartment and put his jacket up in the closet. The soft glow of the moonlight streamed through the bedroom window, casting a serene light on the rumpled sheets. Avery lay in bed, his eyes wide open as he stared at the ceiling. The darkness pressed down on him, suffocating, as memories of being held in Darlene's arms consumed his thoughts.

"Stop it," he whispered to himself, trying to convince his mind to let go of the images that haunted him. He twisted and turned, attempting to find a comfortable position that might lull him to sleep, but to no avail.

"Fine," he muttered, throwing off the covers and rising from the bed. Desperation clawed at his chest as he stumbled into the darkened living room, determined to recreate the scenario from last night. He placed a pillow on the couch and then one on the cushion, hoping it would conjure up some semblance of the comfort he'd felt nestled against Darlene.

"Please work," he murmured, laying down and pressing his face against the pillow. But the soft cotton was a cold, lifeless imitation of the warmth he craved, and a wave of bitter disappointment washed over him.

"Damn it!" he cursed softly, tears pricking at the corners of his eyes.

Meanwhile, when Darlene returned home, her eyes widened in shock at the sight of the Goodwill truck parked outside her house. Her heart clenched at the realization that they were here to collect the belongings of her baby. With a heavy heart, she watched as the workers loaded the once cherished items onto the vehicle - the crib with its soft sheets and mobile, the countless stuffed animals that had been gifts from friends and family, and the tiny outfits that now held only bittersweet memories. Each item felt like a piece of her heart being taken away, a reminder of what could have been. The sound of boxes being loaded echoed through her quiet house, adding to the emptiness she felt inside. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she watched.

Darlene wiped her tears away as they finished. "Thank you for coming," she said to the Goodwill workers with a brave smile, blinking back tears. Once they had driven off, she closed the garage door and stepped back into her empty, quiet house.

"Get it together, Darlene," she told herself, fighting the urge to crumble into sobs. In an effort to take her mind off the emotional maelstrom that threatened to overwhelm her, she changed into workout clothes and began a series of lunges and squats, accompanied by blaring rock music.

"Come on, Darlene, focus," she chided herself between breaths. After completing her workout, she moved on to tackle a few loose ends at work, her fingers flying across the keyboard as if possessed.

"Distraction is key," she thought, forcing herself to concentrate on the task at hand, all the while knowing that the silence in her heart would be waiting for her once the music stopped.

The weekend lingered like a thick fog, the hours stretching into eternity as both Avery and Darlene tried to navigate their newfound loneliness. The shadows in their respective homes seemed more pronounced, the silence deafening as they each attempted to fill the void with mundane distractions.

Monday morning loomed on the horizon, casting an air of uncertainty and unease over their upcoming office encounter. Would they ever be able to look at one another without recalling their shared intimacy? Or would it serve as a bridge, connecting them in ways neither had anticipated? Neither of them really knew if they would’ve preferred to bring up what was weighing on their minds or ignore it for fear of what the other might say.

That Sunday night, as the last vestiges of the weekend slipped through his fingers like sand, Avery found himself compelled to do something he never thought he would: attempt to recreate the breastfeeding experience again from Darlene. He knew it was a futile endeavor – nothing could compare to the warmth and comfort her body had provided him – but some desperate part of him hoped that by mimicking the scenario, he might recapture even the smallest fragment of those tender moments.

Determined to relive the feeling of security he had once felt in Darlene's arms, Avery grabbed a diaper. This was the first time he was going to put on a diaper for reasons other than work. The first time he was going to wear one when he didn’t feel like he had to.

Avery carefully unfolded a fresh diaper, smoothing out the soft material before gently sliding it between his legs. He pulled it up and adjusted the sides, making sure it fit snugly against his body. As he fastened the tapes, a sense of vulnerability and embarrassment washed over him, but he pushed past it in his determination to recreate the feeling of being cared for and nurtured by Darlene. He couldn't help wondering if being swaddled would somehow transport him back to that serene cocoon of warmth and love.

