LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Holiday shopping

I’ve been wearing pull ups nearly 24/7 for the last few months. Tomorrow I’m going to do some holiday shopping and I’m thinking about wearing an actual diaper for shopping. It would be nice to do my shopping without having to stop at all for the bathroom. But I feel so so nervous about wearing a diaper. Im sure no one will notice but it’s kind of nerve wracking for me. Any tips to get over it? I plan on going to a shopping center about an hour from where I live to avoid running in to people I know. 

When I go out of town Christmas shopping it's pretty much an all day thing.  I used to wear a store type diaper with a booster pad and plastic pants, sometimes two store type diapers at once with plastic pants so when I needed to change, I would just slip the outer diaper down, remove the soaked inner diaper and pull the remaining diaper and plastic pants back up.  That way I didn't have to figure out a way to bring a fresh diaper into a store restroom to change.  I did used to just stuff a clean diaper up the sleeve of my thick winter coat and under my armpit when I had to go into a store restroom for a diaper change and I always picked a store that had a privet one at a time restroom with an outer door lock.

Now days I use a Betterdry or other premium diaper.  It lasts me all day, and a week or so ago when I went Christmas shopping I put a booster in it to help.  I left the house at 9am and got home about 6pm soaked but not leaking.  I don't wear for need, just personal enjoyment and my once a year out of town Christmas shopping allows me to enjoy a full day in a premium diaper wetting constantly and never needing a restroom. 

Where I live in Michigan it gets cold this time of year whether there is snow or not.  A winter coat that covers half of your butt or more is great for hiding a bulky diaper, and denim jean fabric is pretty thick so as not to show diaper lines.  No one can see any diaper showing out the back of your pants, either with a coat on if you have to bend down in a store and your shirt rides up.  Yeah, I can be pretty bulky by the end of the day in a swollen diaper, but people never notice.  They are wrapped up in their own world.  The last thing anyone is going to think is that an adult is wearing a thick diaper.  My thoughts are I never ever want anyone I know to find out I like to wear diapers now and then but if a stranger out of town might happen to notice, I'm not bothered by it.  To date I don't think anyone has noticed and if they did, they for sure won't come up to me and say anything about it.

• Like 2

I was planning to wear a dress with tights and a long sweater. I suppose I’ll have to just try it on in the morning before leaving to make sure it will work. Of my diapers that aren’t the printed abdl ones, I have megamax, tena slip maxi, or InControl elite to choose from. My partner is coming with me to the store so it will be nice to have some company with me! 

4 hours ago, NightWitch said:

I’ve been wearing pull ups nearly 24/7 for the last few months. Tomorrow I’m going to do some holiday shopping and I’m thinking about wearing an actual diaper for shopping. It would be nice to do my shopping without having to stop at all for the bathroom. But I feel so so nervous about wearing a diaper. Im sure no one will notice but it’s kind of nerve wracking for me. Any tips to get over it? I plan on going to a shopping center about an hour from where I live to avoid running in to people I know. 

@NightWitch

the best thing I can say to you is this: when you wear a diaper, basically all you're doing is wearing a special kind of underwear. Whether it crinkles or not, whether it is plastic backed or not, whether it is something that you feel comfortable in or not, if you are comfortable wearing whatever you're wearing underneath your clothing, then I don't think anybody will care too much about it, because what you are dealing with is you are dealing with your business in your life, going about your business what you need to deal with. Most people don't really care whatever you wear underneath your clothing, because really it's none of anyone else's business other than you and your significant other

I have to admit however that when I First did it myself, I was a little nervous. mind you I was using prevail air diapers and those things were ridiculous. they had no ability to hold anything, and once you end up filling yourself up with liquids, you are darn lucky if you are able to fill up your diaper about an 8th of the way before it would overflow. what I can say to you is you should wear the best diapers that you possibly can when you do that, and I recommend plastic back. I don't mean these things that say they're plastic back but they have cloth covering. I mean real plastic backed diapers diapers such as Mega Max by i'm North Shore Or northshore Supremes.  I'll always say this: use the that makes Sense and works for you. many people ask me all the time, and I always tell them that the best diaper that you can choose is the one that works the best for you. in my case, because I am totally incontinent both ways and severely incontinent, the Mega Max is the best diaper in my particular situation, in the state of Vermont pays for mine every month.

