LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapered at the dentist's....

I've been a bedwetter for several years now, but I've also developed urge incontinence in the last few years too. It's been steadily getting worse, to the point that I can't be away from a toilet for much more than an hour. My bladder capacity is 175ml to 200ml before I'll wet myself.

Yesterday afternoon, I had to see the dentist for some teeth problems. I knew it would probably be a few hours in the chair. The last few times I've seen my dentist, I wore a diaper. One time, I wet my diaper there, twice I made it thru ok. This time, I debated whether or not to go diapered, or chance it. (I guess I was feeling like a "Big Boy".) In the end, I wore a ConfiDry 24/7, along with some plastic pants, under my dress pants.  

I'm glad I made the right call... About an hour into it, my bladder started screaming at me, for about 2 minutes, then gave up the fight and drained into my diaper. Then about 45 minutes later, same thing - and my diaper got even wetter. Funny thing is, I tried to cut back on my fluid intake during the morning, but it didn't matter. By the time I left the dentist's office, I had a pretty full saggy diaper. I've read that urge incontinence can get worse as a person ages, I guess I'm the poster child for that!!

I'm just glad that we have better disposable diapers now days.. A Depends would have never made it for me yesterday!!

• Like 4

I'll wear plastic pants to the dentist more often than not...it gives me something non-dental to think about during the procedure. I may have gotten caught once though; I went under anesthesia for an extraction, and the dentist's assistant placed several contacts on my skin for tracking my heart rate etc, and one of those spots was low enough on my hip that she must have seen the red plastic panties I was wearing, but nothing was said then or after I came to. During the procedure...who knows?

And that's why I always go to my doctors appointments diapered. I never want to be caught with a soaked diaper where I have to change on the fly. I want to make sure I can make it home and do a diaper change. 

I know many times, I try to be a big girl and try to wear adult underwear but I know I'll be rushing to the potty every two hours and I know the adult baby in me that I will always be put back into diapers with a booster.

3 hours ago, Diapered Dave said:

I've read that urge incontinence can get worse as a person ages, I guess I'm the poster child for that!!

Welcome to my world. At my age now, my urge incontinence seems to get worse as I get older and older. I'm reaching that point where I can no longer try to be a big girl in an adult underwear and I am forced back into diapers.

2 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Same thing, long time in the chair +nervousness equals more leaks.

It's why I can never sit that long because I get so nervous that I have a chance to leak or poop. It's why I am always on the go and on the move.

• Like 1

I've never worn a diaper to my doctor's office but I have worn many times to my dentist's office. I'm just a dl and don't need to wear but I was wearing 24/7 at the time. I had on a fairly long sweatshirt and a pair of jeans a size too big. Pretty sure there was no way they could tell I was diapered. I don't want to push my kink onto someone that may or may not be into it. If you need to wear a diaper though just do it.

• Like 1

I think a dentist is focused on your mouth not your crotch. They get to see a lot of people of all ages and all of them have their own medical history. He or she will most likely know they had an incontinent person sitting in their chair at one time or another. If for one reason they see you being diapered they will most likely leave it for what it is and most definitely not connect it to a kink, unless you deliberately dress that way.

• Like 1

Going to the doctor diapered is an interesting experience. I’ve been to maybe 6 medical appointments per year since I went 24/7 (3 years ago), and almost all of them have not required that what I’m wearing under my clothes ever come into the picture. There are three exceptions so far. Once I was asked to undress and put on a gown for no reason, basically, and the nurse stayed in the room while I did it, although she was sorting a cabinet and didn’t watch me. But it increased my stress level, needless to say. Then the doctor came in and examined me and the gown never came off or up, she just listened to my chest, which she could have done through my shirt, I imagine. 

Once, a urologist asked me to pull my pants down unexpectedly, for an impromptu examination (unrelated to urinary issues), and then did not comment on the fact I had a pull-up on, or ask any questions, much to my surprise. It wasn't what I was there for, so he didn't care. And once, I was given a transparent disposable hospital gown for an MRI that I did not know was transparent, when I put it on in a dim changing cubical, until I emerged into a public waiting room that was lit up like an airport, wearing a big white diaper that was now glowing through the gown under the fluorescent lights. 