Blushing with both embarrassment and determination, Avery meticulously arranged the pillows on the couch just as he had done the previous night. He pressed his face against the soft fabric and took a deep breath, trying to recreate the comfort he had longed for.

"Okay," he muttered under his breath, trying to block out the nagging voice in his head that told him this was ridiculous. "Just... just close your eyes and focus."

He envisioned Darlene's gentle touch, the soothing rhythm of her heartbeat, the scent of her skin as he lay there, cradled in her arms. But no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't conjure the magic of that night; it remained an elusive memory, taunting him from just beyond his reach.

"Damn it," Avery whispered, frustration seeping into his bones as he abandoned the futile endeavor. He couldn't shake the feeling that something important had been awakened within him – a yearning for connection, for closeness that went beyond the physical. And as much as he tried to suppress it, he knew it wouldn't be silenced easily.

"Tomorrow," he thought with a mixture of dread and anticipation. "Tomorrow, I'll see her again."

• Like 21

I want them to realize they are ment for a mommy/baby relationship so baaad. Omg it's so well told and the tempo is just right. 

Just by the content of this chapter I can tell you are feeling much better after what you went though

with your sick time. Welcome back.

Sofi your post hit the nail on the head.

Avery tried to recreate what happened the night before he needs her and she needs him.

I'm sorry she had to get rid of her special baby things which was hard on her heart but she might

have to go bye a new nursery but this time in blue.

They need each other and Fingertoes I'm sure you will make that happen.

I love this story and am so happy you are back and feeling better. 🙂

• Like 1

At this point, I rather wish you had not allowed Darlene to succumb to the temptation to use hypnosis. There is something precious that is budding now, and maybe it would have happened anyway. (I think it easily might have.) but when/if he finds out about the hypnosis...well, all bets are off.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Diapered Dave said:

FingerToes.... Are you a writer by trade? This story is amazing!

Note about the Author:

I am not a writer by trade. I barely passed high school and college English classes. Though I have always enjoyed writing, my spelling and grammar are terrible. I have started many stories, mostly fantasy, but also some ABDL related and even a couple of children's books. Unfortunately, I have never been able to finish them because I get stuck and don't have an audience so I gave up opn them. I was always afraid to share my work., even though my goal has always been to write a complete book. 

Fortunately, Grammarly has helped me overcome my writing issues. In high school and college, I was told that my content and creativity were good, but my grammar was always subpar or down right awful. I often joke that English is my second language and that I don't have a primary language. I am Dyslexic, but back in the 80's, dyslexia was not well understood, and there were no tools to help those with the condition.

My trade is engineering and project management, so I'm more adept at math than writing. Nevertheless, I've felt blessed to receive compliments on my writing here. I never imagined that people would enjoy my work so much. 

Hopefully, I will write more after completing this book. 

On another note, I had a severe bout of RSV, which has left me feeling like a baby, but not in a good way. I can could stay awake for moe than two hours with out having to go back to sleep. Even after recovering from the illness, I still felt exhausted and unable to move around much. It has taken me a while to regain my stamina, but I'm finally starting to feel better. 

There are writers here whose work I admire, and it's incredibly gratifying to receive positive feedback from them. I can't express how great it feels.  So a big shout out to all of you!

3 hours ago, kerry said:

At this point, I rather wish you had not allowed Darlene to succumb to the temptation to use hypnosis. There is something precious that is budding now, and maybe it would have happened anyway. (I think it easily might have.) but when/if he finds out about the hypnosis...well, all bets are off.

I some times think I shouldn't have done that as well but wanted Darlene to have a character flaw where she has to be in control all the time and she does stupid things to be in control.  Your about to see that character flaw come out again.  Just like Avery's character flaw is his in ability to trust anyone or himself and express himself.  I have the entire book outlined.  There is one part I wonder what everyone will think as the story progress so I will be interested in everyone's view point then.

