LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone Else Find It Patronizing That Dd Asks For $?

I got an email from DD tonight asking for money to verify my age. How me paying money to prove my age works, I have no clue. Personally, I have over a hundred members of the ABDL community in and around Boston (and man the world over) that will attest to who I am, my age, and that I'm a beneficial member to the ABDL community.

I think it's a real kick in the teeth when someone as myself, who has paid out countless hours of time, not to mention money, to provide the Boston community with events and gatherings, gets solicited via email for money to become "one" with ABDLs online.

I sent this in response:

I'm not going to pay any money to be "verified" in the abdl community... Especially considering that DailyDiapers is known to steal content from other ABDLs.

The fact that I spend literally thousands of dollars hosting AB gatherings, trips, cookouts, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years parties, etc., and then am asked to "verify" my status is very patronizing, and the primary reason that for the past several years I've chosen ABY as my primary means of communication.

If you wish to solicit money from the ABDL community because you don't have the knowledge to run a free site for profit, don't look to me. I'm not willing to pay for whomever runs DailyDiapers' inadequacies. How the hell does paying a dollar via credit card guarantee someone's age anyways? Aside from collecting info from them, which you probably sell for profit, too.

In other words, the people behind DailyDiapers can go screw themselves. Anyone that is into this fetish should be a COMMUNITY PLAYER, and not be out looking for a buck off their peers.

Go to hell... Money grubbing whores.

-Jason

Am I wrong? Isn't there enough advertiser revenue to combat such sad attempts for grabbing $ from our community? Will this be deleted immediately?

I'm sickened that people in this genre are looking to make a buck off us. You?

We don't sell user information to anyone at any time. Period. We don't steal content from other ABDL's, the few instances where we have been asked to remove content has been content submitted by users which is impossible to track where it originated. We welcome everyone to use the site, download our content and post to the board, the verification is ONLY for the chatroom where the live nature of the conversation makes it difficult to moderate without 24/7 staff, which is not possible at this time. As for the dollar... well, we're giving free way to do it, and no one HAS to use the chat room.

It's not about money. I assure you, the sixty-something cents we get after fees isn't going to make or break us, and if we were after money we'd lock-up the whole site for membership fees.

Honeslty, I think you're taking a simple policy too personally. We didn't single you out as not being recognized in the community - nor anyone specifically - which is why we do the automatic upgrades to people who are well known, or have demonstrated stability in this community.

I just think the money thing shouldn't come into play... We're all here to form a community, and financial gain shouldn't be part of it. There is no doubt DD is "for profit", but there are better ways to go about making a few bucks than sending soliciting emails to your members.

It's sad. Especially when people themselves are breaking away from the keyboard to plan and produce IRL ABDL events, whilst not looking for any more profit than the camaraderie of friends.

Advertisements? Sure, why not? Every website does that, and they make a killing. I see this as the "grab for the last buck".

Yep, we are "For Profit" that much I agree with. But there is a simple reason for that: Maintaining a site of this size takes more time than i can afford to give, and costs thousands of dollars a year. The fact that we have ads on our site is the reason we don't have to shut down in the middle of the month due to bandwidth overages. We maintain a high-end server with massive bandwidth to be sure this site is available to the community all the time. We pay $34 a month for the chat software because it is the most reliable we can find. We pay Invision to upgrade and support this board to be sure it's up as much as possible. Ads don't always cover all the bills, and then it comes out of my own pocket and the pocket of some of our members who have kindly supported us.

Think about how many great sites have come and gone over the years, and almost all of those closures have been due to lack of finacial support when they outgrew free service providers. I try to provide as much as possible for free; including the board and chat, but unrestricted chat access has become a problem that myself and the other admins decided had to be dealt wih.

The dollar - again - is for those not willing to wait and establish themselves with the board. It's main purpose is to weed out the people who create multiple ID's on here to harass people. You can only have a limited number of email addresses with paypal and they all tie back to the main account, so it prevents people from creating accounts over and over and getting instant access to the chat room.

I have great respect for those of you who plan, host and attend live events; it's something I hope to be able to do someday; but can't right now.

As for the "Soliciting" I regret sending the announcement. It wasn't meant as a solicitation, but to stem the tide of emails and PM's I was getting from people asking why they didn't have access. I see now that those of you who don't normally access the chat room could have misunderstood it as either a solicitation or a requirement to continue to use the site.

To be Honest I think was DD did is a good thing. FOr gosh sake its a dollar and it really weeds out all the unwanted people in that chat room there are way to many HNGs with mult screen names which is a pain in the butt i think. I know he cant be here all the time which is fine. The easy way by paying also weeds out all the people under 18 that ive seen in the chat room. Most kids dont have a credit card to pay for it. SO that weeds out all the 14 -17 year olds who have entered. So DD keep up the good work you have most everyones support who i have talked to.

