LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Confidry 24/7

I hears so much about them over the years on this site.  They were the big one several years back and I always wanted to try them.  At the last minute I ordered Betterdry instead.  Next order I did get the Confidry 24/7 diapers and, to be honest, I didn't like them nearly as much as Abena and Betterdry.  I guess delaying buying them for 5 years left other newer brands available that I liked better.  Good diaper, just didn't fit as well or do it for me.

• Like 1

Up here in the great white north the Confidry 24/7's are more expensive than the Betterdry. I prefer the sizing and absorbancy on the Betterdry.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Nia said:

Up here in the great white north the Confidry 24/7's are more expensive than the Betterdry. I prefer the sizing and absorbancy on the Betterdry.

Betterdry was the same price today, but I wasn't sure about them and I used to like the Confidry.

• Like 1

I have a kind of love/hate thing with these.....so I'm on the fence. They seem to perform well, though I have read that quality changed significantly after they moved production from Israel to the US. I think I tried them before that happened and I liked them. .....but anyways, the sizing is really strange, I wear mediums, but they seem like they would fit someone much bigger. I can squeeze into smalls....and larges, if I tried one, you more than likely would never see me again!!! It would swallow me whole!! ??

Performance wise, I have had disappointments with leaks!!!! Press out leaks while sitting /driving....even a leak while shopping! ?? which was a surprise....! I had to pee, so I started and immediatly started feeling something running down my leg ??

WTF?? The thing was hardly wet......UGH!! So between trying to get them to fit right, and the odd, weird leaks.....I really don't know. 

I mean, I 'want' to like them, being over sized is a kind of bonus way of saying " you are wearing a diaper, no doubt about it!! "

But I feel I can't trust them....I have a couple left in a bag.....but hesitate to wear them for fear of them failing at in opportune times...so from all this, buyer be ware, but then again....may be it is just me..... Andmay be I should give them another chance

*sigh*

• Like 2

My morning ConfiDry 24/7 is very wet and messy, and is doing a great job with no leaks, even sitting here there are no press-out leaks. I think that ConfiDry 24/7 diapers are a little more discreet than Better Dry or Crinklz diaper because the don't seem to swell up as much when wet. I may have to try one for work today, shirt untucked in a casual business atmosphere.

• Like 3

Half a decade ago the Dry 24/7s were some of the best adult diapers you could find. Then they switched manufactures and the quality went down the toilet. They will feel like cardboard and take forever to absorb anything but the tapes are the strongest out there.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MegaChar said:

Half a decade ago the Dry 24/7s were some of the best adult diapers you could find. Then they switched manufactures and the quality went down the toilet. They will feel like cardboard and take forever to absorb anything but the tapes are the strongest out there.

I wonder why they switched manufacturers.? Hopefully they can get that top quality back one day. I would LOVE to see that!??♥️????????♥️??♥️???????

2 hours ago, BabyJeggySpideyBoy said:

I wonder why they switched manufacturers.? Hopefully they can get that top quality back one day. I would LOVE to see that!??♥️????????♥️??♥️???????

The reason is always money. They want more of it and will sacrifice quality to get it

The reduction in quality has happened to very good diapers out there. First it was Attends to suffer, then down the road the tranquility ATN, and now Dry 24/7 is being flushed down the toilet. Every time you find a good diaper it soon goes to shit. I wish they would just leave them alone.

It's funny.  Manufacturers never realize people buy their products because they like it!  It's perfect!  That's not good enough, though, so they start to change things.  Whether that's to try and get more people to buy it or to save money, it doesn't matter.  Their fresh out of college young snips in marketing convince the company to make changes to "keep up with the market" and instead it usually ends up with a more inferior product and loss of income, profits and sales as people look for different products to fulfill their needs.  If they have to raise their price a bit to keep up with costs, the average consumer understand as long as the quality is there.  What they won't accept is changing a good product into something not as good.  People never learn.  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

• Thanks 1

Well, first of all, it's not likely that many in the industry actually use the products they make.  Second, we have to lay a big chunk of blame at the medical insurance industry because they will only pay "so much"... so manufacturers have to find ways to make a product at the price point insurance will pay.  I realize they need to keep premiums down somehow, but you reach a point where cost cutting actually results in higher costs!

