LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Infernum Infantem - Epilogue (4/23/23)

IIbanner.png.b4ed156f952ada9b0190696741958bc8.png

New story, new series, new art style, same MDLG stories! Just in time for Halloween too!

I've been so excited writing this, I love all things supernatural. Lore, myths, legends, monsters, magic, everything. And for the longest time I've wanted to write a new story set in a brand new universe that I haven't written in. And like every project I start, it quickly turned in a much bigger project, so it turned into a brand new series and not just a single story. I've got this and 3 other books planned, but this time it won't all lead to a big finale in the 5th book like my other series. They're individual stories, but with recurring characters and themes and places, all based around all the classic monsters (and some lesser known ones). Think of it more like a continuing world that I'll write stories for rather than it being a big plot spread over multiple books. Oh and no multiverse shenanigans! These are completely separate from my multiverse series, you won't see any cross over whatsoever, just some good old fashioned monsters and spooky things!

The first, Infernum Infantem, is a story about a cult trying to bring about the end of the world. I won't say more than that other than if you enjoy my other stories for their cute MDLG stuff... you should enjoy this one.

I have focused a lot more on humour in this one, so I really appreciate any and all comments, especially regarding how funny it is. I got a few chuckles out of the person I gave early chapters to, so I'm hoping I get the same reaction from everyone else. I've nearly finished writing it, and if this is liked, I'll feel comfortable to start writing the next book as soon as I've finished this.

One chapter per week. Every Friday. Just like last time. Increasing to two when Regression Echo ends.

And as usual, if you want two weeks early access to chapters of Infernum Infantem and Regression Echo, you can sub to my Patreon. You'll also get access to my discord server to discuss chapters there and stuff. And also to tease me apparently. Grr.

I hope I've covered everything that needs saying and I hope everyone enjoys this story as much as my other stories!

Please feel free to leave comments and feedback, I love reading it all!

Also, please link to my stories rather than posting them as files when sharing with others!

Chapter 1: The Ritual

-Victoria-

Infernum Infantem – LittleFallenPrincess

“Oramus Dominum nostrum tenebrarum ad ultima tempora vocare, ad destruendum hunc mundum miserum et resurgendum. Benedicat nos perditor, donatum sacerdotio. Hanc benedic et adiuva ut puerum suscitaret usque in diem hanc terram destruet.”

I stood there, in the middle of the circle, my hands quivering as I nervously awaited the outcome. My bare feet touched the cold stone cellar floor beneath me. The dampness of the cellar made the air feel moist and unclean, but this was the place we would conduct this ritual. In this cold, damp cellar underneath my estate, in the middle of the English countryside.

I tried keeping my eyes closed, but I couldn’t resist the temptation. 

Opening them slightly for a peek at my surroundings and my fellow circle members, I looked around at the hooded figures surrounding the summoning circle painted on the ground, the same circle I was currently in the centre of. Five people at the five points of the pentagram painted within the circle. Each of them chanting the words that would bring about the desire we had worked hard for for the past thirty years or so. Runes decorated the sigil. It was all a bit nerve wracking. But tonight was the night. We were ready. There was no backing out now.

Thirty years I had researched, experimented, done everything in my power to end up in this very moment here, right now. We would complete this ritual, and with it… our wish.

I had spent millions on getting to this point. I had built my empire up just for this purpose. If this works, that empire will soon be worthless… but it will have all been worth it.

“Oramus Dominum nostrum tenebrarum ad ultima tempora vocare, ad destruendum hunc mundum miserum et resurgendum. Benedicat nos perditor, donatum sacerdotio. Hanc benedic et adiuva ut puerum suscitaret usque in diem hanc terram destruet.”

Again, they chanted the words. Velvet black robes hiding each of my fellow cultists within it, their hoods up, masking their faces in darkness. A dull, monotonous tone echoed through the large, dark, grimy cellar. The sound of running water could be heard through the walls, but other than that and the chanting… silence.

Is this even going to work? Did we even translate the text properly? For all we know this could mean ‘Can I have a large fries with that?’

We had found the tablet hidden within a temple, a temple that was lost to nature, hidden away from human eyes for thousands of years. Transcribed by worshippers of a dark being, the one who would bring darkness unto the world.

Decades had passed since I founded this little gathering of like minded individuals. Years of research, spells, and preparation for this very moment.

I wouldn’t let anything stop me now. We had security posted around my estate, all the doors were locked and sealed, and we all held our amulets of protection. The ones that we had put our heart and soul into… literally. Well not the whole thing, but a fraction of it. But they still gave us perfect health, protection… and long life. I was reaching sixty years old now, but I still looked like I was thirty. Some of my circle were nearing a hundred years old now, some were just reaching their fifties. But all were dedicated to the cause… and to me.

We had sacrificed so much to get to this point, and nothing would stop us from achieving our goal.

Being the High Priestess of our circle, and also only one of the two women in it, it was my job to be the one standing in the centre of the circle. The intended target of the ritual.

After everything though… I would do anything to further my cause. 

Tonight had to be the night, otherwise we’d have to wait another hundred years for the next window. So everything had to be perfect.

The cold air surrounded my naked body, causing me to shiver. The spell required there to be no clothes whatsoever.

But hey, at least the circle all had their eyes closed, so it’s not like they’d see anything.

If this worked… this would be the end of the world. Or at least lead to it. And honestly? Good riddance. Humanity had its chance. Now we would wipe the slate clean.

The intention of our little ritual was to summon the child who would bring about the end of the world. Many languages, many civilisations had different names for him. We had spent decades researching them all. And if our ritual was a success… I would be the one to bring him into the world. I’d be his mother, and when he becomes of age… he’d bring destruction and wrath to this pathetic planet.

Now my fellow cultists… they wished to bring about the end times for their own gain. To rid the world of the ‘failures’ of humanity, and to start again, with boons from the Dark Lord. They would rebuild humanity under the watchful guidance of him, making sure humanity is faithfully serving us.

I however… I had nothing to live for anymore. Not for the past thirty years. I didn’t care about rebuilding the world. I didn’t care about humanity. I didn’t care about any of that rubbish they spouted. But I wouldn’t tell them that. If they knew my true intentions… they would remove me as head of our little organisation and I couldn’t allow that. I wanted the end because… I just wanted the world gone. I couldn’t stand this world anymore, but at the same time I didn’t really care what would come after it.

This was the only thing keeping me going, and I would stop at nothing to end this world. Most people would have moved on from their trauma… spent the rest of their life doing something more productive. No… I had to join a cult, build a business empire, then give birth to the bringer of darkness. 

