LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Any Littles With an Accent?

Rue Rue

Anyone with an accent over here? Anyone say "dem", instead of "them"? "Aluminium" instead of "non-magnetic" (J/K) "aluminum"? 👋🖐😄🤘 

I'll go first.

I say "dat's" all of the time, ahahah! EG.: Dats it! 

I'm from Long Island N.Y., and first generation American, Jamaican.

I want this to be fun, XD. Tell me about the "saucers" that are "sorcerers" but sound similar. 

Dat's = That's

Tree = Three 😆

• Like 1

I’m from Nottingham in the UK and I’d describe my accent as a generic Northern-English accent.

It’s certainly got more of a Northern twang than a Southern

For example

I say words like L.A.U.G.H. like “Laaa-fff” I don’t say it like “larrrr-fff”

But I don’t have a Nottingham accent despite living here since I was one.

People with a full Nottingham accent would say words like H.O.U.S.E. as “Haa-sss” where as I say it “How-Ss”

And I say U.P. like “Erp” I don’t say “Orp”

Bit hard to describe how I talk with text LOL

• Like 3

I have the typical Western Canadian accent. It's not so much how we say things as what we say. Like runners for tennis shoes. Contrary to popular belief most of us don't say oot and aboot for out and about. I also don't say eh often. 

• Like 2

Being Australian, I don't HAVE an accent: everybody ELSE does.

It's "Aluminium" (pronounced ell - you - mini - um"): ask ANYBODY outside of North America 😆

Because of WHERE in Australia I grew up, "can't" rhymes with "aunt" and people who live in glass houses shouldn't piff yonnies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I say roof like it rhymes with tooth. What you pointed out reminds me of what I heard in rural Ontario. Some of our Ontario friends might be able to comment. My accent is slightly different from what is heard in Central Canada which different than what is heard in Atlantic Canada. Then there is the Newfoundland accent which sounds like Irish to the uninitiated. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Apache Raccoon said:

I’m from Nottingham in the UK and I’d describe my accent as a generic Northern-English accent.

For example

People with a full Nottingham accent would say words like H.O.U.S.E. as “Haa-sss” where as I say it “How-Ss”

Hi Ashy! Big hugs!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Widdle Webslinger said:

Hi Ashy! Big hugs!

"Wittle web swibba wipwip, wip!" 🤭 Did I say that aloud? 😳

4 hours ago, Dubious said:

Some say I do, but its clearly everyone else that speaks different. 

Dat is what I try an tell dem! Wa fi mi try an tell dem next? 😛

Not sure if it's an accent.  Some are regional speaking traits, like a Boston accent or southern accents.  One thing that really gets me are words with a "T" in them where people won't pronounce the "T".  Kittens is pronounced ki-enns, mittens is mi-enns, etc.  Also Liberty is not Liberdy, as in the Liberty Insurance commercials.

• Like 1

I had an interesting experience at the grocery store one time. I started a conversation with the girl at the register. Somewhere in the middle of our conversation she observed that I wasn't from here. 

Intrigued, I asked where she thought I might be from. "Montana, perhaps?" 

"Close enough," I said. "Oregon, actually." And I started to laugh. 

I asked her "How could you tell?" 

"Certain vowel sounds. I'm a theater major and I just took a class in dialects."

I left the store congratulating myself on having not lost my accent living in the Midwest for nearly half a century.

17 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

I have a Boston accent being born and raised just outside the city but living in the Midwest for about 16 years my accent isn't as pronounced.

Hugs,

Freta

Same, Boston accent watered down by a couple decades in the south.

On 9/30/2023 at 11:52 PM, Apache Raccoon said:

For example

ay up me duck. I should have a common Mansfield accent but went to speech and language therapy as a child so according to Mansfield people I sound posh now. I think the East Midlands/Nottinghamshire accent is very natural anyway. When I was in Sri Lanka according to a group of Birmingham people I drank with I sounded posh.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...