13 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

Well, first of all, it's not likely that many in the industry actually use the products they make.  Second, we have to lay a big chunk of blame at the medical insurance industry because they will only pay "so much"... so manufacturers have to find ways to make a product at the price point insurance will pay.  I realize they need to keep premiums down somehow, but you reach a point where cost cutting actually results in higher costs!

@Crinklz Kat

you are so right Sir! No one who actually recommends the products that they sell actually use them! The reason why the medical industry is getting away with what they're getting away with, is because no one is willing to pay for quality products: I know people are gonna tell me " they have quality products out there and it's good", but when you end up hearing that the insurance industry will not cover what you need without a hell of a lot of jumping through hoops, you get the idea that the industry seems to not give a damn about health or longevity. I'm not saying that you can't get what you need, because that is not exactly true, but it takes an act of Congress to get quality products that actually work well. When I hear companies tell you to double up and triple up on the products that they allow you to get every month, that just tells me that the stuff they're giving is not quality, and if they were willing to spend just a little bit more time and a little bit more money to make someone comfortable, it would make a hell hell of a lot of sense to make sure that you get what you need.

Because no one is going to pay for the quality products, the manufacturers have decided to cut the quality and the quality control almost to 0. When I started wearing diapers in 2019, I found that most of them if not all of them, with limited exception want you to use products that do not even work for many individuals. Severely incontinent individuals like myself for example, do not need to be using the cheapest stuff available, because all that will mean is that my comfort and way of life and my quality of life will take a severe dive because I can't get quality products that keep me dry comfortable and safe. You can also blame state Medicaid agencies for their stupid rules: because insurance will not pay for quality products, they make rules that state that everyone needs to be changed several times an hour, and the only reason they do this is because then they can get away with using cheap products. I have of the opinion that if someone used 100 mega maxes, you could wait at least two hours to two hours and 45 minutes between changes, and sometimes you can't change a person that much.

I also don't understand why, even though I understand that it happens, insurance companies tell you that they want you to stay healthy, and that is OK: but when you end up having a situation, like me with my inhaler meds, or my dad with his medication or his hoses or anything he needs, and they tell you that it cost$1000 a month for example to maintain supplies in your health, and they can get something for $50 as opposed to 1000, they will always go to $50, even at the expense of the person who is being treated. I even asked my state Medicaid agency if the idea here is that if something cost$5000 to keep someone healthy and alive, and you needed this piece of equipment, would you tell that person that they're not worth the $5000 a month? You need quality over quantity, and this is one of my main complaints: diapers have a reason to be used, they also are made in cloth and in plastic backed: that's not gonna change, but I would rather wear a mega Max diaper and be more comfortable and not be changed for three hours, then to end up having a prevail on and have to be changed every 15 minutes: people's quality of life is more important than paying next to nothing for the supplies. If you needed an oxygen hose that cost $5000 to save someone's life, and you can get it, would you spend the $5000, or would you end up trying to find a cheap way around everything else.

In life nothing is free and I understand that: but also understand that there are times in life when doing it the cheap way or the easy way is not the right way - when I have to ask my own state Medicaid agency what they cover, and they tell me that no one covers plastic back diapers at all, there is something seriously wrong with our system. Our government can spend millions of dollars on toilet seats and hammers and other things, but when it comes to health care they always shirk out and try to go cheap. One of these days, I swear someone is going to end up being the recipient of some sort of bad experience because they don't get quality products, they get quantity. A mega Max diaper is the best diaper around as far as I'm concerned, and it is built to be able to withstand anything you release within reason.

Insurance companies are out there just to make money and make it hard for people to get what they need and get what they want. Within reason, anything that is needed to help someone's quality of life be improved should be approved. Thanks to my doctor and my support teams, I have what I need, my mega maxes are working, and I wouldn't change that for anything. We all know that the law is supposed to make it so that people who take advantage of insurance companies and do things wrong get punished, but in my opinion it is the recipients and the rate payers of the policies they hold but don't get what they're supposed to because insurance is so worried about the cost rather than taking care of a patient and making sure the patient is well taken care of happy contented and safe. Let's hope someday insurance companies get a slap and they get told that they will be providing certain things: in my mind there is no reason why someone should not be able to get plastic backed quality diapers or other incontinent supplies: the insurance companies owe it to the people who they serve to make sure that what they are providing people is quality merchandise.

