LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The mailbox is gone.

So, I needed to mail a package, spent all day printing up a shipping label. USPS wouldn't accept my cards for some reason. Stamps.com worked, autocorrected the address, removing the APT/SUITE number and just putting in the street address again. So I had to refund that....then stamps.com isn't accepting my cards either. Have to call customer support, they do eventually get it resolved, very kind people over there. Anyway, I look at the temperature, and it's like 97.6F outside. I sit there and think "well the mailbox isn't that far, I'm sure I'll be fine." I walk over to where we usually drop off the mail. I know the direction and the general whereabouts of the mailbox, but not it's exact location. So, I'm walking on the street that the mailbox is on, and I don't see it, so I walk further (usually my wife is with me, but today I went alone.) I ended up going far past where the mailbox is supposed to be, no mailbox anywhere. On the way back I look on the side of the street where the mailbox is supposed to be, nothing.

The mailbox is gone.

• Sad 1

With your story I'm really hating computer programmers -- especially those who work in government. I was a programmer in the past -- never for government as I would really hate that. Seems like the USPS has also gone to hell. I'm lucky to get mail -- much less send it.

24 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

They have been phasing out the street boxes because of bomb threats. You can request a package pick up from usps.com

Yet another USPS feature I can never get to work. I despise things moving to digital. Not everyone has a phone, not everyone has a computer. Apparently, restaurants are trying to lock their menus behind QR codes now, which is absolutely ridiculous. These systems are explicitly designed to turn away certain groups of people. I will fight tooth and nail against the removal of physical things in favor of objectively inferior counterparts. It seems I'm not the only one, either.

I did end up mailing the package, my apartment has an outgoing mailbox, but I wasn't sure if employees could access that. I don't want people to tamper with my mail, I don't even trust the post office. I asked today, and apparently they do not have a key, only USPS does. I also still have a street box by a grocery store, so that's nice.

19 hours ago, kasarberang said:

Yet another USPS feature I can never get to work. I despise things moving to digital. Not everyone has a phone, not everyone has a computer. Apparently, restaurants are trying to lock their menus behind QR codes now, which is absolutely ridiculous. These systems are explicitly designed to turn away certain groups of people. I will fight tooth and nail against the removal of physical things in favor of objectively inferior counterparts. It seems I'm not the only one, either.

And yet people are worried about China, Russia, Israel, etc having too much access to their personal information.  Well shit, that wasn't a problem until people started trying to digitize everything.  Quite a stupid problem to have.

P.S. Most resteraunts will still give you a paper menu if you ask for one.

6 minutes ago, Firefly 35 said:

And yet people are worried about China, Russia, Israel, etc having too much access to their personal information.  Well shit, that wasn't a problem until people started trying to digitize everything.  Quite a stupid problem to have.

P.S. Most resteraunts will still give you a paper menu if you ask for one.

Yep,  a stupid problem to have and a lot of it is voluntary, there are alternative services, people just don't want to use them. They can't even fathom the idea of having to pay for a service, meanwhile they complain about how their "free" services are misusing the data they willingly give over.

I've never been to a restaurant that did that yet, but I will keep that in mind. The individuals talking about it made it seem like it was something you had to deal with, like there was no possible way to get a paper menu.

On 8/15/2022 at 7:43 PM, kasarberang said:

I am in agreement with you @kasarberang One thing I hate the most are those kiosks in most fast food restaurants.  I also hate the self checkouts in most supermarkets these days.  Most people do not know how to use those machines nor why should they learn.  We do not get paid to ring in our own food or at the grocery store check out our own products.  Companies are getting to cheap to hire the right people for the job.  When I was just working in Mcdonalds these last few months I got in a fight with the new store manager over the self checkout.  I told him I can get people to spend more by me asking would you like to make that large.  He said that the kiosk will make more then I would I told him that is not true.  Plus I told him that a lot of people do not know how to use the he said we can help them use it. 