I love how you’re taking the time to build their relationship. It will be interesting to see how recent events impact their work dynamic. Darlene was wrong to surreptitiously expose Avery to hypnosis. Any relationship built on a lie is bound to have significant problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • FingerToes changed the title to Broken: Chapter 24 - Security Badges

Chapter 24 - Security Badges

The sun's rays peeked through the tall skyscrapers, casting a muted glow on the sleek and modern DNA Pharmacia building. The concrete jungle was quiet as it was still in the early morning, with only a few people scattered about. Darlene stood out in her polished business attire, in a light green blouse with a suit and pants, and her hair pulled back in a neat bun. The fluorescent lights of the garage illuminated her path, her footsteps echoing off the walls. The air was heavy with the familiar scent of gasoline and exhaust fumes, a constant reminder of the bustling city outside. As she walked towards the elevator, Darlene couldn't help but feel a sense of anticipation for the day ahead.

As she approached the elevator, she noticed something different. A new badge reader was mounted on the wall next to it, along with a sign that read: "All employees must go to level 1 security to get their new badges." Darlene furrowed her brow, puzzled by this sudden change. "New badges, why?" she thought, her mind racing through possible explanations for the unannounced implementation.

Upon reaching the security desk on level 1, Darlene's eyes scanned the room, noting the fresh coat of paint on one of the walls with the shiny new equipment mounted on it. The security guard, a stocky man with a stern expression, handed her a clipboard to fill out the necessary information for her new badge.

"Excuse me," Darlene said, trying to mask her annoyance with a polite tone, "Why are we getting new badges all of a sudden?"

"Over the weekend, we've been working on installing badge readers at all access points to every level," the guard replied, standing tall and stocky, his face set in a stern expression. He wore a standard security uniform, complete with a badge and walkie-talkie clipped to his belt. His arms were crossed over his chest, adding to his imposing presence. He had a buzzed haircut, and his eyes darted around the room as he spoke in a monotone voice. He looked tired, his voice was monotone, and he was clearly tired of answering the same question over and over.

"Only specific individuals will be allowed on certain levels without a proper and approved escort. It's the new corporate policy. We need to beef up security to take precautions. But that is all I know. Everyone is asking me why. I have no idea." As the security guard talked, Darlene could tell there was no point in pushing the conversation.

Darlene couldn't help but feel skeptical. "But why now? And what kind of precautions?" she wondered. These changes seemed more than coincidental, especially considering the recent events involving John and Avery.

"Alright then," Darlene said, handing back the clipboard once she had finished. "Thank you for the information."

"Have a good day, ma'am," the guard replied, handing Darlene her new badge with an almost robotic efficiency.

As she clipped the badge onto her blouse, her mind continued to churn. She couldn't shake the nagging feeling that something was amiss. The only way to find out, she decided, was to get up to her office and start making some calls. With a determined stride, Darlene headed back to the elevator; her thoughts focused on uncovering the truth behind these sudden changes.

Upon reaching the 5th floor, Darlene swiped her new badge at the access point, its electronic beep mocking her. She clenched her teeth and rolled her eyes as she walked through the opening doors, her mind racing with questions.

"Morning, Darlene," said an employee as she strode past with purpose.

"Morning," she replied tersely, barely acknowledging their presence which was unusual for her as her thoughts remained fixated on the recent events involving John and Avery. Normally, she would have engaged in conversation with her employees to find out how their weekend went but not today. Darlene continued to think that the attack on Avery should have been more than enough to terminate John, but what if it wasn't? What if he was still here, lurking in the background?

The moment she entered her office, Darlene shut the door behind her, forgoing her usual routine of brewing coffee and reviewing the week's agenda. Her fingers trembled as she dialed Julian's extension, only to be met with his voicemail. Frustration bubbled within her as she wanted answers now, and she wasn't known to be a patient woman. She sighed in exasperation as she hung up and dialed Bryan instead.

"Hello?" Bryan answered distractedly, clearly not expecting her call.

"Byran, it's Darlene. We need to talk about these new security measures." Her voice was sharp, demanding answers.