Maybe I should’ve gotten into knitting.

I had a feeling this wasn’t working. We’d been at it for twenty minutes now, them constantly chanting, me freezing my naked butt off… Not to mention it’d probably take me multiple washes to get this cellar smell out of my long, blonde hair.

‘Maybe we should give up?’ I thought to myself as I felt a shiver run up my spine. ‘No. I can’t give up now. We can’t give up. We’ve worked too hard for too long. We need this to work. I will accomplish my goal. I will cleanse this Earth.’

It just wasn’t working though. Maybe we had messed up the ritual? It could be the sigil we painted on the floor, the runes could be slightly off, the translation may not be correct… it could be any number of things. This… this has never been done before. No one has brought upon the end of the world like this…

I was just about to throw in the towel, when I felt something surrounding us.

A gush of air encircled us. But the cellar was sealed, so there was no wind.

But still… The candles blew out and the cellar suddenly plunged into darkness.

This was it. It worked.

It actually fucking worked!

My body started shaking. Not because of the cold… no… that was no longer a problem, it no longer bothered me. No… Now it was fear. Fear that we had actually accomplished it. A twang of doubt filled my heart as one by one, the candles around the cellar spontaneously lit back up again, slowly illuminating the pitch-black cellar.

I felt no different though.

Other than the fear invading my body, I felt no different from that moments ago, before the spell worked.

Maybe I was expecting to be at least half way into pregnancy with the Child of Darkness. Maybe we were wrong about that, maybe I’m much earlier on than that. Will I have to wait nine months just to give birth? And then there’s raising the child until they are ready to bring upon the end times. That would take… what… years? I know I’m a bit impatient, despite somehow managing to wait thirty years for this window of opportunity. But I liked results as soon as possible.

Once the corners of the cellar had lit up, the candles around the centre of the room started lighting up one by one. First the one in front of me, then in a clockwise motion, each one surrounding me lit up until I was staring at the faces of my brothers and sister. 

But something was different. I could feel it. Like a… pull… a connection… a bond.

This was it! It worked! I was bonded to the Child of Darkness!

The feeling however… didn’t come from within…

Looking at the faces of my brothers and sister… I saw genuine fear in their eyes. Fear and… confusion?

All of them staring at one point in the room. 

Somewhere directly behind me. 

Exactly where I was feeling the pull coming from.

Slowly turning around, my heart beating like a hummingbird’s… I turned my gaze to the object of my fellow cultist’s interest.

A demonic figure stood there.

Scarlet skin… beautiful grey-blue eyes… short black pointed horns protruding from the top of their head… a black, whip-like tail with an arrow point at the end wrapped itself around her leg. She was a demon from the pits of hell. But why was she here? Was she here to bless me with the Child of Darkness?

But she was… not what I pictured. What I pictured when I thought of demons were monsters of darkness… red skin, forked tail… just like hers… but I expected larger horns… someone taller than me… maybe dark hair… and revealing outfits? Slutty outfits? Or even no outfit? I wasn’t sure what I was expecting when it came to clothes… but whatever it was, it definitely wasn’t this.

Instead, her white hair was tied up into a messy ponytail, with messy bangs covering her forehead, split apart slightly by her horns. She was a clear foot shorter than I was too. She wore an oversized hoodie, baggy dungarees… a low-cut top… and a… choker? She even wore hi-tops. If anything, she was dressed like she was a teenager, though her body was clearly that of a beautiful woman… a beautiful, red, demonic woman.

I inspected every inch of her as she stood there, blissfully unaware… as if we weren’t even here.

I examined her face… it was… gorgeous… but also… cute… and somehow… innocent…

My heart was still racing as I felt a connection with the demon in front of me. Stronger than any bond I’ve felt before. Maybe even more so than with… her.

I noticed crumbs covered her clothing, orange dust of some kind painted the corners of her mouth…

My eyes stared into hers.

Those beautiful grey-blue eyes… looking down at… a device…

“Is that a Gamegirl?” I blurted out.

The demoness looked up at me, looking into my eyes… into my soul…

Her arms holding the portable gaming device lowered to her sides.

Her eyebrow arched.

Her mouth opened… her fangs protruding out. 

She was about to speak the words of our Lord of Darkness…

“What the fuck?”

==========================================================

I know it's only the first chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it!

I hope everyone enjoys this chapter! Please leave likes and comments and all that fun stuff, I love reading them!

Thank you to all my patrons for their support!

Don't forget, the next 4 chapters of Regression Echo and the next 2 chapters of Infernum Infantem are available on my Patreon which can be found here if you go for the second tier. You get two weeks early access to chapters of Regression Echo and Infernum Infantem.

New chapters of Regression Echo every Wednesday/Sunday!

New chapter of Infernum Infantem every Friday!

Also just a quick note: I don't mind people saving this story for personal reading. But I'd appreciate it if people didn't post it elsewhere, even if you're just suggesting it to other people. If you want to show others, please send them a link to the first page of this post! Thanks! ?

• Like 9
  • Haha 3
On 10/28/2022 at 8:05 PM, Moon3ye said:

Big fan already of the story.

I'm curious how it will continue.

Yay! I'm so glad! I hope you continue to enjoy it!

On 10/29/2022 at 4:11 AM, herezulo said:

Well, this seems cool already. Looking forward to more.

Thank you! ?

On 10/29/2022 at 4:32 AM, Guilend said:

It gets really good the next chapter. I’m definitely a big fan of this story. 

It does. And yay! ?

18 hours ago, TerranV said:

Isn't that always the way?

You sit down to relax with a game and all of the sudden a cult summons you for another inane ritual...

I know right? Always the worst possible times. It's like they wait for you to relax...

7 hours ago, FloridaKid said:

Great beginning! Hooked me again. Can’t wait to see where you take this one.

Yay! I hope everyone continues to enjoy it as it goes on!

1 hour ago, YourFNF said:

I'm extremely confused because I though I already commented? ??‍♀️

When I made my comment I thought there was one missing from the last I looked lol

Chapter 2: Niathruxzon

-Niathruxzon-

“Please. No more. I beg you! PLEASE STOP!” He pleaded, dropping to his knees and crawling over to me.

As he grabbed my legs, looking up at me with eyes that were screaming for me to put him out of his misery, I smirked down at him before kicking him back on to his arse with the tip of my foot.

“No. Again.” I ordered.

All three of my victims groaned in pain, wishing for this to end. A wave of ecstasy washed over me as the pain of my victims echoed through the room.

“Seat. Now.” I growled and looked squarely at Dave, pointing back at his place on the sofa.