I then told him that why bother when they could have just came to the register and I would have taken care of them.

Well I am not working there any longer.  I am done with idiot companies. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

I am in agreement with you @kasarberang One thing I hate the most are those kiosks in most fast food restaurants.  I also hate the self checkouts in most supermarkets these days.  Most people do not know how to use those machines nor why should they learn.  We do not get paid to ring in our own food or at the grocery store check out our own products.  Companies are getting to cheap to hire the right people for the job.  When I was just working in Mcdonalds these last few months I got in a fight with the new store manager over the self checkout.  I told him I can get people to spend more by me asking would you like to make that large.  He said that the kiosk will make more then I would I told him that is not true.  Plus I told him that a lot of people do not know how to use the he said we can help them use it. 

I then told him that why bother when they could have just came to the register and I would have taken care of them.

I will disagree about the fast food kiosk. My wife and I can't see the menus, and before they added the kiosks, we asked employees what they had, and they just told us to look at the menu, even after we said we couldn't see it. So yes, I do appreciate the fast food kiosks. Otherwise, I'm with you, self-checkouts, especially if you're buying produce is annoying.

There’s no such thing as, a phone booth anymore either! So don’t go looking for one. 

I do embrace many new things that have come along, but some I do not. Self checkout tops my hate list! I’m not about to go to work, at a store I’m shopping in! (Do you need a Union card for self checkouts?) ? 

And now, you can’t get a damn bag, to haul your goods away in! Didn’t bring your own? You can buy some ? Where’s all that money going, since the big stores no longer need to provide a bag for you? Ain’t going in my pocket, don’t see prices on the shelves going down, because the store no longer buys bags! ? This runs into millions, of found money for big stores. Not to mention, how much profit will they be skimming off bags, I’m forced to buy, if I show up bagless? And one more thing, no more in store small carry around baskets, for when you only need a few items, GONE! They no longer need to but those as well. You might walk out with those, since there’s no more bags offered ? 

Sorry, I know this was more about mail, and finding a mailbox, or not finding one, but it all comes together. And it adds up to, more profits for the big guys, less convenience for us, slogging it out in this world, and us spending more money too. 
So, enjoy that self checkout, with no carry out bags ?

2 hours ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

You are preaching to the choir!  I won't go to McDonalds again and have even written letters (emails) to the district manager and corporate headquarters!  No reply.  Do they honestly know how much business they are loosing by catering to the younger people and cutting out the older people who grew up on Big Mac's and Quarter Pounders?  That generation is what built their business over the years and now they don't even matter.  I've posted here before about stopping there last December, no one at the counter, a sign saying you must order from the kiosks.  Both my brother and I could not get the order to go through and tried to get a manager for help but to no avail.  Finally we walked out and it was only when we were half way to the car that the manager came running after us.  TOO LATE NOW!! 

Even today I had to try and get to something by scanning the QR code.  It was the only way I could get there but my smart phone was unable to work on QR codes.  When I tried to download Google Lens is said my phone was not compatible.  I only just got it this past February!   Fine, cater to the 20 and 30 year olds if you want, but don't totally rely on that technology and shut out those with older or no smart phones!  Let the young people use it if they want but have someone to help the older folks too!  We are not Russia!  We don't have to be forced by "THE PARTY" to buy an I-phone or other equipment in order to live our lives.

Stores have it good!  The amount in packages gets smaller (I remember when a regular bag of potato chips was 16 ounces).  The price goes up and now you get less, pay more and have to do all the work yourself ringing up and bagging your own groceries!  I remember before the self checkout stands they had them manned with cashiers with signs "8 items or less".  Now you have idiots with a full cart of groceries holding everyone up by using the self check outs.  Like Eddie said, half of them don't know how to use them and have to wait for help, the other half of the machines make an error or break down and you have to wait for help.