"Uh, sure, give me a second," Bryan said, his tone shifting from surprise to concern as he excused himself from another conversation and asked his employee who he was engaged in conversation with to leave and close the door behind him.

Darlene impatiently tapped her foot, trying to control her suspicion as she waited for Bryan to return his attention to her call. When he finally did, she launched into her questions, her words tumbling out almost faster than she could think of them.

"Is this because of John? Did they not get rid of him after what happened to Avery?" she demanded, her voice shaking with anger.

"Darlene, I understand your concerns, but I can't discuss personnel matters over the phone," Bryan responded cautiously. "However, you should know that the new security measures are meant to ensure everyone's safety, including Avery's."

"Everyone's safety?" Darlene scoffed. "Or just Avery's? And what about John? Will he still be allowed on our floor?"

"Darlene, I really think you should speak with Julian about this. He's better equipped to address your concerns," Bryan said, trying to defuse the situation. "And, yes, John is still here working. You know I would have let him go if I could have" Bryan said in a nervous tone. He could not only hear but feel Darlene's anger over the phone.

Darlene couldn’t believe it. Despite everything John had done, he was still working for the company. The man had practically assaulted Avery and humiliated him completely, but he was still employed. Darlene wondered how strong John’s connections were that he could get away with so much. Her thoughts turned to Avery, and she felt a pang of worry. She felt the need to protect the delicate man. She dreaded the poor guy finding out that John was still lurking in the building.

"Fine!" she snapped, hanging up before he could say anything else. Her mind raced as she tried to process the conversation, her heart pounding in her chest. If they didn't get rid of John, what lengths would they go to in order to protect Avery? And more importantly, why were they still entertaining the idea of keeping John employed here?

As she paced her office, her thoughts whirled like a tornado, tearing through every possibility and leaving her with nothing but uncertainty and anxiety.

Darlene glanced at the clock on her wall. Avery wouldn’t be in for another thirty minutes, at least. She needed to get to Julian first. She chewed on her thumbnail, her thoughts racing faster than her heartbeat. The more she thought about it, the angrier she became. How could they prioritize John's value to the company over the safety and well-being of their employees? Especially Avery, who had already suffered so much from John.

She began to formulate a plan in her head, her determination hardening her resolve. She would confront Julian, demand answers, and make sure Avery was protected – no matter what it took.

Her hands trembled with barely contained fury as she dialed Julian's number for what felt like the hundredth time. Finally, Julian answered the phone calmly. "Good morning, Darlene" were the only words able to escape him before Darlene butted in the conversation. Darlene's voice was like ice on the other end of the line, cold and unyielding. "I am coming to see you about all this new security shit and not getting rid of John," she said curtly before hanging up.

With a huff, she grabbed her new security badge and stormed out of her office, her heels clicking against the linoleum in a rapid staccato. Each step fueled her anger – it was an injustice that she couldn't ignore, not when Avery's safety was on the line. The employees who saw her could feel the anger as they all stood back or stayed seated at their desks and watched her head for the elevator. The fluorescent lights overhead hummed quietly, the only sound in the otherwise empty hallway.

As she reached the elevator, Darlene swiped her badge and stabbed at the button. The doors opened with a soft ding. She stepped inside her reflection in the polished metal doors distorted by the dim light. As the elevator descended, Darlene's thoughts raced, each one more agitated than the last. What could Julian possibly say that would justify keeping John employed after what he'd done? And why hadn't Bryan fought harder for what was right?

When the elevator finally came to a stop on the second floor, Darlene took a steadying breath, trying in vain to calm herself. She stepped out into the hallway, relieved to find she had access to this level. If they had denied her entry, she would have raised hell. Her eyes scanned the space, searching for any sign of Julian's presence.

"Time to get answers," she muttered under her breath, determination settling over her like armor.

Darlene's pulse throbbed in her temples as she stormed out of the elevator and into Julian’s office, slamming the door behind her with a force that made the framed diplomas on his wall quiver. Her face was flushed, eyes blazing with righteous fury.