With his shoulders dropped in defeat, he climbed back onto the sofa. And with a whisk of my hand, the controller he threw just moments ago, flew back into his hands.

“Now… because of that outburst… NO BATHROOM BREAKS!”

All three of them started complaining, so I whisked my hands once again, causing them to lose their voices in an instant.

“We go again. Same deal.”

Dave, Lucas and Steven all pouted, like the little children they acted like in life.

‘Gamers… so much fun to torture’ I thought to myself as I crossed my legs, sitting on my feet on my favourite recliner, getting comfortable before the next round of torture.

After my shift, I heard the cries of joy as the three guys were carried off to have their arses not only whipped, but also to have a variety of foreign objects shoved up them… for a few years.

“Anything but that again, please!” I heard one of them cry out, making me feel proud of the work I accomplished.

I readied myself for the next bunch of victims, cleaning my working space, making it look as friendly as possible for them. 

That was the key to breaking these guys, lulling them into a false sense of security, building up their egos… then bringing it all down on top of them in a humiliating defeat. So I’d have drinks, snacks, a really comfortable sofa, giant TV, posters of half-naked women on the walls. Although I must admit, it’s all partially for me too.

My whole lair was set up to be a typical living room, looking like any average human place with a sofa, a TV, plants, paintings, coffee table, everything. It was all very… bland. Boring wallpaper, generic grey carpet, the furniture was basic stuff you could buy from any catalogue on Earth. I wanted somewhere they would feel safe and comfortable, somewhere that wouldn’t set off alarms, and most importantly… somewhere that wouldn’t distract from the games… and the torture.

When the new guys show up, I’ll act like an innocent girl who wants to play games with them. And being typical gamer guys… they’ll just have to show off. 

‘Oh I’ll go easy on you…’

‘I’ll show you how to play!’

‘Omg you’re so hot, want to suck my dick whilst I play?’

That last one I made sure to spend extra time torturing and humiliating.

But yeah, when they sit down, get comfortable, make a mess with their drinks and snacks, and most importantly… pick up that controller… they’re mine. 

My toys. My playthings.

So after a bit of magic, the place was once again spotless. The pee stains on the sofa gone, the snacks refilled, save files all deleted, all damage from thrown controllers reverted back to the original state of the room.

“Oops… nearly forgot…”

A quick whisk of my wrist again and my deep red skin turned paler, my horns vanishing from the top of my head. I looked… human. Just a ‘poor widdle girl who can’t play video games like the boys can’. 

Sexist pricks won’t know what’s going to hit them.

“Oh hi! Welcome!” I said in my cutest voice, ushering in the next three victims into my lair.

“Hey babe…” Said the most confident one, Jason, and from my experience… most likely the one with the smallest dick.

“Where are we? What happened?” Said Ashley, the know-it-all.

“H… hi!” Said the smaller, more shy guy. Todd was his name I think.

Their names didn’t really mean anything to me, I only needed to know them at the start of our torture session to fake being cute and friendly. By the time I reveal their fate to them, I won’t be using their names, just one of a million insulting terms. Even their appearances all started to blend in. I didn’t take notice of their hair, their skin, or their eyes… nothing. They were just toys to play with. All that mattered to me was doing my job.

Sure, some demons use sharp instruments to poke and prod and torture their assigned souls. Some get to shove fruit and other fun objects into places they shouldn’t be shoved. Some get to manipulate their victim’s guilt, passions or regrets. Me… I torture gamers. No idea why I was assigned this job, but I’m good at it. Getting to lure the souls of pathetic guys who like to think their skills on a video game mean everything, guys who like to belittle others because they’re a woman, or trans, or disabled, or from another country, or just simply just because they’re not good at the game. Luring those guys into a false sense of security… before destroying their ego, forcing them to face their new reality… I loved every second of it.

TL:DR: I beat people at video games to torture them.

“Come on in guys, I’ve got snacks and drinks and everything. Take a seat, you can show me how good you are at Battle of Duty: Warfare or whatever it’s called.” I waved them all in, their memories of their situation vanishing from their minds upon walking in.

We did that so I can torture them even more. Don’t worry, they’ll get their memories back when I reveal that they’re being tortured in hell. And that I’m a demon, the one torturing them. It’s a lot of fun, even after going through this routine thousands of times since video games were invented. I’m hoping that over time, as video games get bigger and bigger, that my ideas for expansion of this department can actually be listened to and maybe considered. Right now… I’m the only one torturing people through games.

All three of them sat down, blissfully unaware of the reality of their situation. All believing they’ve got a cute, white-haired girl with a low cut top that showed off her assets, to play games with and show off to.

“So… what are we doing here?” Jason asked.

“You’re in heaven, silly!” I smiled, cocking my head to the side in a cute anime pose. Weebs soak that stuff up, so it’s become a bit of a habit now.

“You’re so cute, has anyone told you?” He replied.

“Aww thank you Jason, you’re not half bad yourself…” I replied, winking at him and lying through my teeth.

“So… we just get to play video games with a hot chick in heaven?” Ashley spoke up.

“Yup!” I answered.

“Why don’t we get our own personal heaven with a hot chick each?” He replied.

Thankfully, too many guys like him have asked the same question, so I was prepared. Not going to lie… the first time one asked that, I was thrown off my rhythm.

“Oh… you… don’t want me? Okay then… I’ll… go…” I started to get up when all three of the guys sat up instantly.

“NO!” All three of them shouted at the same time.

“But…” I pretended to look sad.

“I wasn’t saying I don’t want to… just… why don’t we each get you?” Ashley asked.

“Budget reasons.” I shrugged.

“Oh… okay…”

“Sorry boys… you have to share… but you could share… couldn’t you… for me?” I smiled coyly at them.

“Yep. Yep… Yeah…” They all said, nodding their heads.

“Good! Let’s get started then! I wanna see how good you all are!” I said, sitting back into my favourite recliner once again.

Picking up their controllers, grabbing a drink from the coffee table in front of them, and dunking their hands into the popcorn bowl, they sat back and got comfortable for what they believed to be a fun gaming sesh.

“So… the rules are… free-for-all deathmatch. 10 lives each. Winner gets to do what they want with me. If I win… I get to do what I want with all three of you.”

“So we can’t lose? Perfect!” Jason grinned.

‘Oh Jason… you guys will never learn…’

“You’re cheating!” Jason yelled at me.

“Yeah, I call bullshit.” Ashley joined in.

“I mean… it was a bit… unfair… you kicked all our arses…” Todd finally spoke up, after being deathly quiet for the past ten games.

The two boisterous ones stood up in front of me, looking down at me with anger in their eyes.