The sad thing is young people don't remember how things were 40 or 50 years ago when someone rang up your groceries, a bag boy packaged them up and took them to your car for you.  They don't know of when an attendant pumped your gas and checked your oil or a trained shoe salesman measured your feet and got you the proper sized shoes.  Customer service is all but dead these days and it's a shame younger people will grow up thinking that doing all the work yourself and paying for it is just the way things should be. 

17 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

You are preaching to the choir!  I won't go to McDonalds again and have even written letters (emails) to the district manager and corporate headquarters!  No reply.  Do they honestly know how much business they are loosing by catering to the younger people and cutting out the older people who grew up on Big Mac's and Quarter Pounders?  That generation is what built their business over the years and now they don't even matter.  I've posted here before about stopping there last December, no one at the counter, a sign saying you must order from the kiosks.  Both my brother and I could not get the order to go through and tried to get a manager for help but to no avail.  Finally we walked out and it was only when we were half way to the car that the manager came running after us.  TOO LATE NOW!! 

Even today I had to try and get to something by scanning the QR code.  It was the only way I could get there but my smart phone was unable to work on QR codes.  When I tried to download Google Lens is said my phone was not compatible.  I only just got it this past February!   Fine, cater to the 20 and 30 year olds if you want, but don't totally rely on that technology and shut out those with older or no smart phones!  Let the young people use it if they want but have someone to help the older folks too!  We are not Russia!  We don't have to be forced by "THE PARTY" to buy an I-phone or other equipment in order to live our lives.

Stores have it good!  The amount in packages gets smaller (I remember when a regular bag of potato chips was 16 ounces).  The price goes up and now you get less, pay more and have to do all the work yourself ringing up and bagging your own groceries!  I remember before the self checkout stands they had them manned with cashiers with signs "8 items or less".  Now you have idiots with a full cart of groceries holding everyone up by using the self check outs.  Like Eddie said, half of them don't know how to use them and have to wait for help, the other half of the machines make an error or break down and you have to wait for help.

The sad thing is young people don't remember how things were 40 or 50 years ago when someone rang up your groceries, a bag boy packaged them up and took them to your car for you.  They don't know of when an attendant pumped your gas and checked your oil or a trained shoe salesman measured your feet and got you the proper sized shoes.  Customer service is all but dead these days and it's a shame younger people will grow up thinking that doing all the work yourself and paying for it is just the way things should be. 

@rusty pins You do not know how many fights I have gotten in at a Mcdonalds over those stupid kiosks.  I was in Knoxville Tenn not to long ago.  I was just finished doing uber eats and I went to a Mcdonalds for a milkshake. 

For my hour trip home.  Well I was standing at the register waiting and waiting andI was watching the crew and a manager work.  Well I waited about 15 - 20 min and then I said may I have some help over here.  The manager then told me that I needed to use the kiosk I then told her no I will not use that machine. 

I do not like them and there not easy to use.  It turned out into a fight with me and that manager and I was then told to leave.  I then as I was walking out I told her to F herself.  And walked out and as I did that someone in the Mcdonalds said OOH hell no and I said oh hell yea she can go F her self. 

The next day I went back there and explained it to the store manager and she appologized to me and told me that she will be talking to that manager about the way she treated me. 

I told her I can not use that machine and I did not want to the store manager said that I shouldn't have to if i didn't want to.

All these fast food restaurants can go and F themselves if they keep that crap up. 

10 minutes ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

@rusty pins You do not know how many fights I have gotten in at a Mcdonalds over those stupid kiosks.  I was in Knoxville Tenn not to long ago.  I was just finished doing uber eats and I went to a Mcdonalds for a milkshake. 

For my hour trip home.  Well I was standing at the register waiting and waiting andI was watching the crew and a manager work.  Well I waited about 15 - 20 min and then I said may I have some help over here.  The manager then told me that I needed to use the kiosk I then told her no I will not use that machine. 

I do not like them and there not easy to use.  It turned out into a fight with me and that manager and I was then told to leave.  I then as I was walking out I told her to F herself.  And walked out and as I did that someone in the Mcdonalds said OOH hell no and I said oh hell yea she can go F her self. 

