LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Fuel Prices...an interesting take

I've know that was going to happen as far back as April of 2020. Trying to duplicate the housing market onto the oil market. Those mega corporations are doing that because the housing market is crashing from high interest rates.

Precision Scheduled Railroading has really railroaded our country.   It's not just Union Pacific, all the class one RRs went with PSR.

Even though we are not in a war with Russia like the Ukraine, that war is affecting lots of different countries all around the world, especially with gas prices.  True, it's OPEC and they can dictate prices and how much oil they release, but there is no doubt that sanctions against Russia oil does leave a high demand for what is available, and that will drive up the cost of oil.  Also since Ukraine exports the products below, the war has hampered them also driving up prices.  While the below statistics may not seem like much, it all has an affect on prices.  That's not even counting what we used to import from Russia besides oil before the sanctions that we no longer get. 

• Iron, steel: US$13.1 billion (19.9% of total exports)
  • Cereals: $11.8 billion (18%)
  • Ores, slag, ash: $7 billion (10.7%)
  • Animal/vegetable fats, oils, waxes: $6.9 billion (10.5%)
  • Electrical machinery, equipment: $3.2 billion (4.8%)
  • Machinery including computers: $2.1 billion (3.2%)

Think of World War 2 when most everything was rationed, if you could even get it at all.  Prices were high then too.  Yes, it's not our war per say, but we have a hand in it with supplying weapons to Ukraine.  If we let Russia storm all over an independent country, where will they stop next?  Nukes against other countries including us?  I hate the high gas prices and inflation.  I know some companies are taking advantage of the situation and price gouging. 

The lack of oil availability with countries boycotting Russian oil means higher prices for fuel, and that means higher costs for producing products as well as shipping them everywhere, either by train or truck or cargo ship.  It's a domino effect.  It domino's against everything because people will conserve gas, stay home more and that will affect traveling, tourism, hotels, restaurants and just keep boomeranging.  Not as much as the Covid Pandemic, but to some effect.  I place most of the blame squarely on the shoulder's of Putin and his friends.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
23 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Even though we are not in a war with Russia like the Ukraine, that war is affecting lots of different countries all around the world, especially with gas prices.  True, it's OPEC and they can dictate prices and how much oil they release, but there is no doubt that sanctions against Russia oil does leave a high demand for what is available, and that will drive up the cost of oil.  Also since Ukraine exports the products below, the war has hampered them also driving up prices.  While the below statistics may not seem like much, it all has an affect on prices.  That's not even counting what we used to import from Russia besides oil before the sanctions that we no longer get. 

• Iron, steel: US$13.1 billion (19.9% of total exports)
  • Cereals: $11.8 billion (18%)
  • Ores, slag, ash: $7 billion (10.7%)
  • Animal/vegetable fats, oils, waxes: $6.9 billion (10.5%)
  • Electrical machinery, equipment: $3.2 billion (4.8%)
  • Machinery including computers: $2.1 billion (3.2%)

Think of World War 2 when most everything was rationed, if you could even get it at all.  Prices were high then too.  Yes, it's not our war per say, but we have a hand in it with supplying weapons to Ukraine.  If we let Russia storm all over an independent country, where will they stop next?  Nukes against other countries including us?  I hate the high gas prices and inflation.  I know some companies are taking advantage of the situation and price gouging. 

The lack of oil availability with countries boycotting Russian oil means higher prices for fuel, and that means higher costs for producing products as well as shipping them everywhere, either by train or truck or cargo ship.  It's a domino effect.  It domino's against everything because people will conserve gas, stay home more and that will affect traveling, tourism, hotels, restaurants and just keep boomeranging.  Not as much as the Covid Pandemic, but to some effect.  I place most of the blame squarely on the shoulder's of Putin and his friends.

Though that is true, our President isn't helping by cutting drilling permits left and right.   Oil and fuel prices are largely controlled by market speculation.  Even though cutting a drilling permit doesn't effect today's supply,  the market speculation does effect today's price.  

It's easy to blame the war, but fuel prices and inflation we're skyrocketing before the war.  You can't dump all that free stimulus money into an economy and not expect inflation. 

• Like 1

It all comes back to Biden. His actions as President have lead directly to the inflation and sky high gas prices we are seeing today. The entire world see’s Biden as a pathetically weak leader and that has lead directly to Putin’s decision to invade the Ukraine. The invasion of Ukraine has had very little impact on the inflation and gas prices in the U.S.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
4 hours ago, fillemup said:

It all comes back to Biden. His actions as President have lead directly to the inflation and sky high gas prices we are seeing today. The entire world see’s Biden as a pathetically weak leader and that has lead directly to Putin’s decision to invade the Ukraine. The invasion of Ukraine has had very little impact on the inflation and gas prices in the U.S.

Truth

• Like 1

What  Biden and the tree huggers don't understand is electric trucks for long haul trucking are at least 20 years away.

A Etruck for long haul trucking needs to have a range of 1000 miles and charge in an hour.

Truck drivers can drive for 12 hours and have to rest for 8. Team drivers can drive for 24 hours, and this is what many cross-country teams do. Only stopping for fuel.

Stopping for 8 to 12 hours to charge will cause shortages around the US.

AND PUT NON UNION OWNER OPERATORS OUT OF BUSINESS..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, Cute_Kitten said:

All I have to say is I can see November being a very interesting month this year.... ?

True, but don't think there will be much of a change after the elections.  I feel this is here to stay for a while and no one is going to be able to reverse the gas prices (while Russia is at it with Ukraine and sanctions are in place) and how many times over the last 50 years has inflation really gone down?  My doubt is a republican controlled congress and senate isn't going to change things much.

• Confused 1
10 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

True, but don't think there will be much of a change after the elections.  I feel this is here to stay for a while and no one is going to be able to reverse the gas prices (while Russia is at it with Ukraine and sanctions are in place) and how many times over the last 50 years has inflation really gone down?  My doubt is a republican controlled congress and senate isn't going to change things much.

I think it's going to be hard if not impossible to reverse course. IMO it's more a matter of either putting the breaks or accelerating the train wreck. ?