I beat them, fair and square. I have the potential to cheat, I have the potential to slow their characters or speed mine up, I can also grant myself powerups and everything. This is hell, and this room is my playground. But I don’t use any of that. I don’t need to. These pathetic boys just can’t handle losing to a girl who is simply… better than them.

It had been three weeks.

Three weeks of non-stop video games.

Ashley had begged me to kill him multiple times by now. Jason was dressed in the cutest little pink frilly dress after a bet he had lost. I mean… he didn’t even need to make that bet. I was going to shove him in that dress eventually anyway. Todd… Todd was your typical shy quiet gamer. Not the normal one that ends up in Heaven… no… the shy gamer who ends up in Hell. You know the ones… they act all nice and good and they love to play the ‘white knight’. Until you turn them down.

At first he resisted all the torture I inflicted on the group. He kept playing, acting really nice to me, trying to impress me still. I could read his face… he still thought he had a shot with me, even after I had humiliated Jason and Ashley. I still hadn’t told any of them that they were in hell, I hadn’t told them I’m a demon… They still believed we were having fun in Heaven. How they thought that after I had been beating them at the same game for over three weeks with no breaks… they hadn’t even realised they didn’t need to pee here.

I had stopped their bladders after the first few hours… but Todd was starting to show his true colours and I was about to unleash Hell upon him.

“You’re such a bitch…” Todd yelled, surprising both of the other two. Not me though, I’ve been waiting for this moment.

“Oh? I am? Do tell…” I replied.

“You tease us, flirt with us… it’s been how long?”

“Three weeks.”

“Wait… what? No! It’s been like hours… right?” Ashley spoke up.

Time works differently in Hell.

“Three weeks? Anyway… that’s worse! Three weeks of leading us on! You’re not even that hot. I bet you can’t even give good head…” Todd said, sealing his fate.

“Aww… ickle Todd…” I grinned at him, standing up and walking over to him, standing face to face with the little sexist prick.

“I…” He instantly shut up. He wasn’t expecting me to get up into his face like this.

“You’re right. I have been leading you on. But that’s because that’s my job. This isn’t Heaven. It’s Hell. You really think you three would get into the good place? You’re all pathetic. Especially you Toddy…” The fake pale skin faded away, leaving my demonic form on show for them all to see.

“Todd..y…?” He mumbled, drool slipping down his chin. “Huh?”

“Aww can ickle Toddy not think straight? Don’t worry, you’re much too little to think about getting head. Giving it though…”

I placed my hands on Todd’s shoulders, turning him around. He didn’t even fight back. I mean… he couldn’t. He was entranced, he was powerless to do anything. Once he was facing Ashley, I pushed down on Todd’s shoulders, making him get to his knees.

“Now… go crawl that padded butt over there and see how much of a good job you can do on Ashley’s… you-know-what….” I said, kicking the nappy he was now wearing, propelling him forward. It’s amazing what I can conjure in this room… the power I have. Outside of here I’m powerless… but in here, I’m a God.

“Padded…?” Todd asked, looking behind him to see the thick nappy he was wearing, blushing heavily before he crawled over to Ashley, who just sat there, waiting helplessly.

I loved this moment. And I was going to savour every humiliating second of it.

Another week later, my time with these three was up. They were happy to leave, just like my last ‘guests’, leaving me alone in my lair once again. I’d get them back eventually, once they were a bit more broken from other kinds of torture by other demons, but for now… I had a little break before the next batch.

“Niathuxzon?” A voice came from the doorway.

“Huh?” I said, looking around, lowering my GameGirl and pausing the game I was playing in my spare time between guests.

In the doorway was my boss, Xelmath. A large, muscular demon with enormous horns, very dark red skin, and a really evil-looking goatee. People who saw him often assumed he was Satan. Which was always funny. And as usual, Xelly wore a business suit… because… you know… they’re the worst.

“Oh, it’s you, boss. Whatdya want?” I asked him casually. He hated the way I talked to him, which was all the reason I needed to never stop.

“Sit up straight, stupid girl.”

“Ugh. Fine.” I said, sliding off the chair, my Gamegirl still in my hands, until I was sat up straight… on the floor.”

“Off the floor…”

“Well why didn’t you say…?” I grinned, slowly climbing to my feet, determined to be an even bigger thorn in this guy’s backside.

“Look… You know how much I hate your… methods. And no, I don’t care about your success rate. It’s ridiculous. You just sit in here, playing games, messing around and wasting time and Hell’s resources… just to torture a few brats at a time. If you ask me… you should be joining them…”

“Yeah well I’m not. As much as you hate me, I’m a demon too. And demon’s are exempt from spankings!” I joked, sticking my tongue out at him.

“Look… I swear one of these days…”

He stopped all of a sudden, confusion plastered across his face as he stared at my feet.

“Got a new fetish?” I laughed, before looking down to see what he was staring at exactly.

But it wasn’t my feet he was looking at. It was the thing under them.

A sigil… runes…

“W…”

Before I could say anything, everything went black.

Hope you're enjoying this story still! It was a lot of fun to write! Especially this character ?

I hope everyone enjoys this chapter! Please leave likes and comments and all that fun stuff, I love reading them!

Don't forget, the next 4 chapters of Regression Echo and the next 2 chapters of Infernum Infantem are available on my Patreon which can be found here if you go for the second tier. You get two weeks early access to chapters of Regression Echo and Infernum Infantem.

Also just a quick note: I don't mind people saving this story for personal reading. But I'd appreciate it if people didn't post it elsewhere, even if you're just suggesting it to other people. If you want to show others, please send them a link to the first page of this post! Thanks!

• Like 11
On 10/28/2022 at 1:37 PM, LittleFallenPrincess said:

Most people would have moved on from their trauma…

On 10/28/2022 at 1:37 PM, LittleFallenPrincess said:

My heart was still racing as I felt a connection with the demon in front of me. Stronger than any bond I’ve felt before. Maybe even more so than with… her.

Intrigued at the connection between the unknown trauma and the unknown “her” now that we have Niathruxzon (may I please call you Nia?) in the picture and Victoria is so fascinated with her.

22 hours ago, LittleFallenPrincess said:

Outside of here I’m powerless… but in here, I’m a God.

Oooohh…how will snarky Niathruxzon play this hand in Victoria’s world? Love her sassy character so far!

Not 100% comfortable with the use of SA in retaliation even on absolute bastards but not exactly sympathetic either... More just giving the

Principal Skinner's "Pathetic" | Know Your Meme

Stare at the damned....