The next day I went back there and explained it to the store manager and she appologized to me and told me that she will be talking to that manager about the way she treated me. 

I told her I can not use that machine and I did not want to the store manager said that I shouldn't have to if i didn't want to.

All these fast food restaurants can go and F themselves if they keep that crap up. 

That's stupid, no store should REQUIRE you to use the machines. My wife and I use them because we can't see the menu's, and it's easier than having a lady explain what they have. But if we know what we need before going into the store, I will always decide to go to the register. I view the kiosk as more of an accessibility feature as opposed to a mandatory means of getting food.

13 minutes ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

100% agree!  There should never be a time in any fast food place where you can't get waited on at the counter by an employee who will take your order directly from you and ring up your purchase.  I go to Wendy's, Burger King, Taco Bell, Long John Silvers and just about any fast food place and McDonalds is the only one where they do not wait on people and force them to use those kiosks.  I don't ever go to McDonalds anymore, and I can look up the recipe on line for their Big Mac special sauce and make it myself! 

I have had McDonalds district managers contact me and offer me a free meal (oh, that's smart!  Piss off you customers and then have to give them free food!).  The least that manager should have done is not only tell you she would be talking with the offending manager but offering you a lot of free food to take home with you!  I would have contacted the district manager myself and have done so many times at many places after poor service.  Words might not mean much, but actions show you really care by offering you free food for the way they treated you, and that goes a lot farther in making up for poor service and bad treatment by an employee.

7 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

100% agree!  There should never be a time in any fast food place where you can't get waited on at the counter by an employee who will take your order directly from you and ring up your purchase.  I go to Wendy's Burger King, Taco Bell, Long John Silvers and just about any fast food place and McDonalds is the only one where they do not wait on people and force them to use those kiosks.  I don't ever go to McDonalds anymore, and I can look up the recipe on line for their Big Mac special sauce and make it myself!

you probably could get Mac sauce off of Ebay or something.  Though all Mac Sauce really is thousand Island dressing

Regarding the whole Mail thing.... I rarely mail anything, I pay my bills online. However, I do go to the post office sometimes to mail in a rebate offer. I don't carry stamps, so I just go to the counter and buy 1 as I need them.

What cracks me up EVERYTIME - I hand the clerk my envelope and tell her I need postage on it. The envelope only has a receipt and a rebate form in it. It's all of 1/16 of an inch thick. EVERYTIME she asks me "Is there anything flammable, explosive, fragile, or breakable in it??" I always look at her... like really?? and say no.

Last week, when I went there, she gave me the same speech. I said "No, but there's a small puppy in there, should I punch some air holes in it?"  Her look told me she wasn't amused. 

• Haha 1

"EVERYTIME she asks me"  She may be required to ask everyone that, and is probably more sick of it than you are.

I buy and sell stuff on ebay, and there's a little branch post office about 2 miles from the house. I do a couple hundred dollars a month there, so needless to say I have a pretty good relationship with the folks there, and with my carrier.

But regardless of that, just not coming in there with an attitude helps....

• Like 1
On 8/17/2022 at 4:29 PM, rusty pins said:

it's a shame younger people will grow up thinking that doing all the work yourself and paying for it is just the way things should be. 

Meal kits are another thing I will never invest in.  "Let's charge people resteraunt price for a meal they have to prepare and cook themselves and provide their own pots/pans/silverware/etc and do their own dishes"

There's a reason why going out to eat is somewhat expensive; they do all of that work for you.

• Like 2

I quit using mail drop boxes on the street as they caught a thief that had a battery powered vacuum and would stick the hose in the drop box and use it to pick envelopes up out of the box.

Since many people use the boxes to mail bills with checks in them, the guy was using a solvent to remove the writing on them and making them out to him.

What  got him caught was people knew they never wrote a check to him and he used his real name. Meth heads do strange things that get them caught.

• Like 1