"Tell me, why are you keeping John? He attacked Avery!” She barely gave Julian time to look up from the papers on his desk, his expression a mixture of surprise and unease.

Julian's hand raised, and the gesture was sharp, a forceful push towards the door. As Darlene slammed it shut, the sound reverberated through the office like a booming thunder, causing the diplomas on the wall to shake and rattle. The sound of anger could be heard in every step Darlene took towards Julian's desk, her heels clicking against the polished floor.

"Darlene," he began cautiously, "I know that, but that isn’t the whole story the CEO got.” Darlene clenched her fists, her nails digging into her palms. “The CEO got that you attacked John first, from John himself, and sprayed him with mace.”

“That is bullshit!” Darlene screamed, her voice cracking with emotion. Julian sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose as if warding off an impending headache.

"I agree, but he spun it that you attacked him. I know he was screaming at the top of his lungs at Avery and throwing things at him, yes, but did he ever lay a hand on Avery?" Julian paused, studying Darlene's expression.

"No, but he was going to. He was inches away from Avery’s face! And he wouldn’t back away,” Darlene shot back, her heart pounding in her chest. Julian attempted to remain calm and poised, though she could see the strain in his eyes. "Would you rather I stand idly by and let him get hurt? Didn't you say I was to protect the poor boy when you brought him to me?"

“I understand, but according to John, you initiated physical contact with him first.” Julian's words stung like salt in a wound, and Darlene nearly choked on her own disbelief. “In interviewing your employees, no one saw any actual physical contact between Avery and John."

“He was verbally abusing him!” Darlene yelled, feeling her eyes well up with frustrated tears. “He pissed himself again out of fear! Don’t you have any concern for the poor boy? Besides, John wasn’t allowed on the 5th floor, and he broke the corporate restraint order."

"Which is why we are making sure that will never happen again with the new security system," Julian countered, his tone still infuriatingly calm. “You're lucky we're not writing you up for physical and violent contact. The CEO agreed just to give you a verbal warning.”

"A verbal warning? What the fuck! Did John get a verbal warning also? This is so unfair! You know John's character, and you know my character!" Darlene screamed as she couldn't believe how this was now about her behavior and not John's.

The room seemed to shrink around Darlene as she struggled to control her mounting fury. She couldn't believe they were turning this on her – all she had wanted was to protect Avery. He was the real victim in all this. A delicate man who needed to be protected from men like John.

"Look," Julian began, his voice wavering, "I understand your frustrations, but there's more to this than you know. There's a process we have to go through."

"Process?" Darlene scoffed, her gaze piercing through him like shards of glass. "What about Avery's safety? What about the toxic environment this company is nurturing? Are we just supposed to let that slide because John is 'valuable'?"

"Darlene, please," Julian pleaded, trying to keep his composure. "I understand how you feel, but we have to trust in the system. We're implementing tighter security measures to ensure everyone's safety."

"Right," she thought bitterly, "because a badge system will magically make John a better person."

"Julian, I know you're just doing your job, but this is unacceptable and total bullshit. Something has to change, or someone else is going to get hurt." Darlene said. She wasn’t sure if she meant that John was going to hurt Avery or that she was going to hurt John. Maybe both.

With that, Darlene spun on her heel and stormed out of the office, leaving Julian to contemplate the weight of her words as he heard the door slamming shut once again behind her like a gunshot.

Little did she know, Julian didn’t even get to tell her about the other change they were going to make: putting Christy with Avery upstairs in her department.

As she stalked back towards the elevator, her mind raced with thoughts of injustice and betrayal. What kind of world was this, where the victim was treated like the perpetrator? And how could she continue to work under such conditions? For a minute, she considered going right back to Julian and quitting. She stopped herself, though. She couldn’t do something like that, not just because she wanted to keep her job but because she needed to protect Avery. If no one else was going to, then she needed to be there.

