LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Moonshine

Galaxie 66

Anyone here into making their own moonshine ?

It’s sort of a new hobby I picked up , although I really don’t drink much it’s kind of a fun little science to just see what different types of things you can use to make your own shine with .

Currently I’ve been working with pears  first run was 5 gallons of water ,10 lbs sugar and 12 lbs of pears , I let it ferment with some yeast for 7 days and ran it through the still . It produced about 2 qts of some of the smoothest 40 proof I have ever drank the rest was higher in proof but not as palatable ( heads )

The next batch I added 20lbs of pears ,7 gallons of water and 10 lbs of sugar , left to ferment about 2 weeks now . When I do run it I will add the 3qts of the 60prf  into the wash to raise its alcohol content and then run it through the distillation process to see what I come out with .

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Galaxie 66 said:

I make beer and have some buddies who also distill, so I'm fascinated with it, and I have access to the equipment, but I haven't tried it yet. I was somewhat put off by my buddy's homemade Scotch that he spent a year making, including barrel aging it. It had a gorgeous amber colour but tasted like jet fuel... I'm a Scotch guy so after that, I thought, why bother? But I've heard people doing things with fruit like you are and getting good results. 

13 hours ago, Galaxie 66 said:

It’s sort of a new hobby I picked up , although I really don’t drink much it’s kind of a fun little science to just see what different types of things you can use to make your own shine with .

Currently I’ve been working with pears  first run was 5 gallons of water ,10 lbs sugar and 12 lbs of pears , I let it ferment with some yeast for 7 days and ran it through the still . It produced about 2 qts of some of the smoothest 40 proof I have ever drank the rest was higher in proof but not as palatable ( heads )

The next batch I added 20lbs of pears ,7 gallons of water and 10 lbs of sugar , left to ferment about 2 weeks now . When I do run it I will add the 3qts of the 60prf  into the wash to raise its alcohol content and then run it through the distillation process to see what I come out with .

for fucks sake PLEASE be careful, setting aside the legal issues(im sure prison is NOT THE LEAST BIT NICE, you can blow yourself up, and do NOT drink the heads! that from what i understand is a different kind of alcohol and can kill you or take your eyesight!, and just to touch on the legal issues, if the cops ever catch wind of what you are doing, (a nosy neighbor, or someone who is kind of a karen) you could lose your house, i like the idea of making alcohol, but not as a drink, i like it as a means of making something to disinfect with if shit hits the fan.

Most of the methanol comes from hydrolysis of pectin.   In fact, you don't even have to ferment it at times.   If you're fermenting grains or things like grapes, you won't have any appreciable methanol in any stage of the process.    

59 minutes ago, Spanky said:

I, too, love the Moonshiners show.

Reality, TV isn't.    I watched it for a while and noticed that they were pixelating something out on rear window of Tim Smith's truck.   But I did catch a scene they didn't do it and single framed it to figure out what it was.   It was his website.     Yep, all this drama of them operating outside the law and being secret above it and the guy has his website all about "moonshining" emblazened on the back of his truck.

2 hours ago, willnotwill said:

Reality, TV isn't.    I watched it for a while and noticed that they were pixelating something out on rear window of Tim Smith's truck.   But I did catch a scene they didn't do it and single framed it to figure out what it was.   It was his website.     Yep, all this drama of them operating outside the law and being secret above it and the guy has his website all about "moonshining" emblazened on the back of his truck.

His transition from illegal to legal distilling was a plot of the early years of the show. 

3 hours ago, DailyDi said:

His transition from illegal to legal distilling was a plot of the early years of the show. 

Yeah, but he had already done it while he was stlil "hashing it out" on the air.

Of course it's all fake.  You don't think if it is was illegal the producers and network would risk their businesses by making a TV show and broadcasting it each week?  Or the Feds wouldn't know or watch the show and arrest everyone.  Same as the street racers and other shows.  I watch Alaska The Last Frontier and it showed Otto bartering with a surgeon for repairing his hernia.  I also read he's worth 4 million dollars!  Mountain Men showed one guy and his family living in a tent while trying to find a house they could afford.  The guy makes custom knives and has his own website where he sells them for a lot of money.  The shows are interesting and entertaining, but there is an amount of fakeness to them.

Last I knew it isn't illegal, I'm not into moonshine that much though man and have no problem with just getting it from the local store ?

Some places require a permit though man and I would agree about the Karen neighbor comment. You wouldn't loose your home though I don't think, most I see happening is a fine for not haveing a permit. 

If you don't have any neighbors who cares about the permit as it isn't like your selling it ?

Just my thoughts on it man. 

On 11/19/2022 at 6:08 PM, Crinklz Kat said:

It's only illegal if you try to sell it without a proper tax license and paying "the man".   Making for personal consumption is not illegal.

Depending on the state that you live in.