I would be looking at Nia like "Wow that is fucked up but I'm not going to try and stop you.... I honestly respect your level of technique, Papa Lucie's people clearly don't play. Even when gaming lol..."

• Like 1
On 11/4/2022 at 8:19 PM, FloridaKid said:

Intrigued at the connection between the unknown trauma and the unknown “her” now that we have Niathruxzon (may I please call you Nia?) in the picture and Victoria is so fascinated with her.

Oooohh…how will snarky Niathruxzon play this hand in Victoria’s world? Love her sassy character so far!

Oooooh! You're the first person to comment on that ?

Also Nia is so much fun to write. Letting my inner brat out is just... so good!

On 11/5/2022 at 11:56 AM, TerranV said:

I love the idea of Hell operating on a  mundane bureaucracy.

Me too! I've got a few other interesting ideas for the afterlife system in my stories. Which you may or may not find out some of in this book.

On 11/5/2022 at 2:21 PM, YourFNF said:

Not 100% comfortable with the use of SA in retaliation even on absolute bastards but not exactly sympathetic either... More just giving the

Principal Skinner's "Pathetic" | Know Your Meme

Stare at the damned....

I would be looking at Nia like "Wow that is fucked up but I'm not going to try and stop you.... I honestly respect your level of technique, Papa Lucie's people clearly don't play. Even when gaming lol..."

Yeah. Same honestly.

12 hours ago, Panther Cub said:

WOOOO!

2 chapters in and now I am an addict!

Yay! I'm glad! I hope you continue to enjoy it as it goes on!

Chapter 3: Failure

-Victoria-

“What the fuck?” The red-skinned Hellspawn blurted out, looking around at her new surroundings, confused.

I just stood there in shock, staring at her…

She wasn’t what I was expecting.

And no, I know I was expecting to be many months pregnant with the Bringer of Darkness… but that’s not what I’m talking about.

In all my years, throughout all my research, demons were believed to be these intimidating, cruel, vengeful creatures. Red-skinned, large horns, a horned tail, some texts even depicted them with goat-like hooves instead of feet. They were the embodiment of everything evil, created by the Lord of Darkness himself to serve him and carry out his evil will.

But in front of me was a demon who looked like any normal young woman (aside from the red skin, horns and tail of course), but one dressed much less maturely for her age. Something on par with a teenager even. Or at least those twenty-somethings who put themselves out there on that streaming service. And yes, I know all about that. I know I’m nearly a pensioner… technically… but my magically obtained youth means I still look, feel and act young. Which means I tend to socialise with people around that age too. Unlike my fellow cultists, who were all magically gifted youth like me… but were still all old fashioned and out of touch with society.

This girl had the telltale red skin. She had the typical demon horns, although they were much smaller than I imagined they’d be. The forked tail was there at least, sticking out through a hole in the back of her baggy dungarees. And yes… her clothes… I was expecting rags, or maybe slutty clothing? I wasn’t sure what I was expecting from a demon, but this isn’t it. She looked like a bratty little kid, in both her clothing and her demeanour.

And her posture… she just stood there, looking around, looking unimpressed and confused, in that way teenagers stood when they didn’t care. The main thing is… she didn’t scare me in the slightest, and as my fellow cultists started opening their eyes to see what had happened, they too were obviously not scared of the demon in front of us as they stared at her, eyeing her up and down, confused as to what had gone wrong with the spell.

The demoness inspected our group, one by one, working clockwise, until she turned to face me, looking me directly in the eyes with her… beautiful grey-blue eyes? Don’t demons usually have red or yellow? Or black?

“Nice funbags!” The demon said, smiling and winking at me whilst pointing to my breasts that were on full display to her and everyone else. 

Squeaking in shock as I realised my current clothing situation, I quickly grabbed the robe that I had let fall to the floor at the start of the incantation and pulled it up, covering my body once again.

“Aww… shame.” Her smile grew twice as big, making me blush. “So… what do you nerds want? Power? Money? Fame? A spanking?”

“This can’t be right… something went wrong…” Said Geoff. 

Geoffrey Smith was second in command in our little cult. He was due to take over from our previous High Priest if that old geezer ever died, but for some reason the guy named me his successor. Honestly… I can see why, because Geoff is a pain in the arse most of the time. I mean… he legally changed his name decades ago to ‘Thorne Zayne’, but we still call him Geoff. That’s how much of an arse he is.

He looked like he was 40, but in reality he was 94. Very old fashioned. Thinning white hair with a matching white beard, a round belly and thick-rimmed glasses on the end of his nose… he looked ridiculous. And even if I didn’t tease him all the time, he still hated me because I was picked over him for leader of our cult. The teasing just cements his hatred.

“No shit, culty Santa…” The demon laughed. “So… what were you actually trying to summon? Because no one summons me. Usually it's the Demon Daddy herself, or one of the lieutenants. Maybe one of the crossroads demons. Me though… I’m a nobody. So who messed up? Who do I get to rip apart?” She grinned.

Everyone quickly stepped backwards, out of the summoning circle. Clever move too, as the summoning circle had a binding circle around the outside of that to keep whatever was summoned within it, just in case we fucked up… like we just had.

…Leaving me alone in the circle with the demoness.

“Oh I see…” The demon said, looking around at the circle surrounding the two of us. “Shame… you have a lovely pair of norks…”

‘Norks? This is a very peculiar demon…’

The demon turned to me and grinned, stepping closer and closer to me, until her face was up in mine.

“Sorry love… as gorgeous as you are… I’ve got to send a message…”

I looked down as she dropped the GameGirl onto the floor, her razor-sharp fingernails pointing outwards as she readied herself to slash me to bits. Wondering if my amulet would protect me from a demon attack… I prepared my body for death just in case. My body tensed itself as she raised her claw like fingers, waiting for the slashing.

Because even if my amulet did protect me… it’s still gonna hurt like a bitch.

I closed my eyes and awaited my fate, wondering why I didn’t just step out of the circle before the demon could even realise the trap she was stuck in.

‘Victoria… you stupid woman… you could have saved yourself…’

But then nothing happened.

Opening my eyes slowly, I saw the demon girl with her claw raised high, ready to swing down at me… but she wasn’t moving.

I could see confusion on her face… as if she wouldn’t… or couldn’t attack me.

“Well… maybe I’ll let you live…” She joked off, dropping her arm again and shrugging it all off. Like she was showing mercy… but I could tell somehow, this wasn’t mercy. She couldn’t attack me. 

Was it the summoning spell? Was it the amulet around my neck? I wasn’t sure, but I was grateful for whatever it was.