My rules for all such visits are: diaper as fresh and clean as possible, and, white diapers only. So far, nobody has ever said anything. My current family doctor, who is due to retire in the near future, has known me since I was a teenager, so I'm not planning to "come out" to him about wearing diapers, because he'd have a lot of questions, although I am also not going to avoid wearing them to his office. I'm just hoping that between now and when he hangs up his stethoscope, no nudity on my part is required, and if it is, that I'll have a chance to get changed into a gown first, and take my diaper off. Once I get a new doctor, my plan is to say that I've been wearing diapers for years (which will be true), and that it's not something I'm interested in pursuing a "cure" for. I suppose at that point, it will become part of my medical record. 

As for my dentist, he has never asked me to remove my pants, so I happily wear whatever diaper I feel like to those appointments. As @DailyDisaid, sometimes you're in the chair for long stretches. 

• Like 2

I always w

22 hours ago, vvp39 said:

I'll wear plastic pants to the dentist more often than not...it gives me something non-dental to think about during the procedure. I may have gotten caught once though; I went under anesthesia for an extraction, and the dentist's assistant placed several contacts on my skin for tracking my heart rate etc, and one of those spots was low enough on my hip that she must have seen the red plastic panties I was wearing, but nothing was said then or after I came to. During the procedure...who knows?

I agree with you, I always wear a nappy and babypants to the Dentist.  No worries about leaks and it's nice to feel the trickle if it happens.

• Like 1
On 7/12/2022 at 8:07 AM, Diapered Dave said:

I've been a bedwetter for several years now, but I've also developed urge incontinence in the last few years too. It's been steadily getting worse, to the point that I can't be away from a toilet for much more than an hour. My bladder capacity is 175ml to 200ml before I'll wet myself.

It will continue to get worse as you get older.  That was my bladder capacity about five ago when I was 55 where I also had a capacity of around 5-7 oz (150 ml - 200 ml), but it has continued to decrease over the years and currently their are occasions where I need to go desperately and only pee around an ounce (30 ml), but typically I now have a bladder capacity that is at 3-5 ounces (90 ml - 150 ml).  The one thing I have noticed more and more often is a steady leakage that many times I don't even notice.

I just finished going back for my typical 6 month check up at which time my doctor went over my bladder issues at which time I told him they had not gotten any better and he said I should follow up with my urologist.  I will be making a new appointment in the next couple of weeks and fully expect that I will get another prostate exam. 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, ken2988 said:

It will continue to get worse as you get older.  That was my bladder capacity about five ago when I was 55 where I also had a capacity of around 5-7 oz (150 ml - 200 ml), but it has continued to decrease over the years and currently their are occasions where I need to go desperately and only pee around an ounce (30 ml), but typically I now have a bladder capacity that is at 3-5 ounces (90 ml - 150 ml).  The one thing I have noticed more and more often is a steady leakage that many times I don't even notice.

Mines, I am starting to notice that as I get older and older. It's why I am in diapers now because sooner or later when I have no capacity, I have a diaper on.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BabyJune said:

I wear diapers when I go to the dentist. He isn't working with that end, so no chance of getting discovered.

Same with getting my hair cut.

My wife was surprised that I wore them to my ENT appointment.   I pointed out he was supposed to checking my ears.   Unless he's like Dr. Kim who makes everybody take their pants off:

• 3 months later...

I've had a lot of dental work done over the last few years.  I have huge anxiety issues regarding dentists and dental work so I get really nervous.  I had a bunch of crowns put in so I was in the chair for a couple hours.  I didn't wear a diaper...which was a huge mistake.  I had to pee so often it was almost comical.  Fortunately my dentist is really understanding and just rolled with it.  Now being diapered is a must whenever I get any dental work done.

• 4 weeks later...