I think your blowing it out of proportion. they ask a dollar, for age verification. Whoop de doo. If your over 18 i should hope to god you can afford a dollar. And as for sending your credit information to them. Read the full e-mail! there are 2 other ways listed on which to obtain age verification! How you took it as a solicitation is beyond me. If you do not want them to have your credit card information name and DOB is enough. Lord knows its easy to find anywhere you go so if you have an issue about handing it out your just being paranoid. Or maybe your right and every bouncer at a bar is secretly memorizing it to conduct a background check on you.

Hi again, Jay!

As for the DD thing. DD is the best site I've found on the net for community. I haven't checked my email but you say he "asked for money" I don't see the harm in asking.

I haven't gotten any emails about it, but I don't see that DailyDi is trying to make a business here. (Doesn't he run another photo site anyways??) Asking for money to be verified doesn't come across to me as a pay service for the site. You could simply choose not to.

Basically all I'm saying is that it sucks you were offended. I don't think that was ever an intention from DailyDi.

Anyways. How is it possible that a Boston ABDL community has so strongly developed and I never knew about it? I've done my share of searching over the years. Every once and awhile I would see if anybody was around the area. I actually felt like nobody was around here. I feel so left out.

Hopefully we can hang out sometime. :-)

cya later.

I just noticed that I've been a dailydiapers member for a long time. I idled for awhile even before joining. I didn't notice it was half a year after you even startedwith the forums at least .

Strange how I think I've posted more on these boards over the last few months than I ever have.

DD I would like to say thank you for the work you do and the hours you spend on the site.

I am sorry I do not donate. I do feel guilty.

No one knows about my diaper side and if I did try to donate my wife would ask questions.

All I can say is I hope this site can keep going.

Babybub

i agree with ya 100% jason,,, I wont pay a dollor to use a (FREE) chatroom which clearly states when you first come to the very first page its right there in RED letters the word FREE,,An whose to say the minors or the HNGs aint gonna pay that dollor ya aint gaining nothing or losing nothing same problem Admin... says its ta keep out hngs ,,, that defeats the purpose of the iggy button or the block ims

or banning them....Dont it?there usda be a time when ya could come in an have fun .....people come in an fuc** da game up***ill walk away from it all b4 it goes any further,,,i love you all to see the verdict ^_^ What ever happend to keeping it REal ?

*stands up**an admin how do you guys or gals know what goes on in the room ive never seen any of ya in there if ya do come in its like 30 secends* the only way you know somfin goes down is somone sends ya a messege***kinda of a chicken Shi%ly huh? if i was a admin i would be in there at least half the time so i new excatly what goes on^_^Free chat room though (but all major credit cards accepted)

which ackshully would cost ya more with the intrest rates ^_^another thing why cant we swear at least sumtimes i mean it is an Audult room but we gotta censur it*** maybe next year well be able to say Azz ,,,

**sometimes i think the chatroom with all the beffs is

ITS ALL BOUT THE HE SIAD SHE SIAD BULLSHI%

To all the diapered divas i luv ya lotz xoxoxox an pretty much everyone i luve ya all lotz

But i think this Hearo is dead ,, :( EVery hearo must die right .. xoxoxox

You all ask Why becouse ......becouse hearos rise an falls

If your throwin the hands up an like me ill fight beside ya anyday in the trenches**well ya if ya dont well then thats your opininoiun love me or hate ,,,but i do know this i do love everyone that has chatted hear except hngs etc....

TO ALL MY FREINDS XX

***AS MOTLEY CRUE WOULD SAY

When i first started chattin all we needed was a laff**YEARS GONE BYE ID SAY WEVE KICKED SOME ASS,,AN ID SAY WEAR STILL KICKIN ASS,,,, ^_^

WELL YALL HAVE A GOOD TIMES (REMEMBER ALWAYZ KEEP IT REAL)

these wear my opiniouns an my thoughts

****walks out the door *** siging ***** thanks for the memmories

peace

First off I must give my apologies that I am unable to post my thoughts as clearly, legible and well thought out as spiderman did above me. I just wanted to send a quick thank you to DailyDi for all the work, effort and money that goes into the site. I don't use the chat feature, but I do frequent the site. I paid the $1 for the verification in hopes that most of it went to the site, not to paypal - a rather meager token of my support. If DailyDi aligned itself with some Canadian vendors, I would use their link as well to support them even further.

I don't see the $1 as a money-grab. I see it more as a firewall, keeping out those which you don't want.