Quickly stepping back, so I was outside of the binding circle, I took a breath of relief as Raven walked over and put her arm around me, comforting me.

“We need to talk… in private…” Geoff said to the rest of us. We all nodded, and one by one, our little group walked out of the cellar, heading upstairs to talk in private.

I was left alone with the demoness, so before I left to join my group, I turned around one last time to look at the entity of evil.

“Don’t be too long, cutie…” She winked at me, making my… heart… flutter?

‘What the fuck?’ I thought as I quickly shuffled off out of the cellar, rushing up the wooden stairs to my study.

“What the fuck went wrong? Why did we summon… that?” Geoff barked at us, mainly aiming his anger at me, as if I had something to do with it.

We all gathered in my study, with me sitting behind my desk, Geoff and Raven in the chairs opposite me, and Lucius, Auron and Carmine standing by the window, the piano and the bookcase respectfully. This room was our usual meeting spot to discuss business. Despite my estate being older than some of our members, I kept up with current trends. So whilst I had kept some historical keepsakes, displaying them in cases on the walls, the desk, bookcase, piano, walls and floor were all rather modern. Think modern CEO office, not stuffy old mansion.

“What are you insinuating… Geoff?” I snapped at him.

“My name is Thorne… and I’m just saying… you were supposed to be the vessel. We didn’t get the Child of Darkness, we got… that… demon!”

“I don’t know what happened. I certainly didn’t do anything. I followed the ritual to the letter. You were the one preparing the materials we needed. If anything… you screwed up.”

“Let’s just calm down…” Replied Raven, always the diplomatic one. Her actual name was Deborah Taylor, I used to call her Debbie, but then they all decided to take on these edgy cultist names, so she became ‘Raven Bloodworth’. Ridiculous if you ask me, but aside from Geoff… I was respectful and used their chosen cultist names.

Raven looked like an old school librarian, from her clothes to her greying hair. Why she chose to look like a 60 year old librarian… I’ll never know. But whatever makes her happy. But hey, for someone over 100 years old… she looks good.

“I don’t care who fucked up. I say we try and get what we can out of this demon. Maybe she can grant us great boons…” Lucius interrupted.

Lucius was the second most wealthy, and the second oldest out of the group. In fact he was second in a lot of things. I’ve known him for decades, even when he went by Stephen Dunce, and he’s always been a misogynistic jerk. He’s never really taken me or Raven seriously, often flirting and trying to hit on me. But in the thirty years I’ve known him, I’ve never once given him the pleasure. He was very old fashioned when it came to his clothes, his appearance… and his views on women and minorities. If I could, I’d kick him out of the cult, but with the majority of it being men… it was very unlikely. It’s okay though, if the universe ever gets remade like we planned, I’ll make sure his backwards views aren’t taken into consideration.

“You just want her great ‘boons’, Lucius, you perv.” I replied.

“Why don’t we just send her back to hell and try again?” Auron spoke up next. Auron… chose to look like he was 20, but he still acted like the old man he actually was, which was very weird when you watched him interact with anyone outside of the cult. Weird… but amusing.

Short back and sides, youthful dark skin, zero facial hair… he really stood out as the youngest in appearance, when in reality he was the third oldest. He was born Frank Baker, but adopted the name Auron Wraith when the others rebranded themselves.

Carmine… was his usual silent self. He had a book in his hand, reading, making it look like he wasn’t paying attention. I knew him better though. He was taking everything in. Cold, calculating, manipulative… Carmine worked in the shadows most of the time. He had screwed over Geoff and the others many times in the past regarding business deals, but never me. He’s tried for decades to beat me, but so far… he’s been unsuccessful. The others don’t know he’s done this to them, but I do. Carmine used to go by Michael Spencer, but then when Geoff renamed himself, Mikey just had to one-up him, so he renamed himself Carmine Grimsbane.

So that’s our little group of associates attempting to end the world.

“Victoria… what do we do now?” Raven asked me.

“I… don’t know. I think we need to do a bit more research, find out more about this demon. We don’t know what would happen if we tried to manipulate her to reward us, or what would happen if we sent her back. I suggest we interrogate her, then decide.”

“Well I’m not going near her…” Geoff quickly added, clearly scared of the demonic hellspawn currently trapped in my cellar.

“Fine. Leave then. Anyone else want to go with me to interrogate her?” I asked, looking around at the nervous faces of my associates.

Not a single one of them looked like they were brave enough to come with me.

“Go then. Leave me with her. Come back tomorrow, I’ll update you then.”

“You… want to be left alone… with the demon?” Geoff’s voice quivered in fear.

“Well none of you are brave enough to join me. So there’s no use being here. I doubt she’ll give up any information quickly, so there’s no point in staying. I’ll tell you tomorrow if I’ve gotten anything out of her. So go… leave.” I ordered, fed up with the cowardice within our ranks.

Geoff quickly shot up out of his seat and happily left the study, power walking down the hallway towards the front door.

“Wow… he really is scared…” I laughed.

“I don’t… blame him…” Raven nervously stood up out of her chair.

“Oh come on, you too Raven? You were ready to bring in the end days… and now you’re scared of one little demon?” I replied.

“It’s different… we planned to have a baby that we’d raise… that would eventually bring on the end times and reshape the world in our image. It would have taken decades to get to that point. This… is an ACTUAL FREAKING DEMON!”

I shrugged my shoulders, trying to act unaffected, when in reality… my stomach was doing flips at the thought of having to go back down there to face that demon.

Carmine left without a word, as usual, before Raven could even turn around to leave. Lucius and Auron followed suit and walked towards the door before stopping suddenly.

“Good luck.” Auron said, leaving quickly to catch up with Carmine.

“Keep us updated…” Lucius didn’t even look at me before walking off.

Leaving me and Raven alone together.

“I… umm…” She mumbled.

“Leaving me to do all the dirty work. Thanks. I thought we had each other's back.”

“I wanted a baby to look after and raise with you and the boys. I didn’t want… Hell to show up. At least not yet.”

“Fine, just go Raven.” I waved my hand, shooing her off. 

I had enough of all of them. 

My associates had all gotten in their expensive cars and left, driving away from my estate.

I was alone once again, in my study still, nervous about my impending task.

Taking a deep breath, I sat up and pressed the button on my telephone that was sitting at the edge of my desk.

“Yes Miss?” Came the comforting voice from the other end of the intercom.

“Can you bring me the MacAlister 82, Beatrice dear?”

“Special occasion, Ma’am?” She replied.

“Sort of. Two glasses please.”

“Yes Ma’am.”

Eeeee! I'm so glad you're all liking this story so much already! And this chapter really starts to show just who both of the two main characters are.?