She had known Avery needed protection from the moment she had seen him, but after sharing that intimate evening, it was no longer a case of needing to protect a weak man. Now she needed and wanted to keep him safe. He had become her responsibility. Perhaps it was stupid, perhaps it didn’t make sense, but her maternal instincts and passions flared whenever she thought of Avery.

With a heavy heart, Darlene decided that she would do anything necessary to ensure Avery's safety, even if it meant fighting against the very company she had dedicated her career to.

Avery walked into the office, his hair still a mess and wearing baggy brown pants and a light red docker shirt underneath; he wore the white onesie snapped under his crotch, holding one of his disposable diapers in place. He felt a little more confident that no one would discover his diaper with the new clothing helping to hide it. He couldn’t deny that he felt a little embarrassed, though. Onesies were supposed to help toddlers, not fully grown men.

The atmosphere on the fifth floor felt unusually tense and quiet. He could feel the weight of unspoken concerns hanging in the air like a heavy fog. As he set down his backpack at his desk, he glanced around, noticing Darlene's office door wide open – an odd sight, considering her habit of spending the first hour of the day secluded there.

"Hey, Avery," whispered one of his coworkers, Sarah, from her cubicle, giving him a sympathetic smile. "How are you holding up?"

"Uh, I'm okay, I guess," Avery replied with a weak smile, trying to sound more confident than he felt. He couldn't shake the feeling that the entire office was scrutinizing him after Friday's incident.

He headed to Darlene's office, hoping to find some comfort in their usual morning routine. The absence of her familiar presence left him feeling strangely adrift. He got a K-cup and started the Keurig to brew a cup of coffee. When he went to open the small fridge to get his creamer, he paused and frowned. It had his name on it. "Avery's creamer." He noticed the date on it showing it had been made that very weekend. He looked around to make sure no one else was around as he opened the top and took a sip. It was sweet, and just as he suspected, he recognized the taste. It was Darlene's breast milk. He blushed almost immediately. All this time, he has been using her creamer, he was using her breast milk. Part of him was very embarrassed, and the other part of him was happy. He had something that would remind him of the night. He poured a little more than normal into his coffee when the Keurig finished brewing. He returned to his desk, taking a sip of the coffee, his fingers nervously tapping against the ceramic mug. He had been a little tempted to forego the coffee altogether and simply take Darlene's milk on its own.

Booting up his computer, Avery found an email waiting for him regarding a new corporate policy change. His heart sank as he read the details; it clearly had to do with John and the confrontation between them. A knot formed in his stomach, guilt gnawing at him as he realized the entire fifth floor would be affected by this change – all because of him.

"Damn it, John," Avery muttered under his breath, clenching his fists tightly. Why did things have to escalate like this? And what would happen next?

He tried to refocus on his work, pulling up the calculations he needed to review, but his thoughts kept drifting back to the incident and its repercussions. He knew he couldn't let John's actions control his life or his work, but fear still clawed at the edges of his mind.

"Focus, Avery," he told himself, attempting to shake off his anxiety and concentrate on the numbers in front of him. "You can't let this affect you."

A sudden gust of wind blew through the office as Darlene stormed past Avery, her eyes blazing with fury. She appeared to be so tunnel-visioned that she hadn’t seen that Avery was at his desk. The door to her office slammed shut with a resounding thud, causing a few employees to jump in their seats. Muffled shouts and angry words could be heard from behind the closed door.

Avery sat at his desk, gripping his pen tightly and trying to make sense of Darlene's outburst. She rarely lost her composure like this; it was unnerving to witness. He stared at the calculations on his screen, but the numbers blurred together as he tried to understand what had upset her so much.

Was it his fault? Was she mad at him, or "Did someone say something to her?" Avery wondered aloud, glancing around the office. A couple of his coworkers shook their heads, looking just as bewildered as he felt. "It has to be something to do with me and John and the new security measures," he mused, although he couldn't think of any specific reason that would cause such a reaction besides the new readers.

"Hey," one of his coworkers whispered, leaning over the cubicle wall. "You don't think she found out about John, do you?"