Finally, if someone is actually telling someone to use a product, as a consumer it does not make me feel any better to hear that the best way to get what you need is to hang up, and purchase it yourself. The purpose of insurance is to make sure that things that you need are covered. If I had to pay for all of my medicines I don't even want to know how much it would cost me, and if I had to pay for my last hospitalization it would have been so extreme that I probably would not want to pay for it nor would I want to see the bill. Healthcare is supposed to be set-up so that you keep the person healthy, so they don't have to be in the hospital all the time period if they have preexisting conditions, there is a reason why insurance exists: to cover a person who is experiencing some sort of issue: you're paying for the insurance, so you should be able to get certain things covered with no questions asked, and medical supplies should be of the highest quality possible. Part of the reason why things are so stupidly expensive is because of these companies who make a ton of money: for example my wheelchair probably costs$800 on its face, but because of all the special things they put on it, it probably will get up to 20 to $30,000 because someone is making a killing somewhere: parts that usually would cost 5 to $10 cost $500 to $1000 and that is ridiculous. They also use the word special needs, and that adds at least a couple $1000 or more onto the cost of any product made.

I still believe that insurance does help people: the only thing that I don't like is the fact that you have to cut through all of the red tape before you can get to what you actually need. I would hope that a patient does not have to die before someone realizes that not covering something because it's too expensive could result in someone's death. I don't care how much it costs, if somebody needs something to live and live in good health, cost should not be an object: maybe these insurance companies should be doing more than trying to figure out a way to go cheaper and cheaper for everything that you make, because cheaper does not necessarily make sense because the cheaper stuff does come out expensive in the end.

Sorry about being long winded: I hate insurance companies because of the fact that things that cost $500 cost 5,000,000, and the reason they do that is because they can get away with it and someone needs to reign in this industry before someone gets hurt

Brian

Cool....but I did warn you about the "you are definately wearing a DIAPER" message those things send. Glad they worked out for you though! ??

You might try fluffing them, to help get rid of some of the stifness, and it helps with absorbency and wicking...

11 hours ago, square_duck said:

Cool....but I did warn you about the "you are definately wearing a DIAPER" message those things send. Glad they worked out for you though! ??

You might try fluffing them, to help get rid of some of the stifness, and it helps with absorbency and wicking...

I'll try that tonight as one leaked on me this morning and it was definitely a wicking issue (one wet spot and leak)

• Thanks 1

24/7s were my go to diaper. Then I went to Rearz Inspire+. Both are great diapers. Today I’m going back to 24/7s. No real reason other than to change it up a bit. I hope they are still great diapers.

I'm torn on these. They are performing well, but I definitely know I am wet, where my beloved Bambino's keep me feeling dry. Feeling wet makes me feel less secure.

On 7/23/2022 at 10:23 AM, DailyDi said:

I'm torn on these. They are performing well, but I definitely know I am wet, where my beloved Bambino's keep me feeling dry. Feeling wet makes me feel less secure.

I don't experience the wet feeling with most diapers I use (including 24/7's), until I get close to the "critical stage," i.e. I know I am very wet and close to leaking. I don't like to leak on my pants, I suppose who does! I am very good at knowing when I need to change before I leak, but nothing is perfect. Most of the leaks I have had are in the category of a "press-out" leak with the crescent shaped wet mark in the back by the leg opening of my diaper.

14 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Have worn one to bed all week, and these certainly do get the job done, and the wet-feeling isn't enough to wake me up at night.

You only wore one all week??!!???? no wonder you feel bad!!! Dang dude....that sucker must be SOAKED....not to mention prolly a tad stinky.....wow!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
39 minutes ago, square_duck said:

You only wore one all week??!!???? no wonder you feel bad!!! Dang dude....that sucker must be SOAKED....not to mention prolly a tad stinky.....wow!!

Yeah DEFINITELY! I couldn't IMAGINE wearing the same one for a WEEK STRAIGHT.????????????????? I'd go insane, are you kidding me?! Talk about in need of a Diapee change! LOL!???????☺️????♥️?