Also just a quick note: I don't mind people saving this story for personal reading. But I'd appreciate it if people didn't post it elsewhere, even if you're just suggesting it to other people. If you want to show others, please send them a link to the first page of this post! Thanks!

• Like 11

Loving Nia! I appreciate the development of all the characters (which you do so well in all your stories) and can’t wait to see how you build the relationship between Nia and Victoria. Given her snarky personality, Nia’s “interrogation” should prove to be hilarious. ?

Interesting... Did the spell glitch and grab the wrong target? Or was the lore misunderstood? ?

On 11/11/2022 at 6:55 PM, Moon3ye said:

It is obvious why she is the leader.

All the others are idiotic, outdated conservative old idiots.

I am curious which of them will survive.

And how she will deal with the demon.

?? Love that you instantly assume they won't survive.

On 11/12/2022 at 1:26 AM, FloridaKid said:

Loving Nia! I appreciate the development of all the characters (which you do so well in all your stories) and can’t wait to see how you build the relationship between Nia and Victoria. Given her snarky personality, Nia’s “interrogation” should prove to be hilarious. ?

Nia has been SO MUCH FUN TO WRITE!

Getting to let my inner snarky brat out whilst writing this has been so much fun!

On 11/13/2022 at 3:50 PM, YourFNF said:

Interesting... Did the spell glitch and grab the wrong target? Or was the lore misunderstood? ?

Oooooh! Both good theories!

On 11/14/2022 at 7:27 PM, kerry said:

So vastly different from your other stuff, but this one is beginning very well. You set up worlds very easily!

Thank you! I'm glad it stands out, I wanted to try something a bit different and I'm glad people are enjoying it so much.

I'm very good at coming up with ideas for stories, worlds, plotlines and story twists. It's so nice to get to be able to put some of my ideas out there in story format.

Chapter 4: Interrogation

-Niathruxzon-

They had been gone for a while now. So long that I had picked my GameGirl back up off the cold stone floor and sat down to continue my game whilst I waited for someone to return.

I had no idea why I was here, or what they wanted from me. It was clear I wasn’t the intended target of their summoning… I mean… Why would I be? I’m a low level demon, unheard of because I rarely visit Earth. I’m not mentioned in any ancient texts or prophecies like my brothers and sisters. Because whilst they were up Earth causing havoc, spreading disease, torturing and killing people, possessing people and causing all kinds of chaos… I was… umm… asleep.

Dark ages? Yeah… that was a long nap for me.

World War I and II? Okay for that one I was awake… but I may have been on vacation on a beach somewhere far away from the conflict, possessing a lovely young woman. I gave her back her body in full working order though, don’t worry. I even extended her life by a couple of decades and got rid of that back pain she had as a thank you present. My supervisor gave me so much shit for that. “You’re a demon, for Lucifer’s sake, act like one!” I remember him yelling at me.

This is why I’m surprised I’m here, in this cellar, stuck in a binding circle. No one should know who I am. No one would ever want to summon me. I kept myself off people’s radar so I wouldn’t have to deal with this shit.

The nerds had all shuffled off to talk about what to do with me, leaving me alone in the cold, dark cellar. But hey, at least they summoned me with my game, so I had something to do. So as I sat cross-legged on the cold floor, I attempted the next level.

I was so close to beating this level… but then I heard footsteps. I wasn’t sure how much time had passed, I was too engrossed in my game to keep track of the time.

‘Ugh… but… game… nearly finished… umm… fine…’ I thought to myself, pausing my game and shoving it back into the pocket in my hoodie, standing up quickly so I could appear more intimidating to the culty weirdos. If I was stuck like this, I’d at least have some fun with it.

But I remember there being six of them… so why could I hear only one set of footsteps coming down the wooden stairs?

I struck my most fearsome, intimidating pose, ready to strike fear into whomever dared come down here. Head down, eyes looking up, hands behind my back, tail whipping around behind me… I wasn’t sure if this was actually intimidating, but it’s the first thing that came to mind. Like I said… not used to doing this, I normally just torture nerds in Hell.

The cellar door creaked open…

…And in walked… her.

‘Shit. Not again. Please. No…’ I thought to myself, struggling to maintain my pose as my body felt… weak.

I nervously looked up at the blonde woman from before… the one from the middle of the circle I was currently stuck in. And still… She was gorgeous. Even more so now, now that she had changed from that ridiculous robe to a smart pantsuit, her blouse buttoned up just enough to show off a bit of cleavage.

Which made me think about her ta-tas once again. I couldn’t get that image out of my head. Seeing her on full display… made my body tingle. In a way it had never… tingled.

Walking closer to the circle, she never dropped eye contact, making me feel even more nervous, which made keeping this pose up even more difficult as the seconds passed by.

“So…” She said, in that angelic voice of hers.

My stomach flipped as her voice resonated in my ears, and my knees felt weak once again. I had kept it together earlier, but now… it was getting impossible to keep up my act.

“So why did you summon me?” I asked, trying to sound as confident as I could. As confident as she seemed.

“No, I’m asking the questions here…” She snapped back, surprising me and making me blush.

If it wasn’t for my scarlet red skin… she’d have seen what she was doing to my cheeks.

“Are you… blushing?” She asked.

“Wait… what?” I gasped.

“You are… but… why?” She smiled.

“I… umm… shut up mortal!”

“No… I’m going to ask you questions, and you’re going to answer them. Do you understand?” She said in an authoritative voice. Like a sexy Headmistress. Or a sexy detective. Or a sexy… well you get the idea.

“Umm… y… yes…” I mumbled, surprised at the effect she was having on me.

“What? I can’t hear you?” She raised her voice.

“YES MISS!” I shouted, tensing my body and closing my eyes.

Miss?” She asked, surprised. She looked just as surprised as I was right now.

“I… I mean… yes… mortal…” I put on my deep, intimidating voice again.

“So… you’re a demon… from Hell?”

“Yes.” I replied.

“What’s your name?”

“N… Niathruxzon…” I said timidly, finding myself unsure as to why I was actually answering her.

“How old are you?”

“I… umm… I’m 400 years old.”

“You’re awfully honest with me, I thought demons were meant to lie and deceive…”

“I… umm…”

“Why are you so nervous around me?” She asked, looking at me directly in the eyes, making me look nervously at the floor as she put her hand to her chin whilst she stood at the edge of the binding circle.

“I… shut up…” I blurted out in defence.

“No, you shut up.” She replied.

“Eeep!” I put my hands to my mouth, shocked that she was actually having an effect on me. I’m not even sure what effect that is, but something about her… felt… like I had to tell her.