"Found out... what?" Avery asked, his heart skipping a beat.

"Never mind," the coworker muttered, retreating back to their own desk.

Avery bit his lip as he tried to refocus on the task at hand - the cell wall calculations. He knew he couldn't afford to let his thoughts drift to John or Darlene right now. With a deep breath, he attempted to focus on the numbers and equations before him, willing himself to concentrate.

"Come on, Avery. You've got this," he whispered, forcing himself to push the other distractions aside.

Despite his best efforts, however, the tension in the room seemed to weigh heavily on him, and he found himself constantly glancing over at Darlene's door, waiting for any sign of her emerging. He couldn't help but worry about what was going on behind that door and how it might affect their working relationship - and their friendship.

"Darlene, whatever it is, I hope you're okay," Avery thought, his concern for her overshadowing the fear that had gripped him since John's attack.

The clock seemed to tick louder than usual as Avery sat at his desk, the tension in the air palpable. He felt a bead of sweat trickle down his neck and resisted the urge to fidget again. The soft hum of computers filled the room, punctuated by occasional hushed whispers among his coworkers. It was very hard to concentrate with everything going on. Every voice and sound he heard was enough to distract him.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Darlene's office door swung open with a soft creak. Her eyes were red-rimmed, but her expression was resolute as she surveyed the room before settling on Avery. "Can I see you for a minute?" she asked bluntly, her voice strained.

"Of course," Avery replied, his heart racing as he followed her back into her office, the door clicking shut behind them.

"Listen, I just had a long conversation with Julian and Bryan about this whole situation," she began, her hands wringing together nervously. She proceeded to tell Avery about everything she'd learned - the new security measures, the CEO's insistence on keeping John employed, and even the accusations against herself that she'd chosen to leave out.

Avery's shock was evident on his face, his brows furrowed in confusion and concern. "Darlene, I can't believe they're putting you through all of this. It wasn't your fault," he insisted, his voice shaking slightly. "It's my fault John and I don't get along."

As Darlene calmed down, she sank into her desk chair with a heavy sigh. "I'm sorry, Avery. I'm so sorry John is still here. If there were anything I could have done, he would be gone," she said, her voice cracking under the weight of her emotions. Tears welled in her eyes, though she fought to hold them back.

"Darlene," Avery said softly, reaching out to place a comforting hand on her shoulder. "You've done more than enough for me. You've stood by my side and fought for me when no one else would. I'm grateful, more than you know."

He paused, his own emotions threatening to spill over as he looked into her tear-filled eyes. "We'll get through this together. I am sorry I caused so much trouble for you," he promised, squeezing her shoulder gently.

Darlene's hand reached up to Avery's hand as she looked up at him. "Avery, this isn't your fault at all, don't blame yourself. This goes far beyond you. I feel so bad for you.” She held back her tears, and the two shared a moment of understanding that spoke louder than words ever could.

Avery forced a small, reassuring smile onto his face, trying to calm Darlene down. "Thank you, but I still can't help but feel guilty," he said, not knowing the words to say to help the situation. "The new security badges will keep John away." But deep inside, a cold knot of fear persisted; John was unpredictable and dangerous, and Avery couldn't shake that off.

"Thanks for everything, Darlene," he added again, hoping to alleviate some of her guilt. It didn't seem to help much, but at least she offered a wan smile in return.

As Avery turned to leave, Darlene's voice stopped him. "Wait, Avery," she said, her tone shifting abruptly. "I think I need to check your diaper to make sure it's on correctly."

He blushed furiously at the unexpected mention of his diaper, stammering, "I-I think I got it on right..."

Darlene shook her head firmly. "No, we can't trust that." With practiced efficiency, she retrieved the supplies from the other night - baby wipes and lotion - and placed them on her desk. "I'm not in the mood to argue about this, Avery. Please lie down." Darlene said as she laid down a large beach towel she brought from home.

