LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Has this ever happened to anyone before?

I recently ordered ABDL Diapers from My Inner Baby and I asked them if they required a signature and they replied no, they do not. Then after I could track the package (by UPS) it said "Your packages requires a signature." and something like if I wanted to sign it now. So does it need a signature or?

I don't mind signing but I don't really want anyone else to know about my diaper thing at the moment. I'm just afraid the UPS person would say something or know the contents.

A lot of times it will say it requires a signature, for UPS, I have maybe signed 1 thing in the past 2 years and many others saying it needed a signature delivered which were just left at my door.

If its a super expensive product then maybe the sender will force a signature to be acquired.

Packages delivered by third party delivery agents such as UPS / Nightline etc. always require a signature. This is so the delivery agent can prove to their contractee (the company your ordered from) that the customer recieved said package by a set time. If they couldn't, the delivery agent usually is under obligation of 10 to 50 times the value of the package to the vendor that they would have to pay said vendor if the package somehow got lost and not delivered by said time.

The delivery person asks for a signature (that the company has no copy on file to compare it to), as a result, any scrawl on their tablet will do. It is captured electronically not for the signature, but for the time/date of delivery as a form of proof that the delivery did occur within the required timescales.

Although you are worried that someone might find out that you ordered diapers etc, they don't know that it is not for someone who is not you, or even if it is you, they don't know that you are not disabled. A proportion of the elderly (be it a perent / grandparent etc) are diaper dependent who's children / grandchildren order diapers etc on their behalf.

As a result, due to the uncertainity of possibly offending the incorrect person, they normally do not care.

1 hour ago, APaddedPilot said:

I recently ordered ABDL Diapers from My Inner Baby and I asked them if they required a signature and they replied no, they do not. Then after I could track the package (by UPS) it said "Your packages requires a signature." and something like if I wanted to sign it now. So does it need a signature or?

I don't mind signing but I don't really want anyone else to know about my diaper thing at the moment. I'm just afraid the UPS person would say something or know the contents.

Some how i dont think UPS will know whats in the box as they are discretly packaged. It never bothered me when ive recieved my diapers.

I rpefer USPS, since I need not meet them at the door so my whole day is my own and they've gotten as good as UPS

I recently received an ammo shipment that was simply left on my doorstep.  No signature (even though I was home at the time) - and that's something that should be signed for! 

Unless the box is not plain (any time I order Abriforms, they come in their standard box which clearly states what it is inside), the driver isn't going to know what's inside  - unless he/she knows the addresses and/or company abbreviations like "TBHG" or "STROM HOLDINGS" or "CTDC", etc. already.  In which case, they're likely one of us anyway.  Now .... the drivers that pick up from those locations likely know exactly what's in the boxes.  But it's not like they're looking at every shipping label to see where they're going.  They don't have that kind of time. 

In my area 35+ years ago they did have to ring the bell and have a signature.  Now UPS just drops it on the porch and leaves, no matter what is in the package.  In fact, a year and a half ago they just dropped the heavy expensive media sound speaker system I ordered as a Christmas gift in the driveway where it got wet and snowed upon.  I just happened to go out to my car for something and found it before it got ruined.  Years ago I worked for a place where people could order expensive electronic equipment and our company required UPS to get a signature.  We had several complaints about the items not being received and UPS had dropped them off without getting the required signature.  They ended up having to pay for the missing packages since they didn't have the contracted customer signature to prove it had been delivered.  Now days, especially at holiday times, I think delivery companies require their drivers to deliver a daily quota of packages as quickly as they can, therefore no waiting for signatures, just drop them off anywhere they can and dash back to their truck.  I think only in a situation like USPS's Certified Mail when the sender requires a signature as proof the item or letter has been received is the only way UPS or Fed-Ex will ask for a signature when delivering.

23 hours ago, APaddedPilot said:

That driver doesn't care what's in the box.

It should not mattter, the external package should be very generic

I don't even know why I started panicking because it turns out if you sign the online thing I guess they don't require you to sign it. I guess I was afraid of them thinking something that wouldn't even be remotely possible. I guess its because I have mostly done USPS instead where they don't require unless its a alcoholic beverage, guns / ammo, etc..

Thank you all for responding anyways, in a way it calmed me. I know next time there's no need to panic at all. 😅

We have a great neighborhood facebook group, and every couple of days someone will post something like "Hey, $Person, I received a package with your name" or "Hey, has anyone received a package with my name on it? $Delivery company says it's delivered but the photo is not my porch" - we're in a fairly rural area with some houses down long driveways or on dead-end roads, just the type of situation that must be frustrating for drivers.
Our old UPS driver lived in the area and we all knew him, but he retired....

On 7/18/2023 at 7:40 PM, APaddedPilot said:

You're over thinking things.