“Hmm… right, tell me… Why are you here?”

“I… honestly have no idea. You summoned me, and I’m here. That’s all I know.”

“We didn’t summon you though, we summoned the Child of Darkness.”

“Child of Darkness? Who the fuck is that?”

“Language…”

I felt myself recoil at the way she talked to me, as if punched in the stomach. I have never felt like this, it was like… she had control of me.

“I… sorry…” I replied, without meaning to.

“That’s better. Now, you don’t know of the Child of Darkness? The bringer of the end times?”

I giggled.

“No! As if we have kids in Hell... Let alone one that could destroy the world! At least… I don’t think we do. I’m… not exactly high up in the ranks. I mostly keep to myself. Maybe we do have kids? But I thought all kids went to purgatory or Heaven. Maybe I’m mistaken though…”

“Wait… so you’re not even a high rank demon? You’re just a low level grunt?” She asked, sounding disappointed.

“I… wouldn’t even say that.” I shrugged.

“What are you then?”

I wanted to lie. I wanted to tell her I was the head honcho, the big cheese, second in command to the Lord of Darkness… but really I was a nobody. I was the one most demons forgot about.

“I’m… a nobody.” I sighed.

“Oh…” She didn’t seem surprised or angry about my rank or the fact that she had gotten me instead of whatever this ‘child of darkness’ was. She sounded almost… concerned. “So what do you do in Hell?”

“I… torture nerds.”

“You… torture them? How?”

“I beat them at video games.”

She started laughing.

Yet I didn’t feel angry or annoyed or anything at the fact she was laughing at my job, my trade… my special interest. In fact her laugh made me feel… good? Happy?

“You beat nerds at video games in Hell? That’s your job? Seriously?”

“Hey! I do my job just great, thank you very much. If anything, it works so well it makes other departments seem obsolete!” I bragged. I mean… sure… it was technically true, but it wasn’t that impressive. She was right, it was still just beating nerds at video games. 

“D’aww, I’m sure it does!” She said in a teasing tone.

Oh.

My.

Lucifer.

What the fuck was this feeling? Why was my body feeling like it was on fire? Why did this human have so much power over me?

It was like I was putty in her hands, my body melting as she teased me.

“I… shut up!” I snapped back.

“D’aww, what’s up, sweetie?”

That name… ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

My brain stopped working as she talked down to me like I was a kid.

“I… so… umm… What are you going to do with me?” I asked her, nervously.

“I’m not sure yet. Some of my associates want to use you as a bargaining chip to summon the Child of Darkness. Some want to make a bargain with you for… boons.”

“I’m not a crossroads demon. I can’t make deals. Or at least… I’ve never done it before…”

“Wait… never?” She asked, surprised.

“I… spend most of my time in Hell, in my own lair. I gain the lifeforce I need there, and I never have to visit Earth. I never get summoned, I’m not really known, and the only times I do actually visit Earth is to have a little vacation.”

“So you’re not much of a demon, are you?” She said, somehow not sounding condescending.

“Hey! I am! I just… don’t operate like my siblings…”

My tail wrapped itself around my body, something it only does when I’m nervous. Which is very rare, it’s only happened once or twice in my long lifetime.

“So… Can you offer deals?” She asked.

“I… I guess. But I can’t promise you they’ll be any good. Never done it before…”

I still couldn’t believe how honest I was with her. And how… nice too.

She just stood at the edge of the binding circle, hand on her chin, thinking.

“Let me think about it. Do you want anything? I brought a lovely bottle of MacAlister 82, if you want some?” She offered.

“I don’t drink. Often anyway. But no thanks.” I replied.

“Do demons… eat?”

“I mean… if you’ve got any crisps or energy drinks? My energy levels are running a bit low.”

“Energy drinks? Crisps? Don’t tell me you live on junk food?”

“I mean no, I live on life force, but I like human junk food.”

“Oh sweetie. We’re changing that. Let me go get you something proper to eat…” She said, sounding genuinely concerned and compassionate.

She began walking away, out of the cellar.

“NO WAIT!” I shouted back, without even meaning to, my hand reaching out as if trying to grab her to stop her.

“Why?” she asked, turning back around to face me.

I had no idea why. I just felt… wrong… as soon as she was about to leave. Even more so than when she left earlier.

“I… want to spend more time with you…” I replied, nervously.

“Why?” She asked, seeming intrigued by my behaviour.

“I… don’t know. I…”

“Okay then… one question. And be truthful with me. What would happen if I let you out of this binding circle?”

“I…” I wanted to lie, but the problem is… the lie would basically be the same as the truth. 

Because whilst I wanted to pretend that I’d be nice and friendly and then ultimately stab her in the back, escaping to hell… for some reason I felt bound to this woman, and the thought of being away from her made my chest feel heavy. So either way… I wouldn’t do anything to this woman, and I wouldn’t escape. I couldn’t escape.

“I wouldn’t kill you.” I hung my head in defeat, still shocked by my honesty.

“Because you can’t.” She replied, as if she knew the answer all along.

“I… can’t.”

“Why?”

“I DON’T KNOW! OKAY! MAYBE IT’S THIS FUCKED UP SUMMONING?” I snapped back at her. “I wanted to claw your face apart, then torture your friends… but as soon as I looked at you in the eyes… I was powerless. And now I can’t help but be honest with you and I think I’m bound to this plane and I FUCKING HATE IT!”

“Language…”

Another shot to the heart shut me up instantly.

“Sorry…” I mumbled.

“Now… I don’t know what that summoning spell did to us, but I feel… a connection between the two of us. So… I’m going to trust you and let you out of the circle. You’re then going to follow me, and we’re going to go get some dinner together, something proper. Got that?” She ordered.

“Umm… yes… sure…” I replied, defeated.

Bending down, she hesitantly scratched the outside of the binding circle, breaking it and therefore breaking its hold on me.

“Why are you trusting me? Don’t you think I’m going to stab you in the back or try to torture you?” I asked as I nervously stepped out of the circle, looking at her waiting hand that she was holding up for me to take.

“Because you trusted me.” She said.

“And how can you be so sure of that?”

“That binding circle would have sent tremendous amounts of pain through your body if you were lying. Geoff may be an arsehole, but he knows his craft. We knew that if we summoned something… else… that we had to be ready.”

“So you knew I was telling the truth? The whole time?”

“Yes. Which was surprising when you didn’t get shocked once.” She smiled.

“I… let’s just go get food… I’m starving…”

I took her hand, my tail uncoiling itself from my waist, as she escorted me out of the cellar.

• Like 11