Once again, thanks, DailyDi! Keep up the good work!

First off I must give my apologies that I am unable to post my thoughts as clearly, legible and well thought out as spiderman did above me. I just wanted to send a quick thank you to DailyDi for all the work, effort and money that goes into the site. I don't use the chat feature, but I do frequent the site. I paid the $1 for the verification in hopes that most of it went to the site, not to paypal - a rather meager token of my support. If DailyDi aligned itself with some Canadian vendors, I would use their link as well to support them even further.

I don't see the $1 as a money-grab. I see it more as a firewall, keeping out those which you don't want.

Once again, thanks, DailyDi! Keep up the good work!

Here here BabyDavey, well said!

And to spiderman - going by what I was able to understand from your lengthy 'Resignation Speech' above, I'm amazed you are still here and posting on the boards 3+ hours later? You seem to hold DD in such contempt, I'm wondering why you're still here!?

D :huh: lly

This is an excellent site, I don't know of any other adult baby or diaper lover community site as good as this one. It has a great deal of members, a very large forum, a good chat room and links for a new fetishist to easily be able to find what what ever they may be looking for. It is completely free for anyone to use this site and create friendships or even to just allow us to feel like a community. As for the advertisements and things like that, who cares? No one makes you call phone sex lines, buy diapers or anything like that, but I bet a lot of people do. The amount of time and effort it takes to maintain this site must be great and I for one applaud those involved for making us a place to feel comfortable discussing a taboo subject openly.

Brudda Voodu

I wish to thank DD for all the work he has done and will do for this site! If you are flipping out about one damn dollar then maybe you don't belong in the chatroom. I myself don't use it that much but if I did I would be happy to give a dollar. It takes alot of money to run a website this big so and if you use something here, such as the chatroom, you should pay for the upkeep. Personally, I don't see what your bitching about! If you use the chatroom then pay the dollar if you don't use it don't pay it, simple as that! Your probably under age anyway! :P

Spiderman, its amazing with grammar and spelling like that we believe your over 18 at all. Mature adults don't rant or spell that poorly.

Alright, done with that.

==

DailyDiapers is the nets premiere FREE community for Adult Babies, Diaper Lovers, Big Kids, Mommies and

Daddies featuring thousands of photos of diapered women and men, as well as stories diaper

reviews, advice columns, personal ads, message boards and more!

It says free community. A message board IS a community. No where does it say free community AND chat room.

DailyDi, I see nothing wrong with asking for a dollar for verification purposes. After all if you smoke you throw away at least 3 dollars every pack, if you drink you throw away the at least a dollar. If it keeps the under 18 crowd out of here, all the better.

At least my diatribes contain legitimate and complex thoughts. :rolleyes: Looks like I'm not so bad after all! (and a better lyricist, I might add!)

I vote this topic closed --It's funny the admins show up just for this particular conversation. Otherwise, they're rarely seen! Maybe their presence would keep the keyboard trolls at bay!

Guest diamondback688

i dont see what your bitching about. like someone else said, walk the streets and look on the ground and you can probably recover your loss and probably a bit more. i, for one, think this site is the best ab/dl site ever. ive been to 100s of others and none are as good as this. and to top it off, its FREE!!! i dont know of any other ab/dl sites out there that offer this much content for free. i also would like to thank DD for all the time and money he has spent on this site.

At least my diatribes contain legitimate and complex thoughts. :rolleyes: Looks like I'm not so bad after all! (and a better lyricist, I might add!)

I vote this topic closed --It's funny the admins show up just for this particular conversation. Otherwise, they're rarely seen! Maybe their presence would keep the keyboard trolls at bay!

I am going to try and devote more time to the board. In all honesty my "real life" has been very complicated lately and has limited the amount of time I have to spend online, so what little time I havehad has gone into updates and site maintenance. Things are starting to settle some, so should have more time soon.

What I say about the dollar is, if u dont have a dollar, then you shouldn't be on this site chatting anyways you should be out workin.. but.. that being said...

I also feel bad for ppl like emma who don't have a credit card, or pay pal, or a scanner to send in their id! she is so sad and upset about not bein able to get on and I'm just beside myself. She's really shy and doesnt know what to say to make 20 posts on the boards..I dont know what to tell her (and Mommy is always supposed to know what to tell her babies). So as far as that goes, I feel bad about it! but .. seriously! If a DOLLAR breaks ya up, you really should be out workin and not chattin!

And one more question! How will payin a dollar or verifying someones age weed out the "HNG's"? I dont get that aspect of this! Is it known that HNG's cant get credit cards? I dont get that! Just wonderin!

Huggles and kissies and lots of love,

CURIOUS