What I would say about people finding out is just relax and let. if you have to use your diaper, such as to pee, just relax and let it flow. what you need to learn is when you are using a diaper, that you don't want to load up with something that is full of caffeine that would cause you to have to use the bathroom, and then just explode into the diaper all to once. doing that will overflow the diaper and it will cause you to leak all over everywhere. The best thing is to just go slow, and use your muscles to control your flow. If you are letting out short bursts, you are less likely to overwhelm the diapers capacity, and that way if you like what diapers, you can enjoy having a damp diaper for awhile rather than to have it fully overflowing leaking and then you see half moons on your pants on are on your seat or whatever you're sitting.

So again:  wear A quality diaper under your tights such as a megamax, and then put on your diaper Diaper cover if necessary. if you are if you are addressed properly, when the feeling hits you, just let it happen, and do it nice and slow! think of you releasing all of the stress that you have dealt with for the last week or so, and let it just flow out of you. if you think if you think of it as releasing all the bad things that your body doesn't need, stress being one of them, you should be able to determine how you want to make this happen! trust me, enjoy wearing your diaper, enjoy using your diaper, and don't worry! if you have a good diaper on, you should have minimal to 0 problems. many of us wear diapers all the time, some of us wear part time, but a person like me wears 24/7, and there's plenty of us that are also in this category, so we are telling you just take it easy and relax!

that's all there is to it: simple as that!

Brian

If you're in a dress nobody will have the slightest idea you're in a nappy.  Just go out there and enjoy the experience!  And the Megamax is the bombproof option, so I'd go for that one.  Have a good time!

• Like 2

I wear pull ups more every where, but  I find that I adjust my diaper a lot at home.  So, I would be concerned about doing that outside the house.  So, I need to overcome that issue, maybe such as wearing oversized underwear or something else to help support it and keep it in place. I guess make sure you are comfortable at home and don't have to adjust in public, which people may look weird at you (unless you don't care and can it adjust it discreetly like just pulling up your pants and your diaper waistband in one fell swooop).

I pretty much always wear diapers when I'm out in public and shopping... I always wear plastic pants over my disposable diapers for extra protection - I've had diaper tapes pop loose, diapers split in the back, leaks, etc... So the plastic pants keep everything in place. Over that, I wear a pair of pants that are 2 sizes bigger than my regular size. Of course, I have to have my belt hitched up snuggly, but the larger size pants hide my "Diaper Bulge" pretty good. Then I wear a long shirt, un-tucked, that hangs down below my waist. With this combo, my diapered status isn't noticeable at all.

1 tip for lasting all day in the same diaper... I often use booster pads in my diapers. Most of these pads are quite thin when dry, but swell up a lot when wet. Sometimes I'll start the day with a booster pad in my diaper, and take a spare booster pad with me. They will usually fit in a coat pocket or a cargo pants pocket. Then when my diaper is pretty wet, I'll just hit a restroom, take the soaked booster pad out, and put my spare pad in.... Good for several more hours!! 

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

I always wear the same size pants as I normally do.  Wearing a size or two larger may accommodate the bulk of a premium diaper but draws more attention to you because your pants are obviously too big for you.

Right on!!!

I decided to go for the mega max! Happy to report, no leaks. But I did feel a little bit of a waddle while walking towards the end of the shopping trip. I had to remind myself a few times that people probably didn’t even notice and if they did, so what! My partner and I are planning another date, to the movies next time and I’m definitely going to be wearing a diaper instead of a pull-up again! Thank you all for the encouragement! 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I think a lot of us either feel or have felt that someone will notice our padding under our clothing at some point of our lives and from what I've gathered from the past 25+ years of wearing diapers is unless your a young child living at home with a parent or caregiver no one will notice is you wear something that isn't form fitting and leaves room for your absorbent product. I make sure my shirt is long enough that it covers my waist line should i have to crouch down or bend at the waist. Comfortable fitting jeans / pants are always a blessing when wearing. Onesies are a nice addition if you can manage to wear one under your shirt. 