Feeling his cheeks heat up further, Avery reluctantly complied, lying down on the towel she had spread out on the floor. The cool office air made him shiver as she gently removed his pants, revealing the diaper beneath. His heart raced, both from embarrassment and vulnerability, but he knew that Darlene only wanted to help him.

Darlene's delicate fingers carefully inspected the diaper, her eyes focused and determined. Avery tried to distract himself by staring at the ceiling, but he couldn't escape the reality of the situation. The crinkling sound of the diaper material filled the room as Darlene expertly adjusted the fit, her movements precise and efficient. Despite the awkwardness of the situation, it was clear that Darlene was doing her best to be gentle and considerate.

"It looks like you didn't put it on correctly, but don't worry, I'll fix it and apply some lotion to prevent any rash," she said in a soft, soothing voice, like a mother caring for her child. With deft fingers, she undid the diaper tapes and gently lifted it off of Avery's skin. He felt exposed and vulnerable lying there on the floor, but he trusted Darlene to take care of him. She applied cool lotion to his skin with gentle, circular motions, bringing both relief and humiliation.

After a few minutes, Darlene announced that she was finished. Her voice carried a hint of relief as she snapped the onesie in place, slid his pants back on, and helped Avery sit up. They shared a brief moment of eye contact - a silent acknowledgment of the trust they had just shared. Darlene gathered her supplies and put them away with practiced efficiency. "I think you're good to go back to work now," she said with a smile, her voice filled with reassurance. And for a moment, Avery allowed himself to forget about John and everything else that weighed on his mind.

"Thank you," Avery murmured, his gratitude genuine despite the lingering embarrassment. In this strange, difficult situation, he knew he could rely on Darlene to stand by him - and in turn, he would do everything in his power to support her as well. He just had nothing to really offer her in terms of support.

As Avery made his way through the bustling office, he couldn't help but think about the creamer he had used in his coffee that morning. The rich, sweet, creamy flavor still lingered in his taste buds. He decided to save his question about it for later and focused on making his way to his cubicle. The door to the office creaked open. He walked out to his own small office space and settled down at his desk. He had his notes in hand as he began to try to get back focused on solving the cell wall problem.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Glad to see an update to this tale! FYI if you paste from a Rich Text file, or paste without formatting you can keep it from being all bolded for font. (I write in word, paste the chapter to docs, download as rtf, and then paste that generally to avoid it. (It's a pain, but works!))

22 minutes ago, BabySofia said:

(I write in word, paste the chapter to docs, download as rtf, and then paste that generally to avoid it. (It's a pain, but works!))

Good chapter! Clearly the only safe thing to do is move in with mommy err I mean Darlene. They can ride to work together. Car seat optional!

(When I post I just cut and paste straight out of word. Doesn't seem to cause me any issues)

• Like 1

I can't believe that Darlene got a verbal reprimand for what happened to Avery. 

The breast milk in his coffee must have made is heart beat faster mine would. 

Great chapter and good writing as always. 🙂

• Like 1
6 hours ago, BabySofia said:

Glad to see an update to this tale! FYI if you paste from a Rich Text file, or paste without formatting you can keep it from being all bolded for font. (I write in word, paste the chapter to docs, download as rtf, and then paste that generally to avoid it. (It's a pain, but works!))

Thanks for the tip.  I will try to do this next time.  I use good docs, but it seems the problem is the same.

6 hours ago, BabySofia said:

aww.. and here I thought they were being considerate of people like me with bad eyesight. I was like COOL I can read this without wearing my glasses.. 

13 hours ago, Eagle0769 said:

I can't believe that Darlene got a verbal reprimand for what happened to Avery. 

The breast milk in his coffee must have made is heart beat faster mine would. 

Great chapter and good writing as always. 🙂

She was reprimanded to provide cover to the Senior Executive who is protecting John. This provides deterrence for Darlene pursuing any further claim. Unfortunately this is a classic corporate move that I have seen repeatedly over my career although probably not  as dramatically as this story. Usually provides cover for a sexual advance or inappropriate remarks.

• FingerToes changed the title to Broken: Chapter 27 - Outburst