Out of all of the time I've been wearing diapers i think maybe 10 or 12 people may have actually seen my diaper and said something. Again that's after 25 years of wearing. I'd say that's pretty good odds that 90% of people aren't going to notice.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, gmcchamp99 said:

Out of all of the time I've been wearing diapers i think maybe 10 or 12 people may have actually seen my diaper and said something. Again that's after 25 years of wearing. I'd say that's pretty good odds that 90% of people aren't going to notice.

I've been wearing diapers out in public for over 40 years, but I don't wear 24/7 and usually wear mostly when I go out of town shopping or running errands (sometimes at home and thick diapers on vacation).  I can't say 100% for sure no one has noticed them, but if anyone has no one has ever said a word to me about it.  Of course, gmcchamp99 has been wearing for 25 years, making him only age 7 when he started if his posted age is correct.  People may notice an older child wearing diapers more than a grown adult, and since he lists himself as incontinent I expect he wears something 24/7/365.  Even though I have been wearing 40+ years to his 25 years, I'm sure he beats me on overall diaper wearing in public 10 fold or more.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I've been wearing diapers out in public for over 40 years, but I don't wear 24/7 and usually wear mostly when I go out of town shopping or running errands (sometimes at home and thick diapers on vacation).  I can't say 100% for sure no one has noticed them, but if anyone has no one has ever said a word to me about it.  Of course, gmcchamp99 has been wearing for 25 years, making him only age 7 when he started if his posted age is correct.  People may notice an older child wearing diapers more than a grown adult, and since he lists himself as incontinent I expect he wears something 24/7/365.  Even though I have been wearing 40+ years to his 25 years, I'm sure he beats me on overall diaper wearing in public 10 fold or more.

I have been a life long bedwetter. I started having daytime accidents before age 10 so that math sounds about right. I did not wear 24/7 for long at that age as I did take medications to help remedy my bedwetting and also visited a urologist around that time as well. My parents figured out from the physicians that I wasn't fooling around or faking the accidents. It was almost self explanatory considering it was confirmed early on that I wasn't fooling around or lying about my bedwetting either.

I was very fortunate as a child that I was able to fit into size 6 diapers up until I believe age 8 or 9. This goes without saying though that diapers from the 80's and 90's were know for their absorbency but not their silence. Those diapers crinkled like there was no tomorrow. I'm certain I received looks and someone had to of figured out what was going on at some point. It wasn't until years later that someone noticed my diapers and actually spoke up and said something about it. I remember one time I was waiting in line at Rite-Aid for a prescription and a couple behind me noticed my shoe was untied. Without thinking I had kneeled down and my pants dipped a bit below my diaper line / waist line and revealed my diaper. I can't remember if it was an Tranquility ATN or not but never the less, they saw it and I definitely remember hearing the male saying to his companion " I'm pretty sure the guy in front of us is wearing a diaper. I'm almost certain he is ".

I'd like to recap though that 99% of the time no one knows your wearing a diaper. Most times, people are so into what they are doing or what they need to do to notice small intricacies like that. It's not the same as someone noticing a beautiful woman with physical features they enjoy or a male with the physic they enjoy.

• Like 1
On 12/30/2022 at 10:20 AM, gmcchamp99 said:

I think a lot of us either feel or have felt that someone will notice our padding under our clothing at some point of our lives and from what I've gathered from the past 25+ years of wearing diapers is unless your a young child living at home with a parent or caregiver no one will notice is you wear something that isn't form fitting and leaves room for your absorbent product. I make sure my shirt is long enough that it covers my waist line should i have to crouch down or bend at the waist. Comfortable fitting jeans / pants are always a blessing when wearing. Onesies are a nice addition if you can manage to wear one under your shirt. 

After so many years of being kept in diapers. I am so use to people noticing me in my diapers and I don't even bat an eye anymore. The only people who know I am diapered is my mother, the entire family and my doctors.

• Like 1